With You

By SunflowerSeedie

Adeline's only goal in life is to escape her violent past. When rugged recluse Kyran finds Adeline on the ver... More

Thank you
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 13

417 23 8
By SunflowerSeedie

My body is burning hotter than usual, I'm practically sweating. I try to kick the heavy blankets off but end up tangling both my legs up instead. I sleepily mumble under my breath in annoyance. I decide to deal with it later and relax back into my blissful sleep. It was the same moment that my bed shifts suddenly below me. My eyes shoot open to find a sleeping Kyran underneath my naked body with a puddle of drool on his big chest.

I squeal out in shock and throw myself off him. The blanket that's still tangled in my legs also falls to the cold hard floor with me, helping soften my blow. I audibly groan out at my fall, my side muscles scream at me and I find it difficult to move. The cold air brushes over my exposed nipples which makes me recall the events of yesterday.

"Jesus Adeline, you okay?!" Kyran mumbles huskily from the bed, his voice thick with sleep. I turn my head his way and catch him already looking at me.

"D-dont look!" I yell out, despite knowing he's already seen everything. I grab hold of the blanket below me and desperately throw it around my body in a scramble. Kyran makes a weird noise in the back of his throat at my pathetic attempts to hide from him.

I can hear him shuffle himself up off the couch in front of me, I try to hide my bright red face behind the blanket in my hand. Kyrans fingers grasp the blanket that's in front of me and pulls it to the side, getting a glance at my face.

"Seriously Addie, you alright?" I take a quick peek his way before averting my eyes again and shrugging my shoulders. He sighs at my response and lets go of the blanket, dropping it back onto my face.

I can hear him moving around and it makes me peek back out and take a glance at what he's doing. I see him walking away behind the couch and towards the stairs with nothing but boxers on. His muscular torso is on complete display with the couch covering his lower half. He takes a few more steps before reaching the end of the couch and showing off the rest of his body, giving me a good glance at what he is hiding in his boxers.

I quickly cover myself face back up with the blanket. My cheeks burn even hotter than before, I feel mortified that I saw that. His dick straining against the thin fabric of his boxers was not what I was expecting.

I hold the blanket over myself for a while longer as I hide from the world, I can't believe I'd made such a fool of myself. From falling into the river yesterday, Kyran seeing my naked body yesterday and then again this morning. I let go of the blanket and I put my head in my hands, cursing myself internally.

Taking one more big breath in, I finally brave the outside world and take a good look around the now empty room. Just making sure Kyran definitely isn't here still before I embarrass myself even further.

I slowly push the blanket off my body and work on untangling my legs. I take my time to kick it off properly. Once I manage, I bring it back to cover my body and stand up with a big stretch. Working all the cramped up and sore muscles with a big yawn.

I make my way to my room, tripping up the stairs occasionally because the massive blanket keeps getting under my feet.

I continue to curse at it as I enter the room and close the door behind me. Letting it drop to the floor with a sigh of relief. My burning arms probably couldn't hold it up much longer anyway.

It doesn't take me long to find clothes on my new shelf and lazily throw them on. I groan in annoyance as I remember my small bra still sitting in the bathroom.

I debate going out and getting it but the bed beside me calls my name despite having woken up not even 10 minutes ago. I stare at it, willing it to stop looking so appealing but I finally cave in. I flop my sore and tired body down with a little bounce from the bed as I land, sighing into the pillow below me.

I turn my head and stare at the blankets that I left on the floor while my eyes drift close. I wish I had grabbed them, it's really cold in the bedroom. That doesn't stop me from completely crashing asleep without them though.

______________

"Hey sweet Adeline" A soft hand runs its way along my face, I hum out at the soothing action in my sleep.

"Why'd you run?" A voice whispers from my side as the hand continues. I turn my head slightly into the movement, enjoying the feeling.

"Adeline," It says sweetly from beside me again, making me wake up slightly. I hum out again in question, wondering what they could want. The hand running along my face abruptly stops, gripping onto my hair near my scalp hard.

I open my eyes in panic and hiss from the pain. Seeing Alex's twisted smile in front of my face, my heart drops into my stomach and my body freezes.

"Why did you fucking run Adeline!?" He yells this time, moving my face closer to his. He spits out saliva onto my face with each word.

My frozen body kicks into gear and I thrash myself away from him. I throw my arms and legs out, desperate to make any attempt to stop him.

"Adeline, stop it!" I hear him say as I throw my body around. My eyes are squeezed shut as my hands make contact with his body. Hitting him as hard as I can.

"Adeline!" He says again, sounding more distorted. I violently tug at my head, ripping my hair in the process.

"It's me, Adeline, it's just me" I can hear him reassure me, not sounding like himself anymore.

"Please" I plead out with a sob. I feel his arms wrap around me, stopping me from thrashing away from him. He shushes me quiet as he attempts to hold me still, I try to pull against him and get away while sobs wreck through my body.

I open my eyes to look for a way out, only stopping short when I find myself wrapped up in Kyrans arms instead of Alex.

It must've all been a dream. I'm safe, Alex isn't here and I'm safe in Kyrans arms.

He must have felt my body sag because his arms start to go slack around me, I quickly wrap my shaking arms around his waist in return and sobbed into his shoulder.

"That was one hell of a dream, huh?" He says as he smooths a hand over my hair. I cry out a quick laugh in between my sobs. I take deep breaths and calm my trembling body down.

After a few minutes, I finally release Kyran from my death grip and lean back. A wet patch takes up most of his shoulder and it makes me cringe inside.

"Sorry" I sheepishly say, pointing at his shoulder. He looks down at the patch and lets out a snort.

"A little bit of snot never hurt anyone," He says, making my face heat up at the thought of most of it probably being snot. He shakes his head at my now red face and reaches down on the floor.

"I was trying to put your blankets on you but you lost your shit before I could even get close" He explains, lifting the blanket by his feet to show me. I wonder why he would even be in the room to begin with.

He gently places the blanket over my legs and tucks it in. His hands feel nice against my legs as he fusses around. I silently watch him, despite his calm exterior his constant fiddling makes it seem like he's less than calm.

"I uh, just wanted to check in on you to see how you're feeling after yesterday." He blurts out, making me die inside a little. Of course he brings up yesterday. I internally groan at the fact that we couldn't just pretend that it never happened.

"Do you mind if I?" He hints towards my forehead, reaching forward I'm assuming to check my temperature. I lean my body forwards and he places his hand against my head as I thought.

"Do you feel hot or cold? He asks as he holds his hand against me for a tense moment and then pulls away. I simply shake my head no, trying to avoid prolonging the conversation.

"What about soreness? Does anywhere hurt?" He pushes on, I shake my head no again despite my very sore body telling me otherwise. I pray that he'll just drop the topic already and we can move on.

He watches me for an uncomfortably long time, I'm not sure what to do so I watch my hands in my lap fiddle with each other while he does whatever it is he's doing.

"I went hunting just before I came to check on you," He flips the conversation, I could almost physically breathe a sigh kn relief that it was over.

"There seems to hardly be any game out at the moment, which makes it hard to feed the both of us." He carries on, piquing my interest. We don't have a lot left in the cupboards so I'm not sure what we're going to eat if we run out.

"It got me thinking, and it pains me to say this but we might have to go back to town again already" He says almost dramatically. It draws a small laugh out of me in reply, he looks over at me from the edge of the bed with a side-eye that has me quieting back up.

"That's fine" I don't really want to go back to town admittedly but if it means we'll have food then I'd do it, I'm definitely not staying up here alone while Kyran goes on his own to town.

"Couldn't help but notice that you probably need a new bra anyways" Kyran tries to joke. It makes me choke on some saliva instead and I start coughing like an absolute manic.

"Geez Addie, it was just a joke" He tries to smooth over while he pats me on the back, my face is bright red from both embarrassment and the coughing fit. I glare at him as I try to recover from his sudden blow.

His comment makes me feel consciously self-aware all of a sudden so I cover my chest with my free hand. Why does he have to bring this up again, just when I thought he'd let it go. He has to be doing it on purpose.

We sit in really awkward and uncomfortable silence for way too long. I'm begging that he'll take the hint that I want him to leave but he continues to sit next to me. Pretending like he doesn't hear me psychically screaming at him.

He clears his throat and looks me directly in the eye, catching me off guard.

"I also wanted to apologize about yesterday, I know it was kind of awkward and my jokes aren't helping but I just wanted you to know that I was sorry" He rushes out, I audibly groan out in frustration this time. So tired of his talking already.

"I don't want you to think I was being a creep or anything, I didn't expect to see you completely nake-"

"Stop it! Please I'm begging you just stop." I yell out, so mortified that he's STILL carrying on. I'd probably have a heart attack and die right now if he keeps going.

Thankfully it seems to have gotten the message across as he goes silent and looks at me with wide eyes. It makes me drop my face into my hands and groan again. Kyran laughs at my display, digging my frustration to a whole new level.

"Stop laughing! Just go away, you're such a bully." I moan out as I bury myself back down into the bed.

He stands up from the bed as I hide away from him. I peak out in between my fingers and watch him as he walks out of the room. Admiring the way his body moves as he walks away from me.

~~~~

Authors note 💕

Please don't forget to give this chapter that pretty little star 💫 It makes all the difference and warms my heart every time!

It's been SO long since my last update. I've spent the last few weeks in hospital with my son, the poor little guy is very sick. I'll do my best to be a bit more consistent from here on out but he will be my #1 priority 🥺 Thank you guys xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348 25 35
Adeline is an ambitious girl who meets a guy alex who is younger than her and ends up falling in love with her, there story takes a turn when alex le...
98.3K 1.9K 40
She is cold and ruthless She is a monster a killer She has secrets Her own betrayed her Her own broke her She need to love a second chance When...
6.2K 388 9
There is one rule in the game. And it needs to be broken. There is one goal. And when you attain it, you die. Wolves are hiding in the woods, just wa...
17.9K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...