Touhou - The Eternal Hakurei...

By IkariHakurei

Reimu is a Shrine Maiden loved by Youkai. Her main role was to exterminate them and even if she did solve ton... More

Chapter 1: A Shadow over Gensokyo.
Chapter 2: Return to the Former Hell
Chapter 3: Miss Keine, the Love Coach
Chapter 4: Eientei's Facade
Chapter 5: The Maiden's inner anguish
Chapter 6: The Heaven
Chapter 7: At Youkai Mountain
Final Chapter: Gensokyo's Will

Prologue: An Ominous Premonition.

447 4 2
By IkariHakurei

The Full Moon was shining above Gensokyo, a land of Fantasy separated from our world. There, Humans, Youkai and other creatures like Tengus live in harmony until an incident occurs. But the powerful Maiden from the Hakurei Shrine, Reimu is the one who always make peace in the land forcing the culprits to cease their activities. Many living beings of all the races are grateful to her for her efforts even if her donation box is always empty since she's supposed to destroy Youkai but she doesn't since they are still alive, violating the main rule of a Hakurei Maiden's role. But until now, there were no consequences...

At the Bamboo Forest, near from the Human Village, a green and silver-haired beautiful beast woman with a pair of horns and a fluffy tail is flying through the sky. It was Keine Kamishirasawa in her True Form (1)

(1): Keine is a Hakutaku, a beast of the History. She knows every event present, past and future in Gensokyo due to her record scroll. Without full moon she disguises as a human history teacher with blue instead of green colors. She can modify events and hide them, but in her true form she can even create new ones. Always acts as a responsible adult, but on her full moon appearance, some chaos is added to her personality.

Keine: "I feel something weird in the ambience. This is interesting, another incident? Hehehe, so the Maiden has more work to do. Let's see the scroll."

From her breasts she gets an old mystical parchment scroll with plenty of ink caligraphy and drawings on it.

Keine: "Tomorrow, something will come and peace in all Gensokyo will be menaced in the worst possible way. It's not very specific... this looks bad, the last time I had an event without every detail was catastrophic. Time to act like a responsible adult."

Suddenly some shining flames were twinkling through the trees, it was a girl with long, blunt white hair made into a big ponytail with a ribbon. She was wearing a white shirt with red pants filled with amulets. It was Fujiwara No Mokou (2)

(2): She's an almighty phoenix who has a quarrel with the exiled Moon Princess Kaguya. Took the legendary Hourai Elixir and now she can't die so easily.

Mokou: "So you was here. I was worried to not seeing you at home, Keine. When there's full moon you tend to be everything except a responsible adult."

Keine: "Come on, we have to relax from time to time. And I have plenty of days to correct my students's exams. I believe that almost all of them did pass. Don't you want some private classes with the teacher?"

Answers with a mischievous smile caressing the phoenix girl's face. Mokou's answer is nodding with her cheeks turning red.

Keine: "Anyway there's one topic I would like to discuss with you. Read at this page and tell me what do you find here. Justify your answer."

Mokou: "You don't leave the Teacher's acting even here, huh? Very well... hmmm... <Gensokyo will be menaced in the worst possible way> as if all the incidents from before weren't problematic.

Keine: "This looks like a story worthy of be recorded but we should tell the Youkai Sage everything we know to see if she could give us some info."

Mokou: "Are you talking about Yakumo Clan's head? It may be dangerous to enter her Sanctuary without giving a previous explanation. Her powers are greater than even mine."

Keine: "I see it a perfect plan. She's attached enough to Reimu to give us an audience. Nothing will happen to us."

Once in the Yakumo Sanctuary surroundings, the atmosphere was charged, in fact a faint purple aura was visible all over the place. Ran Yakumo(3) did stop both visitors with her sleeping clothes.

(3): Second in command at Yakumo Clan, she's Yukari's Shikigami, a kitsune who is very loyal to her master. She has short bob blonde hair and is wearing a white and blue oriental dress that protects her impressive figure.

Ran: "What are you two doing here in the middle of the night? If you don't have a good reason to coming, prepare to try my spells."

Mokou: "Is your master at home?"

Keine: "I would like to show you my scroll. If you read the previous pages you can find even the color of your panties. That would serve as a proof of this not being a lie. Then, after you make every necessary comprobation, read the last lines. This parchment contains every story in Gensokyo. Past, present and future and all about its inhabitants, Ran Yakumo."

Mokou: "Was it necessary talking about her underwear?"

Keine: "I don't see any kid or student at this hour. It serves as an example."

The Kitsune takes a look into the extensive text, reading carefully.

Ran: "You are the Beast of History as I can see. Only a being could have this scroll, I'll believe you but come with me and don't do anything funny. I'll escort you to my Master, but I warn you... she's even more chaotic than you, Hakutaku."

Keine: "I have heard so. Yukari Yakumo is a bit unpredictable sometimes."

Keine and Mokou follow the Kitsune to the dephts of the Sanctuary's Terrains to find an imponent and extremely beautiful Youkai that doesn't appear to have her age. A tall and impressive blonde woman with her long mane ornamented with red ribbons and a youkai hat wearing a dress like the one Ran has but with purple instead of blue. She was drinking hot sake and laughing.

Yukari: "Oh-hohoho, Reimu is gonna see tomorrow! My new prank is a masterpiece!"

Ran: "Miss Yukari, I did bring a Hakutaku and a Phoenix. Their names are Keine and Mokou and they have important news."

Yukari: "Important news, huh? What could be so important to come here in the middle of night? You seem to be worried, Ran."

The Old Sage had a charming playful grin on her face. She wasn't even worried, like almost always.

Mokou: "Is about the future of Gensokyo, Keine will show you."

The three explain the situation to Yukari and she reacts putting a more serious face now.

Yukari: "... sincerely, I don't have any idea. Tomorrow I will tell it to Reimu after teasing her as usual. And I should be investigating the Hakurei Barrier just in case something strange comes here to give trouble."

Ran: "If even Miss Yukari is serious about this... that means..."

Yukari: "I have a suspicion. Gensokyo has been too harmonious with every faction's coexisting with its highs and lows thanks to Reimu's efforts. If is that being, we'll need to reunite everyone to act as soon as possible. That includes myself, Ran and Chen. You two should come by Hakurei Temple tomorrow too."

Meanwhile, at Mystia Lorelei's(4) wandering restaurant, Reimu Hakurei, the famous Shrine Maiden, a girl with straight brown hair in a half ponytail and a red and white priestess attire was tired as usual, sitting in front of the Night Sparrow.

(4): A Night Sparrow who runs a lamprey-specialized restaurant. She offers other food and plenty of alcoholic drinks too. She has a pink bob hair and uses a cute blue kimono while working.

Reimu: "I need something strong. Sigh... what a day."

Mystia: "Have some sake. Are you tired, Reimu?"

She looks at her surroundings. Gensokyo was a land characterized by its comical chaos. A Zombie Fairy was playing shogi against another one. They were fighting each other with intimidating look that would be worthy of a gag while a third one was helping Orin (5) to park the cart somewhere. When she did it, Eiki Shiki descended to scold her (6) for doing it in an illegal place. At the other side, Reisen (7) could be seen drunk talking bad about Kaguya for forcing her to work too much. Youmu (8) was at her side comforting her and telling the moon bunny that she would bake some cake for her.

(5): Orin is a two tailed black cat youkai with humanoid alternative form, a blunt red-haired girl that has her hair normally in two cute braids and wears a green dress. She has minions, the charming zombie fairies that have developed hobbies and even complex emotions with time. With her cart she goes for corpses to maintain the Underground's geyser temperature. She's very nice and cheerful.
(6): Eiki Shiki is the Judge, an entity that acts lessoning those who make a mistake... scolding them too much perhaps. She wears a blue oriental dress with golden ornaments and has green bob hair.
(7): Reisen is a medic apprentice from Dr. Eirin, Kaguya's main retainer and caretaker. She has purple long hair, white bunny ears and has a black suit with tie combining with a cute pink skirt. She's tired from being work-abused.
(8): A half ghost, half human woman with a beautiful blunt bob silver hair and charming blue eyes. Gardener from the Netherworld who at the same time is an expert with Roukanken, her sharpened katana. Her attitude is sometimes heartwarming and she's highly loyal to her friends.

Reimu: Yes... too tired of everything. No donation box profit, Yukari still stealing my food and the booze and guess what... Suika did explode fireworks inside of the temple again.

The Maiden sighs.

Reimu: "Look, Mystia. I work with youkai like you, I can't say I don't like you all... and I can't say the other thing because I'm a shrine maiden. But sometimes is too much."

Mystia: "But without them you would be really bored, don't you think?"

Reimu: "If only someone did donate... but it's my fault so I don't have right to complain."

Digs in the entire Tokkuri (9), swallowing all the drink in one take.

(9): Something to drink sake.

Reimu: "But... I guess I couldn't be without them after all."

Adds, thinking on the sweet moments embracing Suika until she sleeps or how Yukari laughs when she makes some teasing.

Reimu: "Yukari taught me many things. In part is because of her that I can solve the worst incidents."

Mystia: "See? They are important to you. Now allow me to attend the rest of the clients. It will be free of charge for you since we owe you very much."

Reimu: "Hey, thanks... you aren't so bad to humans after all."

Mystia: "I was, but since I've met you that has changed. Humans are an important percentage of my clients nowadays."

While drinking, the three Fairies of Light (10) were ready to prank Reimu. They laugh while fluttering around.

(10): Star Sapphire, a fairy with brown blunt hair, Luna Child, a blonde fairy with curly hair and Sunny Milk another blonde fairy with bob hair in two half ponytails, they are very used to do heavy pranks worthy of be recorded.

Star: "Look, she's not even aware of anything, hehehe!

Luna: "We'll get her chair out and then prepare to fly away!"

Sunny: "Let's gooo!"

After making Reimu fall to the ground with a strong noise, they laugh loudly and begin to run.

Reimu: "Aaagh, my back! Come here you annoying fairies!"

Angry with them, the Shrine Maiden starts flying behind with a scary blood-lusting expression.

Star: "Oh no, she did notice us!"

Reimu: "Spirit sign: Fantasy Seal!"

After getting an amulet, Reimu would summon one of her spell cards: Various shining orbs with different colors would fly around her before going for the fairies and exploding in a vast nuke of pure energy. The fairies did fall with a hilarious face of twisted eyes...

Sunny: "You... you are so rough and evil!"

Star: "Too rude!"

Luna: "You have no humor sense!"

They exclaim before hitting the ground.

Reimu: "Your pranks aren't funny! I hope you think twice next time!"

Sighs before continuing to her Temple.

Reimu: "Really, give me a break. Those fairies need to learn to not be so annoying."

Finds a horned child youkai with light-brown long hair, it was Suika sleeping at the Torii Gate of the Shrine, sleeping like if nothing could happen. The Maiden's expression change to a more soften one.

Reimu: "Waiting for me again?"

In dreams, Suika extends her arms to her host.

Suika: "... Reimu..."

Reimu: "I can't get angry with you. But... you don't have to make me feel bad if you catch a cold here."

Gets the Oni on her arms and starts walking.

Reimu: "Let's go to sleep before the freeloader starts lurking and giggling. I had enough fun for today and something feels out of usual. I don't know what... or why."

After that, another day was going to be over in Gensokyo. Tomorrow probably could be the beginning of another adventure. Reimu was already burned out, but she wouldn't stop in the end if that means to protect the Fantasy World.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599 7 24
Reiko Souji, everyone believes her to be just a normal 20 year old woman but she is hiding more secrets than meets the eye. One morning Reiko is tol...
67.8K 1.4K 31
☼︎𝐺𝑜𝑗𝑜 𝑆𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑢 𝑥 𝐹𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟! _ "𝐵𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒, 𝑠𝑜 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑎�...
19.3K 340 12
A hikari cannot live without a yami. A hikari without a yami has a year to live and will slowly vanish, the said hikari will become particles of lig...
267 0 15
(Its a fanfiction story of yuu yuu hakusho centered on youko kurama with one of my own character misaki sensui.) A connection that binds them togethe...