California Dreaming

By chemistrylovebirds28

Hally is a normal girl who lives in West Virginia. She's 13. Hally went alone out of her town and headed to L... More

California Dreaming
TGIF
Los Angeles California
Unforgettable
Monday
Dark Times
The Visit
Sentimental
Great Tidings
Bring Me Back To Life
Ups and Downs
Behind A Smile Hides Pain
Author's Note
New Atmosphere
Long Time No See
Heartache
We Need To Sort This Out
Here We Go!
Santa Barbara, California

Chapter 8

541 16 4
By chemistrylovebirds28

I woke up. My room was bright with the sunlight. I got out of my bed and opened the door of my room. I went out to check if anyone was there. I didn't see Katy, she must've been downstairs because I heard the sound of the tv in the living room.

I went down the stairs while holding in the hand rails. I was scratching my eye because I was still a bit sleepy. I went to the kitchen and a note was on the table.

Hey babes,

I left early this morning. I didn't want to wake you up because you were still sleeping. I'm in the studio. Shannon's with you. I'll be back at 9pm.

- Katy

I read the note Katy left for me. I went out of the kitchen and I saw Shannon in the living room, sitting in the couch, watching tv whilst eating a bowl of cereals. She was watching Raising Hope and I saw her laughing really hard. I entered the living room since the door was open. I stood at the back of the couch where Shannon was but she didn't notice me.

"Hi" I said to her quitely but loud enough for her to hear. "Oh holy freakin'! I didn't know I could be that hilarious!" Shannon said. From that moment, I knew she didn't hear me because the tv was louder than my voice. "Hi, Hey, Hello Shannon" I said to Shannon louder for her to hear me. "Holy! Wtf! Omg, Hally you scared me. I didn't know you were awake. Katy left me here to be with you" she said to me whilst staring at me the normal way she does. She was still holding her bowl of cereal. "I was actually calling you since a while ago, but you were busy watching your episode and laughing" I said to her while giggling a bit.

"I guess I looked retarded. I just didn't know I acted too hilarious" she said to me while laughing. "I think those cereals are making you hyper, Shann. Or maybe it's really your episodes, I guess you only realized now how hilarious you are" I said to her whilst walking near the couch and to sit beside her. "Pshh, don't lie to me. I know you love Raising Hope. Haha" she said to me while emphasizing the word "Haha" out loud. "Course I do. I love it, it's just pretty amazing" I said.

"Thanks! I appreciate that, a lot. Btw, Katy's going to be back at 9pm. She told me that I should look after you. Tell me if you have plans or anything" she said whilst going back to eating her cereal. "Yeah of course. I will" I said to her. I walked going to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and all I see is milk, fruits, bottle of water vegetables and dark chocolate. I knew from the beginning that Katy lives a healthy lifestyle. Being healthy is very important for her.

Shannon began to bring out a box of cereals. She poured some of it to a white bowl and poured milk onto it. She handed it to me whilst giving me a spoon. I sat across from where she was standing and she was still eating her cereals. I began to eat. I remember the memories from yesterday. It was just amazing.

Shannon opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water she drank it and sat on the chair across from mine.

"I was planning to go for a walk later. Exlore the town... I was thinking if you or Katy would allow me" I said to Shannon while facing her. "Erm, I have to clarify that with Katy. Just text me if you need anything" she said while closing the bottle of water she was holding with the cap. "I sure will. I might go later after I take a bath" I said to her. "Mmkay. I'm gonna call Katy later and ask her about what you said" she said while going back to the living room.

I was left alone eating my cereal in the kitchen. It was just quite and peaceful. I saw a piece of paper that was stuck in the fridge. I got out of my chair and checked it, it was Katy's to do list. There was also a landline number and other phone numbers.

After eating, I placed the bowl in the sink. I ran up the stairs went to my room. I checked my phone and no one texted me. I decided to take a bath since it was hot. But the sun outside wasn't that shining too bright so it would be fine for me to take a walk.

****************

I finished taking a bath. I let down my hair instead of tying it in a ponytail. I went down the stairs immediately. I saw Shannon in the living room watching Ellen. But this time she was texting someone. I went inside the living room and went to her.

"Hey, I'm gonna go now... What did Katy say?" I said to her whilst tapping her back. "Oh, she said it would be fine but you have to text me from time to time. Tell me what time you're gonna be back" she said to me but she was facing the TV. "Okay then" I said to her whilst slowly walking away from the living room. Once I got out of the living room, I heard Shannon say "take care and be safe".

I opened the front door and slid my phone to my pocket. I was wearing my red cotton wool jacket. The weather was kind of like spring wherein the sun shines bright but it's quite cold outside. I was walking in the street and I saw 2 teenagers talking to each other in their garden. The sight of seeing both of them kind of reminded me of Me and Max. I miss being with him.

I didn't really know where I was going. I went farther away from the street Katy lived on. I soon arrived in a quite deserted place. The sun was still shining brightly but the wind got stronger than a while ago. I came to realize that I was on an ordinary beach. It was clean and relaxing, not much people come and go here. I sat on the sand near the seashore. I was just watching the beach and the sun shining. I checked my watch and it was already 2:30pm.

Katy's still in the studio, making music and recording them. I put on my earphone's and played Not Like The Movies. It was a song about marriage. I didn't know why I suddenly cried a bit. I was still kind of depressed by knowing that my parents have passed away years ago. I just kept on reminding myself that Katy and the others are still there. There's still people who support me and love me as much as my parents do.

I wanted to stay here for a moment and just reflect on some things. It made me feel so relaxed and at peace. My blonde hair was blown by the cold wind but I didn't mind it. There was no sound coming from anywhere. It was just the wind and the beach.

I heard my phone ring after a while and it was Katy calling.

"Hello?" I said. "Hey babes, it's me Katy. Where are you?" She said with a calm tone in her voice. "I'm just here in the beach. Not in Santa Barbara, as you think. It's just an ordinary beach here in LA" I said to her. "Oh ok. Do you want me to pick you up there later?" She said with a motherly voice. "Yeah, of course you can Katy. Don't worry about me, I'm fine" I said to her whilst adding a little bit of happiness in my voice. "Okay then. Take care and be safe. I love you" she said to me. "You take care and be safe as well. I love you, bye" I said to her then ended the call.

****************

I woke up an it was already 8:30pm. I didn't know I slept here in the beach. As I woke up, everything around me was pitch black. I was wondering if Katy would come. But I realized that I still have to wait for her for 30 minutes. I was planning to call her or text her that I will just go home by myself since I bet Shannon's worried about me.

I decided to wait for Katy until 9pm. I was scared to travel back home alone at night. I slept once again and I hope that when I wake up, Katy would arrive.

Katy's Point of view

I checked my watch and it was 8:45pm. I was preparing myself to leave the studio and pick up Hally in the beach. I'm just worried about her. I need to go to her now. "Hey Tamra, I'm going to leave now. I need to pick up Hally" I said to Tamra. "Okay. Be safe Katy. Good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Text me if you need anything" she said to me. "I will, bye. Have a safe night!" I said to Tamra and then left the studio.

I started up the engine of my car and hurried. I went to the beach Hally told me she was on. When I arrived, everything was just pitch black and I can't see much. I brought out my IPhone and turned on the flashlight. I was walking alone in the seashore looking for Hally.

After a few minutes, I didn't see any sight of her. I began to worry. I still searched and searched for a couple of minutes. I saw a person lying down in the sand, wearing a red jacket. I was hoping it was Hally. "Excuse me, are you Hally Wilson?" I asked the person.

"Katy, are you there?" I heard the person say. By that time, I realized it was Hally. "Yes, babes it's me. I'm sorry if I kept you waiting here. Come on let's go. It's cold in here. You're shaking" I said to Hally with a worried tone in my voice. I tried to carry her in my arms. It was difficult but I tried my best and finally I was able to.

We both walked back to the parking lot. I put my hand at the back of Hally to support her and hugged her tightly. She was shaking. We finally arrived in my car. I let her sit down in the second row. I started the engine and drove back home. I doorbelled and thankfully Shannon came and opened the door for both me and Hally. I went up to my room and let Hally lay down in my bed. She had a bad fever and I was planning not to go back to the studio tomorrow.

"Hally, you have fever. I'm really sorry for letting you wait" I apologized to her whilst stroking her head. "It's fine Katy. You don't have to apologize, it was my fault for insisting myself to go to the beach"She replied to me weakly. "Shhhhh, don't apologize. It wasn't your fault, ok? I'm going to take care of you" I said to her whilst looking for a medicine in one of my cabinets. "Thank you Katy for everything. You've always been there for me. You're like my mom and that makes me feel better whenever I feel depressed at times" she said to me. "I will never leave you" I said to her.

Hally kept quite for a moment. She slept quitely. Afterwards, I slowly drifted off to sleep and I pulled on the duvet on top of both of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 12.8K 102
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
982K 41.2K 82
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
730K 34.8K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
278K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc