Touhou - The Eternal Hakurei...

By IkariHakurei

Reimu is a Shrine Maiden loved by Youkai. Her main role was to exterminate them and even if she did solve ton... More

Prologue: An Ominous Premonition.
Chapter 1: A Shadow over Gensokyo.
Chapter 2: Return to the Former Hell
Chapter 3: Miss Keine, the Love Coach
Chapter 4: Eientei's Facade
Chapter 5: The Maiden's inner anguish
Chapter 6: The Heaven
Chapter 7: At Youkai Mountain

Final Chapter: Gensokyo's Will

233 3 1
By IkariHakurei

Ran Yakumo departed from Hell with her shikigami, Chen. They were at Hakurei Temple's surroundings. It was night, but far from just stars the sky was becoming blurry, like if Gensokyo was about to collide with another Reality.

Chen: "Ran-Sama... can I go with Suika-Chan?"

Ran: "We'll go with her. Kasen Ibaraki's whereabouts is right now our first priority while Yukari-Sama takes care of Reimu."

Chen: "Alright, meow. Huh, one moment... I can smell another cat nearby!"

Indeed, a familiar two-tailed cat was fastly approaching accompained by her zombi fairies. The undead minions were grouped, flying in a piramid. It was curious and cute at the same time to see them with one row above another. At the top of the formation, the one with construction helmet who seems to be the squad leader and second in command was giving directions with her gestures. The black feline transforms into her humanoid appearance.

Orin: "Hiya! I had to come as fast as I could, nya!"

Chen goes to hug Orin and purrs to her. Orin returns the hug and headpats the smallest Yakumo.

Ran: "Didn't have to help Utsuho and Yuugi to rebuild the Earth Spirits Palace?"

Orin: "Thanks to the girls we are advancing quickly! We were so worried that Utsuho asked me to search for you, nya."

Replies, referring to the Zombie Fairies as the reason of going fast. Two of them went out of the formation to show in chibi draw scenes how the scene did happen. The represented character showed some funny gag faces. In the last scene, Utsuho and Orin shared a kiss before the departure.

Chen: "How cute, meow!"

Ran: "Your Fairies seem to be more lively than ever. I couldn't tell if they are really dead. Thanks for coming, we are going to need you now that Reimu is with my Master recovering from a battle."

That sentence made the Fairy Pyramid go unstable due to the conmotion. The two ones who carried the piece of paper with the draws were rolling in confusion and were the cause of the lineup going down like if some sort of ball striked them. The most of them showed spiral eyes. The cat seemed in shock.

Orin: "Is she alright?"

Ran: "You can be relieved. She won't die this time, Reimu has grown too strong to be a human. For now we should find Kasen Ibaraki, the Oni Sage with the utmost caution. Let's ask Suika-Chan. Sometimes Kasen passes by this Shrine."

Orin: "Alright~ I'll guard the Entrance. Girls, let's be in stealth formation, nya!"

All the undead minions inmediately become half-invisible between trees. The head of them changes the construction helmet for some sort of ninja hood. Meanwhile, Suika was patrolling above the Sanctuary's roof with a sake bottle next to her.

Suika: "Hmmm... I see like four people coming, since there are two Miss Ran and two Chen, there must be just one of each in reality. Did they find something? I would like to launch fireworks if that's true! *Hic* Haaaai! Did you bring news?"

At the Oni's hand waving, Chen starts spinning to her. Like a cat who really appreciates someone purrs to her transforming and going to her lap. Ran however looks very serious. While Suika caresses Chen in the stomach, tilts her head and blinks twice.

Ran: "Suika, did Miss Kasen pass by here during those days? We need her. And don't worry for Reimu, she is alive with Yukari-Sama."

Suika: "That's a relief. It's very strange to not see two Reimus... and about Kasen-Sama... we have been practicing martial arts some hours ago. Why do you ask? *Hic*"

Replies before drinking even more alcohol.

Ran: "Because we need her."

Suika points with the finger behind the Kitsune. A tall and imponent woman was there. Her body had beautiful muscles defined by continuous physical training, she has a pink chinese martial artist attire, combining with her hair color. A short shoulder lenght hair, with two small buns on her head probably to hide her Oni horns and look more human in order to not scare them away. She has a faint smile on her face.

Kasen: "I know why you are here, Ran Yakumo. Yukari-Sama and Reimu-Chan need me, right? Excuse me, I only went to learn why the sky was so blurry these days."

Ran: "Kasen-Sama. Your help is very appreciated."

Kasen: "Our Hakurei Maiden has become the bridge between all races in Gensokyo, plus she took good care of Suika-Chan even when she was the Shrine Maiden. And your master is a good old friend. Is time to do my part, but we need to contact Okina Matara before beginning the preparations of the Ultimate Last Word Ritual."

Ran: "We have someone who can lead it already since she knows everything that happened in Gensokyo. Keine Kamishirasawa, the teacher from Human Village. And most of the necessary pieces must be gathered by now. We have Remilia Scarlet at our side too."

Kasen: "An alliance against the Common Enemy."

Suddenly, some sort of dimensional portal with similar functions to Yukari's gaps did appear. The same ferocious world eater creature fought by the other girls fell to the ground, but this time it was even bigger and has developed the ability of wielding some sort of gigantic Gungnir with another new limb made with tentacles. The white fire is shining even stronger but this time, Zan Hakurei was there in person. It was the true one since he had no mask and his face contrasts with the rest of his holy taoist monk appearance. It was an undead, just a skull whose eyes were shining with infinite hatred.

Zan: "This is as far as you go. My soul fragments and the Adephagos's mission was to slow you down until now. And they did well since you didn't find Okina yet. I'm impressed about how futile mortals try to resist to the new order's change. Death is unstoppable. I am Death, I am the change of cycle. Gensokyo is destined to be reformed everytime the Youkai corrupt it."

The Kitsune looks to the monk with a disrespectful look.

Ran: "You are a liar, it was also part of your plan to say a fake date and make us believe that we had enough time."

Kasen: "Look at his face. He removed his mask this time... so it really was an Undead God! The Hakurei Shrine has been unclean from the start!"

Suika: "People like you is no welcome here!"

Suika and Kasen adopt a battle stance. Orin quickly appears surrounding the enemy with her Zombie Fairies who were gnashing teeth. The leader of them made a threatening gesture of passing her finger by the neck.

Orin: "You again, nya? Prepare yourself for a trip to Hell!"

Ferocious skull will-o-wisps were materialized by the cat. They made an infernal laugh while the zone's darkness increases. Zan starts laughing while the Adephagos await orders. He opens the arms and looks at the sky while it deforms into some sort of Void without stars.

Zan: "Believe me, everything you fought until now was just nothing compared to what's coming for you this time. So what if I have lied? It was an experiment to see how many futile efforts can a worm perform to just to prolongue its meaningless existance, everything for my own entertaining while I was accumulating power in the shadows. The Purgue has started now, say your prayers!"

Makes a sign, commanding the Adephagos to attack. Chen comes prepared to fight, but shaking on her boots. The Zombie Fairies were doing the same but trying to remain steady.

Ran: "Chen, go warn miss Yukari at once! Tell her to call everyone we have. With the gaps we'll probably have a possibility to resist!"

Chen: "U-Understood..."

Kasen: "I'll go search for Okina. Fighting it is useless at our current condition... I'm afraid that this being is out of our league. Ran, don't let them die."

Ran: "I'll treat Rin as if she was Chen. And Suika will stay with me."

Zan: "Let's start the mourning of this obsolete world, your Requiem begins! Armageddon: Rain of Despair!"

A titanic meteor rain started to fall from above. The End was falling from sky in form of magic blazing rocks while the world eater roars, making the ground quake.

Ran: "I... I need to do something!"

The Kitsune starts flying high while prepare one of her powerful spells.

Ran: "Shikigami's Radiance: Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser!"

Orin: "Don't do this alone, nya! Girls, it's your turn! Cursed Sprite: Vengeful Possessed Fairy!"

Ran makes enormous magic energy spheres to fire lasers at the Meteors. When the impact occurs a big explosion reduces them to nothing but she can't fire at every target at once. Rin by her side, sends the Zombi Fairies to possess the remaining meteors. They fly high up to them making invisible while entering on the rock and the skull will-o-wisps grow gigantic to contain them. Once that the meteorites are possessed they acquire the face of a Zombi Fairy making comical mockery gestures at the creature while falling down to it. The impact causes heavy physical damage after a great explosion of holy fire. The Adephagos is with many deep bloody holes and starts regenerating, but it spits Zan outside.

Ran: "Suika, is your turn! I can't reach him at this distance!"

The oni nods cracking her knuckles with a not so cute smile, making a creepy expression. Grows more and more gigantic and then leaps at a big height.

Suika: "Reimu is like my big sis. You won't lay a finger on her, monster! Second Card: Giant Oni of Earth's Axis!"

The Oni descends like a missile over the undead monk, landing with a powerful impact but that wasn't everything. After shrinking back to normal, far from her usually cute attitude, enters in a rampage with her empowered body giving a barrage of perfectly executed punches. Raises Zan with a high kick and bashes him against the ground causing cracks on his skull.

Zan: "Cursed little wench! Ugh!"

Makes a gesture with the arm and Adephagos uses its Gungnir to shoot a colossal spear to Suika. Inmediately Ran and Orin start flying there before it's too late.

Ran: "Look out!"

Orin: "We are too far, nya!"

Zan: "The perfect bait... now you are where I wanted you. Hakurei Sign: Judgement Day!"

The Creature sacrified itself with a vast implosion that caused a Black Hole and the girls were too close to try dodging. Everything was being swallowed by Darkness, including the Temple and even Reality in that place. Everything in a gigantic radius ended literally blank.

Zan: "Do you think that is over? The Phoenix gave my creature something precious after the fight against her. Resurrection!"

Like if it was Mokou, the World Eater reappeared after consuming one of its lives. Zan's skull was falling apart to reveal an undescriptibly horrendous face, a cosmic terror. The three girls were on the ground and only Ran was conscious. Suika and Orin were at death's door. She was trying to get up and raised a defensive spell to put Suika inside of a yellow magical bullet and Orin in a green one. It was hard for her to still standing.

Ran: "You... you even wiped out your own Shrine!"

Zan: "It never mattered to begin with, Kitsune. All was just a fake, faith is a concept that doesn't mean a thing for me. Your Hakurei Maiden is just a fraud and soon the Youkai will be terminated among with those who support them. I'll reign the next reality and everything shall follow my path."

Ran: "Gensokyo... rejects your path, bastard!"

Zan: "The ritual will never complete, because Adephagos will still cause Black Holes and resurrecting! You have not enough time even if you found the last Sage! Do you want to grab a blazing nail? Do you really think you can survive? Your friends are out and you have no strenght left!"

Suddenly, a mecha punch came flying and it hits Zan making him fly. The impact destroyed its undead body. From the shattered skull emerges a being of pure energy with vicious and bloody eyes. Looking at it could be a fuel of nightmares. The punch returns and the Mecha gets it back.

Nitori: "Are you alright? Carry the wounded to a safe place! Reimu has done enough for us. Now it's our turn to return her the favor!"

Ran: "I would hate to leave you in your own in a situation like this...!"

Nitori: "I'm not alone!"

A gap would open next to her. Chen has reached Yukari in time, from the gap Remilia, Sakuya, Keine, Mokou, Eiki, Hecatia, Junko, Eirin, Yuyuko, Kanako, Utsuho, Reisen and Youmu came out. In last position, the three Sages went out with Reimu. Okina was there (1). Utsuho runs where Orin is.

(1): The last of the three known sages who did create Gensokyo. She's a blonde-haired woman with dark eyes, wearing an oriental brownish attire and hat.

Utsuho: "Rin-Chan!... Say something, please!"

Orin: "My... lovely bird... nyah... the plan can still going on...!"

The Yatagarasu gets the cat to put her in a safe place.

Utsuho: "I'm here now, just wait for me and rest okay? That thing is going to know what a Nuke is!"

Meanwhile, the History Teacher was giving directions.

Keine: "Alright, taking positions!"

Kasen, Yukari and Okina formed a triangle. Eiki went to right and Hecatia turned left. Inside the Triangle, Remilia, Yuyuko, Eirin, Kanako and Utsuho were placed. Mokou was flying above, ready to start sacrifying a great amount of lives to lend more power and finish before. Youmu and Reisen stayed around in position to defend the girls who were busy while Reimu and Sakuya were going to the frontline to oppose the monster directly. The History Teacher was going to conduct the Ceremony.

Keine: "Now, we'll channel our power to give Reimu a chance to wipe out that annoying thing once for all!"

Yukari: "Let the Ritual begin."

Once in front of the Adephagos, the Maid and the Shrine Maiden prepare again to keep fighting. The beast was fighting Nitori's Mecha with its Gungnir Replica.

Sakuya: "Seems like your temple is no more."

Reimu: "We'll see what can I do later. Anyway the Donation Box was empty, and Suika is safe with Ran."

Zan: "Heh. Is already too late, but at least I'm going to be entertained seeing what would you do to survive your inminent doom! Hakurei Sign: Judgement Day!"

The Adephagos made another implosion to eat part of Reality. While the black hole was having place, The Engineer's Mecha started to disappear.

Nitori: "This wasn't calculated! Deploying Escape Pod! Sorry, girls! I'll try to provide medical support from the back to the wounded! That... that was so close!"

The Kappa flies outside in a metallic pod and gets outside, going back to where Ran is with Suika. They were sit against a tree.

Ran: "I did fail to destroy him. But at least... we could buy some time."

Nitori: "Don't move. My medic artifacts are almost as good as a Moon Doctor, but it's gonna hurt a bit! Maintain the Oni asleep! She shouldn't feel a thing."

Zan: "At last we meet in person, Failure Maiden."

Reimu: "Shut up already. Last word: Fantasy Nature!"

A colossal barrage of explosive spelltags go at extreme speed to her target. But the enemy dodges it without effort, laughing.

Zan: "I saw that coming ten years ago, Reimu. Goodbye! Spear the Gungnir!"

Adephagos used Remilia's replicated lance to pierce through ground causing a tremendous earthquake that generated deep fissures. Its intention was to bury Reimu and the rest of the girls. Sakuya reacted stopping the time and getting everyone out before everything crumbled.

Sakuya: "Reimu, we only have to endure... that's our task. Don't try to destroy him, he'll predict all our moves."

Reimu: "Grrr... I want to bash him against everything so hard... to treat Yukari and everyone like if they were mere entertainment to then wipe all out if he doesn't like something!"

Reisen and Youmu were fighting replicated Zombi Fairies that appeared surrounding the rest of girls to interrupt the ritual. But they were different from the ones who are with Orin. They are black, with a menacing look on their eyes.

Youmu: "No matter how much do you resurrect, you aren't passing!"

Reisen: "Let's go, Youmu!"

Reisen & Youmu: "Last Word: Paranormal Hallucinations!"

The moon rabbit's eyes started to shine in red, soon... Youmu would make a time lapse to create many bullets and dash through them insanely fast. Reisen would start shooting moon elemental magical gun bullets and making them to duplicate due to hallucinations. The Void Fairies became confused before getting ripped apart.

Zan: "If you don't have anything else to show me, I think that this should end. Adephagos, engulf everything in eternal Void. Ending Sign, Grand Cross!"

The beast starts charging what looks to be a final attack. Widely opens its mouth concentrating Void energy in a single point. Suddenly, the Reality starts getting sucked by it.

Zan: "Your last seconds of life, Gensokyo! Become nothing!"

Keine: "Come on, girls... keep accumulating energy!"

Mokou: "Resurrection!... I can't go faster!"

Sakuya tries to attack the creature to see if she can cancel the chanelling. Reimu joins her.

Sakuya: "It's our only option!"

Reimu: "It won't go away with this!"

Reimu & Sakuya: "Last word: The Fantasy World!"

A Fantasy Seal is released by the Shrine Maiden, the rainbow-colored changing magical orbs are homing for the enemy. However, the Maid stops time and start multiplying them by millions while the same number of knifes and joker cards appear. The impact was great but the monster didn't move an inch.

Sakuya: "This is unbelievable. Our combined power couldn't make it even budge a bit?"

Reimu: "I'm getting tired of this!"

The monster was going to release a massive black hole to absorb the rest of reality, when the ritual was finally completed.

Keine: "Is enough, it's all our power!"

Yukari: "Lend your strongest spells to Reimu!"

A overconcentrated energy stream was casted into the Shrine Maiden. The cosmic entity looks to her starting to feel worried.

Zan: "What are you doing?! Wipe Gensokyo out of the map at once!"

The Adephagos started with its spell. Everything disappeared apparently before the Ritual was completed. After some seconds, only Reimu remains in front of the monster and Zan Hakurei in an infinite void. But... something about the Maiden was different. The world eater started trembling in fear.

Zan: "WHAT?! HOW? HOW COULD A MERE HUMAN GET ENOUGH POWER TO SURVIVE?!

Reimu was irradiating by a Rainbow Aura. Her allies would feel relieved and her enemies would be crumbling in anguish. The maiden's eyes were intensely red, gazing into the Enemy with a penetrating look. The voices from the other girls could be heard cheering her. Specially every ex-incident culprit who gave her powers in the Ritual.

Remilia: "Come on, Reimu! Show that worm the horrors of Scarlet Mist!"

Yuyuko: "I lend you the power of life and death. You have to give me a delicious treat later, Reimu-Chan!"

Eirin: "Hakurei Maiden, I'll give you my Elixir. Time to prove your worth for Gensokyo!"

Kanako: "For this time, use my Faith to crush our enemies!"

Utsuho: "Use my Nuclear Fusions to make that thing pay for Orin!"

Junko: "This time we all are pissed-off for the presence of this being. I'm with you for now!"

Reimu: "Are you ready? Now it's you who will look at his own mirror of pain. You have ended enough lifes but not for long! We refuse your macabre existence and your twisted plots. This time I won't solve the incident alone! Ultimate Last Word: Gensokyo's Will!"

First, everything was filled with thick Scarlet Mist. A red full moon was being showed. Many scarlet magical bullets heavily managed the Adephagos. It was Remilia's Scarlet Gensokyo last spell but with the bullets turning into bats who would impact against the target sucking its blood and exploding. Then, a great cherry blossom tree appeared behind, and started to fire a great amount of sakura spell tags cutting the opponents in various fragments, it was Yuyuko's Border of Life last spell. After that, the Scarlet Moon would become pure and full. A circle of black and green pill-form bullets would surround them. A great magical arrow rain would fall while enormous green spheres. After all the hits, a vast amount of blue bullets would fall in a spinning rain in a form of a bottle with some liquid inside. It was Eirin's last spell, Forbidden Medicine: Hourai's Elixir. The Adephagos was desperate trying to regenerate and Zan is roaring in pain. A monstruous amoun of amulets was growing like a mountain. This time, the Mountain of Faith from Kanako was twice as big and started falling over the enemy including Fantasy Seal orbs. When they were agonizing at the ground, Reimu would prepare the next spell.

Zan: "N-No... stop! STOOOP!"

A nuclear alarm would sound announcing the last spell from Utsuho, Subterranean Sun. A vast amount of nuclear energy formed above Reimu a titanic red bullet and many smaller suns formed around including even smaller bullets, Zan and his world eater were swallowed with powerful gravity and they would burn until Reimu made the Sun go down and explode with a Supernova. Before anything could be seen.

Reimu: "Why would I stop, huh? You didn't stop before. This is not just from me... this is from every youkai that hates you! And do yo know why? Not because a stupid imposed law or anything like that. It's because you wanted to kill us when they have changed. DIE! YOU HAVE NO PLACE IN GENSOKYO!"

Junko's Pure Sign: Pristine Danmaku Hell was starting. The magical red and blue bullets made explosions like if they were fireworks, forming circle of blazing bullets that would cross between them accompained with a quick barrage of purple long-shaped bullets. The enemy was reduce to dust but it started using "Resurrection". But that wasn't everything. Yukari's voice would be heard.

Yukari: "Oh-hohoho~. I'm so proud of you, my darling maiden! Shall we do it?"

Reimu & Yukari: "Ultimate Last Word: Eternal Yakumo and Hakurei Arcanum Barrier!"

A new border barrier was being raised from Reimu's body to restore Reality thanks to Yukari's power. The enemy disappeared once for all, and everything turned back to normal. The temple was never destroyed and everyone was there falling on the ground from the Black Hole opened by the Adephagos. When Victory was achieved, Reimu awakes at the Shrine's living room in Yukari's arms. A familiar giggle would be heard and with previous warning a soft french kiss would fall on the maiden's lips.

Yukari: "Welcome back, sleeping beauty~. Oooh, look how red you are, hmhmhm~."

The Shrine Maiden blushes deeply.

Reimu: "I could get used to this..."

Yukari: "Wow, so do you really like to be teased~"

Reimu: "Honestly... my face tells you everything."

Yukari: "We'll have some private training but for tonight. For now we have visitors to see~."

Remilia: "Well done, Hakurei Maiden."

Sakuya: "It's impossible to imagine Reimu failing in battle."

Reimu: "To be honest, it wasn't just me. You all helped me this time."

Remilia: "It's almost morning. We should get going back. Meiling must be waiting for you."

Sakuya: "Reimu, pass by the Mansion sometime with Yukari-Sama. I'll make sure you are at home."

Reimu: "Thanks, Sakuya."

Yuyuko: "Youmu, we are doing another party here! Bring the yum things~."

Youmu: "I-I'll go at once!"

Reisen: "Let me help you, honey!"

Keine: "It was close. But thanks to the efforts from everyone, History can go on."

Mokou: "That bastard made me lose several lives but I have plenty of time left. Pass by the Bamboo Forest sometime you want."

Keine: "We have to go to the ruined Fujiwara Manor to research an important matter. Someone has already left. Take care!"

Reimu: "Thank you, Keine."

For once in much time, Reimu was smiling sincerely and without any frustration.

Reimu: "For once I won't complain about parties here. They deserve it. Is everyone allright?"

Yukari: "Utsuho is with Orin. Nitori and Eirin are healing the wounded. They will come anytime soon. Ran and Suika are still alive. The small oni ended fighting because she likes you very much. She said that you are her elder sister."

Reimu: "Suika... alright. From now on, I'm her sister."

Yukari: "Later you should come with me to drink~ hohoho of course you invite!"

Reimu: "What a freeloader..."

Says the Maiden... without stopping her smile.

Reimu: "But you are my freeloader after all. Can't wait to see Suika lauching fireworks again."

Yukari: "And you are my Eternal Hakurei Master."

After that journey full of anguish, stress and that last final crude battle, Gensokyo could be in peace at last like if anything didn't happen. For the following days, a massive party would have place to celebrate the Victory.

THE END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 242 13
"πš‚πš‘πš˜πš  πš–πšŽ πš’πš˜πšžπš› πš‹πš›πš˜πš”πšŽπš— πš‘πšŽπšŠπš›πš πšŠπš—πš πšŠπš•πš• πš’πš˜πšžπš› πšœπšŒπšŠπš›πšœ, πš‹πšŠπš‹πš’ 𝙸'πš•πš• πšπšŠπš”πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŠπš›πšŽ" Two adults wh...
67.9K 1.4K 31
β˜ΌοΈŽπΊπ‘œπ‘—π‘œ π‘†π‘Žπ‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘₯ πΉπ‘’π‘šπ‘Žπ‘™π‘’ π‘…π‘’π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ! _ "𝐡𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 π‘¦π‘œπ‘’'π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘šπ‘¦ 𝑑𝑦𝑝𝑒, π‘ π‘œ 𝐼'π‘š π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘™π‘™π‘¦ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘ŽοΏ½...
5.3K 98 9
This story could be considered a self-insert, however it is also an OC and projection character for many others. This character is going to travel th...
35.4K 1K 90
The story of a young man, Shun who is transported to the world of Gensokyo. As he wandered through the unfamiliar landscape, Shun was discovered by R...