Lost in the Love Letter

adb528 द्वारा

Mandy was always one to falsely romanticize her life. She found her first love at a young age in her Martial... अधिक

before we begin - author's note
ch. 1 - intro
ch. 2 - the big news
ch. 3 - the first goodbye
ch. 4 - making the move
ch. 5 - new beginnings
ch. 6 - the boy
ch. 7 - questions
ch. 9 - offense vs defense
ch. 10 - feeling the heat
ch. 11 - live a little
ch. 12 - a glimpse of the past
ch. 13 - partners
ch. 14 - twists and turns
ch. 15 - a formal reunion
ch. 16 - feuds and photos
ch. 17 - a class act
ch. 18 - helping hands
ch. 19 - the candle burns again
ch. 20 - a happy ending

ch. 8 - encounters

17 1 0
adb528 द्वारा

*the next day*

Mandy was excited for her date with Dominic. She hadn't had a first date in so long, which made her nervous too. Although she'd already met him, she had only known him 2 days. But nevertheless, Mandy really liked Dominic and was ready for today. They both agreed to head over to a local coffee shop after school and just chat.

That morning, Mandy put on a light blue sundress. It was an A-line, with ruffles at the bottom and on the sleeves. It was the perfect balance between school dress code and a casual date.

When she arrived into first period, Hunter was (unfortunately) already in his seat, which was still next to Mandy's. She didn't want to let him bother her, so she headed to her seat and set up her supplies, hoping Dominic would arrive soon. 

Hunter: "Hey again"

Mandy: "Hi" *she remained focused on getting her things set up*

Hunter: "Wow, you sound enthusiastic"

Mandy: *she paused and looked up at him* "I'm sorry, what?"

Hunter: "I was joking, lighten up. *he smiled*

She looked at him, puzzled, and noticed Dominic finally entered.

Thank God.

Dominic: "Morning Manda! *he smiled* You ready for today?"

Mandy: "You bet."

Dominic: "You look so pretty."

Mandy: "Aww.. thank you! You look good too."

Hunter: *throwing himself into their conversation* "Wow, you could never accept compliments back when I knew you."

Mandy: "Excuse me? I-"

Dominic: "Haha um.. what? You two know each other?"

Mandy: "Yes but-"

Hunter: "Yeah I knew Amanda, we used to be really close."

Dominic: *forcing a polite smile* "It's Mandy."

Hunter: "I know." *they exchanged a stern look*

Mandy: "Well, Hunter, people change. Besides, you don't know anything about me now, so please drop it." *she attempted a gentle smile to not sound mean*

Mandy looked at Dominic, signaling him to forget about it. Hunter looked to Mandy and raised an eyebrow. 

Hunter: "I don't know, Amanda, you'd be surprised at what I know about you."

Mandy: "I- *she pauses to take in that last half of his respose* I go by Mandy now, can't you just call me that please."

Hunter: "I prefer Amanda... it reminds me of us in the old days.

Mandy: "Hunter, I'm leaving... I've already left -  those days behind me. I'm sorry but I'm really not interested in taking a trip down memory lane."

Before he could respond, the bell rang and class began. They didn't exchange any words after.

————————————————————————————

*the end of school*

Dominic: "Ready?"

Mandy: "Yes!"

Dominic: "Okay let's go in my car, and then when we're done we can head back here to pick up your car."

Mandy: "Sounds good."

They headed to his car. He drove a grey Jeep.

He opened the door for her (which she took note of) and then started driving to the coffee shop. The cafe was less than 5 minutes away from their school.

Mandy: "Wow, we could've walked."

Dominic: "Haha, I guess we could have."

They headed inside and headed to the front register to order.

Dominic: "What would you like?"

Mandy: "Hm I can't decide between tea or coffee, what do you recommend?"

Dominic: "Well, I'm getting my usual: The Vanilla Ice Cream Coffee. It's literally coffee with vanilla ice cream in it."

Mandy: "Woah, that sounds good!"

Employee: "What can I get for you two?"

Dominic gestured for Mandy to order first.

Mandy: "I'll have a Matcha Green Tea Latte please."

Dominic: *he gave a shocked but playful look at Mandy, then turned to the worker* "I'll have my usual, Jane."

Mandy: "You come here often?"

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled as he pulled out his wallet. Mandy reached out to stop him. 

Mandy: "No, let me pay."

Dominic: "No, I'm the one who asked you."

Mandy: "But-"

Dominic: "I insist."

Mandy: "Well, thank you."

He paid, and then they grabbed a booth to wait for their order.

Dominic: "I'm a little offended. You didn't get my awesome recommendation?!"

Mandy: "I wanted the Matcha! It sounded good. Maybe I'll just have a sip of yours if it's that great."

Dominic: "Yes, you have to try mine cause you're gonna regret not ordering it. But I don't know... how can you choose something green over ice cream?"

Employee: "Order for Dominic!"

Dominic: "I'll get our drinks, hold on" *he got up and headed over to the counter*

?: "Enjoying your little date?"

Mandy whipped her head around. Her eyes widened; It was Hunter

Mandy: "What are you doing here?!"

Hunter: "It's a free country; I just wanted to get some coffee."

Mandy: "Can you leave please? As you pointed out, I'm here with a date."

Hunter: "I'll get out of your hair, but you need to know... Dominic's not all that great. I don't think he's good for you."

Mandy: "Huh?? How can you say that? You don't know me, and I don't want you involved in my dating life."

Hunter: "Okay... *he started walking away, but muttered,* "but that letter said otherwise..."

Mandy burst up out of her chair and gasped. He turned around and smirked before heading out the door. Dominic then came back. 

Dominic: "What are you doing up?"

Mandy: "Um, sorry... I thought I saw something."'

He gave her the matcha drink, and placed 2 straws in his drink.

Dominic: "Okay, you have to try it." 

Mandy smiled and pulled the cup towards her. She took a sip and sat back. 

Mandy: "WOW! That is actually so good!" 

Dominic: "Told you so!" 

Mandy: "Okay here *she pushes her drink towards him* try this."

Dominic: "Are you gonna poison me with this green stuff?"

Mandy: "No! Try it, you never know if you like it until you try it." *she laughed*

Dominic: "If you say so..." *he took the drink and tasted it; his eyes brightened up and he smiled*

Mandy: "Final thoughts?"

Dominic: "I'm shocked! This is actually great! I think I'll get this next time."

Mandy: "Told you so haha!"

Dominic: "The only flaw... it's still green."

Mandy: "Oh please" *she said sarcastically while laughing*

They spent the next hour and a half talking. They both had so much fun, and shared lots of laughter. Afterwards, they drove back over to the school. Mandy's car was the only one still in the parking lot.

Mandy: "Thanks for today, I had a great time. Probably the most fun I've had with someone since I moved here."

Dominic: "Of course. I did too. Maybe we can get together again soon."

Mandy: "For sure!" *she leaned and kissed him on the cheek*

Then they both headed to their homes, filled with butterflies, and joy. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

681 40 14
𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 a name unheard of. Except by one, of course. The one who simply got away. Five years ago her best friend moved to a diffe...
132K 3.8K 37
Sofia is an ordinary girl, trying to live her life as normally as possible. Being a teen in high school isn't easy for her. Especially finding her pl...
6K 861 35
Karan still likes his ex-girlfriend and wants to get back with her. He even changed schools and keeps on trying... ...
Being Bad kathleen fade द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

10.8K 430 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...