His True Mate - Twilight {E.C...

By luna8406

In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he... More

Authors Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Wedding Things
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - The Last One
Thank you!

Chapter 29

588 24 0
By luna8406

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I've fallen into a bit of a depression due to some things going on in my relationship but I have nothing else to focus on so I figured I'd just update this story.

Hope:

Edward and I have been on our honeymoon for a few weeks and so far I've shown him the Eiffel Tower up close, a few good cafes, and we've gone to a couple events the city has held here. Tonight we're going out to eat with Pierre, Camille and Julia, then we're going to go clubbing for a few hours, and finally go to the city park and watch a firework and light show for Bastille Day. Bastille Day is what France calls their Independence Day, and tonight we're celebrating.
I wore a white off-shoulder long lantern sleeved pleated dress and white ankle strap heels.

"I can't believe it's already July," I said as Edward walked into the bathroom while I put in my favorite silver hoop earrings.

"Yep. The weather is supposed to be a little chillier tonight due to a cool breeze." Edward replied.
"You ready?"

"Yeah," I said as I grabbed my phone and put in a little crossbody purse. We got in the rental car that we had payed to rent for another week, enough time for our cars to be shipped here if we choose to stay, which we've yet to talk about, but that can wait until tomorrow.
We made it to the restaurant Pierre wanted to meet up at. I wanted Italian food so it's great that he picked one that has vampire staff. One of the girls led us to a section of the restaurant that only consists of vampires and no humans. Right away they brought out the blood that most places put inside wine bottles in case any humans were to wonder in here. It didn't take long for them to bring out the chicken alfredo I had ordered.

"How's married life?" Camille asked us.

"He gets on my nerves," I answered quickly. I looked at Edward with a smile as he sat there with an offended expression.
"Hard truth, love." I added.
"You do realize you are more annoying than I am?"
"Not true." I argued as they all looked at me. I rolled my eyes, "Whatever." Then they laughed.

"Can I eat in peace?"

"No," Julia answered.

"Anyways, how is it going with the wolves?" Pierre asked.

"Fine, I've gotten no calls about issues and have only gotten positive reports."

"Do you think you two are going to stay in Paris?" Camille then asked. I looked at Edward and sighed. I knew this conversation was going to have to take place soon before our honeymoon time is up, but I wasn't expecting to have it come up tonight at dinner.

"Um, well honestly, we're not sure. We have things and family back home," Edward responded. "And we haven't really talked much about it."

"Aww that's a bummer, well hopefully you guys do decide to stay here. If not, Hope you better stay in touch," Julia said.
We left the Italian place and went to the club that was down the street. It was packed with vampires, wolves, and humans. I ordered a martini from the bar and talked to Edward while our three friends went to go get blood shots for them four. Surprisingly, Yvette and Henri were here and came up to us.

"What a pleasant surprise," Yvette smiled.

"It is indeed, how are you both?" Edward asked them.

"Good, we've had more luck keeping vampires in line after what happened on the wolves' territory."

"Sorry about that," I said.

"It's fine, we understand," Yvette responded. I noticed Henri staring at me weirdly as I sipped the alcoholic beverage I was holding. I looked at Edward and he shrugged his shoulders. Henri and Yvette had a hushed conversation while giving us side glances. Finally, Yvette slightly pulled me to the side. She took my drink and handed it to Edward as we walked a few feet away.
"Yvette what's going on?"
"You're not aware?"
"Aware of what?"
She looked at my stomach and then back up at my eyes.
"I think you're pregnant," she responded.

I immediately laughed, "I was turned into a vampire, I can't get pregnant. I'm not Bella."

"No you aren't, but you are still part wolf." My laughter faded, and my face went still. I knew Edward was listening to this conversation because we weren't very far away and that was proven correct when his arm slid around my waist and he calmly told Yvette we were leaving to go find our friends.

Edward:

We bumped into Camille, Julia, and Pierre on our way to the bar for vampires and they noticed the change of mood.

"Is everything alright?" Camille asked.

"Yvette and Henri shook her up a little, I think it's best if we leave."

"Of course, we'll follow you to the house," Julia said with worry.
We headed outside to our cars that were parked to the far left of the parking lot. I opened the door for Hope to get in the passenger seat then went to the drivers side and started the engine. My mind continuously went back to what Yvette told Hope. I know it must be a joke, because Hope is indeed still a vampire and that should override some abilities she had as a wolf, but a part of me still wondered.
We all entered Hope's home and went to the living room to talk. The girls sat on the long couch while Pierre and I sat across from them in two armchairs.

"So what was that about? What did Yvette and Henri do?" Camille questioned.
Hope and I made eye contact, and I could tell she didn't really feel like talking right now, so I responded to Camille.

"They think Hope is carrying a child."

"That's insane," Julia said.

"I thought so too."

"You thought? So what do you think now?" Camille questioned further.

"Now I'm not so sure. Hope has felt sick the past couple weeks but she's also a vampire."

"But she's a hybrid. You were told that Renesmee could have children in the future and build a family with Jacob," Pierre pointed out. It's a valid argument, but one I'm not sure of.

"Still, she doesn't have all of the abilities of a wolf anymore. Reproducing would be one of them."

"None of us know that for sure. All this time we never considered the possibility that her wolf side might allow her to still get pregnant, especially since you were able to get human Bella pregnant. And Hope being a vampire, it wouldn't be able to kill her like it did Bella," Julia counteracts. The more I thought about it, the more it began to make sense.

"Listen," Pierre said quietly. As we went silent and focused, the more a small heartbeat fell in sync with Hope's louder one.

"So Yvette and Henri were right," Camille said as a smile began to form on her face.

I looked at Hope, "Looks like we'll be going back home."
I wasn't as worried with Hope as I was with Bella because Julia was correct, Bella was human but Hope is a wolf-vampire hybrid. I still wanted to get back to Forks as quickly as possible.

                                     *******

Hope:

Edward began packing our things after the conversation with Julia, Camille, and Pierre. Pierre helped him while the girls stayed with me on the couch.

"How are you feeling?" Camille asked.

"A little in shock, hard to believe it I guess."

"Do you want anything? Water, tea?"

"Tea is fine," I replied. Camille and Julia went into the kitchen to make the tea and in the meantime I decided to call Samuel.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sam."

"Hey Hope. If you're calling to check up on the wolves, everyone is fine."

"Actually, I'm calling to let you know you have to be in charge indefinitely. I have to go back to Forks right away to talk to Carlisle."

"Why not just come see a doctor here?"

"I'm afraid it's not that simple. I'm pregnant, and I doubt Sabrina and Wade know anything about this considering I'm part vampire. I'm really sorry to do this to you but do you think you can just continue to give me updates and check in a couple times a week?"

"Sure thing Hope. Let us know what you find out and whenever you know when you'll be coming back."

"Bye Sam."
I sighed as I hung up the phone.

"Your tea is served m'lady," Camille said in a fake British accent.

I laughed, "Stick to French."
I sipped on the tea and then set it down on the coffee table when Edward and Pierre entered the living room.

"Everything's ready for us to leave tomorrow morning. You should probably get changed, I left your makeup removers, hair brush, toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom along with some comfortable clothes to sleep in. While you do that I'm going to call and schedule us a flight."

"Okay," I said. I gave Edward a kiss and then hugged my friends before they left. I went upstairs to our bedroom and changed into the clothes Edward set out for me. I was still in disbelief of the news I found out tonight, and I felt a little guilty for drinking, even if it wasn't much. I brushed out my hair, brushed my teeth, and removed my makeup and then got into bed. I was tired and I'd need to sleep if we were going to be on a plane tomorrow.

Edward came up with his phone in his hand. "Our flight is scheduled for noon tomorrow so we'll be home by eleven, and I've already informed Carlisle of our situation. Go ahead and get some rest," he said as he kissed me on the forehead.

I'm tired, I'm going to take a nap. Thanks for reading loves

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.8K 17
When a boy meets a vampire, he feels as if he could live forever. 30,366 Words Started- 22/04/22 Rewrite- 18/09/23 Finished- 30/12/23 - Jasper Hale...
34.9K 1.1K 12
Olivia Deven Swan. Bella Swans older twin sister. She's completely oblivious to the supernatural world around her, though she never liked her siste...
49.4K 1K 14
Alethea was once a part of the Cullen Family. However, she mysteriously disappears. Centuries later, Renesmee is born. Noticing the similarities bet...
670K 19K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...