How Far Can Secrets Go

By Alexandria618293

More

Chapter 1

2 0 0
By Alexandria618293

Someone told me secrets can destroy lives. I never believed them until now. I was kidnapped when I was 3 years old. I never knew my biological parents. I didn't know I was kidnapped until I was 12. I dyed my hair purple a year later and I went to underground fighting clubs. I didn't fight in them until I was 15. I went there every Tuesday and every Thursday every other Wednesday and occasionally Friday. I also do graffiti. Those aren't the secrets that destroy my life.

"Raven!" mom called up the stairs.

"Coming mom!" I yelled back. I walked downstairs. "What's up?"

"Dinner is ready." She responded. Dinner is cheeseburger and French fries.

"How was school?" Dad asked.

"It was fine." I replied. I went upstairs and took out my homework out of my backpack. My phone dings. There is a message from my best friend, Phoenix. Remember there is a test tomorrow and you are coming to my house after school. I responded with oh yea I forgot see you tomorrow. I did my homework and I studied for my math test. It took me 2 hours to do. It was late so I went to bed. I'm a light sleeper I heard a bump downstairs around 2:30am. I got up and walked downstairs to see what it was. It was just Rebel my Pit Bull. I ran back upstairs and climbed back into bed. I couldn't go back to sleep. I been reading "A good girl's guide to murder". When I finished the book my alarmed went off. I turned off my alarm and hopped in the shower. I got out and I put on a demi blue ripped jeans, a black long sleeve t-shirt, and black Addia's shoes. I rushed downstairs, grabbed backpack, and headed out the door. The school is walking distance from my house. I got school 5 minutes later.

"Hey, bestie! Phoenix exclaimed walking to me at my locker.

"Hey girl!" I responded.

"You still coming over after school?" Phoenix asked.

"Yea." I answered. The bell rang a second time and we dashed to class, so we weren't late. English class is first we are writing an essay on Romeo and Juliet. We are starting with a graphic organizer and planning to start to write a rough draft. The bell rang when class over. Phoenix and I were not in the same science class. In science class we did an experiment there was 5 minutes left in class. I was drawing everyone else was talking. I like to draw a tree going through the four seasons. My next class is my favorite art. Today in art it just a free draw. I'm drawing of a bird in nest on a tree. Lunch is next. I didn't feel like eating today so I went to the library I didn't read or anything I like how quiet it is. I walked into one of the aisles and sat down. I leaned against the bookshelf, and I fell asleep. 20 minutes later I heard Phoenix yelling my name.

"Phoenix, stop yelling. I said walking out of the library.

"You weren't in lunch." Phoenix declared.

"I was in the library I fell asleep." I responded. Let's get to class before we're late." We walked to our lockers to switch out our books and rushed to class. Social Studies is my least favorite class. I tend not to listen in this class. I can't pay attention because it's boring. Next class is math we have a test today. I hope I pass. All class we did the test after the test we could do anything, but it has to be quiet. Class was finally over. Phoenix and I met at the front of the school. Her house is 15 minutes walking distance from the school. We got to her house, and no one was but her brother, Cole. He has dirty blonde hair blue eyes. He's 6'1. Cole is 2 years older than Phoenix and I, so he is 17.

"My parents are not home, but my brother is home. He shouldn't bother us." Phoenix stated. We walked to her room which is on the second door on the left.

"I have some crazy information, but you can't tell anyone. I'm kidnapped. I was kidnapped when I was three I didn't until I was 12." I proclaimed. Phoenix was in shock she didn't say anything.

"You were what!" Cole screamed.

"I said I was ki-" I affirmed

"I know what you said but what." He interrupted.

"Do they know that you know you were kidnap? Do you know your actual parents?" Phoenix responded.

"No, they don't know that I know. No, I don't know my birth parents." I answered.

"Why did you kept this a secret and why haven't you gone to the police? Cole questioned.

"I didn't go to the cops because I don't have to." I stated. "And don't call them."

"Fine, but if anything happens to you, I'm calling." Cole argued walking out.

"Hey, Phoenix come with me I have to show you something." I commanded. We walked out the down the street and we took a left down an alley.

"Whoa this is Uh beautiful." Phoenix stated.

"Yea, I did it. I like drawing it so instead I sprayed painted on the wall." I confessed.

"You do graffiti." She yelled.

"Don't yell do you want me arrested." I shushed her.

We went back to Phoenix's house and watch tv in her bedroom. She fell asleep 20 minutes into the movie. I watched the entire movie, and I turned the tv off then I fell asleep. I woke scared. I tiptoed downstairs so I don't wake anyone up. I got a glass of water and sat down at the bar. I just stared at the wall thinking holding half cup of water.

"Raven. Raven. Raven!" Cole called.

"Huh what?" I said as I fell off backwards of my seat before I hit the ground Cole caught me.

"Whoa what's wrong?" He asked standing me on my feet.

"It's nothing I just got scared." I answered.

"Why are you down here anyways?" Cole questioned.

"I woke up scared, so I came down to get a cup of water." I informed. "I'm good."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yea, I'm good" I reassured him. You can go back to bed."

"Aren't you going back to bed?" he replied.

"No once I wake up, I can't go back to sleep." I declared.

"Do you wake up in the middle of the night a lot?" Cole inquired.

"You ask a lot of questions." I stated. "But to answer your question yea I do. I can never go back to sleep, so I read a book or stare at the ceiling."

"Follow me come watch tv with me." He told me. We walked over to couch and sat down. He put on Grown Ups.

"You are really trying to keep me awake." I laughed. We both laughed and he stated the movie. He holds me in his arms after he put the remote down. 45 minutes into the movie Cole fell asleep. Tried to get out of his arms and he wouldn't budge.

"Don't move stay here." He whispered. I just laid there in his arms. A few hours later I almost fell asleep then the sunshine through the windows. I got up and went over to the kitchen. Then I walked upstairs into Phoenix's room. I sat on the bed and scrolled through Instagram until Phoenix woke up.

"Hey sleepy beauty." I joked. Phoenix laughed.

"Let's go get something to eat." She insisted. We walked downstairs Cole is still sleeping on the couch. Phoenix got bowls and I opened the fridge and got the milk out. Phoenix poured both of us Lucky Charms. About 5 minutes later Cole grabbed a bowl of Lucky Charms.

"I'm going to the bathroom be right back." Phoenix stated.

"Did you go back to sleep last night?" Cole asked.

"Like I told I can't go back to sleep so the answer is no I didn't." I replied. "I did like you holding me as it help a little, but as soon as I felt tired. The sun came up it shined through the window and blinded me." Phoenix came back to the kitchen.

"What are we doing today?" She asked.

"We could go explore this abandoned house I saw the other day." I suggested.

"Sounds like fun." Phoenix agreed.

"I'm coming with." Cole insisted.

"Ok, but if you get scared you can always back out." I joked. Phoenix and I laughed. Cole just rolled his eyes. Phoenix and I rushed upstairs to her room and got dressed. I'm wearing light blue ripped jeans white and purple stripped t-shirt and my Addias sneakers. Phoenix is wearing black leggings, white short sleeves t-shirt and Nike sneakers. We walked downstairs and Cole was already waiting for us. He's wearing ripped jeans, white plain t-shirt, and black Addias sneakers. We walked out the door and walked to the abandoned house. It took us 20 minutes to get there.

"Be careful." I warned them. We walked in a room it had two sinks and a rundown stove. In the other rooms there isn't anything but sprayed paint on the walls.

"Let's go upstairs." Cole suggested. We carefully walked on the beam and up the stairs. The rooms had sprayed paint on the walls.

"I'm getting a bit creeped out." Phoenix shuddered.

"It's ok nothing is going to happen." I assured her.

"I want to leave." Phoenix insisted.

"Ok we'll leave." Cole answered. We carefully walked down the stairs. I was the last one down the stairs I put my foot on the wrong spot and I fell I quickly grabbed on the beam.

"Holy shit!" I yelled.

"Raven!" Cole shouted. Cole and Phoenix helped me up. We got out of there. My leg is bleeding, and my ankle is hurt.

"Are you ok?" Phoenix asked.

"I hurt my ankle and my leg is bleeding other than that I'm fine." I replied. While we were walking back to the house, I nearly fall then Cole catches me.

"Whoa slow down." Cole stated. He sat me down on the bench nearby. "Your ankle looks swollen. It looks very bad."

"I'm fine I can walk on it." I declared.

"You can barely walk on it let me help." Cole requested. We rushed back to the house and Cole sat me down at the kitchen table. Phoenix got a rag and wet it. She cleaned the blood off my leg. Cole went to the freezer and got ice.

"Go over to the couch and put ice on your ankle." He demanded. I limped over to the couch and elevated my foot and put ice on my ankle. About 5 minutes later I took the ice off of my ankle and I fell asleep.

"Raven. Raven, wake up." Phoenix shook me awake.

"What? Why did you wake me?" I questioned.

"You screamed and were also tossing and turning." Cole responded. He hugged me. "You're shaking."

"I'm fine." I assured him as I pulled out of the hug. Phoenix and I went upstairs and sat in the bed. Phoenix turned on the tv and put on Supernatural.

"My brother likes you." Phoenix muttered.

"What makes you think that?" I remarked.

"He cares about you, and I saw how he hugged you." She explained. "And I ship you two." She smiled. We continued watching Supernatural. After 6-episode Phoenix turned the tv off and we fell asleep. For the first time ever, I slept through the night. I woke up at 6:30 am. I sat up and took my phone off the charge I watched Tic Tok until Phoenix woke up. It was 8 am when we went downstairs my ankle was starting to hurt again. I got ice and let it sit on my ankle.

"How's the ankle?" Cole chuckled.

"It still hurts but the swollen went down." I replied. My phone rings. I answered. "I got to go. I'll see you at school."

"Who was it?" Phoenix asked.

"It was my mom she said she I need to get home now. I'll text you later bye." I responded with a smile. I got home in 10 minutes. I saw mom and dad sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hey sweetheart." Mom greeted.

"We got you a bracelet." Dad chimed in.

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed. "I'm going to my room."  I walked to my room, and I pulled my phone out and there is a message from Cole. Just checking that you got home. It read. I message back yea I got home alright. For the rest of the day, I just read books. It was 12am when I went to bed.

I woke up to my alarm going off. I got up and got in the shower. I got dressed grabbed my backpack and headed out the door. I got to school after 5 minutes later. I walked to my locker.

"That bracelet looks familiar." A girl said to me as she was walking up to me.

"Oh, where did you see it before?" I asked.

"I saw it on one of my friend's friends before. No one has seen her since Saturday night." She said waking away. I walked to class thinking about what she said. All day I been thinking what she said. It's been a long day. After school I went to my locker and put my books in there.

"Hey Raven." Phoenix cheered.

"Hey Phoenix." I greeted. "Have you seen this bracelet?"

"Actually, the bracelet does look familiar." She replied. "I don't know this girl personally, but her name is Maeve. I believe her last name is Selene."

"I got to go I'll call you later." I rushed home. The parents aren't home yet. I snuck into their bedroom. I searched everywhere and I couldn't find anything. I searched the closet, and I found a box of pictures. I also found a box filled with jewelry. I took pictures of the boxes and I put them back and I dashed to my room. I heard them come in the door. I pulled out my phone and sent the pictures to a group chat of Phoenix and Cole. I messaged after sending the pictures. Look what I found in the parent's closet. One box is filled with pictures the other on is filled with jewelry I think they're from the victims. Cole messaged what the fuck! Phoenix wrote what hell! Do you think they're dead? I don't know I didn't know they still do this. I'm kind of scared. I responded. I walked downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Mom questioned.

"I'm going for a walk." I answered walking out the door. I don't know where to walk I just needed to get out of there. I walked to my underground fighting club. My name is Snake here. No one knows my real name. No one knows anyone here personally. While I was standing there a guy walked up to me, he looks about 19 years old.

"Hey my name is Cobra." He greeted.

"I'm Snake." I responded.

"Whoa the famous Snake. People talk about you, you're badass. I didn't think you be so young though." He stated.

"How young do you think I am?" I questioned.

"13." Cobra answered.

"No, I'm not that young I'm 15." I corrected him. I walked away and on the rink. The referee yelled, who wants to fight Snake? No one answered for a while then someone in the back came up. The referee announce, on the left is a champion Snake on the right is Slasher. The fight lasted for 7 minutes he pulled a knife on me 5 minutes of the fight, but I still knocked him out. Our winner is Snake. There is a cut from the right side to the left side on my stomach. It's not deep but it may need stitches. I went to the bathroom to bandage it up. I rushed home. It was 2 am when I got back so the parents are in bed. I went to bathroom to bandage my cut better it doesn't look bad, but it will leave a scar. I went to sleep. I woke to my alarm. I turned it off. I walked to my bathroom and put clean bandage on it. My ankle started to hurt again. I had sometime before school, so I walked downstairs and put ice on it. I saw the time and I was going to be late if I don't get ready now. I dashed upstairs and got dressed in black leggings and a white t-shirt.

"Hey Raven." Cole called out behind me.

"Hey." I replied.

"Are you ok you're limping again." He declared.

"Yea, I'm fine. It just hurts." I assured him.

"Raven, are you sure your fine you're looking pale."

"I'm fi-."

"Raven!" Cole screamed. Then everything went dark. I woke up in a familiar room it's Cole's room. "Don't get up."

"What happened all I remember is you screaming my name." I asked.

"You fainted. And how did you get those bruises and that cut I noticed it when I was carrying you." He continued.

"Yesterday, I needed some air and ended up at the underground fighting club and someone pulled a knife on me during a fight." I explained.

"Don't get up please just rest." He insisted. "You need stitches."

"No, I'll be fine. It slowed down on bleeding." I assured him. "It'll stop soon."

"Come with me." Cole demanded as I followed him to the bathroom. He sat me down on the counter and started to stitch me up. "Promise me that you'll let yourself heal before going back."

"I promise." I agreed. I don't have the energy to argue. He looked at me and looked back at my cut. He looked back up at me and we locked eyes.

"Can you help me down?" I asked. He helped me down. He kissed my forehead. "I'm going to lay down I'm going to take a nap. I walked over to his bed and laid down. I fell asleep within minutes. An hour later I woke up. I walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey sleeping beauty." Cole laughed. "Want something to eat?"

"No, I'm not hungry." I lied. I was hungry but I didn't feel like eating.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yea, I'm fine I feel better than earlier today." I assured him. He stares at me. "What?"

"Oh, nothing I'm just admiring your beauty." He declared.

"Hey guys." Phoenix cheered walking in the door.

"Hey girl." I remarked.

"Why weren't you guys in school I was worried."

"I was walking to school-" I started to respond.

"And I caught up with her and she fainted, so I carried her to the house." Cole cut me off.

"Oh my god, are you ok?" She asked.

"Yea, I'm ok I just had a rough morning." I assure her. My phone dings. "I have to go mom wants me home." I rushed home.

"Why weren't you at school today?" She questioned.

"I didn't feel good." I answered. She just said ok. I went upstairs. I didn't have anything to do, so I took out my phone and read webtoon. After 40 minutes I felt extremely tired, so I fell asleep. I woke up at 6:40 am.

"Shit!" I yelled. I'm going to be late I thought. I quickly got dressed and dashed out the door. I ran to school. I got my books out of my locker and rushed to class. I made it just in time. School just dragged I had a break period. I went to my favorite spot outside. It has this cherry blossom tree and there is a river near it. It's a beautiful sight. I sat under the tree for 30 minutes. Then I had to get back to class. After all the classes were over. I hurried home. Luckily no one was home, so I went back to their room and look at the boxes. I found a picture of a younger version of me. This is when they took me. I had medium length black hair and my beautiful green eyes. I was wearing light blue dress I had a purple bracelet with a locket on it. I put the box pictures away and look for my bracelet. I found it. I hope they don't notice its gone. I put the box back and got out of the room. I went to my room and looked inside the locket it's a picture of me and my biological parents we look so happy. I read for the rest of the day I went to bed earlier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 86K 91
•UNDER EDITING• Abhimanyu Chowdhary-A mysterious 28 years old man. CEO of Chowdary group of companies. He has looks that every girl craves and go cra...
100K 2.6K 33
Fatima is a young and beautiful Muslim wife, her life gets turnt upside down when her husband gets a second wife.This is due to her not being able to...
13.1K 1.6K 26
twice of love💓
Khalifa By laiba

Mystery / Thriller

1.8M 101K 56
✵ featured ~ ❝Once upon a time in Baghdad, a street girl teaches the Khalifa of the kingdom why a king needs a queen.❞ ✵ Started: June 5, 2021. Comp...