NIGHT DROP( A Eric the Red th...

By jdoggy

Eric the red Donovan, Navy seal sniper turned CIA black ops assassin is on a mission in Oslo, Norway to trac... More

Cover page
Chapter one: Offcially he doesn't exist
Chapter two: When you move, fall like a Thunderbolt
Chapter three: Let your plans be dark and impenetrable
Chapter four: Do not fear those who operate in the shadows
Chapter 5: One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place
Chapter 6: Move swift as the wind and closely formed as the wood
Chapter: 7 Appear weak are you strong
Chapter 8: Always have an escape plan
Chapter 9: A Good spy goes in and fights
Chapter 10: There will always be spies
Chapter 11: You have to slow your heart rate,and shoot between your heartbeats.
Chapter 12: Black on black
Chapter 13: Buy a bullet
Chapter 14: You need to not fear of hundred battles
Chapter 15: Legend
Chapter 16: Remain in the shadows
Chapter 17: It's the oldest question who can spy on the spies
Chapter 18:In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity
Chapter 20: Be subtle and use your spies for very kind of business
Chapter 21: Spy is waiting
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 19: Secret operations are essential in war

42 4 17
By jdoggy

Oslo,  Norway

Holiday thought back to when he'd operated deep cover in the Moscow embassy as a cultural attaché and his training through decades of fieldwork; had made him what he was today, an effective and efficient handler of Night drop and Red. The world was becoming more dangerous each moment and with new threats rising; Like a Headshot, Night drop was needed. He knew that if Huntley sold Thunderstorm to Rogue countries or even to Russia, there would be stopping them. And every CIA, and MI6 Operating under deep cover would be assassinated by these unstoppable assassins.

He despises people like Huntley who only cared about making a profit from a new war or Cold War at whatever cost, all the work he had done in the past with Miguel in Moscow would be undone by headshot He would be marked man hunted by Russian assassins for the rest of his life, Eric might be even hunted down and almost killed. Well, he wasn't going to let that happen. Plus, there were certain secrets he'd Kept along with details of the assets he'd gathered over the years when he had operated in Moscow.

He reached into his pocket, as he removed his burner entered ten digits encrypted number for President Roberts at the White House, although he'd run Night drop and was Red's handler he only to President Roberts. After all, she'd authorized the black-on-black Solo operation.

He was aware Huntley had powerful assets high up in the echelons of the Pentagon who liked Thunderstorm and what it represented for them: An unstoppable army of assassins for covert operations on foreign soil or profit was good for them. 

He figured and knew that Callan had provided him with the assets he needed to keep Headshot in business, which meant he was going to need an ally and President Roberts was the perfect one. The key to bringing down the assassin organization network of assassins was Trond Gunner. Maybe they could even recruit him as an asset to work for them.

-----------------------

President Roberts grabbed the phone on the Resolute desk as she answered and asked "Holiday this unexpected from you what I can do for you?"

"Madame President, I'm going to need you as an ally, I know that you authorized black solo operation. I think Huntley is going to be a problem for us, " he told her.

"Holiday, Don't worry about Huntley. You got my full support from my administration," She stated.

"Thunderstorm is a CIA black ops program to create unstoppable assets Madame President, if Huntley sells that advanced technology to a rogue country or Russia they will have the upper hand on us and that wouldn't be good for us," Eric explained to President Roberts.

"We can't let that happen Holiday," She told him.

"Red, won't let that happen I assure you Madame President, he remarked ending the conversation on his burner.

While Huntley was a fixer, he was a former spy who had run and handled his network of assets in Russia and outsmarted some of the toughest foreign agents and assassins, so in a way, he wasn't a problem for him. If Huntley wanted a war, he would bring it to him. There was always a powerful General or even Politician willing to make some profits from some war, either if it meant betraying your country. He could see headlines now if a heated war broke out between Russia and the US. The spokesman for Headshot says President Roberts wanted a war while the Kremlin denies any plans to attack or involvement.

Still, he had to figure out who Headshot's target was, that they were going to order a hit on. That was going to be risky. Everything was pointing to this party in Corfu, Greece and Thunderstorm. Miguel had once told him when he was trained at the CIA farm secret training camp not to miss anything and question everything, he'd taken the advice he had operated under deep cover. So that was what he was going to do now.

He voiced through his Red's earpiece. " Red, Did you get to Gunner before the wet job team scrubbed him?"

"Yes, Gunner is with us now and the wet job team is eliminated," he voiced through Holiday earpiece.

"Get him to one of our safe houses," Holiday remarked.

"Maize is going to take Gunner to our safe while I go after Emlin," Eric replied through Holiday earpiece.

"Good, see if she can recruit him to work for us as an asset," he told Red.

"I will let her know," Eric stated, as he glanced over at Maize.

Holiday ended the conversation in his earpiece as he thought There was no intelligence on the location of the Headshot organization. It finally dawn on him that Callan had used the assets he had inside the CIA and maybe even the NSA to make sure that there was no intel on it. It made sense to him to after it would be the smart thing to do. Their only hope of finding out where it was Gunner.

For him, it was all about timing and putting everything together. That was what intelligence was, but when there was no intel too, gather he was left with fewer options and the private party was drawing closer. He exited out of the operations centre and made his way over to the counter where he kept his chilled bottle of vodka. Reaching under the counter, he grabbed it and shot glass as he poured some into it. The first time he had a sip of it was when he was stationed in the United States embassy in Moscow.

As the strong liquid slowly burned down his throat, he favoured the taste as it numbed his nerves. He placed the shot glass down on the counter. He was missing something? But what was it? That was the question. Then he remembered an old saying from Popov after he had been recruited him in Moscow.

"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard,"

After a while, he placed the chilled bottle of vodka down under the counter, his world of shadowy intelligence was becoming more complex each moment. He headed back into the operations centre as he rubbed his chin, although he had looked into Emlin Medusa earlier. A sudden drop in his stomach told him that something wasn't right. He preferred getting intel the old way.

It was risky going to and dicey meeting this asset of his. After all, he was an ex-KGB chief who ran many agents over the years, but if he was going to find out more about Medusa and who she, really Was?  Intelligence work was always risky, but he did it methodically and discreetly. He strode out of the back room and emerged from behind the counter and exited the shop. Walking over to his Mazda, he surveyed the area before sliding in and closing the door behind him.

He flew to Moscow after that he rented a car and paid with money for it. He glanced sideways as he surveyed the parking lot. He couldn't be to be careful knowing that the FSB would be watching the airport. after all, he was a former spy. He slid in, closing the door behind and headed over to the United States embassy. Glancing in his rearview mirror, he noticed that there were no vehicles behind him. It felt odd being back in Russia after those years.

He arrived at the embassy parking outside, stepped out and closed the door behind him. He strode way down the old worn gray cobblestone passing through a crow, he knelt pretending to his shoe to see if he could spot any FSB agent tailing him. So far, so good, he thought to himself. He dashed across several streets in a steady jog, he slowed his pace as he came to Gorky Park, which extended several acres beyond it with a swath of green between the southwest loop of the river and the sharp slope of Sparrow hill.

He made his way over to a bench,sat down on it as he observed people strolling casually by him. A couple walked by holding hands, not paying attention to him. If Headshot wanted him dead, he didn't believe they wouldn't go this far to do it, but nothing was impossible. They had gotten to Miguel in Washington DC and eliminated Davenport in Oslo. He brushes his hand against his shoulder holster, he was alert. He had to be here.

A few minutes later a man entered the park as he swiftly tucked his hands in his pocket, he strode up to the bench as his eyes darted back and forth looking for anything out of the ordinary and says. "Were you followed here?"

"No I wasn't Yuri, I made sure of that relax and sit down. I need some intel on an assassin named Emlin Fallen Medusa?"

The former Russian spy chief sat down on the bench beside Holiday and thought for a moment before he spoke. "She's not an assassin and her name isn't Emlin Medusa. Her real name is Valentina Petrov, and she's a sparrow for the Russian Intelligence service!"

Holiday froze for a second. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, but then his asset had never lied to him. Did HeadShot have a Russian sparrow working for them? He wouldn't rule out anything, still confused about Valentina Petrov, who was a suspected sparrow and who was now an assassin for the assassin organization. 

"Who's Valentina Petrov's handler," Holiday inquired.

"General Mikhail Grigorevich Sokolov, Head of GRU Counterintelligence, Yuri stated.

The Spetsnaz sniper peered through his scope on his deadly ghost black Orsis T-5000 Russian bolt action sniper rifle, his finger resting on the trigger. His orders were to eliminate Vasilyev and Holiday. He held his breath and fired. The rifle recoiled as the hot smoking flipped outside beside him and the round soared out of the muzzle, striking the old Russian spy chief in his head as he dropped to the ground.

Holiday jolted to his feet as he whipped out his Sig as sprinted with all his might as another round was fired from the distance. It was too late for his asset, but not for him still taking in everything his asset had told him about Valentina Petrov. He darted down the cobblestone heading for his vehicle, he pondered if Headshot had any connections to the Russian intelligence or if they had someone inside the Kremlin on their payroll.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867 63 26
Agent Morris lives with a haunted past, but his life soon changed when he took on the task to deliver a young kidnapped victim.
5.6K 211 43
When two girls have been professionally trained to be spies and for any mission. They have been trained; how to lie, get out of dangerous situations...
343K 4.5K 9
An immigrant escapes abduction with nothing to his name. He finds refuge in the arms of a man with dark secrets and an unknown origin. Theirs is a ki...
26 1 21
We were wanted, dead or alive. Bon Jovi predicted it. ********** In this gripping thriller, sassy Lillian and sweet Genevieve are inseparable best fr...