Free (Kazuha ff)

By akiyama_20

"Why can't you let me do the things I want?! I have my own freedom, like a bird who flies around the world!" ... More

Read First
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
End

22

2.5K 142 88
By akiyama_20

Your P.O.V.

Before these letters could even sink in, I heard footsteps coming in this direction. I quickly went back to my senses and grabbed a few more of the notes and hid them inside my pocket.

"Y/n, time to eat." just as the door opened, I closed the drawer and stood up to face Kazuha.

"Oh, sure." I put up a smile and slightly nodded my head.

I walked towards her as she reached out her hand, which I took undoubtedly. After arriving at their dining room and seeing all the meals they prepared, I wonder how we're going to eat all this. Or maybe we're not supposed to.

"I know some of these are your favorites." Kazuha whispered.

I have to admit, now that I ate here I understand why I loved having Kazuha over at my house. All the food she brought were as delicious as the ones prepared in front of us.

But no matter how delightful these meals tasted, I can't seem to pry my mind off of those letters in her drawers. And the more that I think about it, the more that it didn't make sense.

I mean, I received those notes when she was not even here at the country. Not unless she wrote them before leaving and hired another one of her men to leave them on my locker. Or maybe she asked another student to--

Oh my God.

What if she asked someone else from the school to leave them on my--

"Are you okay? Does it taste bad?" I was interrupted from my thoughts when Kazuha nudged me.

"Huh? Of courshe not! It tashtesh good." I answered.

"You've been spacing off and not chewing the food in your mouth. Is there something?" she questioned.

I quickly continued chewing and nodded my head. I figured that she was getting suspicious of my actions again, so I tried to think of a topic.

"So, uh, it's been a long time but I just remembered. We haven't exactly talked about your mini vacation at Netherlands." I brought up.

It's not like we weren't spending much time, in fact she always stays by my side whenever she can. That topic just quickly fades away or gets disturbed by something or someone.

"Oh, right. Well, there's not much anyways. It didn't even feel like a vacation." she claimed.

"Really? Was it all business or some kind of formal meetings?" I asked.

"Kinda. Getting forced to meet a jerk does not even help--"

"Hold up, meet who?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

I immediately knew that she had a slip of a tongue when she gulped hardly and stopped moving.

"Oh. My. God. Kazuha, you didn't tell me you were seeing someone." I smiled and moved a little closer to try and get more information.

"I wasn't. It was just for business." she stated.

"Yeah, like that one time you said you were having lunch with someone." I grinned.

"That wasn't even a thing. Forget it." she muttered.

"Come on, you can tell me. What if he's like, a super famous person or--"

"Stop talking about him." I was cut off when she snapped her head towards me and deepened her voice.

The smile on my face faded away in a second, turning my head to the table and drinking water to dissolve the awkwardness.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"No, sorry. I shouldn't have let it get to my nerves, you were just eager to know." she sighed.

Silence surrounded us as we finished the remaining food in our plates. It seemed to have left my mind for a bit, but her letters bugged my mind again.

"Y/n, trust me. I'm not seeing anyone and that person I had lunch with was just someone important for business." I was a bit taken aback when she faced me completely and tried to add more justification.

"Okay, okay. You don't have to prove it." I replied with a sarcastic laugh.

"I only have my eyes on one person and no one else." she then placed her hand on top of mine.

Things were too quick when she suddenly leaned closer and pressed a peck on my cheek.

Well, good thing we were alone in here.

"Kazuha, what if someone saw?" I pulled away and looked around, making sure no one was really here.

"That's good then. They'll know you're mine." she smiled.

I froze as I heard those words come out of her mouth. They were very similar with the ones I read from those notes in my locker.

"So, uhm, I know it sounds sudden. But it's getting late. Do you want to spend the night here?" she asked.

I quickly shook my head and gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's okay. Besides, no one's going to stay at the house but me. I have to get home." I told her.

"Let me give you a ride then." she offered.

As soon as I arrived home, I quickly went up to my room and brought out the letters that I kept in my pocket. I laid it all out in my study table and tried to analyze.

First of all, although Kazuha most likely wrote this because it's literally in her drawer, this does not look like her handwriting. I've seen her notebooks, her assignments, and it does not look anything like this.

Second, the way most of the notes had "love" in it. No one calls me that... Except for that one time Kazuha surprisingly appeared behind me when I thought she was still out of the country.

Well now, most evidences lead to Kazuha being the one sending me these letters. But how, or who exactly sends these to me through my locker? She can't be the one to do that because she literally can't... Physically.

I can't solve this on my own. My brain has no enough cells to process this. I want to ask for someone's help but I can't tell this to Garam and Eunchae.

Then at that moment, I just realized someone. Someone who knows Kazuha, but won't tell her about everything that I'm dealing with.

I grabbed my phone and sent her a text, asking if I could go to her place tomorrow for something important. Then just before I could fall asleep, I received a reply from her giving a thumbs up.

Let's just hope Kazuha won't find out that a few of her letters are gone from her drawer.

The next day, as soon as I finished eating lunch I hurrriedly prepared and went out to go to their house.

"Y/n, come in." she ushered me in.

"Thanks, Yujin. I hope I'm not disturbing you or your family." I said.

"Nah, it's all good. Let's just stay at my room." she replied before leading me upstairs.

"So, what is it you want help with?" she asked before sitting down her bed.

I took a deep breath and pulled all the notes that I received from my bag.

"Actually, I haven't told this to anyone other than two of my friends. But I've been receiving letters from someone for a long time." I stated.

She quietly gasped as I nodded my head and placed the papers on her table. She then stood up and stared at them in disbelief.

"Impossible. You really received all these?" Yujin snorted.

"Is that an insult?" I scoffed.

"It was a joke." she laughed and playfully slapped my arm.

"Anyway, no I did not receive all that. I just stole some of it from Kazuha's drawer." I shrugged while Yujin read them.

"So, you're saying these are all from Kazuha?" she asked.

"Well, that's what I came here for. I can't completely figure it out. There's a huge chance that it's from her, but it's not even her handwriting. And how exactly did she send these when she was at the Netherlands back then?" I stated.

For a while, Yujin just continued reading them while I watched her.

"You're the only one I know that can help. You know Kazuha, and I know I can trust you to not talk to her--"

"So you're sure that these are from her, right? Like, she's the very source of these letters." she asked, then I nodded.

"Then by now, you know why she sent all these." she then looked at me.

"Uh, yeah. She confessed already that she likes me." I replied.

"Not just that. I mean, you've read all those. You can definitely see how it is different from the typical love letters." Yujin chuckled.

"How? Those are just weird letters--" I cut myself off after realizing another thing.

"Y/n, 'weird' is not the right word." I looked at Yujin as I tried to ask for confirmation.

"By now I think it's pretty obvious. She's getting possessive over you, Y/n." she added.

I blinked my eyes repeatedly and just stared at the ground.

"Are you seriously that oblivious? I thought you already knew that back when we--"

"I thought she was just being protective, or maybe a little too controlling." I said.

"You know, this happened before as well. Remember the story I told you?" she asked.

"Yeah. You two liked the same person so you had to be the one to let go." I answered.

"Well, there's some things I didn't tell you." she sighed.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion while she sat down at the table. What else is there to know?

"I didn't just leave because I let that girl go and give way for my friend. It was because... Kazuha was getting too possessive over the girl, and we literally had a fight." she explained.

Oh.

"I was threatened. Kazuha threatened to do something to me if I didn't let go. So I just left." she added.

What the hell?

"Are you serious? This is a joke, right?" I asked.

"I wish I was joking." she said.

At that moment, realization hit me like a truck. Not how Kazuha really was, but how I was so blind and dismissive of her actions. I was blinded by the fact that we were friends and that she did unreasonable things because she had feelings for me.

"Well, as for these letters, I may have an answer to one of your questions. And a possibility to your other question." she claimed.

"What is it?" I asked, anticipating for her answer.

"I know whose handwriting this is. And it's possible that Kazuha sent these through that person." she muttered.

If she knows who the person is, then...

"She's from some of my other classes. I think she's friends with Kazuha with another girl because I see them together a lot." she stated.

I felt my heart beat faster as I thought of the two people Kazuha introduced to me. It could only be them.

"Is it Garam or Eunchae?" I asked her, my voice getting strained due to nervousness and fear that the three of them were in this all along.

Yujin deeply exhaled before turning away, looking hesitant whether to say it or not.

"It's Garam."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 813 51
" 𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐠" " 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞" ➤𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚�...
12.7K 577 12
"Chaewon.. What are you doing?" "Can't I show you how much I appreciate you?" G!P Chaewon
4.8K 183 14
⚠️UNDER A LOT OF EDITING⚠️ Kim Chaewon lives by three rules, and a significant lesson from her parents, never get too close to anyone. She loves her...
15.2K 920 19
"Ugh, Why do I always have to be stuck with you.." "Oh cmon don't act like you're not impressed when i show you how strong I am, princess." "Stop cal...