Milestones and Visions

Oleh TraversingtheDark

A breakdown of both milestone celebrations on Wattpad and a place to see concept artwork and images that insp... Lebih Banyak

(Callisto) A message from Rain-Born and Jespar
50 followers Q&A!
Concept Art: Callisto
Q@A responses!
1K reads and 100 follows milestone!
Shoutout of the week #1: 'The King's Remorse'
Shoutout of the Week #2: Poetry: A Sound of Silent Verses
Shoutout of the week #3: Creature of Creation
Shoutout of the week #4: Edge of Everlasting Life
Shoutout of the week #5: The Lost Princess
Atrus says hello!
Shoutout of the week #6: Journey to the Kovu Territory
Shoutout of the week #7: 'King of Diamonds'
Final shoutout of the week: 'On Venus and Mars'
Callisto: Alternate Cover art
250 followers milestone: Wattblitz
Book of the month (August 2022) 'The Purple Eyed Girl'
Darklands collaborations prompt
The Darklands presents: Men, Woman, Beast, Tractor
Book of the month October 2022: Chronicles of Ilandri
Callisto: The end of a journey
Masters of Darkness #1: Ursula Le Guin and A Wizard of Earthsea
JESPAR (By Werewolf14)

Fan submission: 'The Pursuer'

53 7 14
Oleh TraversingtheDark

There's so many different ways we can tell a story. 

From books, audio-tracks, fully produced music, artwork, songs, debates, and even video games - every single one of these mediums tells a story in unique and interesting ways, with varied results based on the specific pros and cons associated with each. 

As writers I think it's important that we never limit ourselves to one medium alone. There's so many great ideas out there and your passion for storytelling can transcend just the written word. I'm a big proponent of combining media to see what kinds of effects this has on both the overall narrative and audience engagement.

So, I was delighted to receive this fan created track from The Garage Jump titled 'The Pursuer'. It's a chilling piece that perfectly captures the cold, defiant attitude of Callisto's main antagonist. As his presence is felt only in short (if brutal) snippets in the story, I'm thrilled to see someone has created something that really gets across this character's nature. I listen to this piece and feel the numb disregard for life inherent in all of The Pursuer's actions, and the determination to continue his relentless pursuit of Jespar that drives him more than anything else. Like a wolf chasing its wounded prey...

The Garage Jump is a music collective that specializes in sombre, funky, and always thought-provoking pieces. This single track is a testament to the artist's music, but doesn't get across just how effective their lyrics can be, too. Because of that, I'm making them my shoutout for this week (and my first non-novel shoutout, at that). Find The Garage Jump here on Wattpad, TheGarageJump, and head on over to their YouTube channel which I'll link below. 'Fed a False concept' is a particularly kickass tune. 

Massive thank you for this submission and all the best to the artist! Now, without further ado, have a listen to 'The Pursuer':

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

12K 3K 164
I'm Raneem this my journey and how it begins. Everyone has been through something but mine was the most difficult trip 😭💔😭 Love you all 😘🐝🌈 (...
3.9K 342 23
As the title says, a safe space for you and I to share anything related to writing. I'll share mine, you share yours. Let's help each other and grow...
92.2K 8.2K 198
This is where the community can share their own personal LGBTQIAP+ Milestones.
81K 6.1K 197
This is where the community can share their own personal LGBTQIAP+ Milestones.