Player Killer (SAO x OC Inser...

By Zumo_Lin

Shiroi Yuki is quite the unfortunate boy along with 10,000 more players that are now trap in Life and Death g... More

Aincrad Arc Cover
Prologue
Chapter 2 - The First
Chapter 3 - Smithy
Chapter 4 - Silver Witch

Chapter 1 - One of A Kind

371 8 1
By Zumo_Lin

It's been a month now ever since this game of life and death started. Several names being marked off in the Monument of Life that I found in the Black Iron Palace.

The amount of players that have died has almost reached two thousand casualties mostly from suicide. It's still rising as we speak because of the daily reminder that we may all be stuck here forever until our body in real life continues to rot away.

Anyways, I am currently in the field dungeon known as Horunka Woods. I was trying to complete this hidden quest that gives me a special item. To be honest, I only found it by luck through countless retaking the same quest over and over again.

Shiro: One more Dire Wolf and I'm good to go.

Then exactly when I finished my thoughts, I saw a dire wolf lurking in the corner of my eye. I immediately turn my body and used the sword skill [Rage Spike] to close the distance between me and the mob. I pull out my dagger using the dual wielding method I found out and hits the wolf with [Slant].

Shiro: And that's that done. I wonder if the meeting has started yet.

Yes, today there will be a meeting about the Boss raid that'll be happening soon. I already gave him all the info he needs and the plan on how we'll take down this boss. Shaking my head and pulls out a teleport blue crystal.

Shiro: Teleport: Tolbana

I was then engulfed by light and once it died down I find myself in the teleport monument of Tolbana.

I look around see some groups of players making their way to the town's amphitheater. I went along with the group but a few meters behind since I don't want them thinking that I want to join their group.

Upon arrival I already saw multiple players in the seats and in the distance I see Kirito seating there as well. I make my way over to him and greeted him with a smile.

Shiro: Hey Kirito.

Kirito: Oh Shiro, nice to meet you.

Shiro: Likewise. I see that you finally finished that quest, huh?

I said pointing at the Anneal Blade that is sheath behind his back. He nods while scratching his cheeks.

Kirito: How about that hidden quest you found?

Shiro: I already have the materials but I haven't given them to the blacksmith yet.

Kirito: You know, I'm still surprised that you took that quest a hundred times then just accidentally found that quest

Shiro: Meh just got bored honestly and I already hit the level cap. What's the point in grinding exp if my bar ain't gonna budge. It did give significant Col for a side quest.

Then we both heard someone clap their hands getting our attention. We turn to see who it was and it was Diabel. I guess the meeting is about to start.

Diavel: Listen up! I'll be starting the conference now! Thank you, everyone, for responding to my invitation. My name is Diavel and my class is informally, a knight.

I just chuckle quietly at his little joke. It was good to lighten up the mood even for just bit because of the fear we players still have. Some players were laughing and some were thinking if this meeting was a joke. Then Diavel gave us all a serious look.

Diavel: Today, I received information about the location of the boss room. And their here with us today.

I stood up and make my way down and stood besides Diavel. I could h
see multiple players shocked expressions that a teen such as myself managed to find the Boss room. To be honest, I've already found the room on the second week after the declaration of this death game starting. I just withhold the info for a bit because all the players back then were still shaken up by the reality.

Shiro: It's nice to meet you. The name's Shiro and I have the map towards the boss room.

I then opened my menu and showed them the map info that I managed to get.

Diavel: With this information, we could now go and defeat the floor boss, finally reaching the 2nd floor. We'll be able to show everyone in the Town of Beginnings that this death game can be cleared! It's our responsibility to do so! Don't you agree, everyone?

The players started cheering and clapping after his speech. Once they all died down, I began to speak.

Shiro: Now with that out of the way, let's begin planning for this raid. I advise that we bring along at least five parties of six. A single party would be wiped out if we decided to do that. So with this we could coordinate much better and have some parties switch out with each other while others handle the mobs that the Boss brings in.

Immediately they all started making their own party. I noticed that Kirito was looking everywhere for a party member but none could be found. Sighing internally that I might have to form a party with him later on.

Diavel: All right! Are you guys done forming your parties?

Shiro: It seems like i-

???: Hold it!

All of us look up to where the voice came from and saw a orange haired man with spike hair.

He jumps down onto the stage along with me and Diavel.

???: The name's Kibaou. There's something that need to get off my chest. I'm positive that there are some amongst you that should be apologizing to those who've died so far.

Multiple people looked at him confused. Of course, Shiro knew what he was talking about as it was clear as day.

Diavel: Kibaou, the people that you're referring to are the beta testers, correct?

Kibaou: Of course I am! On the day that this crappy game started, the beta testers disappeared, abandoning all of us beginners. They monopolized they good hunting grounds and profitable quests, prioritizing themselves over others. And afterwards, they feigned ignorance for doing so. Some of you are sure to be beta testers! We should make them kneel down in apology and hand over the money and item's they've been hoarding! I cannot and will not entrust my life to such people!

Shiro: This so childish... You just can't antagonize the most valuable resource we have.

I sighed to myself seeing this man's idiocy. Then I saw a tall man raise his hand.

???: Mind if I speak? My name is Agil. Kibaou, basically you're saying that the beta testers should take responsibility for many deaths by apologizing and offering reparations because they didn't look after us new players, right?

Kibaou: Y-Yeah.

Agil then pulled out a small book. It was the guidebook that The Rat issued not too long ago with all of the info they needed.

Agil: This is the guidebook... I believe you have one too. It's up for free at the item shop, after all.

Kibaou: I do. What about it?

Agil: The people who distributed these were former beta testers.

Everyone then looked at Agil stunned with reveal of the informants who filled the book. It was a natural but sad response to see players like this because of beta testers reputation in majorities eyes.

Agil: Listen, this information was available to everyone, yet many players died. What I thought doing here was planning how to fight the boss using what we learned from these deaths.

Agil then looked back at Kibaou and he had an annoyed look and the both of them sat back down. Seeing that the issue has been resolved Diavel continues the meeting.

Diavel: Okay, can we resume the meeting now?

Shiro: None? Well then with that out of the way, now the information regarding the boss has already been handed.

Diavel: The latest edition of the guidebook contains all of the knowledge we have of the boss.

He said raising his own copy of the new edition guidebook.

Diavel: According to it, the boss's name is Illfang the Kobold Lord. By it's side are mobs known as Ruin Kobold Sentinels. He is armed with an axe and a buckler. Four health bars and when the last one hits red, he switches to a curved sword type known as a Talwar. His attack patterns change entirely as well.

Several players now began to marvel at the information stored in guidebook. As everyone was fixated on this, I clapped my hands to get everyones attention.

Shiro: Now everyone please listen to me. As much as this sounds like a blessing though let's take this information with a hefty grain of salt. This is info about the beta version of that boss. We all must remain cautious when we strive to defeat the bost tomorrow. If we lose a major part of this frontline forces on a single floor who knows how the entire population in this game will react.

All the players took it heart and made sure to keep it engraved in their minds. This is life and death after all. I sigh in relief that everyone's willing to listen to that. I know that I might sound scared but you can't help it in a situation like this. One wrong move could set a chaotic domino effect.

Shiro: This concludes this important meeting. Since we don't know how Exp in floor boss kills are distributed in this version, we're gonna debate about that in future arrangements. Diavel take over for now and task some of the frontline members to farm up health potions for the upcoming raid. I still need to do something.

Diavel: Alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently, it was right around sunset and Shiro is seen making his way to an unknown destination. It was a part of Tolbana but is really secluded to the public. He then stands in front of the supposed plays he needs to be, a blacksmith.

Old man: Ah! Shiro! I take it that you already have the materials?

Shiro: I did here.

He said transferring the materials to the Ai and it started doing it's wonder. The name of this quest is called Blacksmith's Flying Sword. From the name alone, Shiro could guess that this was going to be a bow. While also the fact that he needed Nepent String which is a rare item drop.

The time it took for the blacksmith to forge the bow took about an hour or two. Though luckily Shiro wasn't really that bored because the blacksmith started to talking to him. Anyways, the old man was finally done and gave him the bow.

And then proceeds to give a bag full of arrows that come along with the bow. The blacksmith look at his creation in pride and gave you a hearty smile. Shiro thanked the blacksmith for the bow and went on his way as it was already getting late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was around nine in the evening and currently all preparations were all done. Majority of the frontline members were drinking with the second-in-command, Diavel while Shiro was nowhere to be found. Anyways, in a secluded part of the town a girl is seen sitting at one of the benches there and eating a stale bread.

The girl sighs to herself while eating the same old stale bread she has been eating this past few weeks. She then hear someone walking towards her from behind. Turns her head to see that it was Shiro, the one who will be leading the raid tomorrow.

Shiro: Yo. May I take a seat?

No response was heard but she just slides to one side of the bench. Taking this gesture as confirmation, he sat next to her.

Asuna: ...Shouldn't you be with the raid party?

Shiro: I should but right now I'm just taking a brake. I don't need all of that headache coming at me.

He said pointing his finger to feast happening in the main square. Opening his inventory, he takes out a piece of bread and covered up basket. He removes the cloth that covers the contents of the basket to reveal slices of Dire Boar Meat. Picks up one and sandwiches it with the bread he just took out.

Shiro: Grab some if you want.

He said taking a bite of his crafted sandwich. She hesitantly took one from the basket and made a sandwich herself. Takes one bit then immediately finishes it, sighing in relief to be able to taste a different type of flavor profile.

Shiro: I could tell you the quest where I got this from.

???: No thanks... I didn't come to this town to eat good food.

Shiro: Then why?

He said not looking at red hooded girl as he ate his sandwich.

???: So I can still be me. I'd rather stay myself until the very end than sit and rot away at an inn, back in the first town. Even if get killed by a monster, I don't want to lose to this game... To this world. No matter what.

Shiro: That's very admirable of you. To face the reality of your current situation and find a purpose out of it.

???: I could say the same thing for you.

Shiro: I wish It was that simple for me... I'm still... You know can't accept this...

???: Really?

Shiro: Yeah...

???: Umm... I'll be there for you, ok?

Shiro: Thanks...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631 23 5
Y/n L/n and Co. meet in the new VR MMO game "Sword Art Online" and find themselves exploring the game, interacting with strange new creatures, player...
71.5K 1.5K 30
Your name is Y/N and the year is 2026. You, being the antisocial human you are, only play Single Player games. One day, while walking home with your...
1.5K 21 20
Two people enter a VRMMORPG called Sword Art Online. They find out they can't escape. The only way to escape is to beat the game. Will they beat the...
3.2K 42 17
Kaito Sato had gotten out of the death game. Now on the way to college, what will his life be now as more events force him to play out of his comfort...