College Life |Zayn Malik| [Un...

By DontCallMeMaybe

Amanda was always one of those kinds of people who actually looked forward to college, literally counting dow... More

Meeting Zayn
The Campus
Shopping with a Friend
Visitors
Boring Classes
Cuddling with a Curly Haired Boy
Not Jealous
"You have ice cream on your lip."
In Denial
Vampires Are Scary
Secret Girlfriends
Laser Tag
Dorito?
A Dog Peed On Me
Sleep Talking
Wasted
Questions
Hangover
Family Reunion
Haunted Hospitals
No London

Thanks, Niall.

8.4K 155 19
By DontCallMeMaybe

HEY, JUST THOUGHT I'D TELL YOU ABOUT MY REVELATION. So if you didn't already know, I never really listened to One Directions music... I'm a horrible person, right? I've been on Spotify all day listening to them and...

GUYYSSSS I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH OMG I WAS CRYING LIKE OVER AGAIN IS MY JAM

Anyways *unedited*

~Enjoy~

P.S. The ending of this is very boring... Sorry. 

P.S.S. If you were like one of the first people to read this chapter, sorry about the title malfunction lol...

~~~

Chapter 18- Thanks, Niall.

Zayn’s POV

I groaned when heard my alarm go off. It’s quite amazing that Amanda can always manage to sleep through it. I got out of my bed, being careful not to wake her. She’s really not a morning person, like at all. Sometimes I’m scared to even wake her for class because it’s not pretty. She looks like an angel when she’s sleeping, but that changes as soon as she’s awake. I got ready for class like I normally do. I hoped today wouldn’t be too awkward. Lindsey and I have most of our classes together and, not that she was bitter or anything when we “broke up”, but I don’t know what to expect. Her reaction was monotone. She said she was happy for me, but I’m not sure if she meant it.

I walked out of the bathroom and back into the room. Amanda was still unconscious, sprawled out on my bed with her face buried in a pillow. It was really cute, actually. I contemplated whether I should wake her. I wasn’t sure if she wanted to go back to class or not. Ultimately I just let her sleep and left the room.

I bet she’s really stressed out, I mean the last time I saw her she almost had a panic attack. It sucks knowing that it’s only going to get worse. When the fans find out that she broke Harry’s heart, things are bound to get ugly. I wish there was a way for me to protect her from everything, but there isn’t. I was going to ask her to come to England with me for Spring Break, but I know that’s not a good idea. If the fans see us together, right after Amanda’s and Harry’s breakup, they’ll get suspicious and rumors will spread like wildfire.

The other guys and management are pretty mad at me. I don’t know why though, it’s not my fault. The heart wants what the heart wants. Harry should stop being a baby and get over it. Okay, joking. That was insensitive and Harry is like my brother. I didn’t mean that.

Niall is the only one who’s actually defending me. Liam is just confused, but since Harry’s the victim, he won’t listen to me. Louis’ has to be the angriest at me out of all of them, with him being Harry’s closest friend and all. Management honestly doesn’t care about Harry and I emotionally, they just care about the band and our image. It’s a fact that the fans are going to be furious if they ever find out I stole Harry’s girlfriend. It’s also evident that if things go on like this, the tension in the band will become obvious to the fans and it could spark tons of controversy. According to management, it’s all my fault and Amanda is just trouble.

On Tuesday’s I have 3 classes, 2 of which I share with Lindsey. It seemed like she ignoring me the entire time, not that I have a problem with that. Not to be mean or anything, she really is a nice girl, but she’s so annoying. Her squeaky voice and her tendencies to always be overly-enthusiastic were unbearable. I could feel the tension in the room and couldn’t wait to leave. While I was leaving my last class though, I was approached by her in the hall.

“Hi Zayn.” She smiled slightly. It was obviously forced.

“Um, hey” I smiled back.

“I don’t want things to be weird between us.” She blurted. Well ironic of her to say since she’s the one making everything weird.

“Yeah, definitely, me neither.” I nodded.

“I’m actually really happy for you Zayn. I just hope this didn’t ruin our friendship.”

“Of course not, we’re still friends.” I smiled reassuringly.

“Oh, yay.” She sighed in relief, “I was worried. I’ll talk to you later though; I have another class to get to.” She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek before walking away. I would have said something if she hadn’t walked away so fast. That made me really uncomfortable. It was only a kiss on the cheek right? Maybe she didn’t read into as much as I did. I mean, it could have been a friendly gesture.

I stopped at Starbucks before heading back to the dorm. College isn’t as much of a hassle as it was in the first 3 months. People were always taking pictures and following me around. I guess they’ve gotten used to One Direction going to their college though because all of that has died down. I walked in the room and saw Amanda pacing the room, talking on the phone.

~

Amanda’s POV

I woke up and sadly, didn’t feel Zayn’s arm wrapped around me. I guess he went to class- Hey! He didn’t even wake me! But it’s not like I was going anyway. I knew I was going to have to talk to Harry today. I should make myself presentable. I rolled out of Zayn’s bed and walked into the bathroom to examine how bad I looked. Not gonna lie, the One Direction fan base does a great job making people feel ugly. And worthless… but that’s irrelevant.

I took out the braid in my hair and brushed it. It was actually really tangled. I washed my face and put on clothes that were more decent than what I was already wearing. I squeezed into my skinny jeans and pulled on a random band t-shirt.  I walked back into the room and sat on the couch. I was nervous to talk to Harry. I had no idea what his reaction would be and after hearing about what he said to Zayn, I’m even more scared.

I was sitting, staring at a wall for almost 20 minutes. At this rate, I’ll never do it. I stopped procrastinating and put on the closest shoes. I walked down the hall to his room rather slowly. I knocked on the door and he didn’t answer, so I just opened it. When I walked in, I saw him laid out on his couch. He looked up at me and his expression instantly changed. The room was silent aside from the sound of his TV in the background. I didn’t know what to say.

“So you like Zayn then?” he said in a tone I couldn’t decipher.

“Um I-”

“And you’ve liked him the entire time we were together, right?” he cut me off. The edge in his voice told me he was angry.

“I didn’t want to hurt you, Harry. I’m sorry.”

“You weren’t trying to hurt me so instead of telling me you didn’t love me, you go and fuck Zayn behind my back? That makes it so much better!” he was screaming. I’ve seen Harry angry before, but I’ve never seen him angry at me.

“I did not ‘fuck him behind your back’!” I yelled back at him, “It was one kiss Harry! I never expected you to just barge in like that!”

“How does that change anything?!” he sat up and stared me in the eyes, “If anything it makes it worse! What the hell Amanda? You fucking cheated on me! I thought you loved me!”

“I did! I still do, just not in that way! Why would I ever intentionally hurt you? Can’t you see that I’m sorry? Stop being so fucking stubborn!”

“Oh, so I’m being stubborn? Says the one who cheated on me with my band mate!”  His voice got even louder, if that’s possible. I felt tears at the brim my eyes.

“Don’t hate Zayn. Blame everything on me, please just don’t hate Zayn.” I cried.  That was all I said before I ran out. I slammed the door behind me and ran down the hall to my room. I heard footsteps follow behind me, but I didn’t bother to look back. I’d hoped it was Harry, but it was Niall who entered the room.

“Are you okay?” he frowned, shutting the door behind him. I shook my head as he walked towards me, engulfing me in his arms. He rubbed my back soothingly, but it didn’t help much.

“Please don’t beat yourself up over this. Harry will get over it.” He mumbled as I stained his shirt with my tears. He said a few more comforting words, but they were all a blur as I got caught in my thoughts. I’m such a selfish person.

“You should hate me, Harry’s your best friend.” I mutter into his shoulder.

“You shouldn’t hate someone for falling in love.”

After a lot of crying, I finally calmed down. Niall stayed with me for a while. We ate an entire carton of ice cream, Niall being the one who ate most of it, and watched a movie. I don’t normally drown my sorrows in food, but this time it actually helped. It seemed as if Niall was filling Iris’s shoes. She’s supposed to be helping me during times like this, not him. Eventually Niall had to go to class and I was left alone again. I sat balled up in my chair staring blankly at the TV, until I got a call.

“Hello?” I sighed, answering it.

“Hey Mandy!” It was my dad.

“Hey…”

“How’s life?” he asked. For some reason, it really annoyed me.

“Daddy, is there something in particular you need to talk about, because I’m really not in the mood.” I got out of my chair and stretched. My legs were starting to go numb from sitting so long.

“Wow, sorry for wanting to hear my daughter’s voice. We haven’t talked in weeks.” He breathed loudly, “Anyway there’s a family reunion on Saturday. I’m expecting you to be there.” He said. I looked over when I heard the door open.

“Hey” Zayn’s smiled instantly lifted my spirits.

“Hi” I mouthed to him and smiled back, kind of, “How come you couldn’t have told me this last week? I could have plans.”

“Well I would hope family is your priority?” he said putting on his dad-voice.

“It’s so unfair that you’re just imposing on my life like this” I whined.

“I’m not imposing on your life, it’s your decision.”

“But it’s really not because you’re pressuring me to go.”

“Amanda, don’t go if you don’t want to. Do what you like. Call me when you’re in a better mood.” With that he hung up. He must be really angry if he hung up on me with saying bye. In the end I probably will go to the reunion out of guilt. I hate to say this, but I cannot stand my family. Jason and my dad are cool, yeah. Everyone else on the other hand, aren’t cool at all. They constantly judge me for not choosing a “reasonable” career like becoming a lawyer or a doctor. Apparently becoming a photographer is completely ludicrous to them, which is ironic since my dad is a photographer and he’s quite successful. I’m just not up to it with the added pressure of the “Harry thing” while at the same time getting criticized by my family.

“So, where don’t you want to go?” Zayn smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“My dad wants me to go to this really lame family reunion.”

“Why don’t you wanna see your family?”

“They’re sort of a pain in the ass.”

“Still, I barely ever see my family. You’re lucky.” He mumbled, making me frown.

“Aww, I’m sorry” I leaned up to kiss him. I probably sounded like an ungrateful bitch. How I dare I complain about my family when he hasn’t even seen his in months.

“It’s fine.” He smiled, “I think you should go.”

“But they’re so intimidating.” I pouted.

“I’ll go with you, if that makes it any better.”

“Yes! That would make it a million times better” I grinned, pressing my lips against his once again.  I pulled away, staring into his eyes.

“Niall told me you talked to Harry, I’m guessing it didn’t go so well?” he said leaning his forehead on mine.

“No… but I’m fine.” I smiled, but it was mostly a lie. I still felt miserable. Being with Zayn just lessened the feeling. After an intense stare down, I was pretty sure he wasn’t convinced. The entire time he was doing his homework, he was trying to cheer me up. I tried to ignore him, but that was impossible. When he actually went back to finishing his assignment and stopped acting like an idiot to make me laugh, I got on my laptop. I got a few emails from my professors alerting me on projects they started when I wasn’t there. God, you miss 2 days and suddenly end up with piles of  make-up work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 380 107
Louis attends a university, where he has to follow two simple rules. 1) Don't make friends. They only distract you 2) Don't have a girlfriend. But no...
4.8M 30.3K 62
Hailey Malik life seems great, living with One Direction and having Zayn Malik as an adopted brother. Even coming from an abusive childhood, she stan...
7K 78 26
Just a normal girl who lives in London with her friends. She is a very good student that is given an amazing opportunity. An opportunity that changed...
310K 14K 9
Louis's life was supposed to be perfect. He was engaged, happy, and recently scored his dream job as an art professor at a university. So then, why c...