The Souleater (Tamaki Amajiki...

By Turtle-Rabbit

Soulmate AU A world of not only quirks, soulmates also existed. However, only in less than one percent of the... More

Disclaimer
1. Soul Marks and Mate Marks
2. If Only...
3. The Day Everything Changed
4. Intertwined Fates
5. Intoxicating Memories
7. Aftermath
8. Soulmate Tattoo's
9. Romeo y Julieta
10. Found Love
11. Destined Star-Crossed Lovers
12. A Glimpse into Tako's Life
13. Falling Apart and Coming Together
14. The Big-3 Family Dynamic
15. I'll Be There for You
16. Deprived Desires
17. Soulmate Bond
18. The Middle Realm
19. Found My Forever
20. Nothing Else but You
21. The Sun's Unrequited Affection
22. Cursed Soul Bearer
23. Fly With Me To the Stars
24. Kindred Spirits
25. Lost In You
26. Condemned Spirits
27. The Wrath of His Love
28. Worlds Colliding
29. Lingering Despair

6. In the Unknown

334 19 15
By Turtle-Rabbit

Songs:

"Moonlight Sonata" – Beethoven

-------------------------------------------------

"When you truly love someone, no matter the consequences to yourself.

No matter what you want,

You'll always want the best for them.

Even if you're not it."

"What the fuck..." Y/n groaned waking up in a daze, surrounded by only darkness. Attempting to move her body only to realize that she couldn't because of how she was tied up. It felt like she was reliving her first time with Tamaki, and this fucker had to go and ruin in. "You stay the f-fuck away from my memories..." she growled, scurrying backwards on the bed she was strapped to, to attempt at some distance. Though she really couldn't see him, and she couldn't go anywhere.

"No. I need to see more to get your soul mark." Souleater stated calmly.

"I didn't know you were the perverted type to look into those type of memories. Why do you have to go in so deep into my mind all the time..." Y/n breathed through the pounding headache.

How was he able to invade her mind so easily?

The question's been pressing on her since he started this relentless torture. She's seen him use so many different quirks already, she didn't know which one was his real one. It was rare to have more than one quirk. Extremely rare. Sure, there were the rare occasions like Pro-Hero Shouto (and still that didn't count) and Pro-Hero Deku as well as villain All-For-One that was defeated all those years ago. Still, having more than one was unheard of.

Y/n didn't know what his true power was and that irked her, because how else would she be able to escape? Well, that is if she wanted to, she always went back and forth on what she should do. What the right thing was for everyone.

Blinking away the pain, she saw a dark silhouette in the corner of the already dark room. Leaning on the far end of the room to keep his distance from her. If she could use her quirk, she would be able to see him. However, unfortunately with the quirk canceling cuffs it was impossible. Glancing around her surroundings, she remembered where she was. The room he shut her in when he first brought her here. At least he hadn't been a complete asshole and leave her on the cold floor. Surprisingly she was very comfortable with the bed she was on.

Actually... She's been comfortable in her stay here so far, other than him invading her mind.

If she could put a word to his behavior, it would be hospitable. Still, she knew he was only treating her like this to get something out of her as he's been telling her each night when he would do this, and she would beg him to stop.

Yes, she was still tied up but at least her body didn't ache. Expecting to wake up after the bright light, beat to death. On the contrary, she hadn't been touched other than putting the rope that was around her hands, along with quirk canceling cuffs, for every night she was stuck here.

Other than that, she was free to roam around in 'her' room. He would even feed her three times a day and gave her fresh clothes and toiletries whenever she needed to shower. Hell, just to keep her from getting bored he would always give her books.

Like, what villain does that?

"There's no point in telling you if you'll be dead once I'm done with you."

Huffing, Y/n replied coldly. "Why don't you enlighten me then? Usually, villains want to spew their evil plans the second they can. An origin into their villainy. Are you telling me you're too high and mighty for that?"

"Cute." He mocked. "Why don't we talk about you instead?"

Souleater stepped closer, in slow precision. Almost gliding gracefully like a harbinger of darkness. Though there was something peaceful about him. She knew she was way in over her head with this guy. Out of every villain she's met, this one was patient to get what he wanted, and he was very meticulous and precise in his work.

And that question was a first, he never wanted to speak with her after he went through her mind. He usually only went in and got out as quickly as he could.

His dark silhouette gliding through the darkness towards her, getting bigger the closer he got. She should tremble in fear. However, this whole time he's been nothing but friendly and kind, in his own weird way.

Still, she could not fully see him other than his silhouette, and that pissed her off. It's like he was keeping his identity a secret on purpose. She understood why when he took her so the media and others wouldn't see him, still there was no one here now? So, what was the point?

"Why do you have the lights off? According to you if I'm dying soon than it shouldn't matter if I see whose killing me."

"I'm not from your universe Y/n." His voice was deep almost velvety, like a knife cutting easily through butter – it almost sounded a tad bit familiar to her – wait a minute, did he just say universe? Her eyes bulged from the revelation. "You wouldn't even know who I am. As I said, my identity doesn't matter. Yes, you will die. But for me to get your mark I need to know you first. On a personal level, unfortunately."

Holy shit, that's a lot to load.

"Y-you can transfer soul-marks? That's impossible..." Y/n felt a shiver pass through her mark from the suggestion.

"Yes and no. Your situation is a little different. You never completed your mark. Soulmates don't usually wait this long to complete them. It's physically and mentally impossible... but you..." Souleater got closer to her, voice soft and inviting. Reaching out as if to touch her face but pulling his hand back at the last second. Almost scolding himself for even entertaining the idea. Turning away from her, his voice sounded defeated. "Regardless all of that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you know or don't know who I am. At the end of this, you'll still die. At least you can rest assured that your mate won't."

"Really? He'll live?" Y/n asked with relief, doing the one thing that should never be done in front of a villain. Falling for their words and showing their weakness.

Tears of reassurance breaming in her eyes. Knowing her hard work of avoiding the one person she wanted to be with, paid off. It's as though a heavy weight was lifted off her shoulders. This was the reason why she kept debating in whether fighting Souleater to escape or not was a good idea.

It was true then. Tamaki Amajiki, her soft gentle of a man, would be okay.

"You seem relieved?" Souleater's skeptic voice betrayed his harsh tenor. Speaking to her, as though she was a rare being. As though he was expecting her to fight back, try to escape, do something other than acting calm, like she was doing – like she's been doing since he captured her.

"What is this, twenty-one questions?" Y/n asked him instead, deflecting from any personal questions.

"Just answer." His dark form turned back to her, she really hated not seeing who he was – what he looked like.

"What's your problem with me anyways?" She breathed out the words, almost in a chuckle for how on edge he seemed around her. "I get you need my mark, but you don't have to be so-"

He scoffed lightly, voice deep and bored, "Stop pretending to care."

"I..." Sighing heavily, Y/n breathed deeply. Already getting frustrated of the way he was acting towards her. Gentle, yet cold. Always giving her a whiplash. "Look, I've met a lot of villains in my life and fought them. Just because you're one, it doesn't mean that something didn't happen to you, to get you where you are. You weren't born evil. Believe it or not, even if you're a villain. I actually care what happened to you..." she saw how he fidgeted away from her. "Maybe if you had someone you wouldn't have turned out like this?" Her soft voice tried to reason with him.

"Yeah right... You are no hero." He bit out, almost laughing from how ridiculous she sounded.

He wasn't believing her, because like he told her. He wasn't from her universe. Everything that came out of Y/n's mouth, no matter how true it was – was a lie to him. From everything she just preached to. It sounded all so opposite from what he was used to, it threw him off guard. Soul bearers from his universe weren't usually this... kind and sympathetic... still, he remembered he had a goal to accomplish, no matter who he had to take out.

Y/n attempting to move from her confinements, told him incredulously, "Rude... I take great offense to that. You know I'm number two in the hero charts, right?"

"There's no way." He refused to believe her.

"Have you lived under a rock all this time?"

"I'm not from here... I told you that, not two minutes ago." His dark form loomed over her, she could already see the mocking amusement in his face, even if she couldn't actually see him.

And was that a smile she detected?

"Oh... right." She mumbled quietly.

"It's hard to believe that you of all people would be ranked number two and that you have a sister." He muttered more to himself than to her, however, she still heard his quiet words.

"Wait..." Y/n stopped him. "If you're not from here, why, does it sound like you know me?"

He ignored her question and asked one of his own instead. "This sister of yours? Is she a hero too?"

Y/n knowing she wouldn't get her questions answered, slumped down. Getting comfortable on the bed, that was a permanent friend to her now. There was no point in finding a way out of this, so she decided to answer his questions anyway.

"Yes..." she whispered, just thinking of her little sister had her want to cave in on herself. She knew the choices made and lies she told were fucked up to a degree. Still, she believed they had to be done to save her best friend. Regardless of what route she took, she believed the one she took was the safest option for everyone.

She didn't even know what happened after she was taken... she wondered if Tamaki and Nejire went through with the wedding after all. She didn't even know how long she's been stuck in this 'villain lair'.

The young woman had so many questions, but was there really a point in asking them if her captor wouldn't answer?

Or if she was going to die. Did it really matter?

"You actually interrupted her wedding." She finally told him, shaking those negative thoughts from her head.

"W-was your mate there?"

Nodding solemnly, she muttered back, "He was." Thinking of Tamaki's dark eyes, the deep blue dark color she loved so much, hurt her more. Her heart longed for him. However, if he lived. She could find peace in that, she had to.

"I didn't see him with you."

"That's because he was the groom." Y/n looked down at her hands, picking at her nails from the nerves of where this conversation was heading to. She couldn't really see them for how dark it was, however, seeing their shadow or just giving her something to do was better than the awkwardness she could already feel.

"You're joking." Souleater asked her in monotone. She wouldn't be surprised if he laughed at her.

Awkwardly Y/n shrugged, "Nope."

"You're telling me, your mate was marrying your sister and you were letting that happen?"

"It's complicated." Y/n trailed off, glancing away from his silhouette.

"It's not." He bit out, taking great offense into this situation, as though it was personal to him. "You probably didn't love him." Souleater crossed his arms, scolding her already for allowing something so stupid to happen. "He's probably useless too."

Gripping the rope tightly, Y/n attempted to pull away from them. "Shut your mouth." She snarled out with anger, demeanor doing a full one-eighty, surprising her captor. "Never and I mean ever, speak bad about Tamaki... You can say whatever you want about me, but not him."

"Then why didn't you complete your bond?" He asked her gently this time. She could even detect a bit of remorse in his tone.

"Because I did it for him!" Y/n snapped. God, she was tired of this hot and cold form of demeanor he always threw her way. Voice rising, hands shaking for wanting to strangle him.

"The hell you did, you didn't want to be with him?" The faceless man snapped back. "Soul bearers don't let others take what's theirs. You probably never felt anything for him."

"Of course, I fucking did!"

Hot tears poured down her cheeks, not giving a damn that this villain was seeing her like this. Her voice breaking from the situation she managed to get herself into. It was hard to stay sane while all alone and knowing you would be dying soon. She also knew ignoring the bond, and her mate had something to do with her current mental state.

"Only someone stupid and naïve would not realize how special Tamaki is."

"Then? If he was so special, why didn't you see it?" He taunted her.

Y/n was starting to realize, Souleater had a vendetta against soul mark bearers. This was personal to him. She doesn't know him, or what his life is like. Still, she could tell something terrible happened to him. Knowing he was targeting only soul bearers. It didn't take a mastermind to connect the dots. He has a mark, probably a mate mark – he's targeting soul bearers for a reason.

"I didn't want him to suffer..." She whispered out with emotion, finally telling him the truth, he truly wanted to hear.

Both engulfed in silence now. A moment passed between the two, before she continued. Taking a breath of air to calm down, and not let him get in her head like he probably wanted to. Like he was succeeding.

"Whatever fucked up shit happened to you," she breathed out, voice trembling, thinking the worst, thinking Tamaki could have gone through the same thing. "That's exactly what I've been trying to avoid happening to him. You're a mate, right?" She nodded her head, already knowing the answer. "That's why you're like this. Something happened to your soul bearer, I can just fucking tell. A-are they even alive? And if so... h-how a-are you even here?" His silence was his answer. Of course, he wouldn't tell her. Defeated she mumbled, "It doesn't matter what universe you came from... God that sounds so weird..."

She shook her head from thinking about it too much, goosebumps raising on her arms. To think that multiverses were real. Well, that was a whole other conversation. However, now was not the time. Besides she knew he wouldn't answer her questions.

"I've met many mates like you to tell the difference from a soul bearer and a mate bearer." Nibbling on her bottom lip she asked him. "And it's so weird that you're from a different universe. A-are you even human? Is that why you keep hiding yourself?"

Sometimes it felt like she was having these conversations with herself. Thinking she'd gone insane, the mark finally getting to her for not being able to see this villain.

However, Souleater didn't answer. He just stared at her. Form, standing still, giving her time to relax again.

Y/n wasn't scared of him, not one bit. She felt sorry for him. Sorry for whatever he went through to end up like this.

Sorry for whatever pain he experienced to be stealing soul bearers away from their mates to do God knows what. However, now she knew. He wanted her mark, for who knows what and he probably attempted the same with the others he kidnapped. She just hoped they weren't dead because their mates would be meeting the same fate.

"Of course, I want to be with him." She whispered, answering his first question. Taut shoulders lowering. While pain radiated through her heart. The well-known aching whole she was accustomed for two years now consuming her wholly again. "I want that more than anything in the world..." her voice held so much conviction, "but not at the cost of his freedom, his life."

Her voice held devotion, devotion she felt towards Tamaki. Refusing to even give in to the thought of completing the mark. She could feel her soul mark burning her, and she whimpered from the pain. It's like every time she said it out loud, the mark would retaliate. Punishing her for taking this long and going against the status quo of soul marks.

"You're fucking lying," He airily laughed, not believing her at all. "Underneath all this heroism you're still a fucking soul bearer. Manipulative and selfish."

"I'm not lying. You don't even know me." She looked up at his form and saw how he flinched away from her. Almost afraid to touch her. His reactions baffled her because he was in charge here. So why was he acting so scared towards her?

"Oh, I know you alright. You're a self-centered bitch who only cares about one thing. Yourself. You're just like her, and you're just like every fucking soul bearer I've met." He bit out harshly, with resentment. Putting up a barrier between them. Making it known that regardless of how noble she was, in his eyes, she will always be the worst being there is to exist.

It's not like Y/n knew his life, or what he went through. Being a hero, all these years, has made her realize people did things for reasons, it was rare that someone wanted to just cause destruction. With villains there was always a downfall before their rise into who they became, and she didn't know this person in front of her to judge him.

"I don't know what you see in me." She spoke to him in defeat, tone soft and forgiving. Attempting to make him see otherwise, "But I sure as hell I'm not your soul bearer. I don't know what happened between you two, or how you got here. Still, please stop comparing me to her. Regardless, if me and Tamaki didn't complete the bond that doesn't stop the feelings, we had for each other. What other soul bearers feel for their mates, there are a many good bunch out there."

Seeing he wasn't going to respond, knowing he was listening to every word she said, she continued.

"Tamaki's been my best friend my whole life. He's my person... How could I hurt the one person I never want any harm to come their way? I would never do anything to jeopardize his well-being.... I love him, I've always loved him. Even when I was little," She smiled thinking of the memory, "I fell in love with him ever since I met him," gulping down her pain she muttered, "and I love him enough to let him go and let him be free – Ahh fuck!" She cried out in pain, the soul mark burning her skin.

Feeling as though her skin was on fire. This wasn't the first time her mark burned her. For two years it's been burning her constantly for staying away from Tamaki. Willingly going through the pain. A punishment she saw fit on herself for pushing him away and lying to him. Lying to the world, making him believe he was not enough when all she wanted was to be with him and give him the world. Because he deserved it and more.

Startled form her reaction, Souleater got closer. However, only close enough to help her.

"What's wrong?!" He asked frantically, this being the first time to see this happen to a soul bearer. It's not like he had a lot of experience with soulmates who hadn't completed their marks. Y/n was the first of hundreds of soulmates he's met that did not complete the mark.

"My mark..." Y/n whimpered. "It burns..."

"What do you mean?"

"Every time I fight the bond, it fights back..." She breathed through the pain. "It'll b-be fine... just need to p-push through it," her teeth clenched from the ache. Nails digging into the rope. Going through the waves of pain, like she's done many times before.

"Let me see it."

"Y-you won't be able to, only my mate can see it." She scooted farther away from him, refusing to be touched by him. "And I don't mean that as in a taboo way, you physically can't see it. It only shows in the eyes of my mate."

"Don't lecture me on soulmates, I know more than you little girl." He bit out harshly. However, Y/n only rolled her eyes not feeling one ounce of malice from him. Honestly, he wasn't scary at all. He was the most bipolar gentle villain she's ever met. "I know I'll be able to see it."

Souleater turned her around not given her a chance to protest. Y/n only huffed through the ordeal. A villain was touching her, and she should be revolted or afraid even. However, for some reason with Souleater she didn't feel that way. She almost felt elated being near him which was crazy, and she blamed it on Stockholm syndrome. It was probably because she was isolated from everyone, and she had no one else to talk to.

Right away, he pulled on the back of the shirt he had gifted her. Looking for the mark on the back of her right shoulder – the white mark clear as day in between of where her neck and shoulder met. And he cursed when he realized she wasn't lying. The mark was burning her skin.

Y/n glancing over her shoulder, tried to see his face through the darkness. Unfortunately, she had no luck, she couldn't truly see his features.

How did he know where her mark was? And the way he stared at the mark it seemed like he hadn't been lying. He could see it.

Souleater accidently touched her skin with his fingertips and Y/n felt a shiver pass through her mark. Bringing her out of her head. Ignoring that reaction, he cursed lowly and rapidly got a cloth and covered her eyes.

Y/n tried to struggle away from him, until he bit out. "Stop moving around, I'm only doing this, so you won't see me. I can't really see in the dark, but that looks infected, and I can't have you dying on me before I take it."

"So chivalrous." Y/n jabbed at him, though her voice betrayed her when it quivered from the pain.

He ignored her and wrapped the cloth around her eyes tightly. Not a minute passed by when she saw the lights turn on through the fabric. Still, she could not see from how dark the cloth was.

"I'm a villain Y/n. I take what I want. When I want it... be sure to remember that." He replied with a threat. Sounding far closer now from behind her, but still, that didn't faze her.

"Right." Y/n sassed back, only to yelp from the change in temperature from what he was applying on her skin. His fingers gently rubbing something wet on her mark. It was an instant cooling relief that passed through her mark – her back arching from the feeling. Close to supporting herself on him, however, staying still to not be touched. "W-what a-are you doing."

"Relax." He whispered behind her, too gentle to be above a whisper. "Does it feel better?"

"Mhmm... thanks." Her voice held gratitude, finally able to breathe from the constant ache she would get from the mark.

Chuckling softly, not expecting her to be so grateful, he applied more of the salve. "You know you're thanking your kidnapper right. Don't go falling in love with me Y/n." He warned her, with what she detected as a teasing tone.

"Don't be fucking stupid." She tried to scratch at him which made him chuckle lowly, and boy did she hate it when she felt a tingle go down her mark. Deciding to ignore that, blaming it on her being an unmated soul bearer and him and unmated mate bearer. Huffing out, "And it's not like I can easily escape and save Tamaki somehow out of this fucking mess. It would be extremely selfish of me to go back. At the end of the day, me being away from him is better."

"Do you really believe that?" Y/n felt him mutter close to her ear. "Do you really want to be away from him?"

"Honestly, if it weren't for the soulmates mark, I would have arrested you a long time ago to be with him. No offense on your capabilities or whatever..." she smiled at him, teasing him with confidence. "Can you at least tell me what your name is?"

Y/n shouldn't be trying this hard to become friends with him, however, she'd been so alone. In fact, she had been alone for two agonizing years. And for some reason, she felt safe in her captor's presence.

Yeah-p, it was definitely Stockholm Syndrome, there was no other sane explanation. And him being this nice to her, was probably his way of getting closer to her to take her mark, like he wanted to.

Hesitantly, Souleater whispered. "You can call me Tako, and I am human by the way... just not from your universe." He mumbled.

"Ahh, so you're Japanese then?" She grinned at him, through the darkness. Which he scoffed to. "Thanks for your help, Tako..." she ignored his quiet rumbling protest. "That freaking mark's been bothering me for two years now." She cracked her neck to the side. Feeling a whole lot better that she had someone to speak to about her soulmate mark. Though it was in a weird situation. At least now she wouldn't feel so alone.

"No problem..." Tako heavily sighed. Already knowing he shouldn't have slipped out a little bit about himself. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 5.9K 23
It's been two years after you got Natsu back the guild went back to its normal self. But what happens when mating season comes around? While Natsu be...
79.4K 2.1K 55
"Just because my dad is the number one hero, doesn't mean I was born to follow in his footsteps." -Yagi [Y/N] ⁙ Yagi [Y/N] the secret daughter of Yag...
1M 17.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
87.7K 2.7K 20
Werewolf!Zoro X Reader °All characters belong to Oda and all rights for one piece are his and what not. I don't own One Piece just the story, I also...