King of Monsters

By whatever025

Cale's Record suddenly reminded him of his forgotten ability. And that leads him to go to the Forest of Darkn... More

Chapter 1

1K 62 10
By whatever025

There was a secret that Cale didn't tell anyone. Forgotten to tell anyone. He had an ability he got when his hyungs died protecting him. It suddenly manifested. As if answering the despair he felt.

As if to add to the despair he felt.

His ability, when activated, gave him a bipedal reptilian form. He didn't know what his form was, thus he called it Reptillionds Atractus. Though he thinks it's a monster form if he will base it on the monsters in his records.

(A/N: thanks for the suggestion, Renelle-san, Ava-chan and Eve-chan ( ◕◡◕)っ♡)

He only used it once, when he was testing the ability, before deciding not to use it anymore due to its large size. Besides, using said ability takes a lot of his energy.

And because said ability reminds him of them. His regrets on why he didn't have it in their fight. And maybe, just maybe they will still be alive.

And as the years went by, he eventually forgot about it.

He intentionally did. He buried it in the depths of his mind.

That is why when his record suddenly reminded him of this forgotten ability, he went to the end of the Forest of Darkness, which is near the Gorge of Death, to use it once more. Alone at that.

Well, everybody is busy, and he doesn't want to bother them. Instead, he left a note at his bedside table. Which of course caused chaos since they couldn't find him.

(A/N: Cale- *sighs*)

Cale is standing with trees surrounding him. He took a deep breath and activated his ability. His body started to elongate and grow bigger until his transformation ended. He then raised his head, which can be seen above the tall trees due to his new height.

"Hmmm, it's been a while."

Cale then started walking around. Monsters can't go near him since he activated his Dominating Aura.

"This will be fun."

Cale smiled.

***

Cale was casually walking when he saw a ginger-haired woman jump off a cliff. Moving immediately, Cale caught the woman using his Sound of the Wind. Lowering her gently on the ground, Cale removed his transformation. 

'It was a good thing I changed my hair color using the amulet Raon gave me before I left the villa,' he thought as he turned to the woman.

"What are you doing? There has to be a different solution than committing suicide!" Cale said as he looked for any injuries on her.

"Uh... but I'm not?"

Cale could feel his eyebrows twitch with her answer.

"Then, why did you jump???"

A hesitant answer replied to his question.

"Bungee jumping...?"

"...."

Cale was speechless.

It was only then that Cale was able to see her clothes. Indeed, she is wearing equipment for bungee jumping.

(A/N: Like this:> Don't ask how she has it. Just no.)

Seeing this made Cale embarrassed.

"...I see, I guess it was a misunderstanding. I'm sorry for ruining your fun."

'But seriously, who goes bungee jumping at the Gorge of Death??!?!'

"Ah haha, it's alright, get that all the time. The name's Sienna." The woman, Sienna, introduced herself while stretching her right arm forward.

'This one is not normal either.' He thought.

"...Bob." Cale said, accepting the handshake.

"Bob? Not quite fitting with that face of yours. The name ain't giving you justice!"

(A/N: No offense to those whose names are Bob✌)

Cale merely smiled in response.

"Anyway, I'll take my leave now. Once again, I apologize."

Cale bowed his head slightly which made Sienna a bit flustered.

"Nah, it's fine, it's fine. By the way, you should be careful going back inside the Forest of Darkness." She just said to change the topic.

"Hmm? How did you know I came there?" Cale asked with a wary look in his eyes.

"Well, you were quite large, ya know. Your steps aren't that quiet. I thought ya were a monster."

"Fair point."

"....But why didn't you run away? What if it really was a monster?" Cale asked while looking at her with a deadpan look on his face.

'Why are you even here?'

".....As I was saying, I heard stories from old folks. There was a myth about a guardian, and that the guardian has been in hibernation since the Ancient Times.

The guardian is feared and worshiped by both humans, monsters, and other species. He was so huge that you'll be able to see him even from afar. I don't know if it's true, but they said that he resides near the Forest of Darkness." Sienna continued, ignoring his last sentence.

'The audacity. Really, this one isn't normal.'

Cale combed a hand through his hair and signed before replying.

"....Really? Is it not just a myth?"

"Well, who knows? Better safe than sorry."

Sienna nonchalantly shrugged her shoulders. Cale felt exhausted, more so than his walk earlier.

"I see, I'll be careful then. You should be careful too, Miss Sienna."

"I'm careful though?"

Cale only stared at her with a deadpan look on his face, before continuing.

"...thanks for the information, I'll be leaving first then."

"All right! Bye~!"

Sienna waved at Cale cheerfully as he gave her a nod and turned around to leave.

He didn't see the mischievous smirk on her face.

***

Upon entering the forest, Cale transformed once more.

"I should return now. They'll be worried about me."

It was at that moment.

Cale felt something. 

He instinctively turned his head in the direction of the sound, and ran towards it.

He was headed towards the sea.

***

"Have you seen the young master, Eruhaben-nim? Miss Rosalyn?" Ron asked.

"Hmm, I haven't seen him all morning. Why not ask the little kid?" replied the ancient dragon.

"He said he also doesn't know." It was Choi Han who answered the question.

Currently, Eruhaben is in his lab with Rosalyn when Ron and Choi Han came in and asked them.

"Have you tried searching the whole villa? The young master may be lounging somewhere." 

Rosalyn asked.

"No, we have already tried that. We can't find him anywhere." Choi Han replied with a worried expression.

"Tsk. Unlucky bastard." The ancient dragon clicked his tongue and frowned.

"Hmmm, he didn't tell anyone or left something to tell his whereabouts?"

"There was a note on his bedside table. Here." Ron answered with his smile more benign than usual, and walked towards the pair to hand a piece of paper in his hold.

[Don't worry. I'll come back later. I just need to test something.

-Cale]

"That punk." 

Eruhaben can't help but sigh in frustration. He then told Ron, Choi Han and Rosalyn their next step.

"Choi Han, look at the west side of the forest,  I'll go east. Rosalyn, contact everyone. Ron, take care of the kids."

The three nodded their heads and all of them went off to do their tasks.

***

Rosalyn reached the video-communication room and started channeling her mana. After a while, it was connected and in it appeared-

-Good day, Miss Rosalyn. How can I help you?

A very handsome brown haired man. 

It is none other than the  current emperor of the Roan Empire, Emperor Alberu Crossman. He has revealed his heritage after the White War. Many have protested, especially the nobles, however with the Henituse Duchy defending the crown, the complaints have died down.

There are still some protests though they just keep it to themselves. They wouldn't want the wrath of the hero and the hero's family.

Said emperor currently has a frown on his handsome face.

-What did he do this time?

Seeing the emperor catching on quickly, Rosalyn greeted him briefly and started explaining their current predicament.

-So, dongsaeng wandered off alone?

"That seems to be so, Your Majesty."

-Sigh. Very well. I'll go there immedia-  Miss Rosalyn?

Alberu wasn't able to finish his words with the shocked look on Rosalyn's face.

"...what is this enormous mana..."

-Miss Rosalyn? Mana?

Rosalyn was snapped out of her daze at the confused voice of the emperor. She quickly composed herself and answered, "Your Majesty, enormous mana suddenly appeared in the eastern direction."

-Cale must be there then. Very well, I'll ask Aunt Tasha to contact the rest. I will go there immediately after.

Alberu made an assumption based on his experience with Cale. His lovable headache-inducing dongsaeng must be there. Rosalyn, having the same guess, nodded her head and agreed.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

A nod from Alberu and the call ended.

"Let's see... I should go to Choi Han then."

With that, she left the room.

*****
1686 words

Author's Corner:
Heya~ So how is it~?

Do I say handsome quite frequently on Alberu? 
Well it's true, so deal with it, ohohohoho

There was a post that gave me inspiration for this at the FB Group. This fic has been in my drafts for months now so I decided to just post it, fufu.

I recommend trying bungee jumping, if you're not afraid of heights and love the adrenaline. It's fun. Do be careful tho. Hehe. ( ' ˘ ')/♡

Anyway, kudos to Rania-nim for the idea💞

_______________________________________________________________________________

So, most voted for an OC! And I hereby present;

*drumroll*

Sienna and Serena!

_________________________________________

Sienna

Sienna is a 20(?) yr. old fox beastman working for ■■■■ together with her older twin Serena. Mischievous she may seem, she fulfills orders splendidly. 

Her human form.

Her Fox Form

___

Serena

Serena is a 20(?) yr. old fox beastman working for ■■■■ together with her younger twin Sienna. She is the calm one of the two, however, will do whatever it takes to fulfill orders.

Her Human Form

Her Fox Form

Pics are made with Picrew!

That is all~!

See you in the next chapter~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
274K 17.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
211K 4.4K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
230K 7.9K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...