The Olive Theory - Mattheo Ri...

By itsurbestieee

"Tell me we weren't just friends." My voice was steady but on the inside I was breaking with every second of... More

Cast and Story Information
Chapter 1: Olive Eileen Crayer
Chapter 2: Mattheo Thomas Riddle
Chapter 4: Dark Visions
Chapter 5: Fate and Faith
Chapter 6: Building Trust
Chapter 7: Pearl Dust and Rose Thorns
Chapter 8: Duty over Happiness
Chapter 9: Deathly Past

Chapter 3: Draco Lucius Malfoy

76 2 3
By itsurbestieee

«Draco»

The grin on my face vanished when I saw the dark silhouette in front of me, as I left Mattheo's room. In an instant I knew who it was. The smell of old parchment paper and leather crawled up my nose and goosebumps covered my body.

"You know Draco, in some way, we all kind of resemble our fathers." Voldemort said while looking down into the entrance hall. Taking his time and dragging out the words.

"Some more than others." Voldemort added before turning his head to look at me with his cold hands resting on the railing of the stairs.

My whole body stiffened and I could do nothing but standing in the cold hallway.

"My son for example: he's ambitious. Just like me." His voice calmer than I've ever known it. "And you..." he paused for a second.

"You're a coward." he took a few steps towards me so I could see right into his cold eyes.

"Just like your father." he added while moving his face closer to mine. I didn't move. I simply couldn't. Not even if I wanted to. The smell of old parchment paper was now so intense that I was about to vomit.

"Crucio!" Voldemort yelled with his wand pointed towards me.

The next thing I felt was a stinging pain coursing through my whole body. I collapsed onto the ground, screams exiting my mouth.

"Don't you ever dare talking to my son like that again!" I could feel his gaze on my back, but I wasn't able to lift my head.

The silent Manor was now filled with my screams. I could hear them echo through every just so tiny hallway.

Even after he left, I could still feel the pain wavering trough my body. My hands were numb and the cold was creeping up my feet.

I knew that he didn't do this because I was mean to Mattheo, but because I talked badly about him. The dark lord.

"Draco!" A soft hand patted my back and tried to lift my face.

"Let's go home, your father already left." My mother said while helping me up. Her hands warm on my back and shoulder.

When we arrived at the Malfoy Manor it was pitch black outside. I went straight to my room, since I wasn't interested in crossing paths with my father. After today that was the worst thing that could happen to me. Even worse than what I just went through.

As soon as I closed the door to my room, I went into the bathroom. My head was still hurting from the cruciatos curse. I rolled up my sleeves and splashed cold water into my face.

I was leaning onto the sink and looked at myself in the mirror. Bloodshot eyes were looking back at me, deep dark circles underneath them. My eyes traced down my pale white arms and stopped at the sight of the dark mark on my left forearm.

I always admired my father for everything he did. He was my role model and I did everything to make him proud. Becoming a death eater was one of these things. But I was rarely enough.

I became a death eater to show him that I was strong, just like him. But since I started to attend the death eater meetings, I realised that he was scared of the dark Lord as well.

Just a pawn in his game.

A memory from about a year ago popped into my mind and my surroundings became blurry.

📢 TW!

"I won't disappoint you again my lord." I heard my father say, as I walked past his study. My head was indistinctly moving closer to the door.

"You better don't Lucius! You know what will happen if you do." the dark Lord answered before I heard him disapparate. Then my father opened the door and I quickly stepped a few steps back.

"Draco." he said stunned, brushing his blonde hair out of the way.

"What does he mean? 'You know what will happen?'" I quoted the said.

"Nothing you have to worry about." he brushed past me.

"Father, you can tell me." I ran after him, trying to find out what the dark Lord meant.

"ENOUGH DRACO!" he yelled while grabbing my arm, throwing me against the cold wall.

"Don't you understand?!" he said madly with his hand on my throat. I was looking at the man in front of me, questioning who really stood there in front of me.

"Lucius." my mother walked up to us and led him away. Panic across her eyes.

The older I got, the more I lost all the respect I had for him. My mother had no chance against him and we both knew it. She tried her best to protect me, but I knew she would never leave him.

My vision got clearer and I saw my reflection in the mirror again. I covered the dark mark with my sleeve and went back to my bedroom, pulling out everything I needed for Hogwarts. With Mattheo at Hogwarts now, life won't get easier.

When I first met Mattheo, we even got along and were friends for quite some time. I was about six years old and I can still remember the day I visited the Riddle Manor, as if it was yesterday:

„And don't you dare to do anything stupid Draco! This is your future." my father said as we walked towards the Riddle Manor. It was December and I had no Idea what my future looked like or how a nose less guy, not to mention his son, was supposed to be in it.

As we walked into the grand entry way, I was speechless. The manor was enormous and a sparkling chandelier was hanging from the ceiling. It's crystals breaking the light, which was flooding in through the big windows.

We entered one of the first rooms next to the entry way. The dark Lord and his son were already sitting in two armchairs next to a big window. I could see the white snow outside and I wished on nothing more, but to go outside again.

"The Malfoys." the dark Lord said and my father pushed me towards him. His voice send shivers trough my body.

I rarely saw him at the Malfoy Manor, but I knew that he was there quite a lot. His voice was often beaming through the halls, making it impossible to sleep. I also knew that my father paid him all of his respect, so I did the same. Even though I was afraid of him.

„Draco, meet Mattheo. My son." the dark Lord said, gesturing to the boy in front of me.

I looked over at my father and he nodded reassuringly. "I'm Draco." I said to the brown haired boy after I walked over to him.

"I'm Mattheo" he answered and shook my hand while looking at me closely with his brown eyes.

I thought of my father and his words in front of the manor. "It's nice to meet you." I added and took another glance at my father.

A hand patted my shoulder „I see you taught the youngest Malfoy some manners, Lucius."

Suddenly he door behind us opened and Severus entered the room, looking rather tense.

"Severus." the dark Lord looked at the man, who just entered.

"Pardon." His eyes were searching for the ones of my mother.

"Narcissa, do you think my niece Olive could stay with Draco until the meetings done?" he wasn't even paying attention to the dark Lord. Unsure of what to do my mother shot a glance at the dark Lord.

"Her parents are in the middle of splitting up, so she has been staying with me for the past couple of weeks. But she can't be with me during the meeting." he explained to the dark Lord.

"That would be alright." he answered, rising from his seat and walking towards Severus.

My mother send Severus a reassuring smile. Severus wasn't just good friends with my parents but also my godfather.

Behind Severus a girl emerged. Her hair was tied up in two little buns on each side of her head and she smiled shyly.

Mattheo and I looked at each other and I walked towards the girl. She was a lot smaller than me and Mattheo. Her eyes were taking in the room and the two new boys in front of her.

"I'm Draco." I said while putting forth my hand.

"I'm Olive." the girl answered and shook my hand. Severus had already left the room with the dark Lord, and my father, since the death eater meeting was about to start.

Mattheo pushed me aside, putting on a charming smile.

"And I'm Mattheo." he shook her hand and the girl smiled.

"Do you want to meet my mother?" Mattheo asked the two of us and we nodded.

"Severus insisted that Olive would stay here with me until the meeting is done." my mother interfered and the little girl looked disappointed. Mattheo shrugged his shoulders and I followed him out into the hallway.

Severus has always been extremely protective over his niece and my mother knew he was serious about keeping her safe.

Mattheo and I walked up the wooden stairs and my eyes were glued onto the many paintings on the wall. We walked down the hallway, all the way to the last door.

Mattheo knocked and opened it after a few seconds of silence. The room had a beautiful old window on the left. A king size bed was taking in a lot of space, it's sheets looking like a cloud.

A woman, which I assumed was the mother of Mattheo, sat at a vanity on the right.

„Oh, hi Annie." Mattheo said and walked over to the woman.

„Mattheo, aren't you supposed to be with your father?" she eyed the boy somehow tense, not even noticing me.

„I'm showing him around." Mattheo pointed over at me and the woman nodded.

„I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." I said politely, just how my mother taught me.

„I'm Annie, a friend of Mattheo's mother." The woman said with a slight smile, looking back at Mattheo.

It was only then, that I noticed that they didn't look alike at all. Annie had dark long hair which were flowing over her shoulders and blue eyes with a light grey shimmer. Mattheo on the other hand had brown hair with light curls and dark brown eyes.

The door next to me opened and another woman walked into the room.

„Honey, aren't you supposed to be with your father?" the woman questioned and Mattheo rushed over to her. "Mommy" he hugged her.

Her long brown hair, were wrapping itself around the boy when she accepted the hug.

"I'm showing Draco around and I wanted him to meet you." Mattheo explained and her warm brown eyes moved through the room until they landed on me.

"It's really nice to meet you. I'm Mariella." she said with a big smile, trying to keep down a cough.

Mariella Riddle.

„Why don't you show Draco the rest of the house?" she suggested with a weak smile, coughing one more time.

Mattheo nodded and led me out of the room, into the hallway.

„What's wrong with her?" I asked Mattheo just a second after her closed the door behind us.

„She's ill. When I'm around she tries to hide it, but I've seen her when she thought I was already asleep."

„Oh." was the only thing I could say.

We returned to my mother and Olive, who were reading a book together. It was the first and one of the last times I saw Olive. Severus only brought her over a few more times until the divorce of her parents went through. My mother told me that he didn't exactly want her around that many death eaters all the time.

My thoughts snapped back to reality and I pulled out my suitcase from underneath the bed.

Even though a few years later Olive and I started attending Hogwarts together, we never talked. I focused on other people, like my father suggested and eventually I never thought of her again.

Until tonight.

◅▫▻

A/N: What are we thinking? I love to include throwbacks and I hope it's not too confusing. Thank you for reading this story! xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 290 34
''Draco held my hand. I let him, thinking it would give my mind some ease. It did. His warmth, his touch; they would always blind my worries.'' || Ma...
261K 4.2K 64
The character mattheo riddle doesn't belong to me. All creds go to @yasmineamaro *TW* contains: abuse, depression, blood, knives, rape, sh, ed, suici...
53.5K 737 21
16+ You can expect drama, jealous, love, and a lot of sex No one will get pregnant I this story :) Enjoy Bye There are trigger warnings in the sto...
297K 5.8K 52
1/2 "𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒐 π’šπ’π’– π’ƒπ’†π’π’π’π’ˆ 𝒕𝒐𝒐" 𝑫𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 π’‚π’”π’Œπ’†π’… π’„π’‰π’π’Œπ’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’•π’π’š "𝑰 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ 𝒉𝒆 π’‚π’”π’Œπ’†π’… π’šπ’π’– 𝒂 𝒒𝒖...