His True Mate - Twilight {E.C...

By luna8406

In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he... More

Authors Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Wedding Things
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - The Last One
Thank you!

Chapter 30

571 23 5
By luna8406

I'm gonna watch Mulan after this because for some reason I want to see Mushu, he's hilarious.

Hope:

I looked out the window at the city we were about to leave as Edward drove us to the airport. The sound of the pouring rain brought me calm and comfort. I leaned my head against the window and looked ahead at the windshield that was constantly wiping away the rain. Our stuff was packed in the trunk of our rental car. We were going to have a private flight, just like we did on the way here to avoid suspicion of humans. If we fly into sunny weather, Edward will light up like a lamp and we don't need to risk that kind of exposure.
When we showed up, Edward told me to stay in the car as he got out and talked to the flight attendant and pilots. My phone rang, it was Rose.

"Hope?"

"Hey Rose."

"Carlisle told us you guys are coming home early. Is everything okay?"

"Who are you with Rose?"

"Alice, Esme, Jasper, Bella, Jacob, Ness, and Emmett. Why?"

"I don't want Ness to know anything yet."

"Jake got her to go downstairs to join Leah and Seth. Can you tell us what's wrong now?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh shit," I heard Emmett say.

"Yeah."

"Wow, uh, okay. Well, we're here for you, anything you need Hope. Get home safely, we love you."

"I love you guys too. I have to go, Edward's coming."
I hung up the phone just as Edward came to my door and opened it. I got out of the car and he led me towards the small plane. Our stuff was already loaded up so when we were sitting, the pilots let the plane take off.

*******

Edward:

I looked up from the book I was reading and at her peaceful and delicate face as she lay across from me on a long couch with her sweater over her, sleeping.
When we landed, I carried her to my car that Alice drove to the airport to pick us up. I laid her down in the backseat and then helped Alice put our stuff into the trunk. I got into the passenger seat and she drove us out of Seattle, back home to the small town of Forks.

"Any explanation for your early return?" She asked.

"Can't we just come home early to see our beloved family?" I responded sarcastically. "I know Hope told you."

"She didn't have to, I saw it."

"I thought you couldn't see past wolves?" I asked.

"I can't," she said. "But I guess she's just different. Maybe it's because she's a hybrid, I don't know. But a couple weeks ago I got a vision, of a baby, surrounded by love from all of us."

"Was Hope in it?"

"I didn't see her."
That rose my anxiety. The thought of losing Hope to death frightened me.
"Calm Edward, we won't lose her."

When we got home, I gently woke Hope. Everyone was already waiting for us on the front porch as we drove up the driveway and Alice slowed the car to a stop. I got out and opened Hope's door for her, taking her hand as she stepped out. We rounded the car and walked up the stairs where our family hugged us.

"Jasper, Emmett, do you mind helping Alice carry things in? I'm going to take Hope upstairs so she can sleep."

"Of course," Emmett responded. Hope rubbed her eyes sleepily as we climbed the stairs and walked down the hall to our room. I kissed her goodnight and shut the door so she could sleep. When I got back downstairs, my family was in the living room and our bags and suitcases sat beside the bottom of the staircase.

"Renesmee's asleep in her room," Jake said to me.

"So, another Renesmee?" Bella asked, Rose gave her a look. "What? I'm just asking the question that's on everyone else's minds."

I sighed, "I don't know, it's not like we knew she could conceive."

"Edward's right, calm down a bit Bella," Esme tells her.

"Carlisle?" Jasper looks to him for advice.

"I can't tell you anything for sure, but I do think it has something to do with Hope's wolf side, since Edward was able to have Renesmee with Bella due to her being human. If I am right, the child will be a vampire-wolf hybrid like Hope, instead of human and vampire like Renesmee."

"Do we know if she'll survive? Will it be the same as Bella, feeding off of her and killing her from the inside?" Jake asked.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that Jacob. With Bella we were able to turn her into a vampire, but with Hope already being one, vampire venom wouldn't save her like it did Bella. And with it being this early, I can't determine if it'll be the same as Bella's pregnancy, we'll need to be prepared. I'll get some human blood from the hospital tomorrow when I go in for my work shift. If it is like Bella, she'll deliver within a couple more weeks."

"Just promise me you'll do whatever it takes to save her," I told him.

"I can promise I'll do my best to try." Carlisle patted me on the shoulder as he and Esme left the room. Jake parted from us to go sleep and be with Renesmee.

"How are you doing Edward?" Alice asked.

"Worried, but I'm managing."

"Trust Carlisle, he'll make sure Hope survives," Rose assured.

"What if it is the same as Bella? You heard Carlisle, vampire venom won't save her she's already been turned."

"Try not to worry so much, she'll be fine. Go watch over your mate Edward," Rosalie softly said to me. I sighed and left the room. I checked on Renesmee before going to mine and Hope's room because I haven't seen my daughter in a while.
I read books throughout the night and sometimes took small breaks to go outside for fresh air. When the sun began to rise, Hope stirred and her beautiful eyes fluttered open. She groaned and I chuckled at how she always does that when she wakes. She's definitely not a morning person.

Hope:

"Hi," Edward smiled from the armchair in the corner of the room by the large windows.

"Don't you think it's creepy that you just watch me every night?"

"I don't just watch you Hope, I'm not a stalker. I go outside sometimes, I read, I silently listen to soft music, I check on Renesmee, and I have short conversations with our family."

"You just said 'I don't just watch you' implying that you watch me sleep," I said sarcastically.

"Whatever," he says as he rolls his eyes, "I'll go downstairs and make you some waffles for breakfast."
I laughed as he exited the room. I got up lazily and changed out of my clothes from yesterday and put on some gray joggers and a white cropped tank top. I brushed my hair because it looked like a birds nest and then put it up into a messy bun. I left my room and went downstairs and into the living room that openly connected to the kitchen.

"Morning," Alice beamed.

"Morning," I replied as I walked over to the kitchen island and sat down to eat the couple waffles that Edward grabbed from my Eggos box in the freezer and had heated up in the microwave.

"Do you want any blood?" Esme asked.

"No, but Edward can you get me some cold tea?" He nodded and got a glass from the cabinet. I was quite hungry since I didn't eat yesterday. I put the plate and fork in the sink as Edward handed me my glass of tea. "Thank you." I joined the others and sat on one of the comfortable couches.

"How are you feeling?" Rosalie asked.

"Guys, I'm fine, I promise. Does Renesmee know yet?"

"No," Bella responded.

"Okay, I only asked that we keep it secret from her because I wanted Edward and I to be able to actually talk to her face to face."

"Understandable," Alice replied.

"Jacob and Ness are coming," Rosalie said, just as their footsteps were heard. They walked in and sat down with everyone else.

"I'm glad you're home dad," Ness smiled as Edward hugged her.

"Me too sweetheart."
I smiled to myself. Being a stepmom to Ness was always enough for me, but before turning, having kids was something I'd always wanted and looked forward to. Having a few little wolves running around was my dream as a child. Now I'm having a child and instead of feeling a little happy, I feel scared and worried. I don't want to end up dying, but at least if I do my child will be loved in the best way by Edward, and that is enough for me.

I'm going to go watch Mulan now and possibly update again tomorrow. Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 192 8
Elina Swan, she used to be happy, fun, giggly, popular, and utterly beautiful. But 2 years ago, it all changed. She turned into a girl who is broken...
49.4K 1K 14
Alethea was once a part of the Cullen Family. However, she mysteriously disappears. Centuries later, Renesmee is born. Noticing the similarities bet...
130K 3.5K 25
"You shouldn't have come" ° ° ° After leaving the Cullen and her brother, Irene is travelling around the world, running away from the Volturi. Leavin...
34.9K 1.1K 12
Olivia Deven Swan. Bella Swans older twin sister. She's completely oblivious to the supernatural world around her, though she never liked her siste...