Always with You | BOOK #2 OF...

By urhxeartts

UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he i... More

intro!
UPDATED characters!
prologue
1. new girl
2. confused
3. nightmares
4. "chemistry"
5. Promise
6. perfectly fine
7. blake
8. self-love
9. touchdown
10. art
11. dresses
13. liking and loving
14. stupid
15. tension
16. formal
17. one in a million
18. the next step
19. planning
20. birthdays
21. confronting
22. my biggest fan
epilogue
BOOK NUMBER 3

12. mistakes

1.8K 63 39
By urhxeartts

You stole my heart, my mind, and my soul. You're a criminal.
**

Ty's POV

The football whizzes past everyone and it lands in my ready hands. I hear Blake whooping in joy and I hand the football to another player. I jog on over to Kaydon and Blake who were chatting and they both pat me on the head.

"Nice catch," Kaydon shoves me on the shoulder playfully.

"Nice throw." I say back and Blake knocks both of us on the head with his hands.

"No thanks for defending both of you from tackles?" he complains and we both attack him in punches and shoves. Our coach blows his whistle and everyone starts running over. We stop our playing and we head on over too.

Everyone huddles around and Blake and I join the rest of our teammates while Kaydon goes to coach's side. Coach clears his throat before speaking.

"Good practice today, boys. I expect all of you ready for Monday's practice." he looks at all of us and we all nod.

"Alright, pack up." he dismisses us after some information for next week and we all start chatting and getting to our lockers. I grab my stuff and waited for Blake and Kaydon to finish up. I walk out to see the sunset starting and I spot that head of blonde hair on the bleachers.

Parker, Cam, and Sierra were waiting at the top of the bleachers. They spot me and wave.

"We'll see you at Melly's later!" Parker shouts and I give a thumbs up.

The three start to leave and my eyes just linger on to C a bit longer. Her face looks a bit more happier today and her hair was getting in her way. The way she laughs and throws her head back when she laughs just make me so happy that she's comfortable where she is. I love the way she smiles when she does and the way her highlighter shines when she faces the light.

I love everything about her. It's a sin how much I would lie for her, kill for her, die for her, and how much I want to just be with her every day of my life.

I want to learn so much about her. How she feels when she looks at something, I want to know how she feels about herself, I want to learn the different emotions that flicker in her eyes. She's everything I need and someone so unique. So lovable, so selfless, and so good.

"You're staring again," Kaydon nudges me out of my trance and I look back at the bleachers realizing they left. I shake my head.

"I was not," I retort and Blake snorts.

"Yeah you were. Your eyes were literally twinkling."

I sigh and start walking out of the field with them by my side. The silence fills the air and I can tell Blake wants to say something from the way he just zones out as we walk.

"You like her, dude." Kaydon says to cut the silence. I shake my head vigorously.

"I can't."

Blake sighs, "But you do."

More silence as we stop. They both turn to look at me and I just stare at the ground. I've liked her since the beginning, how could I not? She gets me, she understands. She knows me. She's like my other half.

"Why can't you just admit it?" Kaydon asks softly and I throw my hands up to my head in frustration.

"I wish I didn't like her," I say a bit too loudly. "She completes me, like no one else. That's the issue." I turn to look at Blake who was staring at me with no emotion in his eyes.

"You don't want me to like her, but I do. She doesn't like me back and that's another issue. I can't rely on her because she's working on herself. I can't burden her."

Blake puts a hand on my shoulder, "Ty."

I shrug it off quite harshly, "I can't, I don't want to, and I shouldn't like her. She's too good, too good for me and for everyone else."

Complete utter silence. Kaydon looks at me, searching for answers. Blake just stares at me in understanding. Out of everyone, for some reason, Blake isn't mad at me for liking his sister.

"Then you better treat her right," he says with a laugh and Kaydon cracks a grin.

"I thought you—" I started to say but he cuts me off.

"I don't. It's going to be hella weird, but I can see how much you care. I just didn't want her to get hurt, you know." he reasons and I nod. "I trust you, dude. You'll be good for her too."

Kaydon puts an arm around both of our shoulders and since he's taller by an inch or so, he squishes us in his sides.

"Now we just need Mr. Blakey here to fall in love!" he says and I laugh. Blake shoots him an unamused look.

"No," Blake says and I put a hand on his cheek.

"Can you feel the love tonight?" I start serenading him and he shoves me and Kaydon away. Kaydon and I start laughing on our knees and to the ground before Blake drags us up.

"Come on, we gotta go to Melly's. I might just stick my head in the oven if you guys keep laughing like girls."

**

We kept on laughing in the car.

"I swear to god, shut up!" Blake shouts as we hop out and we quiet down. Tears fall from Kaydon's eyes and he wipes them away.

Blake shakes his head and starts to walk in before us. The girls weren't here yet so we have time to spare while we're here. It was quite busy but when we walk in, we were greeted with a giant hug from Melly.

"Melly? You hate hugs from us," Kaydon chuckles nervously and she pulls away with a grin.

"Oh, I just wanted to hug you boys," she smiles and we all walk with her to our table.

"No girls today?"

I slide into one booth and Kaydon and Blake sit across from me as usual. "They're coming in a bit." Blake replies and she nods, getting our orders down. She walks away and we all exhale loudly.

"God I thought we messed up or something because she only hugs us first if so and then slaps us." Blake whispers and Kaydon nods frantically in fear of the lady behind the counter we all love.

I chuckle, staring at the back of the kitchen. She's barking orders at people and I would hate to get yelled at by her now. People came in and out and we just  talked about our future games. This season is pretty tough and sadly, all championships were cancelled recently. It was all because of some schools giving shit to their athletes to perform better. We do have games, some reason. It's so stupid.

"I'm surprised we get to have games still," Kaydon comments and Blake nods.

"Exactly, but I'm not complaining though. It's stupid how we need to get tested for shit every week now." I scoff.

"Right? I'm also shocked that out of all-" he stops and we both look at him in confusion.

"Hello? Blake?" I wave my hand and I follow his eyes to the front door of the diner to see Kasey and her stupid group of friends.

I hide my face and slump down the booth. "Fuck. My. Life." I enunciate every word and curse quietly to myself. Kaydon and Blake are frozen in spot and I immediately hear her obnoxious heels making her way over.

"Oh my gosh, hi boys!" she squeals and we all mutter hellos.

"Oh, please don't get too excited now." she says sarcastically and stands at our booth. I put my hands down and look at her.

The same bright red hair and bitchy expression. Her friend group is chatting in the back eyeing up my buddies who were trying to stare intensely at a napkin dispenser. Blake points to it with an amused look and Kaydon nods along.

I shake my head at their antics and lack of help. "What do you want, again Kasey?" I grumble and she laughs excessively. I have the urge to cover my ears.

She slides down next to me and I shove her before she could sit fully and her eyes have a bit of upset feelings in them.

Good, hope they stay that way.

"What do you want?" I repeat with more edge at the end and she smirks at me.

"Where's Cameron and the girls?" she ignores my question and I almost jump out the window by me. Blake takes a sip of his water.

"Not here."

Kasey rolls her eyes, "Of course not, will they be here?"

What does she fucking want?

"I don't know what you're trying to do, but they won't be here for a while. You are so crazy obsessed with them." I stand up in front of her, blood boiling. "Now, if you could just leave and just please leave us alone-"

I didn't get to finish because that bitch kissed me. She grabs my shirt and yanks me toward her, her lips smacking on to mine and I nearly vomit. I shove her off and she wipes her lip at the corner with a smug grin. I wipe my complete mouth off with the back of my hand.

"What the fuck!" I shout and everyone's attention turns to us.

I see Kaydon and Blake frozen on spot with the napkin dispenser in their hands. Their jaws wide open and Kasey and the girls giggle like little girls. Melly runs over and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't look behind Kasey," she whispers and I almost tell her why but I know that fucking blonde anywhere.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. I fucked up.

"Literally, what the fuck." Parker says to cut the thick tension. Kaydon and Blake stand up and appear by my side and I can see Sierra's confused expression.

I start going toward the girls but Cameron steps behind Parker. The hurt and confusion on her face just hits me like a sledgehammer. Five times hard.

No, no.

"Explain, Shruder." Parker says, folded arms and a bored look in her eyes.

Think of something Ty!

"We were kissing," Kasey buts in and Sierra shoves her to the side, Kasey nearly toppling over the table. Melly is dragging the rest of the girls out of the diner and telling the families and those to leave.

"Damn," Kaydon says under his breath and Parker glares at me.

"What the fuck, Ty?" I hear Cam say and I nearly break into pieces. The way her voice wavers and her eyes go back and forth between me and Kasey. Nothing hurts more than this.

"Listen-"

She storms out and I walk past everyone to get in front of her. She tries to dodge me and walks the other way but I hold on to her shoulders. She doesn't dare to look up at me.

"C," I say softly, my heart slowly breaking.

"C, listen to me." she just stays silent and I can see the group behind her at the door. Just watching.

"This was a mistake," she says before I could talk. She looks up at me and I see those dull blue eyes that doesn't reach the sun. They're filled with clouds of storms. Ready to pour.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What was?"

"Falling for you," her voice barely getting out. "Falling for you, Ty Shruder was a mistake. Blake was right," she laughs bitterly, still staring at me.

"I was gonna end up hurt. I didn't expect to end up being hurt by you."

I couldn't say shit. I should've shouted that I didn't kiss Kasey. I was speechless. She fell for me. And she just told me that it was a mistake. She walks past me and bumps harshly into my shoulder. Parker and Sierra look at me in a bit of pity but Parker has more of a pissed off mood. They all go into Cam's car and drove off.

I feel Kaydon and Blake beside me and Blake puts a hand on my shoulder. "Ty," he starts but I shake my head, walking inside to grab my keys and bags that was left. It was empty inside, just Melly and her staff behind counters cleaning up.

"Boy, come here." Melly says suddenly. I make my way to her in shame and she grabs my hand, holding them gently. I look at her warm hazel eyes and she smiles.

"It wasn't your fault, my dear." she spoke and I nod. "She's having a hard time you know. She lost trust because of nasty people out there. Her reaction was reasonable, she walked in, saw you two lock lips, and her smile fell. Fell a thousand feet down."

That just hurts me again.

Melly squeezes my hands to pay attention. "But the one thing I want you to know is that you better go get Cameron." her voice so gentle and determined. For as old as she is, her voice is strong and her mind is strong too.

"You and her deserve each other. You need her and she needs you. She can't keep up with the mess in her head without you keeping her sane. You, my dear, you are the world to her. It may seem like to her that her world just shattered and ended, but it didn't. You're right here, in one piece, ready to find your forever."

"She is yours, dear. Your ending, your final, and your forever. Nothing can be more than that."

I take in her words and I nearly tear up from that. I don't even know if she ever thought of me as her world before but I thought of her as my world. I still do.

"You promise me, boy, that you two will be together until I die?" she holds out her pinky and I chuckle, interlocking it with mine.

"I will, I promise." I say softly and she nods.

"Good, now get on home. Update me soon." she says and I smile, walking away and out the door to the guys waiting. They both jolt up and bombard me with questions.

"Did she hurt you?"

"Did she get the spatula out?"

"Please tell me you're going to be okay for practice,"

I roll my eyes and urging them to walk with me to the car.

Blake nudges my shoulder before we get to the car and I stop. "So?" Kaydon asks.

I look at them both. "Yes, I got whacked with a spatula twice and got burned by the skillet in the back." They both slap me and shove me and I smile. I don't smile up to my eyes like I do when I'm around her, but I smile.

Cameron Davis, I'm gonna be with you till you forgive me. Always.

**

a/n

didnt expect that did you..

i love melly so much stop

PLS COMMENT I MISS UR COMMENTS.

-s

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 103K 27
[COMPLETED] WARNING: I wrote this when I was in high school, which was about seven/eight years ago. That reflects so much in the writing of this book...
6.6M 141K 45
Falling in love never scared Maddie Davis until she fell for the one boy she swore to stay away from forever. Season 1 of My Brother's Best Friend ...
1.1M 14.2K 33
Allison is 16 years old. She lives with her mom and older brother Alex who is 17. What happens when she goes to a party and gets in a fight with her...
The Boy Next Door By Zoe 🦒

Mystery / Thriller

157K 5.1K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...