On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

Από noticeyoursenpaii

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... Περισσότερα

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 2: Beg
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 26: Stay
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 29: Mistakes
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 42: Crazy
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 51: A Little Help
Chapter 52: Better Hurry
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Chapter 71: Back To You
Epilogue

Chapter 67: Sacrifice

516 26 3
Από noticeyoursenpaii

WAKASA'S POV

How long has it been since the fight started?

How many minutes have passed since I faced Argus?

I can't even pay attention to what's happening in my surrounding anymore. I have been so focused in fighting Argus that I barely realized that my body is already screaming at me to stop pushing myself to its limits.

I'm getting tired.

We moved around a lot and after a cat and mouse chase with him in between fights, we somehow ended up on the second floor of the building near a broken glass window. He stood against it as if taunting me to come at him. And it is getting on my nerves.

No matter how many punches and kicks I throw at him, even if it lands on him, he is still standing as if all the bruises and wounds I gave him were of no effect on him. His arm is even broken! A not so good sight in my eyes that's making chills run down my spine at the view of it. He is indeed crazy. It's like he couldn't feel pain. Both of us are already breathing heavily with blood and sweats in our bodies and yet I'm the only who seem to be getting tired of this fight. He only seems to be enjoying this.

And it's infuriating!

With a click of my tongue, I gathered all my remaining strength and took a step back. Right. I have a mission today and it is to end things right here right now. I can't just give up midway and expect these enemies to not come after us afterwards... especially this Argus guy. I'm still mad and I don't think my mind would be cooling down any moment now because of every word he spat earlier. It's only making me crave more for his death.

I need to persevere through this.

For Y/N.

"Let's finish this now."

Taking in a deep breath, I pushed myself forward and towards him, ready to aim for his neck with the dagger in my hand. He only stood still with an irritating smirk plastered on his face as he waited for me to get nearer.

He managed to block my attack as he was already expecting it. Unfortunately, he was able to grab hold of my wrist and twist it, causing me to lower my guard because of the pain. Using it to his advantage, he raised his knee, making contact with my stomach as I crouch down due to its impact.

I coughed but was aware he wouldn't end there as he raised his other fist to hit me. I was quick to block it and use my chance to jump off the ground and twist my body on air, landing a kick on the side of his head. I made sure to drag it along and aim it to the ground, causing him to let go of my wrist.

And just like that, another round of our fight started... this time dangerously closer to the edge towards the window. And one of us is gonna go down through it. I just have to make sure that it won't be me.

It wasn't long enough until the universe sided with me.

He was already on the edge as he tried to pull me by my shirt. It was luck that my instincts kicked in on time and without a second thought, I raised my leg and kicked him on his chest.

And before I realized it, a loud irritating sound of the glass breaking reached my ears and right in front of me, I can only see Argus moving somehow slow in my point of view as he was pushed to the end before gravity started to pull his body to the ground in an instant.

I ran to the edge and saw him lying on the ground.

Both of his legs already twisted in a very odd manner as he was staring at the sky. He's broken all over and I can tell that he won't last long.

Immediately, I made my way down, keeping the gun with me to make sure of his state. I need to make sure that things are clear before I leave him. I can't risk anything.

It didn't take long for me to reach him and now I'm standing right beside him, watching him struggle in trying to force his body to move but failing miserably. I was still catching my breath when he started chuckling underneath me and I quickly put up my guard.

"Ahhh so this is how it's gonna be? How boring." He said, more like talking to himself.

Suddenly, his eyes darted towards mine. I stared at him blankly, however.

"Whatever that girl saw in you, you must be very special than Calix." He started and I couldn't tell if I managed to hide the annoyance in my face. Obviously, Y/N won't be that stupid to still choose Calix when he's done the worst things to her that he could do to a girl.

"Could it be your face?" Argus continued and my eyebrows immediately knitted together. What in the world is he up to? "Your boring eyes?" He stared at me as if he's trying to see through my soul. "Your heart perhaps that's beating for her... or your whole existence?" And he didn't stop there. He coughed once and blood splat down his chin from the side of his mouth.

"I wonder which one it is..." He continued with a hushed and raspy voice.

I was confused as to why he kept pointing out only the physical terms. Does he really only see people as things? Isn't he aware of how a person's feelings work? Why? Why is this guy only seeing what is laid out for the human eyes to literally see?

The question in my mind was immediately answered when he added, this time with a maniac-like grin on his face.

"So when I kill you, I can take that part and show it to her. She'll probably have the best of the best reaction if she sees you in such state." Even when on his brink of death with a guy wanting him dead standing very close to him, Argus showed no remorse. He really is a crazy guy to be this stupidly brave that he even keeps a provoking expression on.

With no expression on my face, I crouched down closer to him while not taking my eyes off him.

"I'll fucking kill you." I said as I point the gun directly at his forehead after cocking it. His bloody grin widened and his eyes taunted me again.

"You can't."

I gritted my teeth, trying to keep myself sane. I can instantly kill him right here and now with just a pull of the trigger. But an image of Y/N flashed in my mind, reminding me of the time she tried to stop me from killing the men who came after her.

The intense glaring between Argus and I continued when suddenly an idea popped in my mind. I pulled the trigger, shooting his body twice before retreating the gun back and pulled myself up.

"You're right. It's better to have you suffer more while you approach your slow death." I said and turned my back against him as I walk away from his crippled body.

Afterall, he's going to be dead any minute now. With that much blood loss, I doubt he can still survive.

"Damn brat." I heard him mutter to himself before I have already distanced myself from him.

Right on the front, I can already see Y/N's father fighting multiple men. I fastened my pace so I can help him. But what I didn't realize is that I made the wrong decision of leaving Argus without checking his surrounding.

Only then did it hit me when I heard a gunshot from behind me. In a second, I felt something hit me. I didn't know what it is until I felt my lower waist bleeding. My hand was immediately drenched in red sticky liquid when I placed it against my lower back.

"WAKASA!" My eyes shot up to see Y/N's father approaching me quickly. As soon as I look up, another gunshot was heard, this time from the opposite direction. I saw Gabriel from the front, raising his gun in my direction and I turned to look back on Argus only to see him lying on the ground with his head facing our direction. Eyes already lifeless as his arm is extended to the side on the ground with a gun on his hand.

"You got hit." My attention went back to Y/N's father who tried to cover my wound when suddenly, enemies started to surround the two of us.

"I'm fine. I can still fight." I said while pulling the gun from my side but failed to convince him when I swayed to the side the moment I felt the pain shoot through me.

"Conrad!! Take him and get away from here." He quickly called one of his men in the higher ranks. Conrad made his way towards us while firing his gun at the enemies nearing us. Although it wasn't enough to get rid of them as more of them came approaching us from afar.

"What about you?" I asked when Conrad assisted me by placing my arm around his neck.

My brows knitted when he didn't respond to my question. I stopped abruptly and didn't let Conrad drag me along, seeing Y/N's father just standing behind us when we tried to move.

What in the world is he up to now?

The moment the idea hit me, I pushed Conrad off me and went back to Y/N's father, pulling him by his collar with my remaining strength.

"You... you're not planning on killing yourself here, are you?" I glared at him, hoping I get the right answer from him.

"Sir..?" I heard Conrad speak behind me. But Y/N's father only looked at me emotionlessly as he took hold of my wrist, pulling my grip off him.

"We're surrounded. There's no other choice." He answered and I released an exasperated sigh.

"You think that's a very heroic thing for you to do?" I asked, clearly getting pissed at his decision.

We came here full geared and ready to fight and yet he just decided to let himself die out here?? What was that training all for then?? Don't tell me I spent months with this old guy just for that?? Is it that easy for him to decide that way??

"No." He responded monotonously and never broke eye contact. Anger is bubbling up inside me because of him, I couldn't even think of my wound anymore.

"Y/N won't like this. You know that." I said, trying to persuade him but he remained silent. I took a deep breath but failed to calm myself when he said nothing. "She's having a baby soon!! Are you out of your mind?!" What the hell is he even thinking?? Is he that willing to just leave Y/N at that state??

Again. No response.

I felt my surrounding go dark and unconsciously, my fist landed on his cheek. Conrad quickly came to my side to stop me at the same time assist me when I swayed to the side once more, losing my balance.

"She already lost her mother! Don't you dare make her feel that way again by leaving her!!" I spat. "Remove yourself from her life and I'll never forgive you for everything you've done." It's unacceptable. This is unacceptable. I can't allow him to do that. No matter how much hate I felt for him the first time I saw him back then a few months ago, I can't deny the reality that he is still Y/N's father. That even after he let her down many times, Y/N would never want him to give up his life for this.

She wouldn't want this.

Please no.

I can't see her cry again.

"If you want to punish yourself so badly then do it by making up to her for everything." If this is his way to atone for his sins, then he's doing it wrong. He will only create another hole in Y/N's heart. Why can't he understand that?

"It's either my life or everyone's life here, Imaushi!" He finally spoke... but it was far from satisfying my anger. Ever since the start of the planning, I'm already aware that we are at a disadvantage when it comes to our numbers. But he decided to push it. He wanted to push the plans because he wanted to fulfil his goal. "As much as I want to go back to her, I can't risk your life. I'm prioritising your safety because you're the most important person to her right now."

I didn't let him add any further and spoke up.

"You are her father!!" He stopped midway opening his mouth. He shut it close as if contemplating until he opened it again to respond. With eyes softening, he said.

"And you're going to be a father too... of my soon to be born grandchild."

Somehow, hearing him say that did not feel celebratory at all. It caused my heart to clench and the insides of my stomach to twist. It's as if he's passing me his responsibility for Y/N and my unborn child as if he's so sure that he won't be able to get out of this place alive.

"Go, Wakasa. Spare your life along with my men." He said, giving my back a pat and pushing me towards Conrad. "I'll hold them off so you can escape." I gritted my teeth at this words.

Is this really how this day is going to end?

What would happen after this?

Unconsciously, my hand reached for his wrist, stopping Conrad from pulling me with him. I stared at Y/N's father almost begging him not to do this.

"I'm not leaving... I can't." I shook my head. I don't know why... I'm supposed to hate this man for being the cause of mother's early death. And yet here I am begging him not to die. I'm doing this for Y/N and yet why do I feel that I fear for his disappearance? It's not like I spent a long time with him for me to be attached to him.

For someone who treated me like his own son for the past months...

Is it because he already accepted me?

He stared at me for a moment before his lips broke into a smile. Eyes almost closing, he spoke softly.

"Y/N is right." He paused before he continued which spread warmth in my chest. "You're indeed a good person."

"Sir..." I heard Conrad again, trying to catch our attention. Y/N's father looked at him and his expression immediately switched to a serious one as he gave his order.

"Go and take him. The enemies are here."

"L/N-san..." Was all I could mutter as I felt myself being dragged by his men.

This time I felt hopeless as I watch his back slowly distancing from us as he approach the enemies.

Just then, as we are leaving the area, more of our allies came running at us.

"Sir!!" They called Conrad's attention as they stopped in front of us, blocking our path. I was confused when I saw them panicking. Instantly, it made me feel uneasy.

"Our men spotted Bartley's men approaching our direction at a fast pace!" The other one reported. My emotionless face immediately formed a frown.

If I remember it right, isn't Bartley another one of the families in the higher ranks in the mafia along L/N and Valencia?

"What..?" Conrad's reaction was enough to make me want to puke at the anxiousness I felt. The color in his face was quick to fade, I could feel goosebumps on my skin.

Base on their reaction, I feel like this wouldn't go so well.

"They're here." I heard Conrad whisper blankly to himself as if things were still slow to process in his mind.

"Shit!!"

__________
Author's Note:
I have nothing else to say, have a good day everyone!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

210K 11.5K 43
❝Don't you think your name is boring?❞ ❝Ha? What do you mean? My name's perfect as it is-❞ ❝Will you marry me?❞ ✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧ A young la...
473K 20.8K 57
[COMPLETE ✅] *✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿* After years of unconsciousness, she regained her "life" only to find the people she treasured had changed for t...
127K 3.6K 33
[COMPLETE✔] Katsuki X Fem!Izuku __________________ Midoriya had lost her memories when she was a kid but Bakugou never knew about this. After Bakugou...
182K 6.4K 63
[COMPLETE ☑] 💚 Tomura x Fem!Izuku _________________________ When she was a kid,Midoriya once met an older boy at an abandoned building when she was...