Solar Frost ☼ Kaebedo Week 20...

By emmacupcake94

A collection of 7 Kaebedo one shots inspired by the prompts from Kaebedo Week 2022! The carrd can be found he... More

a/n
Moon and Sun, Yin and Yang
Kissing Under Fairy Lights
Red Hearts and White Chalk
Paper Perfection
Glowing Starlight

And They Were Roommates

48 2 0
By emmacupcake94

the prompt: found family, modern, domesticity

ok i was looking for ideas and found too many and then they all got stuck in my brain so i wrote them except they were all too short so here is a collection of one shots and drabbles 

it all centers around a roommates au and idk what to title them all so they will just be separated randomly

enjoy!

---

"Your hair is getting pretty long, Albedo," Kaeya noticed one day, when climbing up the stairs right behind Albedo. And looking at his ass. Well, trying hard not to look, but failing anyway.

It wasn't that Kaeya was attracted to his roommate. He just thought that Albedo was rather fit, and wanted to tell him so, desperately, but knew that Albedo would be too engrossed in whatever the hell he was researching at the time to pay any attention. It was like that for anything Kaeya tried, whether it be a candlelit dinner or a visit to a dog shelter to play with puppies.

So perhaps Kaeya was harboring a crush on his roommate. But it wasn't his fault, honestly. Who couldn't fall in love with Albedo? He was charming, and pretty, and intelligent, and never failed to make Kaeya feel like he had run out of words to use.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Albedo reached behind and touched one piece of blonde hair, about the length of his shoulder blades now. "I haven't been paying much attention to my hair lately."

They reached the top of the stairs and Kaeya pulled out the key to the apartment they shared. It had been a few years since they moved in together, but Albedo was still exactly the same, Kaeya thought. Pretty and smart and painfully, painfully oblivious.

"I don't know if I would have enough time to book an appointment to get my hair cut," Albedo said with a sigh. "Perhaps I'll grow it out."

"You know, I could cut your hair for you." Kaeya offered, his voice sounding far more casual than he really felt. "It can't be too hard,"

What was he doing? Kaeya had never cut hair before in his life. He would probably make a mess out of Albedo's pretty blonde hair, and it would be all his fault. But the offer still hung in the air, and Albedo's eyes looked over Kaeya nervously.

"Why not?" Albedo shrugged, turning away to hide his face. "I'm sure you'll do a great job."

Kaeya took a deep breath and walked closer. "Alright, I'll get out the scissors." Kaeya actually did own a set of hair-cutting tools, but had never touched the thing in his lifetime.

Sitting down, Albedo put a pink towel over his shoulders, and stared expectantly at Kaeya in the mirror of their bathroom. It was rather cramped, so Kaeya was pressed right next to Albedo.

---

At the first touch of Kaeya's nimble fingers, Albedo had to take a deep breath. He pretended he wasn't affected by Kaeya's touch, the way he lifted his hair, fingers deftly maneuvering the hair scissors.

So perhaps Albedo found Kaeya extremely attractive, but Albedo was 95% sure that Kaeya only considered him a friend. Sometimes, the urge to grab Kaeya's collar and kiss him senseless was almost too much to bear, but Albedo would never act on those impulses. They were just silly little dreams he had, and besides, Albedo's research kept him up far too late at night to add a relationship into the mix.

Kaeya's fingers were cold against Albedo's neck, bringing him back to sad reality. Albedo looked up, and he met Kaeya's eyes in the mirror, noticing for the umpteenth time how pretty Kaeya was, all warm brown skin and charming eyes and smile.

And the softest-looking mouth. Albedo touched his own mouth faintly, barely registering the press of his fingertips. Kaeya stared at Albedo's reflection, probably wondering what the fuck he was doing.

This bathroom really was quite cramped. Albedo shifted slightly, and his arm brushed the side of Kaeya's leg. He withdrew quickly, feeling heat rise to his face and neck. Was it just Albedo, or had the bathroom become really heated? Perhaps they should open a window in here.

"All done," Kaeya said, clearing his throat. He turned away, leaving the small bathroom to get a broom, presumably.

Albedo looked in the mirror. Kaeya had cut his hair back to the normal shoulder length, and done a pretty good job of it as well. How had Kaeya remembered the way Albedo's hair looked? Even he didn't remember exactly how it had been styled, but then again, Albedo was usually too caught up in his work to care about his hair.

"Well?" Kaeya asked, re-entering the bathroom and holding a broom. "Thoughts?"

"I'm impressed by you—" Albedo looked up and saw Kaeya watching him intently through the mirror, eyes focused on Albedo. "Your handiness."

"And here I thought you were about to say that I was truly impressive." Kaeya teased, pretending to be insulted.

"I do think you're quite impressive," Albedo added, still sitting down in his chair. He thought that if he tried to stand up, he would fall over.

Kaeya sputtered, and Albedo watched him in the mirror, chest tightening at how adorable he looked. When he looked back at himself, he was surprised to see a small smile blossoming over his face.

---

Another cough.

"Are you sure you're able to go to work today, Kaeya?" Albedo asked for the third time, growing increasingly concerned about his roommate's health.

"I'm fine, don't worry. It's just a fever," Kaeya said, waving a hand at Albedo. He picked up his bag and made to move for the door of their shared apartment.

Albedo stepped closer and pressed his hand against Kaeya's forehead. He was burning up. Albedo could be neglectful of his health sometimes, but it never got this bad. Moving closer to Kaeya, Albedo pushed him away from the door, hands pressed to his shoulders, blissfully ignoring how solid they were.

"You need to stay home and rest," Albedo insisted, leading Kaeya into his room and pushing him down on the bed.

"Getting handsy, are we?" Kaeya muttered, but his voice wasn't full of the same teasing charm it usually had. Kaeya sank down on the bed and leaned his forehead against Albedo's hand, the picture of exhaustion.

"You've been overworking yourself," Albedo declared. "Put yourself back in bed. I'll take care of you today."

Uncharacteristically, Kaeya complied, putting his head against the headboard and closing his eyes in relief.

As Albedo loitered in the kitchen gathering hot water and other sick-day remedies, he realized that it was quite hypocritical of him to announce a sick day like this, but Kaeya was feverish. And Albedo certainly couldn't leave him alone in the house like this.

When Albedo reentered Kaeya's bedroom, he found Kaeya trying to stand back up, face red. Some odd reaction to seeing Kaeya caused Albedo to blush as well. He wanted to turn on the fan, but it would have bad effects on Kaeya.

"Albedo, you should," Kaeya paused to sit back down on the bed, breathing hard. "You should really go to work. You have that big project coming up, remember?"

"Sucrose will be fine on her own. I can't leave you here alone when you're sick." Albedo pressed, putting the hot water on the nightstand.

Was Kaeya really that oblivious? Albedo had read in a research paper that taking care of people could show them that a person had affection for them, so why wasn't it working here? Kaeya had to have known that Albedo wouldn't do this for anyone else, so why was he insisting against it?

Kaeya mumbled something to himself, something about 'persistence', and 'blondes', but Albedo didn't catch the rest. It was of no importance. He told Kaeya he was leaving to go get the thermometer, but the second Albedo had left the room, his head was against the wall.

Kaeya could really just be...so infuriating at times. Albedo poked his head around the corner and took a long look at Kaeya lying on the bed, ignoring the way his cheeks heated up at the sight of Kaeya lying in his bed.

"Are you going to get the thermometer or not?" Kaeya asked from the bed. It would have sounded bossy if his voice hadn't been ragged from the fever.

Albedo flushed at the sound and grabbed the thermometer from the closet.

"Just because you're sick doesn't mean you can be bossy," Albedo said, leaning down to take Kaeya's temperature. "Maybe if you keep acting like this, I'll really go to work."

As Albedo got up to go put the thermometer away, Kaeya reached out suddenly and grasped Albedo's hand. The unexpected contact and heat of Kaeya's fingers had Albedo red in the face.

"Please don't go, Albedo." Kaeya whispered, probably not even knowing what he was saying. Not-sick Kaeya would never say anything like that, Albedo was sure.

"I was only going to go put the thermometer away," Albedo said reassuringly, reluctantly pulling his hand from Kaeya's. He gave Kaeya a soft smile and turned to leave the room.

Footsteps from behind him, and then Kaeya's hands were on Albedo's waist, turning him so he was facing Kaeya, who was red in the face. Kaeya's hands shifted and Albedo felt swarms of butterflies rise in his stomach, warm and loopy. Albedo's hands flew up to Kaeya's shoulders, trying to gently back him into bed.

"I'm sorry, Albedo, I didn't mean to," Kaeya whispered, eyes focused on his with such intent that Albedo felt the need to look away.

"I know you didn't, but please get back in bed." Albedo told Kaeya, savoring his embrace and pretending, even if it was just for a second, that Kaeya's arms around him was real, and not an act brought on by a fever.

As Kaeya slipped back under the covers and promptly fell asleep, Albedo sat down and watched Kaeya, breaths rising and falling in unison. Slowly, Albedo stood up, leaned over, and pressed the lightest, smallest kiss to Kaeya's forehead. It was just an act of affection, as roommates, nothing more.

Albedo turned and left the room, smiling to himself.

---

"Kaeya, I promise you, the answer to #35 is 1.3562," Albedo said, exasperated. He pointed his finger at Klee's homework paper, riddled with scratches and sketches from Albedo and Kaeya's arguing.

"It literally tells you the formula that we're supposed to use, you're using the wrong one!" Kaeya continued, pointing at the paper.

Klee looked back and forth between the two arguing, eyes wide like she was watching some deeply amusing and dramatic soap opera. All she had wanted was help from her big brother, Albedo, and his roommate Kaeya.

Albedo had explained what a roommate was to Klee multiple times, but she still didn't get it. Only people who were in love lived together, as far as she knew. It wasn't hard to believe that Albedo and Kaeya were in love.

Anybody looking at them could tell, Klee thought. Even as they argued over her homework, she couldn't help but notice the way Kaeya snuck looks at Albedo when he was turning the pages, a fond look on his face. And when Kaeya grabbed the pencil from Albedo's hand, Albedo turned red at Kaeya's touch, even if it was only for a little bit.

"Are you guys dating? Klee thinks so!"

The looks on their faces when Albedo and Kaeya turned to Klee were so funny that she giggled.

---

this one is super random but fluffy so i hope u guys liked it!

tmr is more fluff + a kiss!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 46 7
[Genshin Impact - Childe x Lumine] 7 days, 7 prompts, 7 one-shots. April 3rd to 9th, 2022 𝙳𝚊𝚢 | 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚝 | 𝙽𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 1. R...
60 3 7
A collection of deliciously sweet Kawoshin oneshots from my own brain and (hopefully) the community. Feel free to suggest any prompts for chapters in...
472 11 19
This is the epilogue (sorta) for the Albedo's Descent series so please go read that first!!! I don't own the characters or the cover art! I gave you...
15.6K 92 17
these are going to be really short oneshots!! I accept requests anytime depending on the ship table of contents later cause why not fluff/ MAYBE some...