Kpop One-shots (Reader x GG)

By poorly

a dumpster fire of oneshots More

intro + requests
[MR] Onda (Everglow) - Moon
[MR] Sejeong (Gugudan) - All of My Days
[GN] Ryujin (ITZY) - Nobody Like You (Part 1)
[GN] Solar (Mamamoo) - Ten Nights
[GN] IU - Through the Night
[GN] Hyewon (IZ*ONE) - Destiny
[GN] Jennie (BLACKPINK) - Really
[GN] Jinsoul (LOONA) - Number 1
[GN] Dahyun (TWICE) - Sweet Love
[MR] Eunha (GFRIEND) - Drummer Boy
[GN] Yuqi ((G)I-DLE) - What's in Your House?
[GN] Chungha - 12 O'clock
[MR] Sana (TWICE) - Our First Day
[MR] Yeri (Red Velvet) - Under the Rain
[GN] Kim Lip (LOONA) - My Eyes on You
[GN] IU - Largo
[GN] Yves (LOONA) - No More Hiding
Olivia Hye (LOONA) - A Flower for You
Jisun (fromis_9) - ASMR
drabble prompts.
[N] [Drabble] Wonyoung (IZ*ONE) - R&R
[N] [Drabble] Lucy (woo!ah!) - Payback
[N] [Drabble] Mina (TWICE) - Friendly Competition
[GN] Sakura (IZ*ONE) - Bright Lights and Date Nights
[GN] Hyewon (IZ*ONE) - Love and Loss (Destiny Pt.2)
[GN] [Drabble] Yujin (IZ*ONE) - The Power of Love
[MR] Joy (Red Velvet) - Thanks
[FR] Chaewon (IZ*ONE) - First Steps
[GN] [Drabble] Maya (NiziU) - Day Off
[MR] Yerin (GFRIEND) - Red Thread
so I'm not dead (surprise)
[GN] [Drabble] Saerom (fromis_9) - Of Hangovers, Headaches, and Hard Mornings
[MR] Chaeyeon (DIA) - Angles and Angels
[GN] [Drabble] Olivia Hye (LOONA) - Dare Date
[GN] Jinsoul (LOONA) - Wouldn't That Be Crazy?
[GN] Olivia Hye (LOONA) - Power Couple (Dare Date Pt.2)
[FR] Irene (Red Velvet) - Come Back To Me
[GN] Yena (IZ*ONE) - Worth The Wait
[GN] Shuhua ((G)I-DLE) - A Missing Piece (Part 1)
[GN] Yoohyeon (Dreamcatcher) - Love Language
[GN] Ryujin (ITZY) - Rivalry
[GN] Shuhua ((G)I-DLE) - Proximity (A Missing Piece Part 2)
[MR] Winter (aespa) - Sunrise
[GN] Yeji (ITZY) - Six Easy Steps, Forwards and Back Again
[MR] Wonyoung (IVE) - Rest of Our Lives
[GN] Ryujin (ITZY) - Lean on Me (Nobody Like You Part 2)
[MR] Kazuha (LE SSERAFIM) - Forever and Always, Once Step Behind
[GN] SinB (VIVIZ) - Liars
[MR] Tzuyu (TWICE) - This Night
[GN] [Drabble] Ryujin (ITZY) - Shaky Footing

[MR] Lisa (BLACKPINK) - Back for You

1.6K 26 6
By poorly

Not inspired by anything in particular
Male Reader
Angst and fluff
Requested by Shirakumo-Whitecloud

Warnings: some nihilism, degrading, and a pair of no-no words around the end

___

Lisa was, for better or for worse, your best friend. While you couldn't remember how it all started, she was constantly by your side. She was with you since middle school and nothing has changed since. Lisa was your hypeman, sounding board, and the one you could rely on when things got tough.

It was times like these you were happy to have Lisa with you.

Today was a day of many firsts. 

Your first girlfriend had broken up with you. This was your first love leaving, your first breakup, and your first heartbreak. Having all of these events unfold within hours was something you wouldn't be able to cope with by yourself and thankfully, Lisa was there.

"Listen to me, (y/n)." Lisa slid her hand into yours, letting her fingers caress yours and help you release the tension that was starting to build up. The two of you sat on your family's small sofa that was built for two, maybe three if you squeezed in, as you recounted what had happened not too long ago with your girlfriend. Well, ex-girlfriend now. "You'll find the one soon enough. Besides, we've got our whole lives ahead of us. We're still in high school, right? Think about how many years we still have to find the one! Though remember what I said? She wasn't the one. She was too strict, sloppy, vain, and controlling. I guess I can say I told you so."

Lisa's smug look made you smile a little, something she didn't miss. That was something Lisa took a lot of pride in.

She hated to see you feeling down, but she always tried to be there for you and put a smile on your face. If there was something wrong, she'd find a way to right the ship and save the day. That was just her nature. She always found a way to brighten your day.

"If she wasn't the right one, who is?"

"Well, let's see." Even if it seemed she was figuring out someone who would fit the criteria, she was doing something far from that. Whenever Lisa gave you dating advice, you trusted her. There was no reason behind it, but she seemed to have a good eye for character. After all, she had a good track record, setting up a bunch of her friends. "I think you need someone who is bright, playful, and... oh, loves Japanese food! I know how much you love Japanese food!"

Lisa's energy always found a way to make you smile. "Like Dahyun?"

"Dahyun?"

"Yeah! I mean, she's bright and playful! I'm not sure if she loves Japanese food, but she has a lot of Japanese friends so I don't think she hates it."

Lisa shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah... true..."

___

Between practicing hard as a trainee, taking on part-time work to cover expenses, and attending school, your life was more hectic than ever. There wasn't enough time in a day to do everything you had on your plate.

It also didn't help that you had a girlfriend and that the relationship was starting to dwindle.

Like Lisa had supposedly predicted, Dahyun was someone you had fallen in love with. She was everything Lisa had described to you when she talked about what to look for in a girl. Dahyun met the criteria, but none of it mattered when you couldn't spend time with her.

The breakup wasn't violent or anything like that. It was a slow burn that led to a simple, sorrowful text that concluded the relationship.

Even if it was inevitable, the breakup still hurt.

At least you had Lisa by your side.

She was the first to hear the news. It seemed like the word got out and spread like wildfire among your friend group. You didn't know who found out about it first, but when Lisa showed up at your doorstep with snacks, you knew everyone must've heard about it.

"So, what's up?" Lisa wasn't one to get straight to the point. While there were times that bothered you, this wasn't one of them. She knew you didn't want to think about it too much and tiptoeing around the subject was a lot better than immediately ripping off the bandage. Lisa knew you too well to do something like that to you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Eh."

That stopped the conversation dead in its tracks, though that wasn't a bad thing. The two of you would sit in comfortable silence all the time. Even if Lisa was dying to say something, she knew you enjoyed the silence. She didn't want her hyperactive mind to ruin moments like these.

After a while, Lisa decided to break the silence. It had been long enough. "Did you hear back from your parents?"

It wasn't just your relationship with Dahyun that was going south. You didn't have the time to keep many connections alive, including the one with your parents. Moving out of the house when high school ended to get closer to both university and your company's practice building meant that was where most of your time was allocated.

Things between you and your parents didn't end on a good note the day you packed your stuff. They weren't too keen on you moving away from them while you didn't want to deal with the commute and knew moving closer to both the university and practice building would be best. In the end, you finished the day sitting in your stuffy apartment surrounded by boxes you'd need to unpack soon enough.

You struggled to send your father or mother a text not too long after. You didn't want to move away from your parents on bad terms, but you couldn't find the right words to say. You weren't sure if it was because of your decision or if it was something else, but that had been bothering you for a while as well.

Since it had been a few months since then, Lisa knew you had been dwelling on it for a while. It usually took around three months for you to truly open up about things and enough time had passed for Lisa to bring it up. She knew you didn't want to keep it in the back of your mind any longer, so talking about it would be for the best.

"It's hard, you know?" You pulled your phone out and opened your messages. It had been months since you had last texted your parents. "I just don't know what to say."

"Just say anything. Open up a channel and things will fall into place." Lisa's voice was reassuring, but thoughts still ran around in your head, something Lisa never missed. "If you don't know what to say, just say that. Tell them you don't know how to start the conversation, but you want to talk."

"That's easy for you to say."

"It's easy for everyone to say. Remember, the key to maintaining a relationship is good communicat-" Lisa tried to cut herself off, but she had already said too much. She kicked herself internally, but she could see the look in your eyes changing. "Sorry."

You shook your head. "Don't be. It's true."

Once again, silence hung over the two of you. This time though, it wasn't as comfortable. Lisa was used to sitting on your couch while being silently bored out of her mind, but this wasn't one of those situations. The couch felt foreign and your tiny apartment wasn't as inviting as it used to be.

"I guess I need to be more open, huh?" You spoke, snapping Lisa out of her worried thoughts and it caught her off guard.

She hadn't heard you be this honest about yourself in quite some time. Usually, you'd wallow in silence while Lisa tried to find ways to keep you happy. Neither of you moved towards the topic of your flaws and shortcomings. The last time she heard you talk like this was when you first failed a test in middle school because you were spending too much time practicing and not enough time studying. That was when you decided to work on your time management, but this was something else entirely.

More often than not, you were stuck in your ways. If there was an issue, you'd find a way to move past it or around it without changing yourself. Lisa wasn't sure why you were like this, but that was how you were. At first, she thought you were just stubborn and childish, but after a while, she thought it was a fear of change.

"Dahyun must hate me now. I don't think I've talked to her at all during the week before we broke up." You fidgetted with your fingers. "I'm just a terrible person, aren't I?"

"You're not a terrible person, (y/n). It's just that she wasn't the one. You'll find the perfect match eventually. In fact, maybe she's around and you just haven't realized it yet?" Lisa was being painfully obvious now, though she knew you wouldn't catch on. 

You gave her a quizzical look. "Do you have someone in mind?"

"Of course I do! Let's see..." Lisa placed a finger on her chin. "Like I said before, someone who's energetic and bright, but also someone who's a cat person."

"Don't those things clash? A cat person who's bright and energetic? Does that even exist? Are you making fun of me?"

Lisa shoved you over. "Of course not! I just mean someone who's fun to be around but also knows how to relax and be patient! You move at a hectic pace everyday, but you also need to learn how to unwind every once in a while. A dog lover tends to be someone like Dahyun. They have a pool of energy that never runs out. A cat lover knows how to deal with the slower things in life."

You took a minute to think through all of the people you knew before coming up with a conclusion. "Like Kyulkyung?"

"Huh?"

"Doesn't she have two cats?"

___

The knock on the door signalled the news spreading once again like wildfire. You opened it a sliver and just like always, Lisa was stood there with a bag full of snacks. You felt bad for letting Lisa cheer you up and talk through things every time something happened, but you were all the more thankful for her presence.

It didn't even take a second for Lisa to slide past you and find her way onto your couch, waiting for you to join her. A movie was playing on your TV, though you weren't really paying attention to it. For all you knew, it could've been some tacky musical you had no interest in.

You did as you always did, make your way to her side. Even if you didn't want to talk or even think about it, you knew Lisa was going to find a way to get you to talk. She just had that power over you.

"Talk." Over the years, Lisa got better at getting straight to the point. Likewise, you were getting better at talking. After your multiple breakups and the equal number of times Lisa had shown up on your doorstep, both of you were getting better at this. You weren't as bothered by Lisa's straightforwardness and she liked how you were more willing to talk about things that were on your mind.

"You already know, Lisa. Things didn't go so well." While Lisa didn't like how you used to become a shut-in after a breakup, she also didn't like how you seemed to be unfazed by it now. She wasn't sure if it was just a facade or if you really remained unbothered by it and that bothered her.

"Why?"

"I guess we just drifted apart."

Lisa already knew why. The lack of communication was killing all of your relationships. Your relationship with your then-girlfriend, your parents, and even with Lisa. She couldn't even remember the last time you had texted her.

She was growing frustrated with everything. "Lame."

She quickly stood up, knowing this conversation wasn't going anywhere. After all these years, you still didn't seem to get a hang of the fact that you needed to improve as a person. Even she could only deal with it for so long.

"Are you leaving already?" You hadn't seen Lisa for a while due to practices getting more and more important at this stage in your trainee life. Carving out time for her was tough with everything you had going on and you weren't sure when the next time you had space on your busy schedule to sit down and chat with her.

"Yeah." Lisa was quick on her feet and before you knew it, she was out the door.

As Lisa disappeared from sight, you looked around your apartment. She had left the snacks she had brought untouched on the counter and it left an uneasy feeling in your chest.

Whenever the two of you had this type of chat, she'd give you advice and whatnot. Lisa would give you a list of qualities you should be looking for in someone when looking for a girlfriend. Not today though. 

Today, she was in and out of your apartment in seconds.

You hadn't noticed it yet, but that would be the last time you'd see or hear from her for a while.

___

Without Lisa's help, it seemed like you had gotten everything to go in your favour. Life was looking up for you. You had a caring, supportive girlfriend who could deal with your shortcomings and while your relationship with your parents still wasn't on the most stable ground, they at least understood why you felt the need to move out so suddenly.

Outside of relationships, your training seemed to be going well and your grades in university were looking good as well.

The one thing you were missing was your best friend. Lisa had virtually disappeared. She still showed up to class and you'd occasionally see her on campus running between classes, but the two of you didn't talk. She had her group of friends and you had yours.

When one of your friends asked about it, you just shrugged it off, though if you were being honest, you didn't really understand why the two of you drifted apart. You and Lisa were best friends since middle school and that friendship lasted throughout high school and at the beginning of university before it fell apart in an instant. Years of building up a friendship and it only took a second to let it all fall down.

Still, from the outside, everything looked like it was going swimmingly. You had a loving girlfriend, a drama-less family, a future in music, and good grades in school.

But nothing could be this perfect forever.

Much like how Lisa had disappeared, everything in your life started to fall apart.

One by one, things started to happen.

First, your family started to struggle to stay together after your father landed in the hospital and your family went into debt. A petty fight about not spending time with each other soon after destroyed your relationship with your girlfriend of three years, though with your debut around the corner and her schedule already filled up with a comeback, it was inevitable. Your grades started tanking after your mental health started deteriorating since you didn't have anyone to lean on. The lack of motivation to move forward after seeing everything fall apart affected your ability to perform during practices.

You were in the dumps.

At least being alone had its pros too.

There wasn't anyone there to stop you from doing anything. For the first time in a while, you slept for a whole day. You didn't have one of your friends calling you or showing up at your door asking you for company. Without any distractions, you could also focus on things you previously didn't have time for. Things like relationships, though you didn't have any relationships to maintain at that moment.

In the end though, being alone did you more harm than good.

You felt really lethargic, barely having the energy to even get out of bed. The silence that came with being alone also didn't help you mentally. The people you could once rely on for a helping hand weren't there in your life anymore. All you could do was wallow in your despair as you sat in your small apartment.

The apartment never felt too big until now. Before, you always thought you needed more space, but now, you felt small and insignificant as you occasionally stepped out of your room to use the washroom or walk over to the kitchen.

Everything you did felt pointless.

What was the point of talking to people if they were going to vanish from in front of you?

What was the point of going to class if all you were going to do was eat and sleep?

What was the point of working hard during practice if everyone was going to inevitably be forgotten and die?

Death.

The thought of it didn't scare you as much as it used to. You used to be terrified of it, but it was something that was coming for everyone. There was no reason to be scared of it. If only it could come sooner, you thought.

Every day felt longer than usual now.

There was no excitement that made the seconds pass by quicker. You didn't have anything planned that you could look forward to. You didn't have a girlfriend that could make every worry disappear with a simple text. Classes weren't in session since it was summer so you occupy yourself with that either. There was no future you could see that you wanted to experience and work hard for. Instead, seconds felt like hours and the days were agonizingly long. All you could do was cry and pray the days passed by faster.

As you sat alone in your room, thoughts passed by in your mind. If only Lisa was here, you thought. She always knew how to make things better. You glanced at your phone that sat on the bedside table and considered texting her, but you couldn't find the courage to. It had been years since you had talked to her. You couldn't see a scenario where she would respond positively to that.

It felt like you ruined everything you came in contact with. Even Lisa's unstoppable force of cheerfulness shrunk in your presence. That was why she hadn't reached out to you after all this time. Still, it felt good to even think about Lisa. Her name brought you a sense of peace somehow.

You didn't know what had happened to her since the two of you stopped talking. Maybe she was back in Thailand for the summer or maybe she's still working as hard as ever to become an idol. She used to lock herself in the practice rooms and refused to leave until she executed every little detail of a dance she was learning perfectly. It was annoying to try and coax her out, but at some point, it became fun. Maybe she thought about you the way you were thinking about her.

You huffed. "No way," you said to no one in particular. The house was empty and you were alone. The silence was suffocating. All you could hear was the occasional creaking of the hardwood floors whenever you shifted your weight.

Then a knock came from the front door.

It was subtle and at first, you thought nothing of it. Maybe your neighbour had someone coming over and you could hear the knocking through the thin walls of the apartment.

But then the knock was louder.

You couldn't think of anyone who would want to talk to you right now. Everyone you knew was busy. A bunch of your friends decided to go on a trip and you chose to stay so you could practice through the summer, though that wasn't going so well.

And then the knock sounded distressed.

Whoever it was, they weren't just knocking on the door. It sounded like they wanted to break the door down. They were punching and kicking, trying to break the door off its hinges. Maybe if you let them be for a little longer, they'd actually succeed in bashing your door into pieces.

"Open the door!"

It was a woman's voice. The distance made it sound muffled, but you could make it out a little bit. They didn't sound as panicked as you had expected. Whoever was trying to break down the door seemed mad. Maybe it was the police. You tried to think of any night you were too drunk for your own good.

"(y/n)! I know you're in there!"

They knew your name. Maybe it really was the police. You didn't know any of your neighbours and from what you could tell, they didn't know anything about you. What if it was the landlord? You didn't play music out loud so it shouldn't be a noise complaint, though whoever was about to break your front door might cause one.

"Damn it! Open the door!"

There was a loud thud against the door. Whoever they were must've been wearing heavy boots. The door handle was rattling. They might be trying to forcefully enter your apartment and calling the cops might be the best thing to do. Though from what you could remember, there weren't any murderers or burglars on the loose. 

"Fuck!"

One more loud bang and things suddenly fell silent. That sounded like it could've dented the door pretty badly. Whoever was out there must've had a really good kick. At least they stopped, you thought to yourself. Now you had silence and time to think again, even if it was doing more harm than good at this moment.

Your phone then started ringing.

It was out of reach and you couldn't be bothered to stand up and get it. Instead, you stared at it vibrating on your bedside table. The phone vibrating against the wooden bedside table made an ear-piercing buzz, but you couldn't find the strength to stop it. Besides, the line would cut itself soon enough.

And it did.

But then it started ringing again.

You couldn't think of anyone trying to call you right now, especially this adamantly. Everyone knew if you didn't pick up, it was because you were busy, though sometimes it was because you didn't want to get up. This was one of those times you just didn't want to move. You just hoped this would be the last time they called and that you could finally sit in silence.

The phone rang again.

And again. 

And again.

Just as it started to get on your nerves, the calls stopped. You hadn't realized you were balling up your fists and holding a breath the whole time. Your knuckles were turning white as you listened to the incessant ringing and there was a pain that was starting to build up in your chest. As you released, you noticed how dry your mouth was.

It was when you walked to your kitchen that you heard something very familiar.

Awfully quietly, but you could hear the sound of someone crying. You could feel the vibrations resonate through your body as you listened closely. In your head, you could imagine how the tears felt as they rolled down your face since the sensation was far too familiar.

You didn't bother to walk to the cupboard and grab a glass of water for yourself. Instead, you were drawn to the source of the crying.

They were close.

Mere steps and a door stood between you and whoever was shedding tears. As you placed your ear against the door to try and listen to the quiet crying, you could feel the door shake just as their body did as it leaned against the door for support.

A part of you was afraid to see who it was. You had no idea who would've showed up to your door, tears rolling down their cheeks. Your mother would've called beforehand and your friends were away. Peeking through the peephole didn't help either. They must've been crouched down. You could see it in your mind's eye; someone with their knees up against their chest, much like you were whenever you felt far too lonely for your own good.

Your mind raced, but no answers came.

Hesitantly, you placed your hand on the doorknob. You were unsure if you could or should open the door. It was cold to the touch and it felt like it was telling you not to, but you hardened your resolve.

From the moment you twisted the doorknob, it nearly swung open in your face. If you hadn't gotten out of the way, there was a good chance you would've broken your nose, though there wasn't enough time to think about that.

The yelp that came after you opened the door and the thud of whoever was leaning against your door hitting the floor was confusing to say the least. You looked down to see her looking right back at you. She was sprawled out on the door, partly surprised by the door suddenly opening but also partly surprised by the fact that your front door opened at all. The tears on her face her still fresh and one continued to roll down her cheek. Her phone was in her hand, trapped in an air-tight squeeze as if it was her lifeline.

"Lisa?" You could still see the confusion behind Lisa's bloodshot eyes trying to make sense of the situation. "What are you doing here?"

Much like her, you were trying to understand what was happening. She looked dishevelled and was dressed in what she would usually wear when she attended practices. With a hat on her head and a matching set of sweatpants and a sweater, she looked like this was an unplanned stop in her day. Knowing it was pretty late, she must've been on her way back home, though it was in the opposite direction so that didn't make sense either. You hadn't spoken to Lisa in years and there was no reason for her to be crying on your doorstep while trying to break your front door down. Even if the two of you didn't part ways on the best of terms, it wasn't like you and Lisa stopped talking because you hated each other. At least that was what you thought from everything you knew.

Without saying anything, Lisa stood up. She didn't say a word and it worried you. You remembered Lisa as cheerful and energetic, but right now, she looked like everything but that. She didn't have her usual smile and energy that she carried around with her.

After a bit, those sad eyes were replaced with ones that shot daggers at you as she walked passed you and threw herself on your couch. On the other hand, you stood in place like a statue, unsure of what to do.

Were you supposed to act like those years of not talking never happened?

Should you explain yourself to her?

Would she understand?

"Sit." Lisa's voice pierced your thoughts. You turned to her, but she was facing away from you and her eyes were glued to the empty wall in front of her. There was an imaginary force pulling you towards her and as you sat down on the couch, you could feel the tension building in the room.

She remained silent and unmoving as the atmosphere became more and more suffocating. You tried to find a way to start a conversation, but you realized pretty quickly that it was always Lisa that would get you to talk.

"What are you doing?" Lisa's deadpan tone rang in your ears as she spoke, though still not looking at you. It wasn't soft, but it wasn't harsh either. It was neither loud nor quiet. Lisa's voice just hung in the room and in your head, leeching onto your thoughts. It was terrifying for some reason. There was a feeling of dread that followed her words as if it was the last time you were ever going to hear her speak.

"I'm sitting next to you." You didn't like it, but your voice came out just as Lisa's had. The words were forced out without emotion. There was no excited undertone or implicit sadness in your voice. They were just words that you spoke. Nothing more and nothing less.

In an instant, everything that had been building up in the tense atmosphere and within Lisa had blown up. Lisa slammed her phone to the ground sending bits of glass across the floor. You felt a few pieces hit your leg and when you looked down, the phone was shattered. The screen was cracked and you couldn't see a way it could ever be used again.

"Bullshit!" You had never seen Lisa like this. The force she had just exerted and the fury on her face said it all. When she turned to you, you could see the burning tears starting to fall down her cheeks. The rage and fury were evident, though you didn't know what had caused this. You knew it was your fault, but you didn't know if it was just one thing or multiple things that had added up. You would've taken the time to think all of it through, but you knew Lisa would give you all of the reasons soon enough. "Have you thought that maybe all of this was your fault!?"

"What do you me-"

"Are you kidding me!? Do you not pay attention to anything but yourself!? Don't you see everyone around you disappearing!?" The frustration Lisa was feeling came out in her voice. She shouted and every word hit you like a ton of bricks. "Your girlfriends, your family, your friends! Me! I was there with you for years! Years of my life I've been by your side, helping you! Don't you think there's something wrong if I've given up too!?"

"Given up...?"

"Did you seriously not notice!? Can you not tell that you've been letting people down!? Don't you remember how you were when you broke up for the first time!? Where did that humanity go!?" At this point, Lisa was getting tired. Her voice wavered as she spoke and she considered leaving before she did something drastic. Still, she continued to press on. "Do you know why people are leaving!? Do you know why your exes are gone from your life!? Do you know why this house is so lifeless!? Do you know why I've given up on you!? If you can't, you're a terrible person! Just a waste of air! A culmination of every horrible, inadequate, useless-"

Lisa was furious and she had every right to be. Nothing you could do or say was going to change that. Instead of talking back, you remained silent, letting Lisa batter you with words.

"(y/n)." The tone in Lisa's voice changed. Anger moved out of the way for her sadness to take over. You looked up to see her trembling, terrified of what she had just said. This was the mistake she was afraid to make. "Listen to me, please. Just... Just be a better person. There are people in this world that love you and want you to be there with them. They want to be able to call you a friend, a boyfriend, and a loved one. If you like this though, they'll all drift away, regretting that you couldn't be with them."

It seemed like the world started to crumble around you. Every moment that led up to this situation flooded your mind. Every conversation you had with friends. Every second spent away from a girlfriend. Every text or phone call you didn't respond to. They all added up to this singular moment with Lisa sitting in front of you, dishevelled and broken, pleading for you to snap out of it. "Lisa... I-"

"I love you, (y/n). I've loved you ever since you came into my life. I haven't stopped loving you since you stepped out of it. But I loved the version of you that cared about people. The one that cared about feelings and was scared by how fragile you were." Lisa hated how the tears in her eyes blurred her vision, not letting her see how you were reacting to all of this. "The (y/n) that needed me to swoop in and save you from yourself. The one that wasn't afraid to cry when you were hurt or smile when something good happened to you. I loved you when you were human, not some monster that didn't care for others."

For the first time in what felt like years, you could feel tears starting to build up in your eyes too. All of these emotions that you had locked away were breaking free. You hadn't cried when your most recent girlfriend had left you. You hadn't smiled, laughed, and cried tears of joy with your eventual groupmates when you were told you were debuting. The self-realization that you had become a stone wall hurt and along with that, the fact that you had hurt everyone around you only multiplied that pain.

"I want to love the version of you that could show emotions and feel things in your heart." Memories of you in Lisa's mind brought a melancholic smile to her face. All of the times the two of you had spent lazy days and nights on the same couch she was crying on could only bring happiness if it also brought a hopeless sense that she would never experience it again. "If you aren't going to change though, that's someone I'll never be able to love again. It hurts, (y/n)."

"I'm sorry, Lisa. I really am." When the first tear started rolling down your cheek, the floodgates were open. There was no stopping the torrent of pain. "I'm sorry that I've become a monster that has pushed you away and a person you've spent so much time trying to help, only to hurt you more than anyone ever could. All I can ask for is your forgiveness. Forgive me for letting you slip away. Forgive me for not fighting through these things and standing by your side. Forgive me for being someone you had fallen in love with, only to become the person you despise the most. I promise I'll work hard to be a better person. I'll do whatever it takes, I swear. I don't want to be left alone when all is said and done. I want you to be able to look at me without malice and I want to be able to be by your side. Maybe not as lovers, but if we can be together as friends, that's more than enough. Being alone is scary, Lisa."

The enveloping warmth of Lisa's arms around your body breathed new life into you. For Lisa, it felt like the clocks were winding back to the days when she was your best friend and you were the love of her life. For you, it felt like a new beginning where you can start building up the next chapter in your life with Lisa beside you.

In that moment, all of your worries started to fade away into nothingness. Lisa's tight grip around you was a shield protecting you against all of the negative thoughts that were trying to attack you. For the first time in a while, you knew what it felt like to have someone in your corner, willing to help you when you need it.

"I'm back, (y/n). I still love you the way I did back then and it'll be hard to go back to the days we didn't have to worry about those things, but we have time." Lisa lightly chuckled as she listened to you cry into her shoulder. She could feel the familiar sensation of your tears seeping into her sweater like it always had years ago. "Why don't we get some snacks and watch a movie? I've got nowhere to be tomorrow and have nothing to do tonight other than complain about how tiring practice is."

When Lisa pulled away, the feeling of loneliness never came to strike you. She was back in your life and things could only go up from here. Lisa had saved you from yourself and there was no telling what else she'd be able to do.

Lisa got up and tip-toed around her shattered phone on the ground, but you quickly pulled her back down. There was a surprised look in her eyes and when you grabbed her neck and tugged her closer to you, thoughts started racing in her mind.

The kiss was brief, but you could feel a lifetime of love entering your body. "Thank you, Lisa, for being here and being the brilliant person you are."

Lisa tried hard to hold back a smile but failed rather quickly. She burst into giggles as she flicked your forehead, sending a stinging pain throughout your body. "Stop being an idiot, (y/n). Of course I'd be back for you. I've loved you for so long and I'm just glad we can be here together again."

___

A/N

God, it actually feels so good to finish this chapter. It's kinda packed with a lot of emotions, especially near the end, but it was really fun to write this. I ended up not veering away from the original request since I had a few ideas I wanted to put in here, so sorry about that.

I showed this to my girlfriend since I needed a title for this chapter and she asked if I was feeling okay and if there was something I needed to tell her. I swear I'm fine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64 2 6
Random kpop fluff, smut, or angst BTS TXT MONSTA X SVT + OTHERS
28.1K 385 13
Just a bunch of killers and survivors x reader oneshots and short stories :) (Mostly legion, ngl)
11.4K 281 16
this book contains imagines or one-shot stories of TWICE Jihyo.
664 10 12
A book full of oneshots and stories of your favorite kpop girls. ONGOING