acotar one shots + imagines

By MadlyMythical

stories about your favorite bat boys and more! Characters: Cas Nesta Rhys Feyre Nyx Az Elaine and Gwyn fro... More

(Rhys) How/ where you met
(cassian) How/ where you met
(Azriel) How/ where you met
Meeting Morrigan
What they call you
What you call them
mating bonds!
meeting the other highlords
The youngest Archeron (imagine)
bat boys x sick child reader
What's a soulmate? Azriel × child reader
The masked pianist (the youngest Archeron pt.2)
If you were their child
starfall outfits!
You get hurt
Bullies
Questions I'll ask if you request
Nightmares: Azriel x reader
Lucien
inevitable introductions
Az x reader
the fourth Archeron sister's mate
Injured (Cassian x reader)
heartbreak Cassian x daughter reader
The sun and the stars collide part 1
The sun and stars collide pt 2
Az x reader pt.2
Golden eyes
Hold on for me (Azriel x reader)
Hold on for me pt. 2 teenage years
unrequited or returned affections?
Modern AU Cassian x reader
Promises and bonds
Just a quick note
Older Nyx
Older Nyx: Starfall
Nesta x female reader part 1
Nesta x female reader part 2
Asking for feedback
Poisoned: Cassian x reader
Moving on Azriel x daughter reader
Just checking in
Editing

Matched with the high lord of Day part 1

1.7K 29 1
By MadlyMythical

I haven't given Helion his own story yet and I have no idea why so here it is! I hope you enjoy. Also sorry this took so long, it took forever to come up with a version of this I was happy with lol.

"Y/n hurry up! I got these invitations from Misha last minute and I am not wasting them because you made us miss the arrival deadline."

"They won't close the gates for another hour Iris, calm down. And if Misha hadn't been screwing around like I told them not to, they wouldn't be injured you'd be there already, but they never listen to me, so here we are."

"They never listen to you because you always caution against the most minor crap."

"Well this time, I was right."

She stuck her tongue out at you jokingly, you feigned irritation and you both laughed. Tonight was supposed to be fun, there was no need to let bickering ruin the night.

It was High lord Helion's birthday, or the day he said was his birthday because there was no record of the actual date anymore, but the citizenry went along with it either way because he threw a massive party every year.

Invite only, of course.

You'd been to the parties in town in previous years, but you could never pass up going to the real thing when the opportunity landed at your feet.

You headed out of the bathroom after one final cursory glance and walked with Iris to the venue. The guards at the doors let you in after inspecting the invitations, saying something about people drafting fakes to crash the event.

Despite there being quite some time before the party even kicked off, a crowd was beginning to form in the ballroom. The orchestra was only warming up so the only thing to do at that point was mingle with other guests which Iris accomplished very easily.

You went around for a few minutes before getting bored, grabbing some champagne, and becoming a wallflower. Dancing was much more fun than small talk.

You were so lost in watching everyone else, that you nearly had a heart attack when someone tapped you on the shoulder.

Helion put a finger to his lips and stood beside you. "I like to watch for who to avoid before I make my entrance." He said.

"Would you like me to leave?"

"Nonsense, you were here first. Have you talked to anyone?"

"I tried, no one wanted to talk about anything interesting, at least I didn't find the topics interesting."

"Most of them aren't, they want to discuss agriculture, or military tactics. Hell, sometimes I'll get giddy if someone wants to talk about finances because it's different than the things I hear twenty times in an hour." He sighed, downing a drink. "But I must play nice because they each give me necessary resources."

"You don't have something to maintain with me."

"That's why I can afford to be candid, my dear. You won't get offended and take something away that I need."

The orchestra started up. "Oh good, I was hoping they'd start the music soon." You smiled.

He offered a hand. "Care for a dance?"

You hesitated but took him up on the offer. A crowd followed suit as soon as you two got through the first few steps of the dance. Iris stared at you from across the room, wriggling her eyebrows at you and making kissy faces, you rolled your eyes.

"Am I that bad of a dancer?"

"No, I'm not rolling my eyes at you. My friend is just teasing me."

He chuckled. "I see." He spun you around and brought you back into the waltz. "I don't believe I got your name."

"Y/N."

"It's lovely to make your acquaintance, Y/N."

"I feel the same."

The dance went on for another minute or so before the orchestra finished the song and Helion was swarmed with people before you even pulled apart. You could feel his breath on your ear as he got in close. "Come find me later." He whispered. "I'd like to continue our chat Y/n."

You shivered at the way your name sounded on his lips, all you could manage was a nod before Iris pulled you from the fray. "I cannot believe you snagged the first dance of the party with The High lord himself. I'm impressed."

"I'm sure he'd dance with you if you asked."

"Of course he would, but it's the fact that you got the first dance of the night with him."

You stopped at the drinks table and she handed you a glass. "Tell me, what did you talk about?"

"Nothing all that riveting."

"Oh come on, you didn't talk about anything spicy."

"No!" You laughed in disbelief.

"The long game. I like it."

"I am not playing any game, I've spoken to him for maybe ten minutes in total."

"I've gotten people in my bed faster than that."

"Because that was what you were trying to do."

"You seriously didn't talk about anything exciting?"

"No."

"Well if you do, let me know. I saw him whispering to you."

The night seemed to fly by after that, and soon enough you found yourself wandering the gardens of the estate for a change of pace.

You found Helion on a swing set in a secluded corner. He just smiled at you. "It seems the fates have brought us together again, Y/n. I was hoping they would."

"I just think we had the same idea."

"What's that?"

"A change of scenery and sons fresh air."

"You aren't wrong there, as fun at parties are, they get a bit stale after a while. Especially when you're my age."

"Why do you keep throwing them then?"

"I like when the city comes alive for celebrations, it reminds me that the war is over. We may not have peace all of the time, but we're allowed to let our guards down every now and then."

You sat beside him. "These gardens are beautiful."

"You think so? Sometimes I wish I had more staff to look after them, it's too much ground to cover for the few people I do have. I say that all the time and yet haven't taken the necessary steps to follow through."

"I sort of understand that, you have a lot to do as High Lord, so the smaller tasks get shoved aside. I mean unless of course you're just a chronic procrastinator and put everything off."

He threw his head back and his laugh echoed throughout the courtyard. "I know the townsfolk say that, but truly I'm swamped with funding and building proposals all the time from people all over the city-"

He paused. "Gods, now I sound like the nobles droning on about their ventures. When did I get so boring?"

"I don't think you're boring, but you may need a vacation."

"Easier said than done. I'm afraid spontaneity goes out the window when one takes up a mantle like mine."

"So reflective tonight." You teased, lightly.

"I'm not allowed to be most of the time, but you won't use it against me, at least I hope you won't."

You looked down at your hands. "I don't have any influence anywhere, you're fine."

"You could gain influence."

"Of course I could, but that would require mating to someone of higher status and that's not up to me."

"You have more say than you think." Helion said.

"We'll see, I suppose."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56K 1.9K 57
Follows story line of the ACOTAR series.... picks off right after ACOSF, so of course spoilers are meant to be said in this story. For people who hav...
182K 4.6K 43
Briar Fortin is half Fae, half Illyrian. She lives in one of the smaller camps, but also one of the worst. When her father finds out about her secret...
47.7K 321 64
A collection of shorter headcanons from me. Will add more as time goes on. Spoilers for all books including Silver Flames. Hope you like them! Commen...
102K 3.5K 49
The magic of Prythian is fading, and with it everything that Zaria loves. As daughter of Tamlin, High Lord of the Spring Court, her father's reputati...