His Veiled Sunshine

By ankitawrites_Xx

"She was a rose in the hands of those, who had no intention of keeping her." Lily Azreal Rain was the definit... More

Character Aesthetics and Prologue
1. Facts and Blood
3. That Goddamn Voice

2. The Scar of Love.

208 21 2
By ankitawrites_Xx

First of all, let me thank my darling TheGalaxy_Rider for this lovely header. Thank you love. <3

"You know Brand Adhesive Bandages made their first appearance on the market in 1920. The earliest versions were made by hand, measuring three inches wide and eighteen inches long." I said while carefully wrapping his fist in gauze.

I had been shooting facts here and there so that he doesn't feel any pain while I tend to his wounds but it seemed like he didn't feel any pain at all. He just kept on looking at me with a blank face. His green eyes hinted nothing but disinterest.

"Do you always stay silent or today is some special occasion?", I asked him while I neared his face to clean the wound with the antiseptic we bought at the drug store a few minutes ago.

"Why did I ask your help?", he murmured under his breath, still looking at me with that same blank expression. I had to clear my throat before I could continue.

"You're the only one who can talk here and I'm running out of conversation topics," I explained with a small smile, hoping he would get the hint and continue to talk, instead of remaining silent as a normal person would do.

"I doubt that.", he finally said with a slight smirk. I rolled my eyes and placed a bandaid on the left of his forehead which had a small cut.

"You haven't told me how you got hurt? You aren't a criminal, are you?" I asked cautiously. He looked at me as if he was never serious about me before.

"What if I am?", he said gravely.

The probability that this gorgeous guy was a criminal is one by two.

"You're joking, right?", I asked in disbelief. He looked at me with a blank expression.

Nineteen-year-old girl found dead in a park due to her stupidity.

"I'm not a criminal.", he concluded in a statement. I looked at him with a confused expression."I got into a slight accident and got hurt. Don't be scared."

"Who? Who's scared?", I said with a nervous laugh. "Not me for sure. Why would I be scared of you? I know Karate and I can protect myself.", I said and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sure."

Damn his Corpse Husband voice.

"Do you know that the word karate comes from 'kara', which means empty and 'te', which means hand?"

"Am I irritating you with my talks?" I asked because I didn't want him to leave, it's been a long since I'd a company besides my buddy.

"No." My heart fluttered with happiness. He didn't find my talks annoying as others did.

"You're so sweet, darling." His eyes snapped towards mine and I saw a spark in his eyes.

"Darling?"

"You won't tell me your name. I had to call you by something."

"What are you doing here at this hour?", he asked and I felt my nervousness coming to the surface. What will I tell him? That hey, my aunt is drunk and whenever she's not in her right senses, she would throw me out of the house.

"I love midnight walks."

"Murderers do too.", he said and I laughed pushing my hood down.

"This is a safe locality but I didn't know you cared, darling."

I looked down at my wristwatch and it was already past one. I should go home. Although a major part of me wanted to stay here, I didn't want to risk leaving my aunt alone anymore.

"Bye, darling." I waved at him smiling and started walking away. He didn't speak or even call me back. I sighed and walked towards the exit of the park but just when I was about to leave, I heard him."Aiden. My name is Aiden."

I smiled internally.

Goodbye Aiden.

I wish we meet soon again.

As soon as I reached my house, my heart sank with guilt. Aunt Cass was lying on the couch with a bottle of cheap liquor in her hand.

Her condition is getting worse with each passing day.

I sighed and wrapped her injured hand in gauze and then wrapped a blanket around her.

Why did you run away, Sierra?

I walked to my room and sat on my bed. I felt tears start to form in my eyes. I was so scared of leaving Aunt Cass alone. I won't let her drink anymore. I didn't want to leave her alone. She may die if I left her. I can handle her temper, it's not like it happens every day. But if she starts drinking alcohol, she will be angry at everything. I can't take the chance. I'll have to stay here. What will I answer Sierra when she comes back?

I sighed as I walked to my bathroom and finally pushed down the hood off my face. I took a deep breath and looked at my reflection in the mirror. 

The tears fell down my face as I looked at the nasty scar on the left side of my face. It was an ugly secret only I and this mirror knew. I didn't tell about it to buddy even.

My heart felt so heavy. The pain in my heart almost felt unbearable. I tried not to cry but I couldn't help it.

If only I'd stopped her that day, everything would have been different.

Everything would have been perfect, the way it used to be.

I traced the scar on my face. It was a permanent reminder of everything I lost. It was as if the entire room was suffused with a soft, golden glow. I shook my head and washed my face. I changed into my pyjamas and crawled into bed.

As soon as my eyes closed, a pair of green eyes flashed in my mind. Unknowingly, I felt calm. I felt at ease. I felt my breathing slow. The world seemed to be in silence. The world seemed to be at peace.

I don't know why but his mere thought calmed me. The pain in my heart diminished. The golden glow in the room dissipated. The world was quiet again.

I wanted to meet him again, to talk to him. I wanted to learn more about him. I wanted to know how one thought of him can make me feel so calm. I wanted to know how I could feel so comfortable around him, even though he was a stranger to me. 

The next morning, I woke up with a start. I had a dream, a strange dream. I saw a familiar pair of green eyes.

I can't seem to get them out of my mind.

I shook my head and wiped the sleep from my eyes. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. After freshening up, I wore a quirky cute hoodie and a pair of mom jeans. I put on some black, shoes and put on my hood and I was ready to leave for the bakery.

As I descended the stairs, an aroma of freshly baked bread wafted through the air.

This means she wasn't intoxicated.

I smiled as I saw Aunt Cass in the kitchen brewing coffee. She was wearing a pair of faded blue jeans, a black top, and a white t-shirt, her hair in a messy bun. She turned and her face fell. "Lily."

"Good morning, Aunt."

"Lily I'm sorry for..." I interrupted her by asking her what was for the breakfast. As I took the first bite of my croissant, I heard her sigh. I looked at her and she was still looking down at the table.

"I hurt you again, didn't I?"

"No, Aunt. You didn't hurt me." I said as I held her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze."Please don't drink anymore. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"I'm trying Lily. I won't drink from today."

She has been saying for the past two months.

"I know." I sighed. I went back to my croissant, ate it and drank some more coffee. I looked at my aunt and smiled. "I know you'll stop."

"Thank you so much for not giving up on me, Lily. I don't deserve your kindness. I keep on hurting you and apologizing to you. I don't deserve your love. I'm so sorry dear.", tears fell down her face. "I'm sorry for hurting you, Lily but I really love you"

"It's okay Aunt." I walked to her and embraced her.

I understand, it's her way of dealing with the pain she got from life. If only I could help her.

"I love you too." I wiped her tears gently and kissed her cheek.

"You leaving for the bakery?", she asked and I nodded. "I'm sorry Lily because of me you couldn't complete your studies but from today I'm joining my job back."

"Tell me you are not joking.", I exclaimed happily.

Does this mean finally everything was going to be okay?

"I'm not."

"This is the best thing that could have happened today, Aunt.", she smiled and nodded.

"I'll be late, till then take care of yourself." I nodded and she kissed my forehead before leaving.

I knew she loved me, it was always the alcohol that made her say things she didn't mean.

Smiling to myself I locked the door and made my way to the bakery.

"Good morning buddy." I greeted my friend who was unlocking the bakery. Uncle Ricky turned and a beautiful smile appeared on his face."Someone's happy this morning."

"Happiness boosts your immune system. It slows the ageing process. It boosts energy and alertness, improves memory and concentration. It also lowers stress and headaches."

"I'll keep that in mind.", he nodded and we walked inside.

"Do you know buddy I met with a man yesterday in the park near my house and he was injured, he had these several really bad wounds and..." before I could complete my story, the bell rang signalling a customer.

"Wel-"I turned to greet whoever it was but my words died when I saw the same green eyes.

"Aiden, darling? What a surprise."

***

Aiden darling>>>>

QOTD: Coffee or Tea?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5M 226K 68
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally โฃ๏ธ Cover credit...
116K 15.3K 33
#Book-3 Last book of Hidden Marriage Series. ๐Ÿ”ฅโค๏ธ This book is the continuation of the first and second book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If...
4.3M 287K 61
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
835K 8.3K 67
๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐จ๐ฒ๐ฌ โœฆ . ใ€€โบ ใ€€ . โœฆ . ใ€€โบ ใ€€ . โœฆ don't forget to vote, share and comment. ๐Ÿค