Touhou - The Eternal Hakurei...

By IkariHakurei

Reimu is a Shrine Maiden loved by Youkai. Her main role was to exterminate them and even if she did solve ton... More

Prologue: An Ominous Premonition.
Chapter 2: Return to the Former Hell
Chapter 3: Miss Keine, the Love Coach
Chapter 4: Eientei's Facade
Chapter 5: The Maiden's inner anguish
Chapter 6: The Heaven
Chapter 7: At Youkai Mountain
Final Chapter: Gensokyo's Will

Chapter 1: A Shadow over Gensokyo.

237 4 1
By IkariHakurei

The next morning did arrive at the Land of Fantasy. Sun is coming out and the perfect human maid from the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Sakuya Izayoi(1) prepares herself to do her cleaning job. Calmed as always she looks at the surroundings of the scarlet mansion's corridor and its red carpet.

(1): An incredibily beautiful woman of short silver hair and cold blue eyes in a maid suit. She can manipulate time, space and use knifes as if she was a ninja. Second in comand in the Scarlet Devil Mansion faction, a dangerous foe in the past and now one of the best Reimu's allies being the one who helped the Maiden most times without counting Marisa.

Sakuya: "The schedule for today is cleaning the corridors, getting out the garbage and..."

Without even blinking or changing her face gets something in the air. It was a crow tengu(2) with short black straight hair, a small black and red hat and a white dress with a black miniskirt. She was being grabbed by her neck while revolving at great speed like a fish that was got out ot the water. It was hilarious to see her face with blank eyes turning blue from the lack of oxygen.

(2): Aya Shameimaru is the main face of Bunbunmaru News, a crow tengu that makes hilarious fake news proving she's a better comedian than journalist. She's one of the main sources of comedy in Gensokyo.

Sakuya: "You again, Aya? Seems like some garbage can fly. You never learn it seems, if the sign says "Don't tresspass and don't disturb Meiling(3)" you shouldn't do it."

(3): Hong Meiling, known as Miss China is a tall long-red haired and green-eyed woman with a golden heart who usually wears a chinese martial artist attire of the same color on her alluring strong body cultivated from martial arts. However, she sleeps easily during her guard turn at the Mansion's gate, which makes easy for intruders to enter. In the end is Sakuya who must do everything.

The journalist just revolves even faster.

Aya: "Extra-Extra... ugh! I would like to breath!"

The Maid lets her go and crosses her arms with knifes ready between her fingers.

Sakuya: "Explain your target coming here before my daggers are used to make fried crow steak. The mistress is sleeping at this hour."

Aya: "B-Breaking news... gasp! We are in danger!"

Exclaims showing a can of soda with extra caffeine. In that moment, Sakuya understood everything and even her who rarely is surprised shows a shock expression.

Sakuya: "Do you want to kill us all or what? The Little Mistress can't drink anything with too much sugar!"

Something was approaching very fast. Concretely, Flandre Scarlet(4) but not just one. After using her spell, Four of a Kind she just did multiply herself and they come with a cute... but psycho smile on their face showing her fangs. The three copies and the real one started talking at the same time.

(4): Remilia Scarlet's little sister. A more than 400 years old vampire child with a fearsome power. She has a blonde bob hair made in a half side ponytail and wears a crimson red dress. Another characteristic are her beautiful demonic wings ornamented by different colored gems. She wields the legendary searing blade Laevateinn.

Flandre: "I want to play! Let's play a tennis match with Laevateinn as a Racket and a big fireball, Hahahaha! Miss Tengu~, don't run! I wanna play!"

Aya: "Hyaaaaaah! She did got my can when I was just at the bathroom! I only wanted to make compromised photos to expose you in revenge from the last time!"

Screams while fleeing with a tengu extreme speed. Sakuya sighs and stops the time flow.

Sakuya: "Time to clean. I'll cut the problem's main source."

With a single gesture, events start rewinding in that area. Seeing Aya and Flandre talking and doing gesture backwards was something curious, without a doubt the crow tengu was born to be a comedian. Sakuya followed her path until a bathroom. When Flandre undrinked the soda, Sakuya removed it and got some hot milk from the kitchen as quick as she could, carrying the glass and Flandre to her room.

Sakuya: "The catastrophe has been avoided. Now, I'll punish that journalist for her trespassing."

Returns to where Aya is and uses her Camera to get a panty shot of the Tengu. Waits outside of the bathroom and ends the spell. When the black-haired crow comes out, Sakuya shows the Panty shot of her camera.

Sakuya: "These ones are yours. You came looking for compromising news, so you got in trouble. Leave before I start showing people this, you'll have to get another camera. You don't make my cleaning any easier."

Says with her usual calmed voice tone but with a faint smile. Aya makes an exaggerated jump with the surprised putting lamb eyes to Sakuya. She's hardly blushed.

Aya: "Give me that back please! I-I didn't know that you were a pervert! You are already going out with Miss China, you harem seeker!"

After those sentences, the maid starts getting visibly angry. Prepares two daggers and wields them like if they were kunais.

Sakuya: "My relationship with the gatekeeper is nothing of your concern. Eternal Meek!"

Uses a spell that increases her speed and starts stabbing Aya without stopping. Some hilarious screams were heard in all the mansion, the crow ends flying outside and Meiling awakes from her usual nap.

Meiling: "Huh? What did happen? Oh no... not again! Sakuya, stand back! I'll protect you!"

In an impulsive action she gets in front of Sakuya with her right leg in a half up stance. The maid before the idea of getting protected by a taller woman with her figure became blushed for short seconds.

Sakuya: "There's no problem, Meiling. But try to stay awake, understood? I'll make you hot coffee to help."

Meiling: "Aww, thank you Sakuya."

The maid's blushing go harder and she turns around with her closed eyes.

Sakuya: "Is nothing. Patchouli(5) should be more aware and stop reading for a moment."

(5): The librarian mage of the mansion. She's an ashmathic long purple blunt-haired cute and stunning woman who guards all the written knowledge of the library... without success because the black magician Marisa Kirisame is always "borrowing" something.

Meiling: "Miss Patchouli is busy reading with Lady Alice."

Sakuya: "When a Mage picks up a book, it becomes impossible. Well, I shall restart my cleaning."

When the maid gets back inside, a vampire with reddish attires and short wavy betweem silver and purple hair appears yawning. She has small bat wings and crimson red eyes like her sister.

Remilia: "Good morning, Sakuya. The noise from before did awake me. Was it an intruder?"

Sakuya: "The tengu reporter. She has been cleaned from the carpet."

Remilia: "Good job, honestly that crow should quit journalism and start a comedy café. Ah, I almost forgot with all of this noise, prepare my parasol. I'm off and you are coming with me."

Sakuya: "To visit Reimu?"

Remilia: "Indeed. But this won't be just a visit to pray on her Shrine. There's more... lately, the sky was very strange. I saw last night like something trying to enter our world from another dimension. The power it had was frightening but nothing capable of make me flinch."

Sakuya: "Then, shall we go to hunt that unknown being?"

Remilia: "Yes, that's the reason why I need you and the Maiden's help. Gungnir is thirsty for some blood."

The maid brought a pink parasol to the vampire to prevent any sunburn and got some hot coffee. They went to the gate and Meiling was fighting to not sleep again.

Meiling: "Oh no... not again!"

Sakuya: "Have this coffee, Meiling."

After the Maid giving it to the gatekeeper, they kiss each other on the lips. Meiling embraces Sakuya putting her head on the chest for some shorts seconds and she lets her do it with a sweet smile.

Meiling: "That will be a big help. Are you two going out?"

Remilia: "We need to attend an important matter at Hakurei Temple. Stay awake."

Meiling: "I-I will! Everything depends on me! Come back safely!"

Remilia: "Believe in your Mistress, your maid won't come back dead. She's very reliable."

Sakuya: "Thank you, Mistress."

Remilia: "She's lucky with you. Very well, let's get going."

The two girls depart into the Misty Lake, and suddenly they see Mokou, Keine on her disguised form and the three members from Yakumo Clan.

Remilia: "It's not very usual to meet this reunion. The same Yukari Yakumo travelling with two new people. I remember you two from the Imperishable Night incident, Keine and Mokou."

Sakuya: "Are you up to something?"

Yukari: "Something? Well I was just going to Hakurei Temple and get some food~."

Obviously, Yukari was joking. Her giggle was the first sign of her not taking the question seriously

Ran: "We are going to warn the maiden about something terrible and lend her our help."

Chen: "You two should help us too, meow. Everything in Gensokyo will be affected if the Miss's suspicion comes true."

Remilia: "Now that you mention it, I'm trying to hunt down some sort of being that literally broke the sky last night."

Keine: "That's without any doubt the thing my History Parchment should be writing about."

Mokou: "Join us and we'll take less time to investigate what's happening. According to Miss Yakumo we all are necessary. Imagine the magnitude of this if Reimu and Yukari alone aren't enough."

Yukari: "That's why I must protect her."

Said now seriously, fact that surprised everyone there. Some shadows were coming over the land darknening the sunlight. The sky looked like a bit transparent, like if something was above. The Sage opens a dimensional gap to Hakurei Temple.

Yukari: "We must be hurry.  Enter here."

Meanwhile, at Hakurei Shrine everything was as quiet as usual. Reimu and Suika were sweeping the wooden floor with the Oni making funny drunk dance.

Reimu: "You're having fun, huh?"

Suika: "Yep! *Hiccup!* I'm gooonna make you smiilee with some fiirewoorks *Hip!*"

Reimu: "What I'm gonna do with you... alright, when we are over cleaning we'll drink all the booze before some giggling hag comes to steal it."

Suika: "Yay!"

Makes a mortal jump landing on her feet while firing from her hands some fireworks that explode in the sky with beautiful sparkle effects.

Yukari: "You hurt my feelings~..."

A gap suddenly appears behind the Maiden, the Sage was embracing her from behind making sure she feels the chest on her head like pillows. Softly whispers on Reimu's ear with a playful smile.

Yukari: "Re-i-mu~ hohohoho~."

Her reaction was  her cheeks turning insanely red, the maiden likes to be teased by her mentor but she doesn't admit it.

Reimu: "D-Don't do that in front of Suika, you freeloader!"

Exclaims before jumping from the shock of feeling her warmth and suggestive whisper that felt like a caressing.

Suika: "Ow? Is Miss Yukari doooing something wrong? *Hic?*"

Yukari: "Not at all, little Suika~. Now let me speak with Reimu, hm?"

Headpats the Oni and she reacts with a goofy smile.

Suika: "Okaay, *hic!* I'll let adults haave fuun!"

Reimu: "Having fun? Honestly I don't know where do you learn such things. If I get the culprit... now, Yukari. Tell me what do you want this time."

Yukari: "No need to react so serious, my dear maiden~. I did bring guests."

From the gap the rest of the party emerges.

Reimu: "Gimme a break... another incident? What are all of you doing here, girls? Honestly, my day drinking with Suika... ruined. I'm getting pissed off. Who do I need to exterminate. It's going to pay."

Keine: "You look like not being aware of the shadows and the suddenly transparent sky. Tell me what do you think."

Mokou: "Don't you see like something tries to emerge from there."

Reimu: "The Hakurei Barrier..."

Yukari: "It seems like that unknown entity is trying to break it."

Ran: "Miss Yukari, could you explain everything you know to us?"

Chen: "I'm gonna play with Suika, meow! Call me when whe are off, Miss Ran!"

When the smaller Yakumo went out of the scene, Yukari showed a serious face.

Yukari: "After creating Gensokyo, we had to pact with an overnatural entity to maintain a balance. A constant war between the races to maintain their numbers at a certain amount. The main job to reduce the Youkai was given to the Hakurei Shrine Maidens. But when I started to interact with them everything got less violent, now not a single Youkai ceases to exist and they normally end doing good things to Gensokyo's Harmony. Of course I did try to take care and not intervene directly too much times to avoid this scenary. It did realize about my plan and now... it's trying to come. It's so dangerous that I'm not sure if we are enoughly strong."

Sakuya: "I don't care about its strenght. It must be stopped."

Remilia: "A nice trophy for me indeed. But we should choose or plan carefully."

Suddenly, the sky itself broke in a great white hole. From it some sort of humanoid being undistinguishable due to its dazzling light descended towards the Shrine. It started to talk with a powerful male voice.

?: "I am the administrator of everything in Gensokyo. The Hakurei Maiden has been accused of avoiding her role. Not a single youkai died in years. She's going to be judged! Reimu Hakurei, the sentence for your transgression is to reset Gensokyo and purge all your mistakes, your life is the price to pay! The Last Judgement will happen in ten days. Arrange your affairs and say goodbye to your beloved ones."

Sakuya: "Your seconds talking big are over and my patience grows short. Time Sign: Luna Dial!"

Sakuya caused the time to stop and many green shining daggers appeared surrounding that unknown being. When they did strike, the attack missed since he wasn't there.

Sakuya: "Heh, this one is skilled. I see now why we must cooperate."

Reimu: "He was fast. I was going to nail him some sealing needles until he asked me for pity."

Yukari: "It was... Zan Hakurei, the Hakurei Administrator, Reimu. Your hidden superior has been watching over you for more than myself. But I have never guessed that he could guess my hidden intentions. You saw Sakuya's attempt, this opponent is a big deal, we should reunite more power than this. That man despises Youkai more than anything and everyone who protect or care about them. The creature you see above is a spell of him and we can't save the Barrier."

Keine: "I suggest going separated by groups and each one of us should travel through different areas to speak with every faction."

Mokou: "Also we should start training harder on our spells. This being seems beyond everything I have imagined."

Ran: "I find this the best possible idea."

Reimu: "*Sighs*, here we go again I suppose. Let me go to the Underground and the Hell. Zan Hakurei... so he was my <Superior>. But all he did was nothing. I did learn everything from myself and Yukari, and any girl here did more than him to help me stop incidents. He's just some selfish bastard."

Remilia: "We will investigate the Bamboo Forest and the Youkai Mountain. If someone goes against Hakurei Temple, is an enemy to us."

Keine: "Very well, then only the Netherworld and the Heaven remains. Good luck to everyone! We'll teach a lesson to that bad-mannered thing!"

Mokou: "Better. I don't want to go to Eientei because I would probably set everything in flames. No hard feelings with moon rabits but Kaguya deserves to burn."

Ran: "Chen! We must be going!"

The cat appears with the oni.

Reimu: "So me and Yukari, Ran and Chen Remilia and Sakuya, Keine and Mokou. I see... hey Suika, defend the Temple in my absence!"

Suika: "Understood, *hic*"

Yukari: "In ten days we'll meet here again. The time has come and now the bonds that Hakurei Temple made with all Gensokyo's Factions will be something crucial to put an end to this."

After the reunion they started flying in different ways to commence their mission. With a limited time to save everything, in this ocassion they would have to fight an unknown entity apparently above from the Gensokyo Sages. It would be probably one of the worst incidents ever. Would be the girls capable of stopping the catastrophe?

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 114 44
"I think your teacher is in true love with someone." (Satoru Gojo x OC!Uzumaki) ยท Yayoi Amamiya, female, 25 years old, former Uzumaki clan member, no...
43.2K 1.4K 27
Yuzu, Mei and Himeko were best friends in the childhood and got along pretty well but after Mei's mother got murdered and her father left the family...
5.3K 98 9
This story could be considered a self-insert, however it is also an OC and projection character for many others. This character is going to travel th...
53.4K 2.1K 12
You couldn't tell by looking at her, but [Y/n] is an assassin, is surprisingly good at her job. She only has one weakness...her love for one of her p...