‒𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ„π†πˆπππˆππ† 𝐎...

By The_Tomboy_13

Rowan Grace Winchester is the twelve year old, little sister of Sam and Dean Winchester. It had always been h... More

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
‒𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ‘πŽπ‹πŽπ†π”π„β€’
π“π‘πž 𝐏𝐒π₯𝐨𝐭
π–πžπ§ππ’π π¨
πƒπžπšπ 𝐒𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐁π₯𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐧
𝐇𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐧

𝐏𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦 π“π«πšπ―πžπ₯𝐞𝐫

1.7K 44 10
By The_Tomboy_13

Rory laid on the couch asleep, her blanket wrapped around her as she let out soft snores.

Dean slept in his bed on his stomach, his arms loosely hugging his pillow as his face was shoved into it.

Deans eyes opened when he heard the front door open. He slowly reached under the pillow, going for the blade that was under it.

He quickly raised up and saw Sam come around the corner.

"Morning, sunshine." Sam spoke as he held a bag in his hand, and three cups in the other arm.

"What time is it?" Dean groaned, looking over his shoulder to look at Sam.

"It's about 5:45." Sam stated.

"In the morning?" Dean asked.

"Yep."

"Where does the day go?" Dean let out a sigh as he rolled onto his side, looking at Sam.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He asked him.

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours." Sam said.

"Liar— 'cause me and Rory was up at 3:00, and you were watching a George foreman infomercial." Dean stated as he sat up on the bed, swinging his legs over the side of it as he looked past Sam, checking on their little sister who was still sound asleep.

"Hey, what can I say? It's riveting tv." Sam said, holding up everything in his arms.

"When was the last time you got a good nights sleep?" Dean asked his brother.

"I don't know. A little while, I guess. It's not a big deal." Sam shrugged.

"Yeah, it is." Dean nodded.

"I appreciate your concern." Sam told him with a chuckle.

"I'm not concerned. It's your job to keep my ass alive, and it's our job to keep her alive, so I need you sharp." Dean told him as he gestured to Rory. "Seriously, are you still having nightmares about Jess?"

Sam inhaled deeply as he walked over, sitting on his bed.

"Yeah." He answered. "But it's not just her. It's everything." He said as he gave Dean his coffee. "I just forgot, you know? This job— man, it gets to you."

"You can't let it. You can't bring it home like that." Dean told him as he took off the lid of his cup, taking a sip of his coffee.

"So, what? All this— it never keeps you up at night?" Sam asked.

Dean shook his head.

"Never? You're never afraid?" Sam questioned.

"No, not really." Dean shrugged.

Sam scoffed.

He leaned over to Deans pillow, pulling the blade out from under it. He held it up, showing it to his brother as if to prove him wrong.

"That's not fear." Dean said, taking the blade. "That is precaution." He stated, putting it back under his pillow.

"Alright, whatever. I'm too tired to argue." Sam shook his head.

The brothers looked up as they heard a quiet groaning noise. They looked over and saw a messy-haired red head, sitting up on the couch, rubbing her eyes.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Sam smirked a little.

"It's morning?" Rory groggily asked.

"Yeah." Dean nodded.

Rory looked towards the window seeing how bright it was.

"Wake me up when it's lunch time." She said, flopping back down on her pillow.

Dean chuckled.

"I have food." Sam stated.

Rory opened her eyes, letting them shift to Sam who held up the bag, showing it to her.

She grinned and drug herself out of the bed, making her way over to them and sitting down beside Sam. Sam gave her her breakfast sandwich, and her hot chocolate.

Dean told her she wasn't allowed to have coffee because she had adhd, and the last thing they needed was for her to be more hyper than she already was.

Sam ruffled Rory's hair as she took a bite out of the sandwich.

Deans phone then started ringing making the three siblings look up. Dean grabbed his phone off the bedside table, and looked down at it.

His eyes then shifted to his siblings as his brows were furrowed.

He flipped his phone open, and put it to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Dean, it's Jerry Panowski. You and your dad helped me out a couple years back."

"Oh, right, yeah, up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, the poltergeist thing." Dean nodded.

Rory tilted her head as Sam furrowed his brows.

"It's not back, is it?" Dean asked.

"No. No. Thank god, no." The man, Jerry, chuckled. "But it's something else, and, well, I think it could be a lot worse."

"What is it?" Dean asked him.

"Can we talk in person?"

Dean looked at his siblings.

~~~

"Thanks for making the trip so quick." Jerry said as they walked through the factory. "I ought to be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around."

Rory smiled as she saw all the big plane parts in the factory.

"Dean and your dad really helped me out." Jerry told Sam.

"Yeah, he told me. It was a poltergeist?" Sam questioned.

"Poltergeist?" A man walking by, spoke up. "I loved that movie."

"Hey, nobody's talking to you. Keep walking." Jerry told him, then turned to Sam. "Damn right it was a poltergeist—"

Rory stopped walking as she saw a group of men working on a big engine part to a plane. She smiled, being amazed as she had never seen any of this kind of stuff before.

"Row."

Rory looked up, seeing Dean looking at her, holding his hand out to her. Rory rushed to him, grasping onto his hand and walking beside him.

"Tell you something— if it wasn't for you and your dad, I probably wouldn't be alive." Jerry stated to Dean as they rounded a corner. "Your dad said you were off at college." He said to Sam. "Is that right?"

"Yeah, I was. I'm...taking some time off." Sam said.

"Well, he was real proud of you. I could tell." Jerry stated. "He talked about you all the time.

"He did?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah, you bet he did." Jerry nodded. "Oh, hey, I tried to get ahold of him, but I couldn't." He said, turning his head towards Dean. "How's he doing, anyway?"

"He's, um, wrapped up in a job right now." Dean said.

"Well, we're missing the old man." Jerry said.

"You have no idea." Rory said quietly making Dean look down at her.

He gently ran his thumb over her hand.

"But we have Sammy now!" She looked up from the floor.

Jerry smiled at the girl.

"Yeah? Even trade, huh?" He chuckled.

Dean laughed a little.

"No, not by a long shot." Sam shook his head with a chuckle.

"I got something I want you guys to hear." Jerry said, leading them around another corner.

~~~

"I listened to this. Well, it sounded like it was up your alley." Jerry said as he put a cd into a player. "Normally I wouldn't have access to this. It's the cockpit voice recorder for United Britannia flight 2485. It was one of ours." Jerry told them.

Rory slightly furrowed her brows as they heard frantic talking on the recording, and an alarm in the background. It turned into a crackling noise, then a low moaning.

Sam and Dean looked at each other, then the recording stopped.

"Took off from here, crashed about 200 miles south." Jerry said. "Now, they're saying mechanical failure. The cabin depressurized somehow. Nobody knows why. Over 100 people on board. Only seven got out alive. The pilot was one. His name is chuck lambert. He's a good friend of mine." Jerry said. "Chuck is, uh...well, he's pretty broken up about it, like it was his fault."

"You don't think it was?" Sam asked.

"No, I don't."

"Jerry, we're gonna need passenger manifests, a list of survivors—" Sam started listing off.

"Right, and any way we can take a look at the wreckage?" Dean asked, cutting in.

"The other stuff is no problem, but the wreckage— Fellas, the NTSB has it locked down in an evidence warehouse. No way I've got that kind of clearance." Jerry stated.

Dean made a face and nodded.

"No problem." He said.

~~~

"But why can't I have one?" Rory asked Dean as she looked at all the different posters on the wall in the copy jack store.

"Because, where are you even gonna keep it?" Dean questioned her.

"I can keep it in the backseat!" Rory stated.

"Rory, you're not getting a Lizard." Dean told her.

"But—"

"Rory." Dean chuckled.

"Fine." She huffed, turning to Dean.

She glanced at the floor, then looked up at Dean who turned, the cards in his hands.

"Are you sure I can't have a lizard?" Rory asked him.

"Yes, Rory, I'm sure." Dean put his hand on her head, turning her towards the door and leading her out of the store.

They walked out and saw Sam leaning against the impala, waiting for them.

Rory ran to Sam, and hugged him tightly.

"You guys have been in there forever." Sam stated.

"You can't rush perfection." Dean stated, holding up the cards, then giving one to Sam.

"Homeland security? That's pretty illegal, even for us." Sam stated.

"Yeah, well, it's something new, you know? People haven't seen it a thousand times." Dean stated as he walked around the car to the drivers side.

The three siblings got into the car, Rory sliding into the backseat while Sam slid into the passenger seat.

"Alright, so what do you got?" Dean asked Sam.

"Well, there's definitely E.V.P. on the cockpit voice recorder." Sam stated.

"Yeah?" Rory asked, leaning up towards the front seat.

"Listen." Sam pressed a key on his laptop, turning it towards his siblings.

It started playing.

"No survivors." A creepy, deep voice said.

Rory's eyes widened a little.

"No survivors?" She questioned.

"Yeah, what's that supposed to mean? There were seven survivors." Dean stated.

"Got me." Sam said.

"So, what are you thinking? A haunted flight?" Dean asked.

"There's a long history of spirits and death omens on planes and ships, like phantom travelers." Sam told them. "Or remember flight 401?"

"Right— the one that crashed, the airline salvaged its parts, put it in other planes, then the spirit of the pilot and copilot haunted those flights." Dean stated.

"Right."

"Yep."

Rory looked between them.

"Maybe we got a similar deal." Sam said.

"So, survivors— which one do you want to talk to first?" Dean asked as he held up the list of survivors.

"Third on the list— Max Jaffey." Sam said.

"Why him?" Dean asked.

"For one, he's from around here. And two, if anyone saw anything weird, he did." Sam stated.

"Why do you say that?" Rory asked.

"Well, I spoke to his mother, and she told me where to find him." Sam said, looking up at Rory.

~~~

"I don't understand." Max said. "I already spoke with homeland security." He stated.

"Right. Some new information has come up. So if you could just answer a couple questions..." Dean trailed off.

"Just before the plane went down, did you notice anything unusual?" Sam asked him.

"Like what?" Max asked.

"Strange lights, weird noises, maybe...voices." Dean said.

"No, nothing." Max shook his head.

Rory tilted her head at him.

"Hmm. Mr. Joffey—" Dean started as they sat down at a picnic table.

"Jaffey." Max corrected.

"Jaffey. You checked yourself in here, right?" Dean asked him.

Max nodded.

"Can i ask why?" Dean questioned.

"I was a little stressed. I survived a plane crash." He stated.

"Uh-huh. And that's what terrified you?" Dean asked. "That's what you were afraid of?"

"I-I don't want to talk about this anymore." Max told them.

"So, I think maybe you did see something up there." Dean pressed. "We need to know what."

"No. No, I was delusional— seeing things." Max said.

"He was seeing things." Dean said sarcastically to Rory who stifled a giggle.

Sam gave their brother a look.

"It's okay." He spoke up to Max. "Then just tell us what you thought you saw, please."

Max sighed.

"There was...this...man." He started. "And, uh, he had these eyes...these, uh...black eyes."

Rory looked at her brothers as they looked at each other.

"And I saw him— I thought I saw him..."

"What?" Dean asked.

"He opened the emergency exit."

Dean raised his brows.

"But that's impossible, right? I mean, I looked it up. There's something like two tons of pressure on that door." Max stated.

"Yeah." Dean said quietly.

"This man— did he seem to appear and disappear rapidly? It would look something like a mirage." Sam asked.

"What are you, nuts?"

Sam tilted his head.

"He was a passenger. He was sitting right in front of me." Max stated.

The siblings looked at each other.

~~~

The impala rolled to a stop in front of a big house just before Dean put the car in park, turning off the engine.

"Here we are— George Phelps, seat 20C." Sam said.

Dean hummed.

"Man, I don't care how strong you are." He said as he opened his door, getting out, Sam and Rowan following.

"Even yoked up on pcp or something, no way you can open up an emergency door during a flight." He stated, leaning on the roof of the impala.

Rory furrowed her brows a little at the house.

"Not if you're human." Sam stated. "But maybe this guy George was something else— some kind of creature, maybe, in human form."

"That doesn't really look like a creatures lair to me." Rory spoke up.

Both brothers looked up at the big house, and Rory was right. It was just an average house.

Well, the average house you would get if you got good income.

~~~

Sam picked up a picture of George off the table.

"This is your late husband?" He asked the woman who sat on the couch across from them.

"Yes, that was my George."

"And you said he was a...dentist?" Dean asked.

Rory looked up at him with wide eyes.

She hated Dentists.

The lady hummed.

"He was headed to a convention in Denver. Do you know that he was petrified to fly?" She asked.

Dean slightly raised his brows, Rory bit her lip.

"For him to go like that..."

"How long were you married?" Sam gently asked.

The woman smiled a little, and looked up at them.

"13 years." She answered.

"Whoa." Rory muttered almost silently.

"In all that time, did you ever notice anything...strange about him, anything out of the ordinary?" Sam asked.

The lady looked between the three of them, almost confused.

"Well...uh, he had acid reflux, if that's what you mean." She stated.

Sam and Dean looked at each other as Rory furrowed her brows, tilting her head.

~~~

"I mean, it goes without saying. It just doesn't make any sense." Sam said as they walked down the stairs.

"What's acid reflux?" Rory asked, jumping off the last three steps.

"A middle-aged dentist with an ulcer is not exactly evil personified." Dean stated. "You know, what we need to do is get inside that NTSB warehouse, check out the wreckage." He said.

"Okay." Sam nodded. "If we're gonna go that route, we'd better look the part." He stated.

Rory looked between them.

~~~

Rory let out a breath as they walked out of a store in more proper attire.

"Man, I look like one of the blues brothers." Dean said, slightly groaning as he looked down at his suit.

"No, you don't." Sam said, fixing his collar and tie. "You look more like a seventh-grader at his first dance."

Dean looked down at himself, then back up at Sam.

"Man, I hate this thing." Rory spoke up, making her brothers look at her.

She was wearing a dress that came down to right above her knees. It was red, and brought out her blue eyes. The only thing Rowan didn't mind about it, was her shoes, which were her high top black vans. Of course, they were a little torn up, but she liked them that way.

Sam and Dean tried to get her to get some shoes that were more formal, but she wasn't having it. Rory was very particular about her shoes, and she was not about to be walking around in flats, or heels she would break her neck in.

Even though Rory thought she looked ridiculous, her brothers both agreed she looked beautiful.

"I feel like I'm going to one of those fancy restaurants where all they sale is Snails, and they give out peppermints when you leave." The girl stated.

Dean couldn't help but laugh, and Sam chuckled.

"Hey, you want into that warehouse or not?" Sam said, not being able to contain his smile at their sister.

Rory huffed, following after them as they began walking.

~~~

Sam and Dean showed their badges to the man behind the desk. He glanced back at Rowan who stood beside Sam and Dean, with her arms crossed over her chest, wearing Deans sunglasses that she had jacked off the dash in the impala.

The guy slightly raised a brow at her, and she raised one back. He slightly pulled back, and looked to the men. He reluctantly nodded, letting them go through.

They walked through the door, and into the warehouse where all the wreckage to the plane was.

Rowan gulped a little from how dark and eerie it was. She stepped closer to her brothers.

Dean pulled a device out of his pocket, and put in the earbuds to it.

"What is that?" Sam questioned him.

"It's an emf meter. It reads electromagnetic frequencies." Dean explained.

"Yeah, I know what an emf meter is, but why does that one look like a busted-up Walkman?" Sam asked.

"'Cause that's what I made it out of." Dean said, a proud smile slipping onto his face. "It's homemade."

Sam looked at the device, then back up at Dean.

"Yeah, I can see that." He said.

Deans smile faded and he looked down a the device he had spent hard work on. He looked back up at Sam, and furrowed his brows, turning away from him.

"I think you hurt his feelings." Rory whispered to Sam.

"He'll live." Sam told her.

Sam and Rowan followed behind Dean as he waved around his homemade emf meter.

They then came to the handle for the emergency exit door, and the emf meter started going off.

"Check out the emergency door handle." Dean spoke up as he turned the device off, putting it back in his pocket.

Rory leaned to one side, looking over the handle, while Sam and Dean looked over it as well.

Dean ran his fingers through some yellow-ish dust on the handle, and he brought it up, looking at it.

"What is this stuff?" He asked.

"One way to find out." Sam said, getting a small container out of his pocket, along with a knife.

Dean made a face and wiped the stuff on the back of Sam's jacket.

He then smirked, and glanced at their sister.

"I dare you to lick it." He nudged Rory.

"I'm not licking it. You lick it." She told him, furrowing her brows.

"I'm not licking it. You have to lick it." Dean said.

"Make Sam lick it." She said.

"Nobody is licking it." Sam spoke up.

Both Dean and Rory huffed.

Rory looked up as she heard footsteps coming from the hallway.

"Guys, we gotta go." She told them, brushing past the two men.

The brothers quickly followed after her towards the back exit. They managed to get out just in time.

They went over towards a shipping container, and started towards the fence, but an alarm starting going off. The three then rushed to the fence, Dean took off his over coat, and threw it over onto the very top of the fence, covering the barbwire in between the bars.

Sam jumped over first, and Dean turned to Rory who looked hesitant.

"What?" Dean asked her urgently.

"I'm wearing a dress." She stated.

"So?" Dean asked.

"I can't climb over that in a dress!" She frantically stated to him.

"Nobody's gonna look, just come on!" Dean said, pulling her over towards the fence.

"Don't look, okay?" Rory told Dean.

"I promise, i'm not gonna look." He told her, then lifted her up, letting her grab the top of the fence and pull herself up.

Sam held his arms out for her, and she jumped down, letting him catch her.

Dean then climbed the fence, and jumped over the top.

Dean then jumped up and grabbed his jacket off the top of the fence.

"These monkey suits do come in handy." He said, making a face.

The three then hurried back to the impala.

~~~

Rory sniffled a little before using her inhaler as she sat in a chair beside Sam and Dean who stood, while Jerry looked over the yellow stuff through a microscope.

"Huh. This stuff is covered in sulfur." He stated, looking up at them.

"You're sure?" Sam asked him.

"Take a look for yourself." Jerry stepped aside.

"You effin' piece of crap!?" Someone yelled making Rory look up.

"If you fellows will excuse me, i've got an idiot to fire." Jerry started towards the door.

"Don't take it easy on 'em." Rory said, smirking a little.

Jerry smiled at her.

Dean walked around the desk, and looked into the microscope.

He then hummed.

"You know, there's not too many things that leave behind a sulfuric residue." He stated, looking up at his siblings.

"Demonic possession?" Sam asked, Rory looked at him, her eyes widening a little.

"It would explain how a mortal man would have the strength to open an emergency hatch." Dean said.

"That's real? I thought that was only in movies!" She said.

"Rory, honey, we've been over this." Dean started. "Just about everything from the horror movies are real." he stated.

Rory slid down into her chair while Sam gave Dean a look.

"Not everything, Rory." He told the girl. "But if the guy was possessed, it's possible."

"Yeah, this goes way beyond floating over a bed or barfing pea soup. I mean, it's one thing to possess a person, but to use them to take down an entire airplane?" Dean said.

"You ever heard of something like this before?" Sam questioned.

"Never." Dean said.

Rory sighed.

~~~

Rory sat on the floor, playing with a bouncy ball Sam had gotten for her. Dean sat on the bed, researching through some books and Sam was doing research on his laptop.

"So, every religion in every world culture has the concept of demons and demonic possession, right? Christian, native american, hindu-- you name it." Sam stated.

"Yeah, but none of them describe anything like this." Dean stated, catching the bouncy ball as Rory threw it to him.

"Well, that's not exactly true." Sam started as Dean tossed the bouncy ball back to Rory. "You see, according to japanese beliefs, certain demons are behind certain disasters, both natural and man-made. One causes earthquakes. Another causes disease."

"And this one causes plane crashes?" Dean questioned, catching the ball again as Rory threw it back to him.

Sam lightly sighed, looking over at Dean.

"Alright, so, what?" Dean asked as he got up, tossing Rory her ball. "We have a demon thats evolved with the times and found a way to ratchet up the body count?" He questioned, raising his arms a little.

"Yeah." Sam nodded his head. "You know, who knows how many planes it's brought down before this one?" he said.

Dean shook his head a little, glancing at the ground and turning back towards the bed.

"What?" Sam asked as Rory looked up at them.

"I don't know, man. This isn't our normal gig. I mean, demons, they don't want anything-- just death and destruction for it's own sake. This is big." He stated, then it went quiet for a short moment. "I wish dad was here." he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Me too." Rory spoke up quietly, bouncing her ball on the floor.

"Yeah. I do too." Sam said, looking at his siblings.

Dean's phone started ringing. He fished it out of his pocket, and answered it.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Dean, it's Jerry."

"Oh, hey, Jerry." Dean said making his brother and sister look at him.

"My pilot friend...Chuck Lambert, is dead." Jerry said.

Deans face fell a little.

"What-- Jerry, i'm sorry. What happened?" He asked.

"He and his buddy went up in a small twin. About an hour ago. The plane went down." Jerry told him.

"Where'd this happen?" Dean asked him.

"About 60 miles west of here, near Nazareth."

"I'll try to ignore the irony in that." Dean stated.

"I'm sorry?" Jerry asked.

"Nothing. Jerry, hang in there, alright? We'll catch up with you soon." He told the man, then hung up.

"Another crash?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. Let's go."

"Where?" Sam asked.

"Nazareth."

~~~

"Sulfur?" Dean asked as Jerry was looking through the microscope again.

Jerry leaned up and nodded his head.

"Well, that's great." Dean said sarcastically. "Alright, so that's two plane crashes involving chuck Lambert." He stated. "This demon sounds like it was after him."

"With all due respect to Chuck, if that's the case, that would be the good news." Sam stated, speaking up.

"What's the bad news?" Rory asked.

"Chuck's plane went down exactly 40 minutes into flight. And get this-- so did flight 2485." Sam said.

"40 minutes? What does that mean?" Jerry asked.

"It's biblical numerology." Dean started. "Noahs ark, it rained for 40 days. The number means death" He stated.

"I went back, and there have been six plane crashes over the last decade. That all went down exactly 40 minutes in." Sam said.

"Any survivors?" Dean asked.

"No." He shook his head. "Or not until now at least-- not until flight 2485, for some reason. And the cockpit voice recorder-- remember what the e.v.p. said?"

"No survivors." Rory stated, shuddering at the eerie voice that ran through her head.

"It's going after all the survivors." Dean stated. "It's trying to finish the job."

~~~

"Really? Well, thank you for taking our survey, and if you do plan to fly, please don't forget your friends at united britannia airlines. Thanks." Sam then hung up his phone. "That takes care of blaine sanderson and Dennis Holloway." He said. "They're not flying anytime soon."

"So, our only wildcard is the flight attendant Amanda Walker." Dean stated.

"Right. Her sister Karen said her flight leaves Indianapolis at 8:00. It's her first night back on the job."

"That sounds like just our luck." Dean said, sighing.

"Dean, this is a five hour drive, even with you behind the wheel." Sam stated.

"Call Amanda's cellphone again, see if we can't head her off at the pass."

"I already left her three voice messages. She must have turned her cellphone off." Sam said.

"We're never gonna make it." Rory huffed from the backseat.

Dean looked at her through the rearview mirror.

"We'll make it." He said to her, speeding up.

~~~

The three Winchesters rushed into the airport, and over to the screens that read the take-off times.

"Right there. They're boarding in 30 minutes." Sam said.

"Okay. We still have some cards to play." Dean said. "We need to find a phone." He started walking around.

They found a phone and Dean picked it up, putting it to his ear.

"Airport services."

"Hi. Gate 13." Dean said.

"Who are you calling, sir?"

"I'm trying to contact Amanda Walker. She's a flight attendant on flight, um..."

"424." Sam and Rory said in unison.

"Flight 424." Dean said.

After a moment, someone spoke on the other end.

"This is Amanda Walker."

"Miss Walker. Hi, this is Dr. James Headfield from St. Francis memorial hospital. We have a Karen Walker here." Dean said.

"Karen?" Amanda asked.

"Nothing serious-- just a minor car accident, but she was injured, so--"

"Wait, that's impossible. I just got off the phone with her." The woman stated.

"You what?" Dean asked after a short moment of silence.

"Five minutes ago. She's at her house, cramming for a final. Who is this?"

"Uh, well...there must be some mistake."

"And how would you even know i was here? Is this one of Vince's friends?"

"Guilty as charged." Dean said, smirking a little.

"Wow. This is unbelievable."

"He's really sorry." Dean told her.

"Well, you tell him to mind his own business, and stay out of my life, okay?" Amanda said.

"Yes, but he really needs to see you tonight, so--"

"No, i'm sorry. It's too late."

"Don't be like that. Come on, the guys a mess. Really. It's pathetic." dean said.

"Really?" Amanda asked.

"Oh, yeah."

"Look, i've got to go. tell him to call me when i land." Amanda then hung up.

"No, no. Wait, Amanda. Amanda." Dean said, then hung the phone back up.

They then walked away from the phone.

"Damn it! So close." Dean said.

"Alright, it's time for plan B." Sam said, making Dean and Rory look at him. "We're getting on that plane."

"Now, just hold on a second." Dean said, holding his hand out to Sam.

"Dean, that plane is leaving with over 100 passengers on board, and if we're right, that plane is gonna crash."

"I know." Dean stated with wide eyes.

"We need to find that demon and exorcise it. Look, i'll get the tickets. You and Rory just go and get whatever you can out of the trunk, whatever will make it through security. Meet me back here in five minutes." Sam told them.

Sam stopped as he saw the look on Dean's face.

"Are you okay?" He asked him.

Dean made a face.

"No, not really." He said.

"What? What's wrong?" Sam asked him.

"Well, i kind of have this problem with, uh..." Dean started.

"Flying?" Sam asked.

"It's never really been an issue until now." Dean stated, Rory raised her brows at him.

"You're joking, right?" Sam questioned.

"Do i look like i'm joking?" Dean asked him.

"I don't think he's joking." Rory stated.

"Why do you think i drive everywhere?" Dean questioned them.

"Alright." Sam nodded. "Uh, i'll go."

"What?" Dean questioned him.

"I'll do this one on my own." Sam told them.

Rory looked between them.

"What are you, nuts? The planes gonna crash." Dean stated.

"We can do it together, or i can do this myself. I'm not seeing a third option."

"I can go with Sammy." Rory spoke up.

"No! Are you crazy?" Dean questioned her.

Sam and Rory gave Dean a look.

"Come on!" He whined a little. "Really? Man."

Rory laid her hand on his arm.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay." She told him.

~~~

As soon as Rory ssat down in her seat, which was in the middle of her brothers, Dean immediately turned to her, grabbing her seatbelt and buckling it for her, pulling it and making sure it was very tight.

"Dean." Sam said, but Dean ignored him.

Dean turned back into his seat, buckling himself in, and grabbing the safety manual.

Rory watched him as Sam smiled a little at their brother.

"I never would've thought you were scared of anything." Rory stated truthfully.

Dean barely glanced at her.

"Just try to relax." Sam told him.

"Just try to shut up." Dean snapped back making Rory giggle.

The plane then started taking off, causing it to rumble, and Dean almost immediately grabbed onto Rowan's hand.

Though, Rory had to admit, she was a little freaked out herself.

Dean closed his eyes a little just before he heard the wheels of the plane retracting. His eyes widened and he looked around.

Rory squeezed his hand with one of her own, while the other found its way to her mouth where she nervously bit her nails.

Sam's eyes landed on her and he gently grabbed her hand, pulling it away from her mouth.

"Don't bite your nails." He scolded her.

Rory huffed, and looked to Dean who was now humming a familiar tune.

"You're humming Metallica?" Sam asked him.

"Calms me down." Dean told him.

Sam scoffed.

"Look, man, I get you're nervous, alright? But you got to stay focused." Sam said.

"Okay." Dean nodded, knowing Sam was right.

"I mean, we got 32 minutes and counting to track this thing down, or whoever it's possessing, anyway— and perform a full-on exorcism."

"Yeah, on a crowded plane. That's gonna be easy." Dean said.

"Just take it one step at a time, alright?" Sam said. "Now, who is it possessing?"

"Well, it's usually gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, you know, a chink in the armor that the demon can worm through, somebody with an addiction or emotional distress." Dean said.

"I think Dee's in emotional distress." Rory said to Sam.

"Shut up." Dean told her.

Rory chuckled.

Dean looked back down the isle as a lady started coming down it.

"Well, this is Amanda's first flight after the crash. If I were her, i'd be pretty messed up." Sam stated.

Dean hummed in agreement.

He looked up as the woman had made her way to them.

"Excuse me. Are you Amanda?" He asked her.

"No, I'm not." She shook her head.

"Oh, my mistake." He said.

The woman hummed and walked away.

Dean turned and looked down the isle, seeing another woman in the back. He turned back to his siblings.

"Alright, well, that's got to be Amanda back there, so I'll go talk to her, and, uh, I'll get a read on her mental state." He told them.

"But what if she's already possessed?" Rory asked.

"There's ways to test that." Dean said, reaching down to the bag in the floor, revealing a bottle of Holy Water.

He picked it up.

"I brought holy water." He stated.

"No. I think we can go more subtle." Sam said, taking the bottle out of Deans hands, and putting it in his jacket. "If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of god." He stated.

"Oh. Nice." Dean said, unbuckling himself and getting out of his seat.

"Hey."

"What?" Dean turned back.

"Say it in Latin." Sam said.

"I know."

"Okay."

Dean went to walk away again.

"Hey!"

"What?!" Dean turned back.

"Uh, in Latin, It's cristo." Sam told him.

"Dude, I know! I'm not an idiot!" Dean stated, and turned to walk away again.

"Dean!"

"What?! What now?!" He asked, turning back to Rory.

"Be careful." She told him.

Dean lightly sighed, sending her a small smile.

"I will be." He ruffled her hair.

Dean then finally walked away towards the back. The plane started rumbling, causing Dean to shift to the side.

He then slammed his fist against a seat before he started walking again.

He made his way to the back where Amanda was.

"Hi." He greeted her.

"Hi. Can I help you with something?" She asked with a smile.

"Oh, no. I'm just a bit of an uneasy flier." Dean told her. "It makes me feel better to walk around a little bit."

"Oh, it happens to the best of us." Amanda said.

"Of course, you being a stewardess, I guess flying comes easy to you."

"You'd be surprised." Amanda laughed a little.

"Really?" Dean asked. "You're a nervous flier?"

"Yeah, maybe— a little bit." She said.

"How is it that, being a stewardess, you're scared to fly?" Dean asked her.

"Kind of a long story." She stated.

"Right." Dean nodded. "Sorry for asking."

"It's okay."

"You ever consider other employment?" Dean asked her.

"No." She shook her head. "Look, everybody's scared of something. I just, uh...I'm not gonna let it hold me back." She told him.

"Huh." Dean said.

He then glanced at the ground.

"Christo." He said quietly.

"I'm sorry. Did you say something?" Amanda asked, looking up at him.

Dean looked up at her, and gave a small smile, chuckling lightly.

"Christo?" He asked.

"I-I didn't— I didn't—"

"Nothing. Never mind." Dean said, turning and walking away.

Dean came back down the isle and sat down beside his siblings in their row.

"Alright, well, she's got to be the most well-adjusted person on the planet." He stated.

"You said Cristo? And?" Sam asked.

"There's no demon in her. There's no demon getting in her." He said.

"So, if it's on the plane, it can be anyone...anywhere." Sam said as Dean buckled himself back in.

The plane then started rumbling making Dean freak out.

"Come on! That can't be normal!" He said.

"Hey, hey, it's just a little turbulence." Sam said, Rory looked between them.

"Sam, this plane is going to crash, okay? So quit treating me like I'm friggin' 4." Dean stated.

"You need to calm down."

"Well, I'm sorry, I can't."

"Yes, you can." Sam said.

"Dude, stow the touchy-feely, self-help yoga crap. It's not helping." Dean told him.

"Listen, if you're panicked, you're wide open to demonic possession, so you need to calm yourself down right now." Sam told him, his voice very stern.

Dean stared a him for a moment.

Rowan kept looking between them.

She noticed Dean was breathing heavily, almost like he was out of breath, or couldn't breathe.

She dug her inhaler out of her pocket, and held it out to Dean. Deans eyes shifted to it, and he stared at it for a short moment.

He then grabbed it and shook it, putting it in his mouth, and pushing the button three times.

He pulled it away and let his head rest against the seat. Rory laid her head on his shoulder, and held his hand.

"Okay, good." Sam said. "Now, I found an exorcism in here that I think is gonna work— the ritual Romano." He said, grabbing Johns journal, and flipping through the pages.

"What do we have to do?" Dean asked.

"It's two parts. The first part expels the demon from the victims body. It makes it manifest, which makes it more powerful."

"More powerful? How?" Rory asked, slightly furrowing her brows as she looked over at Sam.

"Well, it doesn't need to possess someone anymore. It can just wreak havoc on its own." Sam stated.

"Oh. And why is that a good thing?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, that sounds not good." Rory stated.

"Well, because the second part sends the bastard back to hell once and for all." Sam told them.

"First things first— we got to find it." Dean said.

Rory let out a soft sigh, squeezing deans hand a little.

She was nervous and a little scared if she were honest. She'd never been on a plane before, and the one time she got to be on one, it was gonna crash.

What made it worse, was that she knew it was going to crash unless they stopped it before it could.

But she would act brave, because she knew it was what she had to do. If her father were there, that's all he would tell her.

"Don't cry, Rowan. Be brave."

Sometimes, all she wanted to do was cry.

Rory was more sensitive, and her brothers knew that well. John knew, he just didn't really care.

There were times Rory couldn't help but cry and shake, but all John would do was yell at her.

"Stop your whinin' and cryin', and just shoot the damn thing!"

Rory shook the memory away, and sniffled lightly, laying her head back on Deans shoulder.

~~~

Dean walked down the isle with his makeshift emf meter in his hand, waving it around. He got weird looks from people, but he was doing what he had to do.

He stopped towards the front of the isle, and Sam got up, coming over to him, and grabbing Dean on the shoulder, scaring him.

"Ohh! Don't do that." Dean told him.

"Anything?" Sam asked.

"No, nothing. How much time we got?" Dean asked him.

"15 minutes. Maybe we missed somebody." Sam said.

"Maybe the things just not on the plane." Dean said as Rory was coming up to them.

"You believe that?" Sam questioned him.

"Believe what?" Rory asked.

She had come over because her nose had started bleeding, and she got a bad feeling in her stomach. That only happened when something bad was going to happen.

"That the demons not on the plane." Sam stated.

Rory made a face.

"I will if you will." She said.

Dean nodded in agreement.

Sam gave them both a look.

Deans emf meter started going off, making all three of them look down at it. Rory looked up as the co-pilot came out of the cockpit.

She furrowed her brows.

"What? What is it?" Sam asked her.

"Christo." Rory said.

The man stopped and turned his head towards them, revealing pitch black eyes.

Rory's eyes widened, as Sam clenched his jaw, Dean swallowed thickly.

~~~

"She's not gonna believe this." Sam said as they walked towards the back of the plane.

"12 minutes, Dude." Rory stated.

They made their way into the back where Amanda was.

"Oh, hi." She said as they approached her. "Flight's not too bumpy for you, I hope." She said, looking between the three.

"About that..." Rory started.

"That's kind of what we need to talk to you about." Dean said as Sam closed the curtains.

"Um, okay. What can I do for you?" Amanda asked.

"This is gonna sound nuts, but we just don't have time for the whole The truth is out there Speech right now." Dean said.

"Look, we know you were on flight 2585." Sam stated to her.

"Who are you guys?" Amanda asked.

"We've spoken to the other survivors. We know something brought down that plane, and it wasn't mechanical failure." He stated.

"We need your help to stop it from happening again here now." Rory said.

"I'm sorry. I-I'm very busy." Amanda said, going to brush past them, but they stopped her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a second. I'm not gonna hurt you, okay?" Dean told her. "But listen to me— the pilot from 2485, chuck lambert— he's dead."

"What?" Amanda asked. "Chuck is dead?"

"He died in a plane crash." Rory stated. "That's two plane crashes in two months. That's doesn't strike you as not normal?" She asked.

"Okay. There was something wrong with 2485. There's something wrong with this flight, too." Sam told her.

"Amanda, you have to believe us." Dean said.

Amanda looked at them, and glanced at the floor.

"On...on 2485, there was this man. He...had these eyes." She said.

"Yes. That's exactly what we're talking about." Sam said.

"I don't understand. What are you asking me to do?" She asked them, shaking her head.

"Get the copilot. We need you to bring him back here." Dean told her.

"Why? What does he have to do with anything?" She asked them.

"Don't have time to explain. We just need to talk to him." Dean said.

"How am I supposed to go into the cockpit and get the copilot—"

"Whatever it takes. Tell him there's something broken back here, whatever will get him out of that cockpit." Sam told her.

"Do you know that I could lose my job if you—"

"Look, lady. You're gonna lose a lot more if you don't help us." Rory stated to her.

Amanda looked between the three of them, seeing they weren't joking around.

"Okay." She finally nodded.

The siblings let her through the curtain.

Amanda walked down the isle to the cockpit, and knocked on the door. It opened, revealing the copilot.

Amanda said something to him, then they started down towards the back.

Sam and Dean both stepped to sides of the door, Rory stepped on Sam's side as the brothers traded things that were stuffed into their jackets.

Dean stepped in front of the doorway, and soon the copilot came in.

"Now, what's the problem—"

The man was cut off by Dean punched him across the face, sending him stumbling over into the wall.

Dean went over to him and grabbed his shirt, pulling him up and slamming him down on the floor.

Dean got out some tape, and put it over the man's mouth.

"What are you doing? You said you were just gonna talk to him." Amanda said.

"We are gonna talk to him." Rory stated.

Dean held the copilot down as Sam poured the holy water all over him. It sizzled, causing holes and burns to appear.

"Oh, my god. What's wrong with him?" Amanda asked.

"We need you calm. We need you outside the curtain. Don't let anybody in, okay? Can you do that? Amanda?" Sam told her as she was freaking out.

"Okay." She nodded. "Okay." She went out the curtains, standing in front of them, keeping anyone from coming in.

Dean punched the demon in the face, trying to keep him from going anywhere.

"Hurry up, Sam. I don't know how much longer I can hold him." Dean said.

Rory watched them, nervously biting her nails.

Sam poured more holy water over the demon.

Sam started reading from the journal, speaking in Latin, beginning to exorcise the demon.

The demon managed to knock the holy water out of Sam's hand, and shove Dean off of him.

"Dee!" Rory immediately went to help him up.

The demon shoved Sam into the wall making him groan a little.

Rory helped Dean up off the ground, and he quickly got back on top of the demon. Sam started reading the exorcism again.

The demon pushed Dean off of him again, sending him back, hitting the wall. The demon ripped the tape off his mouth, and grabbed Sam's jacket, pulling him down to him.

"I know what happened to your girlfriend!" He said, it's voice deep.

Sam froze.

"She must have died screaming! Even now, she's burning!"

Dean got up, and rushed over, punching the demon in the face. He then pinned it to the ground, Sam was still frozen.

"Sam!" Rory yelled.

Sam shook his head and started reading again.

Once he was done with the first part, Sam dropped the book, and held the demons arm down, helping Dean.

The demon kicked the book out into the isle of the plane as it growled. Black smoke then came out of the copilots mouth. Rory gasped and ducked as it went flying over her head and into the vent.

The copilots body went limp.

"Where'd he go?" Sam asked.

"He's in the plane. Hurry up, we got to finish it!" Rory told them.

Sam got up and went out the curtains into the isle. Rory helped dean up, and as soon as she did, the plane dropped in mid-air, sending her and Dean both flying into the wall.

Rory grunted as her back hit the wall. Dean tried grabbing onto her, but he couldn't.

Rory screamed as Dean tried moving towards the doorway, but was just thrown back into the wall.

Dean started screaming with Rowan as they were both pinned to the wall.

"Dean!" Rory yelled, tears filling her eyes. "I'm sorry for being a pain all the time! Also for eating your last slice of pie yesterday!" She told him.

"I forgive you! I'm sorry for picking on you and not being a better brother!" Dean yelled.

"You and Sammy are the best brothers I've ever had!" Rory yelled.

"We're your only brothers you've ever had!" Dean yelled.

"I know!" Rory yelled.

"You're the best sister we've ever had!" Dean yelled to her.

"I would hope so! I'm the only sister you've ever had!" She yelled back.

"I know!" Dean yelled. "I love you!"

"I love you too!" Rory told him.

The plane then stabilized, and started flying again, which meant Sam finished the exorcism.

Everyone in the plane then calmed down.

Rory breathed heavily as she and Dean pushed themselves off the wall. She ran to Dean, hugging him as tightly as she possibly could.

Dean hugged her back as she squeezed her eyes shut, trying not to cry. Dean gently stroked her hair, rubbing her back.

"I got you." He told her. "Come on, let's find Sam." He kissed the top of her head, taking her hand and pulling her into the isle.

Sam stood up off the floor, and Rory rushed to him, hugging him tightly. Sam hugged her, rubbing her back.

"Never again, okay?" Rory told him, her voice muffled slightly as her face was shoved into his jacket.

"Okay." Sam nodded. "Never again."

Sam looked up at Dean who shook his head a little.

~~~

Rory stood beside Sam and Dean as they watched Amanda talk to an FBI agent.

She looked to the Winchesters and mouthed Thank you.

They nodded and Rory sent her a small smile.

"Let's get out of here." Dean said as they turned and started walking.

"You okay?" Rory asked Sam as she looked up at him.

Sam slightly shook his head as he stepped in front of them, stopping them.

"Guys, it— it knew about Jessica." He said.

"Sam, these things, t-they read minds. They lie." Dean told him. "Alright? That's all it was."

"Yeah." Sam nodded.

"Come on." Dean said, heading past Sam.

Rory grasped Sam's hand, making him give her a small smile.

~~~

"Nobody knows what you guys did, but I do." Jerry said as he stood with the siblings. "A lot of people could have been killed. Your dads gonna be real proud." He said, shaking Sam's hand, then Deans, then Rowan's.

"We'll see you around, Jerry." Sam told him.

Jerry started to walk away as Dean walked around the car towards the drivers seat, Sam and Rory going to their doors.

"You know, Jerry, I meant to ask you—" Dean started, making Jerry stop and turn back. "How did you get my cellphone number, anyway?" He asked. "I've only had it for like six months."

"Your dad gave it to me." Jerry said.

Rory's lips parted slightly.

"What?" She asked.

"When did you talk to him?" Dean asked.

"I didn't exactly talk to him, but I called his number. His voice message said to give you a call." Jerry told them. "Thanks again, guys." He said, then turned, walking away.

The siblings all looked at each other.

~~~

"This doesn't make any sense." Sam said as they leaned against the trunk of the impala while Dean was trying to call John. "I've called dad's number like 50 times. Its been out of service."

Dean put the phone to his ear as it stated ringing.

"This is John Winchester. I can't be reached."

Dean put his phone to where all three of them could hear.

"If this is an emergency, call my son, Dean— 785-555-0179. He can help."

The voice message then ended.

Dean closed his phone.

Rory clenched her jaw, holding back her tears.

Sam's eyes filled with tears.

Rory sniffled a little, and pushed past her brothers, going and getting in the car. Sam followed her actions, and Dean got into the drivers seat.

Rory bit her lip as she laid her head against the window.

How could John not call them and tell them where he was, or if he was even okay?

Rory was sad, and angry.

This wasn't fair.

Thank you so much for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 1.2K 23
Emily Rose Adams is an average 17-year-old girl, or at least that's what she tells people. She gets decent grades, works as a waitress, hangs out wit...
112K 1.2K 58
Eleanor Mary Winchester, the youngest of the three Winchester siblings. This is the story of the Winchester family and their mission to avenge their...
485 1 14
Sam Winchester and Dean Winchester, the two brothers as they hunt demons, ghosts, monsters, and other supernatural beings they also have a bestfriend...
60.2K 1.7K 61
With the opening of the Gate to Hell, Maddison and the boys find themselves thrust into the middle of a war with darkness. The three hunters have to...