WORK OF ART ║♛VEEMARK♛║

By miss_aailurophileee

A VeeMark FF. Published: 10/06/22 More

♛»WORK OF ART (INTRO)«♛
⛧»PART ONE«⛧
✩»PART TWO«✩
✮»PART THREE«✮
✫»PART FOUR«✫
✭»PART FIVE«✭
✧»PART SIX«✧
✦»PART SEVEN«✦
⍟»PART NINE«⍟
✪»PART TEN«✪
♛»WORK OF ART (END)«♛

⋆»PART EIGHT«⋆

457 31 0
By miss_aailurophileee

"I-I want you back."

Mark breathe out a sigh of relief. He'd been holding back since the moment he saw Vee again, now, he finally gave up and took the risk.

Vee, on the other hand, was stoned on his place. With widened eyes he asked, "W-what?"

Mark stared at him confusedly.

What does he mean by that question?

"W-what made you think it's that easy?" Vee finally found his voice after a long silence.

Mark blinked a few times. He internally cursed after realizing what they other meant.

'Right. Of course it's not that simple, you dumbass!' he scolded himself.

"E-err. . ." he scratched his nape out of embarrassment.

Right.

Just because I finally found the courage to tell him that, doesn't mean he's gonna welcome me back on his life.

Why am I so stupid?

"Did you really think I'm that easy?"

"No. It's just that. . ."

"Why did say you want me back? Aren't you happy with your decision that's why you're trying to get me back?"

"No!" he said, quickly shaking his head. "It's not like that. . ."

"You want me back now? What about your dreams, huh? Am I not gonna be a distraction to you?"

"No! You were never a distraction!"

Vee scoffed, "Then why did you break up with me? You made it look like as if I'm only gonna be a burden that will distract you from achieving your dreams."

Mark tried to hold him but he refused and stepped back. He bit his lip before speaking, "I-it's not like that. It's just that. . .I feel like it's the best for us, for you."

"It's gonna be unfair for you if we continue being in a relationship while I'm focused on reaching my dreams," he added, almost a whisper.

"And you think breaking up with me on my birthday just because you think it's for the best isn't unfair?"

"...."

"Plus, you know me. I never demanded for your time. I'm fine, as long as you love me the same way. Time's not a problem with me, you know that."

Mark avoided his gaze and looked down as he couldn't afford to see Vee's pained expression right now.

"I. ." Vee blew out a breath to control his emotions. "I don't wanna let you go that time. B-but I want you to be happy. I want you to achieve your dreams. I want you to be happy even. . . w-without me,"  his voice cracked, tears forming on his eyes. "I a-agreed to break it off not because I agree with you but because I can't do anything about it anymore. You already made a decision that time. And I k-know. . I wasn't part of it."

Vee swallowed a sob on his throat.

"T-then. . .please give me a chance." Mark pleaded as he slowly raised his head. He knew he sounded so shameless and selfish but he doesn't care. He just wanna be with this guy again.

"A c-chance to what? To b-break my heart?" his chest tightened at the thought.

Mark gently shake his head as he held back his tears, "T-to prove myself worthy of you, of your love."

"P-please give me a chance. I'll try to be the b-best boyfriend for you. I-I promise not to disappoint you."

Here we go again with promises.

"You promised?" Vee let out a sarcastic laugh. "You also promised me that you wouldn't leave me, almost six years ago. But three years after you said that, you did."

"Didn't know promises have expiration dates," he added bitterly. "You should've warned me about that so that I get to prepare myself."

Fvck, Mark Masa.

You're hurting him again!

Ugh! Why are you so evil?

Mark tried to catch Vee's gaze but the other kept on avoiding his.

"Vee. . ." he called out after a long silence, but the other just ignored him.

"Vee. . ." he tried again, but still no response from the other.

He inhaled and exhaled deeply. He stared straight in Vee's eyes before he muttered,

"I love you."

He tried to show a blank expression despite being nervous before he speak up, "D-do you..d-do you think that can solve eve——

"I love you."

"C-can you ple——

"I love you! I love you! I love you!"

"...."

"D-don't love you me too?"

"...."

"Don't you w-want me back?"

"...."

"C-can you please give me a second chance to redeem myself? I p-promise to make it up to you. J-just give me a chance."

". . ."

Mark's tears streamed down his face as he received no answer from Vee, who's now stoned on his spot. He almost punched himself.

Right. Why would he welcome me back on his life?

I shouldn't have come back.

I shouldn't have done this and disturb his life.

I shouldn't have let my emotions control me and make me someone shameless.

I shouldn't have let the people around me affect me.

I should've stayed out——

His train of thoughts was interrupted with a warm fingers that had contact on his wet face. He looked up and met Vee's face.

"Who told you to cry like that in front of me?"

Mark stiffened, but when he regained his composure, he reached up and wipe the tears on Vee's face, just like what Vee did to his.

"I should be rejoicing now for holding unto my promise not to let you enter my life again," he plastered a sad smile before he slowly pulled Mark for a hug. "B-but seeing you cry made me forgot everything. I had the sudden urge to hug you like this and comfort you just like what I usually do."

Mark cried harder, head rested on Vee's shoulder.

'How can I be deserving of you?' Mark asked himself, still feeling the other's warmth.

'Nuea's gonna scold me for this,' Vee thought as he tightened his hold on Mark.

They stayed on that position, even after they finally calmed down.

It wouldn't hurt to try, right?

"I-if I give you a chance, y-you won't hurt me, right?"

He felt a little nod from Mark.

"Y-you're not gonna leave me this time, right?"

Mark was about to open his mouth but Vee interrupted him.

"I-if you are planning to, tell me first, o-okay? So that I can p-prepa——

Mark broke free from his embrace and held Vee's chin to meet his reddened eyes.

"I-I'm not gonna repeat that stupid decision. I'm not letting you go this time."

Vee pursed his lips, "C-can I trust you t-this time?"

Mark smiled before he slowly tiptoed and peck on his lips.

Vee pouted after, "Make sure you're not gonna run away from this, Mr. Masa."

"I will fully take responsibility for this, Mr. Vivis."

"Just make sure or else," he threatened, trying to hide his happiness.

Happiness that he didn't know he'll get to feel again after years of feeling a bit unsatisfied with his life.

"You just gave me a chance. I wouldn't waste it."

This time, I will be the best guy for you.

+    •    +

"What an easy guy."

Vee, for the nth time, sighed.

After hearing what happened awhile ago between him and Mark, Nuea immediately give him an earful. He couldn't help but scold Vee for being so easy.

"Aren't you listening with me? I just told him I gave him a chance to redeem himself. I didn't say we can immediately go back to being boyfriends again," Vee argued, but obviously, it didn't convince his friend.

"I know you, Vivis. Sooner or maybe later, like literally later, you're gonna give in. I bet my whole love life, it wouldn't take you a month to yes to your oh-so precious Mark."

"Shut it, Nuea," was the only thing he could say because whether he admit it or not, his friend is right about him.

He's an easy guy.

But who wouldn't?

He said he'll make it up to him.

After years of separation, they met again and are both willing to give their love a second shot. People say, 'Love is sweeter the second time around,' and Vee's hoping that this time, they'll be happier than how they were back then.

"Stop smiling. It's disgusting."

"You're just bitter because you haven't found the one yet," Vee whispered while frowning, but of course, Nuea heard it.

He glared at him, "You can just say it straight. If you don't want to embarrass yourself in front of anyone, especially in front of your Mark, don't try to whisper. That's usually the reason why you're in trouble."

"And hey, for the record, I'm not bitter. I'm being real here. It's utterly disgusting to see someone smiling like that. It's as if any moment now, you're salivating," he added.

"Yeah, right. I'll just pretend I believe you," he smirked. "You haven't experienced being in love, that's why you're saying that. But trust me, you'll be like this once you found the one. Or maybe worst."

Nuea is a bit delighted to see his friend happy but this is too much for him. Vee's smiling like an idiot in front of him.

He then told himself.

Never.

I'm never gonna smile like that. He's like a dog who got a taste of his own rabies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 1.9K 47
•𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱• |𝗬𝗶𝗻𝗪𝗮𝗿'𝘀 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 Heir. That's the only reason why Yin's parents don't accept War even though they have been together...
68.7K 3.8K 52
•𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱• |𝗬𝗶𝗻𝗪𝗮𝗿'𝘀 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 YinWar. They are a famous imaginary couple in Thailand and also worldwide. Their first ever drama E...
114K 5.3K 43
we are living in a real world, with real people, along with real problems. Both War and Yin try to figure out how to get in love but still being real...
18K 1.4K 38
•On-Going• |YinWar's Story 📍Please read Stolen Sweetheart S1 to understand its storyline as this is its continuation. Their love shines in their hea...