His True Mate - Twilight {E.C...

By luna8406

In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he... More

Authors Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Wedding Things
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - The Last One
Thank you!

Chapter 32

547 23 1
By luna8406

^^^ angry Hope ._.
I'm already over summer and it's only been like a week.

Hope:

"No, no, no." My thoughts ran wild as multiple emotions swirled through me. I knew being a hybrid allowed me to do a lot of things but to see ghosts isn't one of them.

"Hope."

"Get out of my head," I shouted in frustration. I closed my eyes tightly, and opened them again to notice nothing had changed. A hand rested on my arm and I just stood there, watching in disbelief as my dead best friend stood before me.
This felt unreal, and damn near impossible. I grew dizzy and overwhelmed and Edward's arm wrapped around my waist for support.

"Hope just listen," he pleaded.

"No! I watched you die. I laid you to rest. I held your lifeless body in my own arms and felt your spirit slip away."

"But I'm alive, I didn't die, I'm still here." His hands grabbed mine, and I gasped as I actually felt it. I could touch him, and it was the most frightening thing of all.
I threw my arms around Xavier, still in disbelief that he's actually here. Even if I was hallucinating or if it was a dream, he's still here. It would be easy to blame it all on the pregnancy hormones but when I had that nightmare of watching him die all over again, it began to make sense and still made no sense.

"Why? How?" So many questions rang threw my head and my dizziness grew the more I tried to wrap my head around the fact that Xavier stood before me.
"Do you see him?" I asked Bella, Edward, and Jacob, who had shifted back, gotten dressed, and came back to our side, desperately. They each nodded. I wasn't dreaming.

"I told you, I'm real."

Edward:

I felt nearly as shocked as Hope did, but that was due to us being mates. I never knew Xavier personally so I couldn't at all relate to how she's feeling when staring into the eyes of someone she believed was dead. It was almost like how she looked at Jasper when she thought he was dead, it's just taking her way longer to react.
I allowed her her space, and tried not to make her feel surrounded or suffocated. I stood aside next to Jacob and Bella.

"So this is Xavier? But wasn't he supposed to be dead?" Bella asked.

"Yes, he was."
Hope's skin was unusually pale and her breathing was slower. She dropped and I sped over to catch her. I picked her up and her body fell limp. I carried her back to the house and Jacob opened the door for me to walk through.

"Get a soaked rag!" I called out as we climbed the first set of stairs. I got to the living room and laid her down on the couch.

"Who's that?" Rose asked.

"Now isn't the time. Did Renesmee make it back?" Bella asked concerned.

"Mom, dad!" Renesmee came down the stairs, running towards me and Bella. We hugged her tightly, and then she joined Jacob's side.
I sat down next to Hope and moved her hair out of her face so Carlisle could put a cold washcloth on her forehead.

"She's burning up, I need to check her blood pressure."

"Can it affect the baby?" Rose asked.

"What baby?" Renesmee then questioned.

"Honey, Hope has been pregnant for almost a month now," Bella informed her. "We'll talk about it later."

"Yes, it can," Carlisle responded to Rosalie's question. He left and quickly returned with a sphygmomanometer that attached to the cuff. He wrapped it around her arm and we waited a few moments for the meter to beep.
"Her blood pressure is reading one hundred thirty-five, higher than it's supposed to be but it's not high enough to be a severe health risk. Keep her laid down flat so it can decrease."

"Can it increase?" I ask.

"No. Shock makes the body produce hormones that only temporarily increases blood pressure." A large weight left my chest as I felt a sense of relief.

"So she'll be okay?" Bella asked.

"Yes, she'll be okay."

"Thank goodness," Esme sighed.

A couple hours later we heard a groan. We looked at Hope and her eyes opened. She tried to sit up, but Carlisle stopped her.
"You need to stay down for a bit."

Hope:

My head pounded. It was like a loud high school band at a crowded pep rally.

"What do you remember?" Carlisle asked me. It was hard to hear his voice amongst the noise in my head.

"Um, being in the woods with Jake, Bella, and Edward. We heard something and made Renesmee go back. We followed it and then Xavier-"
My eyes looked past Carlisle and my vision slowly cleared. Then there he stood, yet again, I was proven his death was a lie and that Xavier was alive.
"Why? Why did you lie to me?" I asked as my voice cracked. My throat was dry and hurt a little bit but I needed answers. Carlisle brought me a bag of blood to help strengthen me and the baby, whose heartbeat he could still hear thankfully.

"I'm sorry Hope, I really am. I went through all of Europe asking about you, and when I got the news you were in Volterra with the Volturi, I gave up. Hope I thought they would kill you, I'm so glad to see they didn't."

"I had nothing to be afraid of, Aro treated me kindly," I said shortly. I felt many emotions when I saw Xavier in the woods, but now all I felt was anger, like I did with Jasper, only this anger didn't fade away as quickly as it came.

"So how did you end up here on the Cullens' land?" Jake asked.

"I was hunting with a few nomad vampires. They're from Seattle, and they said they knew good places to hunt. I'm new to America, and I kind of just went with them. They led me out here to Forks. I had no idea a coven stayed here. I've been on my own most of my life. French wolves killed the couple that took me in when I was turned, so I shut myself off from the French coven and resided in France alone."

"Can we go back to the part where you survived the death that I witnessed?" I asked with a little bit of sass and anger and an eye roll.

"I don't know how I lived, but I did."

"So I watch you die, then you miraculously live and to top it off you just so happen to cross on the territory that my family controls?"

"Your family?" He questioned.

"You have a lot to catch up on."

********

After a while I calmed down and was able to actually sit down and talk to Xavier. It was a hard-to-believe story but I do believe him. We sat in mine and Edward's bedroom, and I caught him up on my life.
My marriage, how Edward and I met, the confrontation with the Volturi and their verdict, my ten years spent with the Guard and the Volturi kings, how I met Edward again, how we convinced the kings to let me go home, my pregnancy, and my rise to alpha to my home pack.

"Well you've had a crazy ride since you met these Cullens," he chuckled.

"Yes I have."

"So vampires can get humans pregnant and then turn them into vampires and reproduce a half human/half vampire hybrid?"

"Yep, but don't go experimenting. No vampires besides those of the Volturi and us know that hybrids can even be created. We still don't know how those vampires were able to turn me, but no vampire has been able to do the same thing to another human. And vampires don't sleep with humans either to even discover that humans can conceive hybrid children," I responded.

"And because you're still a shapeshifter, you can get pregnant by vampires?"

"Apparently," I shrugged.

"Why aren't you about to pop like Bella was after almost a month?" Xavier asked.

"Don't know, Carlisle says I'll have a human-like pregnancy."
My phone began to ring, I answered and held the phone up to my ear.
"Samuel?"

"Hope, we have a problem."

I turned to Xavier, "Give me a minute." I left the room and went downstairs and out to the front porch. It's pitch black beyond the woods, the only source of light being a sky full of stars and a bright full moon.
"What's going on Sam?"

"A few wolves are beginning to challenge both you and I's authority. We locked a few up in the basement, they threw a rock through Dakota's bedroom window. We think more are planning attacks like these. What do you want me to do?"

"Stay quiet. Don't alarm any other wolves, that'll set off an attack faster and end up with more lives lost. Let Dakota sleep in one of the rooms that used to belong to my siblings and don't tell anyone, we don't know who we can trust right now. I'm still eligible to fly, I'll be there tomorrow night."
I hung up the phone and went back into my bedroom. It's a ten hour long flight to Paris meaning I need to leave before dawn.

"Where are you going?" Xavier asked.

"I have to get back to Paris. Call the Seattle airport and ask for Mr. Deck, he's a vampire flight attendant. Schedule me a flight as soon as you can."
He nodded and left the room. Edward walked in and looked at me in confusion.

"What are you doing?"

"Trouble in Paris that needs my attention. You're welcome to come with," I suggested.

"Are you sure you should be flying across the world? What if something happens? Carlisle won't be there."

"Edward, of course I'm worried, but you have to remember that I have obligations and responsibilities. There are things that even Samuel can't deal with that requires my help," I sighed, "Don't let us argue about this please, my mind is already made up."
I finished packing within an hour and I was happy to know Edward decided to come with me. Xavier scheduled me a flight that leaves at five, so Edward and I headed towards the airport and we were able to get there on time. The flight was long so I napped through some of it since I hadn't slept all night.
I felt anxious because I don't exactly know how I'm going to point out wolves that need to be chained up in my basement. Not to mention the families that will grow angry and possibly start protests. There's really no peaceful way of solving this, until I find one.

So Xavier is alive. @Musicluvs1226 guessed it, I know it wasn't hard since I put in the flashback of his death.
Also, warning, someone will die in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.1K 12
Olivia Deven Swan. Bella Swans older twin sister. She's completely oblivious to the supernatural world around her, though she never liked her siste...
10.2K 190 8
Elina Swan, she used to be happy, fun, giggly, popular, and utterly beautiful. But 2 years ago, it all changed. She turned into a girl who is broken...
670K 19K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
229K 3.9K 29
Tia Swan younger sister of Bella Swan. They have the same mum but different dad. She has been living with her Charlie. When she was younger she used...