Marital Love

By geminified_

"π’ͺπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώβ„΄π“Šπ“‡π“ƒβ„―π“Ž π’Ύπ“ˆπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝒻ℯ𝒸𝓉 π’·π“Šπ“‰ 𝒾𝓉'π“ˆ β„΄π“Šπ“‡π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 ℐ'𝓁𝓁 π“ˆπ“‰π’Ύπ’Έπ“€ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½ π“Žβ„΄π“Š 𝓉�... More

Author's Note
Characters
🎢Playlist🎢
Chapter 1 : The First Meet
Chapter 2 : "Let's Meet"
Chapter 3 : Jaans
Chapter 4 : First Date
Chapter 5 : It's Fixed
Chapter 6 : Engagement (Part1)
Chapter 7 : Engagement (Part 2)
Chapter 8 : Day Out
Chapter 9 : I Promise!!
Chapter 10 : Mehendi
Chapter 11 : Sangeet
Chapter 12 : Wedding bells
Chapter 13 : A New Phase
Chapter 14 : Being supportive
Chapter 15 : Sorry!!
Chapter 16: Bits of the past
Chapter 17 : Rising feelings
Chapter 18 : Emergency
Chapter 19 : Jouissance
Chapter 20 : You are my priority!
Chapter 21 : All because of her!!
Chapter 22 : Drunk?
Chapter 23 : Stupid Heart!!
Chapter 24 : His smile is to die for!!
Promo⚑
Chapter 25 : Humdard 🎢
Chapter 27 : It's fun to tease her!!
Chapter 28 : Her safe place!
Chapter 29 : I just need to hug him!
Chapter 30 : Rain, me and you!
Chapter 31 : My and Pree's baby!
Chapter 32 : Sick Agnhiotri
Chapter 33 : Her Saviour!
Chapter 34 : I don't need to worry!
Chapter 35 : She's my painkiller!!
Chapter 36 : Lies Mr. Agnhiotri!
Chapter 37 : I'm home!!
Chapter 38 : Just be fine!
Epilogue
Announcement
Bonus Chapter 1
New Story Alert

Chapter 26 : I know you better than you!

7.5K 438 75
By geminified_

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕..... 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔."
~~~

Third Person's POV~

Akhil opened the bathroom door after the shower to witness his dear wife standing in front of the mirror wearing a beautiful green outfit.

"How can you manage to be so beautiful?" he whispered getting closer to her and hugged from behind. Her vanilla scent was doing wonders to his senses.

"Just the way you manage to be so hot..." she said nonchalantly picking up her earings.

Guess she didn't realize what she said in the flow.

"Uhh-Huh!!" he turned her to face him and took the earings from her hands. She kept adoring his facial features while he made her wear them but instantly shifted her gaze when their eyes met.

"Look here!" Akhil made her face him holding her chin and placed a kiss over her forehead. "You looked exactly this beautiful on our Mehendi too. I wish I could tell you then, that how you made my heart skip a beat every time I saw you during our wedding days."

Preeti smiled and wondered how their relationship had progressed ever since then. There was a time when she felt love was not her cup of tea but look at the situation now!!

She didn't even know when she fell for him. Was it the day they went for their first date or the day at the beach or on the day of her meeting?

She wasn't sure when but she was sure that she was completely head over heels for him.

"Subah subah itni taarif! Bas karo aur jao tayar hojao. If we are late even by a single minute then that Gadha is going to taunt me for the whole life!"
[Early morning so much praising! It's enough now and go get ready.]

Preeti pushed him gently and continued with adorning rest of her accessories. While Akhil continued his 'Admire my wife' session whilst getting dressed.

If you are wondering why are they getting dressed then let me tell you. It's the #Meesh mehendi today.

Soon after Vansh proposed Meera their families decided to hold the wedding in a month at a resort in the outskirts of the city.

All the guests were to arrive today where as the Ahujas, Agnhiotris, Rais, Bakshis, Ashish and Neharika arrived yesterday afternoon.

Though they had hired a wedding planner all the friends had split the work among themselves.They all equally wanted to contribute in the wedding.

After they were done Akhil and Preeti made there way to the lawn. It was beautifully decorated with a theme of flowers and umbrellas.

-

Vansh stood blushing, due to all the teasing and mocking by his family and friends.
Meera arrived with Preeti and Neharika on each side of her. Swati who was sitting on one of the ottomans embraced her going to be sister-in-law.
The elder ladies made Meera sit at her special place.

"Maine to tumhe itne saalo se iss parivar ka hi hissa mana hai. Ab se kuch din mein tum officially is ghar ki member ban jaogi." Mrs Ahuja said embracing Meera.
[I've always considered you a part of this family. Within few days you'll be officially a member of the family.]

"Yes. Now we can torture this guy morning and night together!!" Jay grinned high fiving her.

"Kaisa bhai hai re mera!!" Vansh shook his head. He knew Jay and Meera together won't spare him. God give him strength to handle the mockings he'll bear from now on.
[What kind of a brother I have!!]

"OK now everyone let's start the ceremony." Mrs. Agnhiotri declared. All the ladies settled down to get their hands coloured with henna. Preeti whereas went to get some fruits for Swati.

"Aree you also go na! Jay will take care of these things." Swati said as Preeti forwarded a piece of Apple.

"Bhabhi, Jay bhai is busy looking after the guests and the arrangements. It's OK. I'll go later."

While Preeti fed Swati, Neharika also sat near them. The elder ladies persuaded her to get henna on her hands. Though hesitant initially, she finally agreed.
Preeti fed a piece to her too.

"Preeu come na!"Neharika insisted. Preeti nodded and went to keep away the plate.

When she turned around to go back she noticed a familiar person speaking with Jay.

"What is he doing here?" Preeti muttered panicking. She neither expected nor wished to see the person in her life.

Jay turned around to see Preeti standing near. He smiled and called her nearer. "Preeti this is Nikhil Awasthi. He's the wedding planner as well as a good friend of mine. If you guys need any help, he'll be there."

Preeti forcefully passed a smile at Nikhil who was equally surprised to see her there.
She excused herself as she was still in a shock and settled near Neharika contemplating whether or not to tell her about the encounter.

"Preeu what happened? You seem lost" Neharika asked sensing that she had zoned out.

"Uhh....nothing. I'm fine. How's it going?" Preeti asked changing the topic. "Look!!" Neharika excitedly showed her the henna.

She looked quite happy while applying the henna. Preeti was unwilling to spoil her mood so she decided to keep mum for now.

Meanwhile Akhil, Ashish, Vansh and Jay approached and settled besides their ladies, Ashish was though being awkward at first.

"Ma'am what name should I write?" the henna artist asked Neharika as she saw Ashish sitting besides her. Both of them shared looks while others stiffened their laughter.

"Naam nahi, sirf A likh dijiye!" Preeti told the henna artist.
[Not the name, just write an A!]
"Preeu!" "Bhabhi!" Neharika and Ashish whined in inusion.

"Ayee kya Bhabhi? Sahi to boli woh."
Akhil said mischievously.
[What Bhabhi? She said it right.]
"Kya Romeo Juliet? Itna bhi kya sharma rahe ho?" Vansh teased.
[What Romeo Juliet? Why are you shying so much?]

Both Neharika and Ashish were blushing hard. Though being aware of their feelings for each other, they haven't yet confesed and the continuous teasing embarrassed them.

"Ok ok now enough. Let's not rag them more." Swati said and gestured her eyes towards Preeti and Akhil who were now busy admiring the henna being applied on her hands.

"Akhil sab keliye paani lekar aa na." Jay ordered deliberately.
[Akhil go and bring water for everyone.]
"Mein? Abhi? Kisi aur ko bhej na! I'm busy!" Akhil answered and shifted back his attention to Preeti's hands.
[Me? Now? Send someone else!]

"Hmm... Dikh raha hai!" Vansh said with a mischievous grin.
[It's visible!]
"Tu apni wali pe dhyaan dena!" Akhil glared at him.
[You focus on your one (Meera)!]

After sometime they all heard two people arguing in the background.

"Not again!!!" they all shook their head in inusion.

"Ayee Chachundar don't you dare call me Chipkali in front of those girls!!"

"Then you also don't call me Chachundar!"

"I will. That's my birth right!"

"Birth right? Oh hello my parents have given me a nice name call me with that! OK ?"

"You also call me Riya then!" she whined pouting.

"Uhh... That's a difficult task. Mein to tummhe naam se hi pukarta hun par pata nahi Chipkali hi sunayi deta hain." he said scratching his head.
[I do call you with your name but don't know why it sounds Chipkali only.]

"Ughh... Bhaad mein jao tum!!" Riya stomped her feet and walked away.
[Go to hell!!]
"Aree patta to batati jao!!" Vivaan yelled from behind.
[Atleast give me the address!!]

They might have argued more than ten times since yesterday, but no one was annoyed of their bickerings. Instead it was a good entertainment for them.

---

The Mehendi ceremony ended at around 5:00 pm. All the guests had retarded to their rooms or houses.

The four couples along with Vivaan and Riya were sitting in the lawn. The elders had also retarded to their rooms.

"Chal Vansh ab apna naam dhund!" Preeti said.
[Come on Vansh now find your name!]
"Preeu mujhe nahi lagta ye janab apna pura naam dhund payenge." Meera mocked looking mischievously at Vansh.
[Preeu I don't think this mister can find his whole name.]

"And what if I do find?" Vansh challenged.

"Then anything you ask!" Meera smiled.

"Anything?" Vansh grinned teasingly earning a smack from Jay who was sitting right next to him.

"Flirt later. Now find!" He ordered.

After trying hard he did find his name. The henna artists had hid the name very cleverly. "Ughh...!!I need an eye check up. God how well they hid my name!" Vansh whined.

"Itna bhi mushkil nahi tha. Lekin is Dramebaaz ko to nakhre karne hai bas!" Ashish said.
[It wasn't that difficult. But this drama queen has to throw tantrums!]

"Acha beta! Let your turn come you'll also know!" Vansh glared.

"Aree soon soon. The progress is rapid you know!!" Meera teased while Neharika sat there blushing.

"Uh....guys can I get you all something?" came a voice from behind, freezing Neharika. She had heard it after almost a year.

She dared not to look back and instead looked at Preeti who had a similar expression on her face. They both exchanged looks.

"Yeah the girls might be hungry. Why don't you arrange some food for them?" Akhil suggested.

"Sure." Nikhil smiled and went to make the required arrangements. Neharika stood up to leave but was stopped by Ashish. "Riki at least have some food and go."

"Oho!! Riki huh?" everyone teased in inusion except Preeti. Understanding the situation she too stood up. "I think she's tired. Let her rest. I'll make her eat afterwards."

The nervousness in Preeti's voice didn't go unnoticed by Akhil. He sensed something was wrong.

Nikhil arrived along with four helpers carrying plates with food. "Are khana aa hi gaya hai to kha kar ja na Riki." Swati said.
[If the food has arrived then eat and go Riki.]

Not able to argue, she agreed and settled down, her eyes making sure not to meet Nikhil's.

"Par Riki Di khaegi kaise? We all girls are having henna on our hands." Riya said.
[But how will Riki Di eat?]

"That's the reason I call you Chipkali!" Vivaan muttered.

"Kya bole Chachundar!!" Riya asked narrowing her eyes at him.
[What did you say Chachundar!!]

"Nothing! Ashish bhaya will feed her. Haina Bhaya?" Vivaan responded.
[Right Bhaya?]

"Yeah sure why not. Only if you don't mind." he looked at Neharika and said. She hesitantly nodded as she was hungry.

Ashish feeding Neharika caught Nikhil off guard.
What relation do they have? He thought.

Both Preeti and Neharika glanced each other time to time with worried eyes. Akhil's doubt grew stronger, but decided to have a conversation with Preeti once they are back in their room.

Here Riya having no one in particular to feed her decided to go to her mother. "Umm... Bhai I'll go to Maa. I'm hungry and since you all are busy I'll eat with her."

"It's OK I'll feed you and Preeti simultaneously." Akhil responded.

Riya nodded her head in negative "Kebab mein haddi nahi ban na mujhe!"
[I don't want to play gooseberry!]

"To mat ban na. I'll feed you!" She heard Vivaan saying. For a moment she was taken off guard but internally smiled how nonchalantly he said that.
[Then don't be. ]

"Umm... You sure?" she asked confirming.

"Yes baba. Just don't bite my finger!" he said laughing. A sly smile lingered on her lips.

Akhil just like any brother was reluctant inwardly but he trusts Vivaan. So he let it slide.

"Uh I'm done. I-I need some rest." Neharika said getting uncomfortable with the pair of eyes constantly gazing her.

"OK. Should I accompany you till the room?" Ashish asked.

"Yes Ashish I think you should go with her." Preeti said giving an assuring nod to Neharika. She didn't want her to be alone, especially when Nikhil was around.

Akhil was called by his mother so he went to their room while Preeti excused herself. Meanwhile Jay, Vansh and Vivaan continued feeding Swati, Meera and Riya.

-

"Preeti?" Nikhil said as he saw her coming towards him.
"You better be in your limits Awasthi!" she warned.

"Limits? What did I do?"

"I noticed the way you were gazing at Riki. I'm warning you, stay away from her or else... "

"Or else... Or else what? You'll go and tell everyone that I was eyeing your best friend. No one's gonna believe you. Jay and Vansh won't believe that." he said with a smirk.

"To your dismay everyone will believe me. And if my husband comes to know that you're a trouble here then just see..."

"Uh-huh! Well let me remind you that Riki is my fiancée... "

"Ex..." Preeti corrected.

"Whatever! You don't even know how much I missed her. If destiny has given me a chance to meet her again why shouldn't I try to mend things back."

"She has moved on you bastard! And dare not to think about coming back in her life cz I'm not letting that happen. I'll not let you ruin her happiness again!!"

"Ohh Preeti! You couldn't stop me then. Then how could you now?"

"Well last time I was bound by auntie's words. But this time I'll make sure that you don't fuck my best friend's life again." she said pointing her finger at him.

Saying this Preeti stormed out of the lawn towards her room. While walking in rage she bumped into someone.

"Ouchhh.." she winced rubbing her forehead.

"Pree look where you're going! Let me see."

"I'm fine Akhil."she said in an annoyed tone.

"Doesn't looks so." Akhil said. "Is everything alright. I saw you were worried, back in the lawn. Is something bothering you?" his voice filled with concern.

How do you always manage to know I'm not fine even if I don't tell you?
She thought looking at him surprised.

"Uhh... N-no there's nothing bothering me. Wo actually I'm tired na so..." her voice trailed off.

"If you say so." Akhil smiled though he wasn't fully convinced. His eyes looked into hers as if telling her
'I know you better than you!'

They made their way to their room to rest for a while and then dress up for the cocktail night!!

---

"How do I look?" questioned Preeti stepping out of the bathroom after changing into a black Dhoti Saree.

Akhil who was applying his perfume glanced through the mirror. She stood their smiling while his eyes examined her adoringly.

She looked glamorous in her outfit. But as always it was her sparkling eyes that he was hooked to.
He can never get enough of them!

"Can we cancel the party and stay here?" he blurted under the influence of her mesmerizing looks. A hint of red appeared on her face as she heard his words.

He's become more frank in expressing his love and desires for her. She was loving this side of him.

"What? What will Vansh and Meera think? Let's go if you're done." Preeti said turning around to leave hiding her blushing cheeks but was stopped by his pull making her bump into his chest.

"I was serious about what I said." he whispered in a husky tone. Preeti's mind went numb and she fell short of excuses.

"Umm.... I... We..." she stuttered melting under his piercing gaze, her heart racing faster than a horse, butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

"I think we..." Akhil was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. He groaned and received it.

"Hello."

"Akki, Riki isn't coming to the party! I tried convincing her but she's making excuses. I called Bhabhi but her phone's switched off. Can you please ask her to talk to Riki?" Ashish said getting restless.

"Sure. Don't worry!" he hung up and looked for Preeti's phone. "The battery is dead." he said and put the phone on charging.

"Isn't Neharika coming?" he asked. "Huh? She isn't?" Preeti quizzed, but soon realized the reason for her denial.

"Umm... let me talk to her. You go. I'll come with her." She didn't want Neharika to sulk in the room just because of some moron.

As Akhil made his way to the party venue, Preeti approached Neharika's room. After several knocks she finally opened the door.
A sudden spring of anger rose in her when she saw a disheveled Neharika in front of her. Her eyes red, Mehendi clothes still on and hair messed up.

"What the hell! Riki why are you..?" she couldn't complete as Neharika weeped embracing Preeti.

"Why is this happening Preeu? Why is he back? I never wished to see his face again. Then why? When I finally decided to move on destiny has to bring him back in my life!!!" she cried out.

Nikhil had hurt her deeply in the past and she didn't want her and Ashish's relationship getting affected by it.

The biggest insecurity that ate her was the fact that Nikhil could manipulate Ashish out of her life just the way he used to manipulate her.

"Shh....Riki baba no... Shh listen...listen to me." Preeti settled her on the bed and sat besides her passing a glass of water.

"You don't want him back right?" Preeti asked and Neharika nodded wiping her eyes and Preeti's lips curved into a small smile.

"I promise Riki. I ain't letting that moron ruin your happiness again. Do you trust me?" Preeti asked holding Riki's hands in hers.

Neharika nodded and said "I trust you Preeu. I don't want that man in my life. He's done enough damage to my emotions!"

"Then come, get ready!! Someone's getting eager to meet you! Someone who is eager to heal that damage! " Preeti cheered her up and hepled her getting dressed.

Both of them went down to the party hall.
The hall was filled with people but Neharika and Preeti'seyes were searching for their one and only.

Just then Preeti felt a warm hand over her waist and a smile automatically turned on her face. "I think I should leave you both alone!" Neharika said giggling and went where Meera was sitting.

"Aaj thike magar kal mere sath time jyada bitana!" Akhil said locking his arms around her.
[For today it's OK but tomorrow spend more time with me!]

"Why?" she asked.

"Yaad bhi hai kal kya hai?" He asked stunned for a second.
[Do you even remember what's tomorrow?]

Doesn't she really remember? He thought.

"Kya hai kal?" she asked placing her finger over the chin acting as if thinking hard🤔.
[What is it tomorrow?]

"Psch Pree yaar, don't play with me now!" Akhil whined getting impatient.

He knows she's doing this deliberately. No chance she's going to forget his birthday!!

Preeti giggled and pinched his nose. "I like annoying you!! Look how impatient you are! of course I remember baba that tomorrow is your..... "

"Thank God...."

"....Best friend's sangeet!!" Preeti smiled mischievously and ran out of his sight.
Akhil groaned and shook his head .

'God! she very well knows how to test my patience!! '
He smiled internally.

-

Everyone was busy shaking their legs while Neharika stood alone busy with her phone. She was waiting for her person, who was no where to be seen.

"How about a dance?" she heard a familiar voice.
Unfortunately not the one she wished to hear.

"How about a NO!!" she snapped.

"Ohh come on dear. You used to like dancing with me?" Nikhil said coming closer and Neharika stepped back.

"Leave me alone Nikhil!"

"That's the problem. I can't..."

"Riki, Ashish is there waiting for you. Go!!" Preeti came in her best friends defence.

Neharika went away hurriedly. Nikhil was about to follow her but Preeti blocked his way.

"Didn't I warn you to stay away?Huh!!" she glared.

"As if I care!" he muttered.

"Don't test my patience Nikhil!!" saying she marched away. Nikhil frowned when he saw Neharika standing near Ashish but also noticed the awkwardness between them.

"He's not the one for you Riki!" he muttered under his breath.

-

The party was going on smoothly. It was nearly midnight and people were busy dancing at hit numbers.

Suddenly the lights went off and everyone panicked . But then the spotlight hit Akhil's face.

"Everyone it's just 10 seconds left for my bro's birthday!!" came the groom's voice.
Then started the countdown.

Akhil was well known to Vansh and Jay's family. He had several times met their relatives at different occasions. So they all joined in the birthday countdown.

"5...4...3...2...1!!!! Happy Birthday!! " they all cheered in inusion. A big smile formed on his face and finally all the lights were lit again.

His smile widened when he saw Preeti and others standing there with a cake in front of him.

Preeti came forward and crossing her arms around his neck embraced him. Akhil picked her up by waist a little whilst crushing her in his hug.

"Happy Birthday Husband!!" she whispered in his ears.
"Ohh I thought you don't remember Wifey!" he chuckled and she slightly hit his neck.

"Thank you Jaan!" he said making her stand properly.

One by one his friends also wished him. Riya forwarded him the knife and the cake was cut. Everyone clapped cheerfully wishing him once again.

Finally the party was over after some more dancing and fun. Everyone retarded to their rooms exhausted.

When Preeti entered their room Akhil closed the door behind him and pulled her towards him.
"Where's my present?" he whispered huskily from behind.

"Umm... On its way!" she giggled.
He turned her around and cupped her face. "My special present?" he said eyeing her lips.

Preeti's face turned red at his actions. He slowly inched closer and softly placed his lips over hers. Preeti's arms locked behind his neck in reflex.

Breaking their kiss, they joined their foreheads while Akhil's hands still cupped her face.

"You know, having you with me on this day feels so special Pree! This is my first birthday with you and I wish that I have many more firsts with you! " he said with sincerity and kissed her forehead.

"And I wish to experience all my lasts with you." she said while closing her eyes in anticipation. Toe tipping she kissed his forehead too.

After sharing their sweet moment, they changed and made their way to the bed and drifted off to sleep cuddling in each others arms.

**********

Hello readers!!
As promised here's the next update!

I had a little relaxation in my schedule so decided why not treat you all with an update.

It's the #MEESH Wedding 🤩!!!

Also it's Akhil's birthdayyyy🥳!!!

Do you think Preeti might have a surprise for him🤔?

Will Nikhil be an obstacle for Neharika and Ashish?
Will Preeti be able to keep him away from Riki?

I hope the chapter was worth the wait 😀.

Lot's happening in next chapter!!

Another long wait before the next chapter rolls out.
Bye bye!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 11.6K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
237K 8.4K 37
Ekansh Malhotra-a 28 year old arrogant, rude, businessman, CEO of Malhotra Industries.By hard work achieve success at a very young age.people address...
278K 23.9K 62
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...