𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 | �...

By thedivineheart

[MODERN AU] Gorou and Y/n have been competing in pretty much everything for the majority of their lives, hati... More

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈: 𝐤𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐮𝐳𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐈: 𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐤𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐤𝐚
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐕: 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕: 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐤𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐦𝐢
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕𝐈: 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐞
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡.
𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐕𝐈𝐈: 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.
𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.

2.4K 136 199
By thedivineheart

⊱ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈 𝐄𝐍𝐃 : 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ⊰

[IM SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG FORGIVE ME PLS OMG]

"So he did apologize."

"Yeah. I can't say anything else, but it was a... pretty good apology."

Laying on your side atop the covers of your bed, you gazed into Gorou's eyes in search of assistance as he rested across from you, with his hands under his head.

"Hm," he hummed. "Well, I'm all for giving people second chances, but what he did..."

"I know," you sighed. "Whatever, I don't wanna think about this anymore. Can I kiss you? It makes me feel better."

He froze up momentarily as red covered his face and his tail wagged behind him. He sheepishly nodded and you grinned. Sliding closer to him, you closed your eyes and left a featherlight kiss on his lips before leaning away seconds later. You blushed lightly and smiled at him, but he only stared in astonishment.

"...That's it?"

"Pff, what? You want a full make-out session?" You teased with a smirk.

"Maybe..."

You raised your eyebrows before submitting to his desires and pressing your lips against his once again, practically sweeping him off his feet. He tried to keep up with you, but you were too eager and quick with each exchange. His lips were plush, breathing new life into you with every kiss. It felt like you'd earned a fresh existence, but it was fragile.

You broke away and took a deep breath before grinning widely at him. You could tell he'd almost malfunctioned by the way his eyes were whirling in every direction to evade looking at you. Your grin rested into a small smile.

"Thanks, for always making me feel better."

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god..."

"Y/n-"

"Wait, I need to reread my lines-"

"You've read over them 20 times in the last hour, Y/n-"

"I know!" You cried, fiercely taking hold of Childe's arms and shaking him around. "I'm just so nervous!"

"Really? I couldn't tell," he chuckled, his head starting to feel loopy from all the movement. "Okay, you can stop now."

You spun around on your heels, letting go of him as your hands transferred from his arms to your hair, tugging at it.

"What if I mess up? If something goes wrong, I'll be totally off for the rest of the performance!"

Childe placed his hand on your shoulder, causing you to turn your head toward him. When you saw him, you realized he was giving you a small smile and a warm gaze.

"If something goes wrong, you'll have Gorou and everyone else out there with you," he said softly. "Don't worry."

You were about to respond, but Yae abruptly intervened and began pushing you to the stage, "Get to your spot, Y/n! Curtains lift in two minutes!"

"Okay!" You hurriedly replied before speed-walking over to where Gorou was laying down, waiting impatiently for the show to start. You plopped down with your legs crossed and he lifted his upper body, shooting you a smile.

"Aren't you nervous?" You asked.

"Of course I am," he nodded. "But if I freak out, you'll freak out even worse. I expected you to be more confident about this, though."

"Yeah, but since I didn't get too much time to practice, I'm not sure if I'll remember everything..."

"You had every day after school, though-?"

"I know," you sighed. "Normally, I'd take an excessive amount of time after school. It's probably not necessary, but it makes me feel safer that way."

"Well, I know you'll do great," he said, raising his hand and caressing your cheek.

You smiled, "you'll do great, too."

The lights began to dim and Gorou hurried to lay his back against the stage, his arm loosely resting over his stomach. Your eyes fluttered closed briefly as you inhaled deeply before exhaling, letting your breath sweep away your anxieties with it.

The curtains pulled and a spotlight beamed over you, illuminating the first scene. The auditorium went quiet as you masked yourself with your character, your expression showing concern.

"General, are you alright?" You asked softly, though your microphone allowed everyone to hear. You reached for the med kit beside you and snapped the latches open, pulling out some bandages and a healing ointment.

He chuckled weakly, wincing directly afterward, "Well, I could use some help..."

You sighed and dripped the ointment on the towel before grabbing his wrist and setting it at his side, "Touching the wound isn't going to do any good for you."

As you dabbed the towel on the "injury", he stared up at you with a small smile. Heat rose to your cheeks as your eyes fixated on his exposed chest. He noticed this, and though he wasn't sure if it was part of the act, he was... very certain you were actually embarrassed.

"I'm surprised you were injured like this," you stated as you worked. "Usually you're much more careful."

"Well, Kujou Sara was on the field," he coughed, his body shaking with the movement. "I got distracted, and... This."

You nibbled your bottom lip and furrowed your brows, setting the towel down before grabbing the bandages, "I should've been there today. At least someone would've been there to protect you."

"You say that like it's your fault," he replied, reaching his hand up and caressing your cheek before letting it fall down again. "It's okay, Y/n-"

"It's not okay!" You interrupted abruptly before lowering your voice. "Sorry... It's just ridiculous. I know you feel the need to take care of everyone, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't expect the same in return. I see all of them taking care of each other on the field, but they act like you're some immortal god!"

"Y/n," he spoke before sucking in a breath through gritted teeth as you slightly tightened the bandages and tied them.

"What?" You asked, your tone bitter.

He took hold of your hand and lifted it into the air, though this was just so all the audience could see, "Thank you, for caring."

The lights disappeared and you picked up the medical box as you helped Gorou to his feet. You both scurried off the stage and turned your microphones off before letting out fits of joyful giggles. You high-fived each other before you jumped into his arms, wrapping your arms around him.

"That just doubled my confidence!" You giggled, squeezing him tighter.

Feeling embarrassed with you pressed against him when he was practically bare-chested, he hesitantly returned your embrace, "me, too..."

Once you pulled away and stood on the sidelines, watching Yoimiya and Sara perform their scene, you couldn't stop jumping on your toes. You were too excited that you could hardly contain it without screaming.

The light shined on the two girls as they stood on opposing sides of the stage, with a few background actors on each end. As they performed their scene, your eyes scanned the crowds and you noticed all your friends sitting in one of the front rows, along with Kokomi, Hina, Shirou, and Itto. Ayaka was hanging onto Thoma's arm and leaning away from Itto despite Kazuha sitting between them.

A small chuckle escaped your lips and your eyes traveled to the rest of the room, noting a few more of your classmates, though you didn't know them well. Seeing that all your friends showed up to see you, a wider grin stretched across your face. Gorou observed your glee with a smile as Childe approached from behind the two of you.

"Feeling better now?" He asked.

Gorou jumped and his head snapped to the side to see Childe now standing next to him. You turned around with glitter in your eyes and nodded vigorously.

"Much better!"

Childe prepared himself to run out on stage and you watched as he dashed out, revealing himself to the crowd. He delivered his lines with a sense of urgency directed toward Yoimiya, who was acting as the Divine Priestess.

"Is my brother out there?" Gorou queried, attempting to look over your shoulder.

"Yeah," you nodded. "He looks... very enthusiastic."

When Gorou caught a glimpse of his sibling, he sighed at the amount of boredom shown in the boy's distant frown. His eyes wandered through the entire audience and he abruptly sucked in a breath.

"Wh- What?" You stammered, confused by his reaction.

"My older brothers are here."

"I- Wait, what? You have more than one brother?!"

"Well yeah," he furrowed his brows at you. "Haven't you seen them in the family photos around my house?"

"Apparently!" You exclaimed. "There were just so many of them, I thought they were your old friends or something! Why do you only have pictures of them as kids?"

"Eh... That's not important," he shrugged. "They're almost done the scene."

"Oh, right!" You gasped. "We should get ready."

Once the lights shut down, everyone hurried to change the background set and you rushed out onto the stage, getting in position. Everything was ready, and the lights switched on. This time, there was a blue filter over it to show that it was nighttime.

The scene was about Yoimiya and the others in the resistance returning from battle, and you were meant to greet them. While it played out, Kunikuzushi pushed the auditorium doors open and froze as a few people from the back rows turned to look at him. He cleared his throat awkwardly and stiffly speed-walked to an unoccupied seat that resided on the end of a row.

His gaze fixated on you as he observed your costume, finding it to look strangely expensive. Actually, everything looked weirdly expensive. Then again, Yae was often known for going over the top. He managed to get a clear look at you as most of the people exited the scene, leaving only you.

After everyone was gone, you sat nearby the edge of the stage and hugged your legs to your chest. The "grass" below you bent beneath your feet. Gorou entered the scene with his arms wrapped around his stomach and a slight limp.

"Y/n, what are you doing out here so late?"

Scaramouche's brows knitted together in puzzlement; the play used your real names?

You looked at Gorou through the corner of your eye, though as your vision moved, you caught a glimpse of Scaramouche in the audience. Choosing to ignore it, you continued.

"General Gorou," you nodded. "I was just... thinking."

He carefully lowered his body down beside you until he was sitting with his legs spread in front of him, "About what, exactly?"

The world was silent and you almost tricked yourself into thinking the audience was holding their breath, like they were all part of the same being. You parted your lips.

"I wrote a letter."

"...For your family," Gorou responded softly, looking over to you.

"For anyone who'll read it and know who I was," you breathed shakily. "We're going into a dangerous battle, General. I suggest you write one too."

"We're not going to die," he stated certainly, as if he'd already predicted the outcome. "I promise, we'll both see the days when it's over."

"That's a pretty empty promise," you chuckled bitterly. "You really should be careful with your words, or else you might actually give me hope."

He struggled yet successfully stood on his feet and held his hand out to you, "let's do our best to survive."

You stared at his hand before sighing, tangling your hand with his and lifting yourself up, "You're insane."

"I'm not insane," he rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm hopeful."

"Same thing," you snickered, pulling a folded piece of paper from your pocket. "Here."

"Wait, wh-?"

"Keep it safe for me."

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

"L/n Y/n, is it? I've heard much about you from your fellow soldiers."

You lifted your blade and pointed it toward Sara, "Let them go."

She snickered, "You'll have to defeat me first."

"Fine then," you scoffed, your grip on the weapon tightening. "Prepare yourself, Kujou Sara."

The battle was a brutal one, and it left everyone bruised both on their bodies and in their spirits. Blood splattered on the ground and blades clashed viciously as their holders dripped with sweat. You and Sara were the main focus, but everyone else was in the background as well.

The fight scenes were actually quite impressive when it came to the choreography, and you genuinely wondered how Yae was able to accomplish the entire play. With the expensive equipment and the script, along with the choreography for every scene... You'd never know how she juggled everything, but you did admire her.

At this particular point in the play, it was the third and final battle. The second had Gorou and a handful of other soldiers kidnapped by the opposing side, and the third was your attempt at rescuing them. Honestly, it was difficult to stop yourself from grinning with how much fun it was.

It was similar to a dance; you'd take a step and swing, she'd do the same, you'd vigilantly block, and the process repeated in many different forms. You could tell Sara was enjoying it as well, but you weren't able to pay mind to anyone else.

By the end, you'd knocked Sara onto the ground and held your sword to her neck, lifting her head up by her chin. 

"Where are they?" You demanded, glowering down at her.

Her chest rose quickly as her breathing quickened. Her gaze flickered between you and your blade, seemingly debating whether or not to tell you. She glanced around at her many other defeated soldiers and gritted her teeth, clamping her eyes shut.

"Fine."

When you reunited with Gorou, he was unconscious and his breathing was shallow, but he was alive. Still, with immense concern, you returned him and everyone else to your base in order to be treated by a doctor.

The lighting changed to display a lapse of time and you were still sitting by Gorou's side, holding his hand as he rested under his tent. You stared down at him with a somber expression until his eyes fluttered open and he tilted his head to look at you.

"Y/n...?"

Your eyes widened and you smiled, "Oh, thank god, you're awake!"

The utter relief and excitement in your voice startled him and he chuckled quietly.

"How are you feeling?" You asked.

He slowly sat up, groaning as he did so, "Just a bit stiff... Otherwise, I'm fine."

You narrowed your eyes at him, "You aren't hurt?"

"No," he shook his head.

You were silent for a few moments, your eyes scanning his figure until you finally decided on what to do. You threw yourself forward and wrapped your arms around his neck, burying your head in his shoulder. He gasped at your actions, but he managed to keep himself upright and embrace you.

"What's this for?" He queried, making sure his voice wasn't muffled by your shoulder.

You pulled away and let your hands rest in your lap while he retracted his as well, "Hey, be thankful I didn't punch you for being so reckless. You could've died! Ah, and to think I trusted you with my letter, too..."

"I-I'm sorry!" He stammered. "It's not as if I intended to get captured..."

You smiled and playfully punched his arm, "I forgive you. As long as you're safe now. Oh, and just a small detail since you were too busy sleeping, the other side surrendered."

He stared in astonishment at you, as if testing your words, "Wait, what?"

"They surrendered, General."

A grin gradually grew on his face, "Really!? That's amazing! You're amazing!"

"Y-Yeah, well, it wouldn't have been possible without you, even though you were passed out during the last part," you spoke, turning your head to avoid looking at him.

Seeing your supposed embarrassment, his eyes latched onto you until he glanced down, blushing hard.

"...Y/n, can I tell you something?"

You peeked over at him from the corner of your eye before turning your head fully to face him, "Of course... What is it?"

He nervously lifted his head and reached out to caress your cheek with his thumb, leaning slightly closer than before. Your breath hitched and the soft pink lighting draped over you to create a much more intimate atmosphere. In the theater, you'd be able to hear a pin drop, and you could almost feel the audience holding their breaths.

"I think you're beautiful," he exhaled as an unscripted, light laugh dripped from his lips. "You're gorgeous, more than anyone else I've seen before. And you're so smart... It seems like you always know what to do, and even when you have no idea, you still somehow push through. I admire you... More than you could ever understand."

Your next line got caught in your throat as his face drifted closer to yours, and though you'd kissed him before, something about this was different. Gorou's tail wagged erratically and his ears twitched, but he ignored it the same way he ignored how many people were watching him. Knowing that you were too flustered to speak your next line, he decided to skip through it and relieve you of the pressure.

"I'm in love with you, Y/n."

He'd never said it so genuinely before. He gave you a small smile, letting you know that he wasn't just acting, and you tried to spit out your response, but every time you tried to speak, nothing escaped you.

So instead, you eagerly closed the distance and planted a soft kiss on his lips. Just after you broke away, the curtains closed and the loud cheers of the audience rang throughout the room. You winced at the sound, but a grin still rested on your face. Meanwhile, Gorou was blushing furiously. He hadn't expected you to kiss him, since that portion was cut out of the original script.

As the realization hit you that it was over, you laughed gleefully as a way to express your joy without exploding and jumped forward, tackling Gorou onto the ground. Startled, he stared up at you while you laid on top of him and his hands laid awkwardly on your hips.

"We did it!" You giggled before pressing your lips against his once again, this time lasting much longer than before. When you broke away, you gazed into his eyes with a bright smile.

"I'm in love with you, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 242 13
"𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚜, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎" Two adults wh...
1M 43.8K 40
"Hey what's the homeworkr?" Y/N is a high school student who accidentally texts the wrong number. While she certainly didn't get the homework that da...
10K 481 21
❝ She's the King on and off the track. ❞ (Arlecchino x Fem!Reader) " Formula One AU Genshin Impact AU " * This book was initially called "Strate...
260K 9.9K 26
专注的 / scaramouche x fem!reader # modern au ( a 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁, and 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘳 ) ✷ i...