How hard could it be? • LM...

By allisonslover1

• BOOK ONE • "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion s... More

Act I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Act II
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Act III
Helpline numbers
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Announcement!
Act IV
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
SEQUEL

Chapter 72

543 22 7
By allisonslover1

                        "You start to freeze,
                    as horror looks you right
                         between the eyes."

Jade was kneeling on the ground, muttering under her breath and healing Scott who was sat up and finally conscious. They were silently praying they wouldn't get ran over, considering they were sitting in the middle of the road. Not their smartest idea to date, but definitely not their dumbest.

Scott had been having dinner over at Kira's house as a thank you for saving her from the coyote the other day. The evening had actually been surprisingly fun, apart from the fact he choked on sushi, but that was a whole different issue. When he was getting on his motorcycle to go home, he'd been attacked by Barrow.

He'd been after Kira all along.

"I knew he was there. How did I know that?" Lydia asked desperately. Stiles and Max were beside her, after breaking the speed limit to get there as quickly as possible. The car ride over was silent, to say the least.

"Because you heard the flies, right?" Stiles queried. "What do you hear now?"

"Nothing. I feel like I can do this. But I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, and I don't know how to trigger it," she started to pace around the street, pulling her hair in frustration. God, why did she feel so useless? "I just... I swear to God, it literally makes me wanna scream."

"Okay, then scream. Scream, Lydia," Jade nodded confidently. It would make sense. The girl was a banshee, and what were banshees best known for? Wailing.

She screamed loudly as it rang throughout the air, lingering even after she'd stopped.

"Fuck, she's got a pair of lungs on her," Max raised a brow, a hand combing through his hair. He wondered if there was a competition for who could scream for the longest. Lydia would definitely win, and if there was money involved, sign her up. He'd be her agent, they could split the prize!

"It's not flies," Lydia laughed. It had worked. She turned around, her hair flipping Jade in the face. "It's electricity."

The group immediately looked up to the street lamps that were illuminating a yellowish glow. When Scott listened closely, he could understand why Lydia would think it was flies. It sounded like a buzzing that just kept getting louder and louder, a lot like an annoying bug that wouldn't stop buzzing in your ear.

"Wait a second. Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation," Stiles waved his hands around, trying to remember what the article he had been reading said.

Jade blocked out their conversation as she sat on the pavement, hidden in the shadows. Letting everyone on the street know that she was a witch wouldn't exactly be in her best interest. Waving her hand, a map and candle appeared in her lap. Maybe if she focused hard enough, she'd find his location. "Found him!" she yelled, waving the map around as she rushed back to the others.

                                     ~

Jade put her knees up to her chin, adjusting her position in the chair. Maybe she should give Noah the tip to get new ones, because these weren't comfortable for anyone here. But maybe that was the point, considering they were in the sheriffs office. They'd been waiting to be interviewed for the last hour and god was she bored.

They'd finally found Barrow, who had tried to kill Kira, but had thankfully failed. But something even stranger had happened; Kira had made the electrical wire explode and, basically consumed all of the energy from the lights in the room. Yeah, it had been crazy.

The thing Jade was most interested in was finding out what the girl was. There was no way a human could do that. Nope. This was something supernatural. And she had plenty of experience when it came to that. She glanced up when the door to the room squeaked open, the devil himself walking in.

Rafael sat on the desk, shuffling some papers back. He was quiet, trying to see if any of the teenagers would break under his stare. He clicked his tongue, folding his arms. "So when did you get there?"

"At the same time," Stiles replied, returning the death glare that was sent his way by the man. God, Rafael must had a sad life to hate a them this much. Sure, they hated him, but he was a grown forty something year old hating a group of teenagers, and for what?

"The same time as who?"

"The same time as us," Scott pointed to himself and the twins as if it was the most obvious answer in the world. He figured that their best bet right now was to do what they done best; confuse his dad.

"By coincidence?" he raised a brow. "That's quite hard to believe, don't you think?"

"Well, it's quite hard to believe that you got your job, yet here we are," Jade smiled sarcastically, ignoring the look that was sent her way.

"Someone's getting better at smart remarks," Max sent her a high five, ignoring the scolding from the man. Did he not get by now that they couldn't care less what he thought?

"The four of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott furrowed his brows, looking like a lost puppy.

"I think he's asking me."

"No, he's asking me."

"I think he's asking all of you," Lydia interrupted, rolling her eyes. If their goal was to piss off the fbi agent, consider the mission accomplished.

"Okay, let me answer the questions," Rafael said, closing his eyes in frustration. He wondered how much jail time he'd get for murdering them. He pulled out a pen and paper, flicking through the pages.

"Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her which blacked out the entire town."

"Accurate," Jade nodded, subconsciously fidgeting with the ring on Lydia's hand, which was resting on the arm of her chair.

"How did you know he'd take her to a substation?" Rafael asked. How did these teens know so much about the town and how come they always knew before the officers?

"Because he was an electrical engineer, so where else would he take her?" Stiles raised a brow.

"That's one hell of a deduction there."

"What can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement," Stiles pointed to his dad who was sitting behind his desk. Noah and Max snorted, covering their mouths with their hands while Rafael glared at the sheriff. Out of everyone, he thought that he'd have more respect. But then again, that was probably where his son got it from. "We made a good guess."

Rafael opened his mouth slightly, poking his cheek with his tongue. Lord give him strength. "You believe this?"

Noah swayed side to side in his chair, shaking his head. "To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?"

She swallowed hard as the group of them sat forward to look at her, trying to communicate with her silently. "Yeah," she nodded. Chancing a quick glance at the bag on the desk, she could see a familiar yellow phone case peeking out. "Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no," Rafael said. He stood up, opening the door and beckoning them all out. He felt as if he had gotten everything, yet also nothing out of them. Whether what he had been told was the truth or not, he wouldn't get anything else out of them. Sighing, he handed the bag of evidence to a deputy. "Kira, a deputy's gonna take you home but we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first."

Jade and Max hung back outside the door while Scott was called back by his dad. The conversation was obviously short because he reappeared two seconds later, rolling his eyes. "I want pizza," he noted, grabbing his wallet.

                                       ~

"I'm coming, hold your horses!" Jade shouted. She groaned, turning down the music and rushing to open the door. Whoever was ringing the bell could pay for a new one if they broke it, because she certainly wasn't.

She swung the door open, confused as to why no one was there. She suddenly felt way too uneasy about this. Maybe watching horror movies wasn't her best thing to do when home alone. "Dios mío!" she screamed, almost slamming the door in fright.

Allison stuck her foot in the way so it wouldn't close properly, almost toppling over from laughing too much. Lydia's head peeked over her shoulder, also laughing hysterically. "You should have seen your face!"

"Yeah, okay, come in before I change my mind," Jade snickered, still trying to slow her heart rate. One of these days someone was genuinely going to give her a heart attack.

The two girls stopped in the doorway of the sitting room, mouths hanging open. "Jade, where the fuck did you get all of this from?"

The blonde pushed past them, walking into the room. She held her hands out, a smirk on her face. "Welcome to Jade's idea of Haloween night."

The coffee table was full of sweets and chocolate bars, there was a twenty pack of soda in the corner, the music was blaring from the speakers and there was a stack of horror movies beside the fireplace.

"Holy shit," Allison laughed, launching herself onto the armchair and flinging her bag down beside her. "Where did you get all this from?"

"I may or may not have went trick or treating earlier on," she shrugged, grabbing Lydia's arm as they both flopped onto the sofa.

"You did not," Lydia shook her head in disbelief, running a hand through her hair. She grabbed a chocolate bar off of the table, shoving it into her mouth. There was no way Jade, a sixteen year old, seriously went out trick or treating on her own.

"I did and you guys should be thankful! If I didn't we wouldn't have all of these lovely sweets," she nodded, before standing up. She laughed along with the two girls as she crouched down. Pursing her lips, she flicked through the stack of movies.

"Scream or Friday the 13th?"

"Scream."

Pushing the small disk into the dvd player, she waited until she heard the click and the tv screen brightly lit up. Cracking her knuckles, she grabbed the three bowls on the table. Grabbing handfuls of sweets, she shovelled them into the separate bowls before handing them out. Turning off the light, she threw herself back onto the couch.

Scream was one of her favourite horror movies to watch with the girls. She'd only been living here for roughly a year and a half, nearly two years, and they'd watched it a good thirty times.

"Look behind you!" Lydia hissed to the television, burying her head into a pillow. The stress was getting to her, even though she knew the movie like the back of her hand.

A knock on the front door echoed throughout the house. It seemed as if all of them momentarily forgot how to breathe as they cast nervous glances at each other.

"Ignore it. Maybe they'll go away," Allison whispered, grabbing the remote and pausing the movie. She jumped when whoever was out there knocked again. "Or not."

Lydia grabbed a baseball bat that was sitting by the windowsill, while Allison grabbed the daggers that had been tucked safely in her shoe. Carefully, and trying not to make as much noise as possible, the three of them creeped to the door. It was nearly midnight, so it could hardly be trick or treaters.

Ignoring the logical side of her brain that said this was not smart at all, Jade turned the handle, opening it just enough so that she could stick her head out. Breathing out a sigh of relief, she rested her head against the cool door. "You scared the hell out of us."

"I forgot my key, can you let me in? It's freezing out here," Max slurred, pulling his jacket closer to his thin frame. His sister looked down to the usual bottle of vodka that was in his hand.

She bit the inside of her cheek before plastering on a smile and turning to the girls, standing tall to not let their peeking heads look outside. "You two can go ahead, I'll be in in a sec."

"You sure?" Lydia asked, concern lacing her voice.

Jade nodded, waiting until she heard two pairs of receding footsteps before she stepped onto the porch, softly closing the door behind her. "Seriously? Come on, you can't keep doing this. Go sleep it off."

Max felt guilt slowly pour through his body at the tone she was using. It wasn't even one of anger or annoyance; it was disappointment and a tiny bit of shame was found in there too. But then his guilt disappeared, and was instead replaced with anger. What, did she think he wanted to keep ruining his life like this? "No, you know what? Screw this. I'm gonna go back out and I'm gonna have the best night because it's obvious you don't respect what I choose to do with my life."

"Come on, Max, you know that's not what I meant. But you're right about one thing. I don't respect what you do with your life, because what you're doing right now, is killing you," she folded her arms across her chest, trying to keep her voice steady. Max scoffed, walking away. "Max! Come on!"

But he was already too far gone. Too far gone down the street, his shadow not even viable any more.

And too far gone down the grave that he'd dug himself.

A/N

Hi all! Just a small announcement, so make sure you read this part please!

From Tuesday until friday (12th-15th of july) i'm going camping. i have chapters ready to upload, but i'm not sure how well the service will be down there, so if i don't post for those few days, that's why!

Then from the saturday (16th), i'm going on holidays to turkey for two weeks. again, i have chapters already pre-wrote, so i'll post them every two - three days, it just depends on how much time i have, and if it have time to write while i'm away :)

Basically, just please be patient, i'll still be posting and replying to comments etc, it just might be a little later than usual. hope you all understand <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 22.7K 98
"we'll figure this out 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳." x fem!reader season 1 - 6 highest: #3 in teenwolf : #1 in stilinski : #1 in...
1.4M 42.3K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...
14.3K 357 72
"Okay," he breathed out. "I love you, Cassandra Williams. I love you so god damn much." Cassie's smile grew at his last sentences. "I love you too, S...
119K 3.8K 95
𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 Riley Winters thought nothing good would come...