His True Mate - Twilight {E.C...

By luna8406

In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he... More

Authors Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Wedding Things
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - The Last One
Thank you!

Chapter 28

657 23 0
By luna8406

Good evening loves! We hit 6k!! I can't believe we've almost hit 30 chapters. Hopefully many more to come. I'm hoping to make this story last longer than Flames did.
Also this is being finished today, Thursday, instead of yesterday because I wasn't feeling well and I didn't go to school today. It's officially summeeeerrr!

Hope:

"What do you mean Carter?" Yvette asked as she, Henri, Edward and Dakota joined beside me.

"We saw wolves attack a group of our vampires this morning Yvette."

"That doesn't mean they were our wolves," one of the pack warriors said sternly.

"Well whoever's wolves they were, they broke the accords. Now we want something in return," this vampire, Carter, hissed.

"Anything, just let them go," I pleaded. I'm not one for innocent women and children being hurt. And I sure wasn't about to let it happen to the pack I'm now supposed to protect.

"A life for a life. Our good friend Sage was killed during the attack. Her head was ripped from her body. So here's what's going to happen, you have one of two options: A, you pick and choose anyone, just one, wolf to meet the same fate Sage did. Or, b, my four friends here are going to kill all six of these women and children."
Screams of fear and sobs erupted from those surrounding us, praying their families would be alright. The children clung to the older women even if they weren't their mothers.

"Or third option, c, you leave now and let every single one of them go. Don't, and you'll all meet the same fate as your precious Sage."

"Hope-" Yvette started.

"Yvette, I don't pledge loyalty to your coven. My wolves come first, I'm sorry, but they overstepped. If they don't get off our territory in the next three minutes, each of these pack warriors will kill your rogue vampires, no hesitation."

"Carter, please. We will make a memorial for Sage, just go," Yvette pleaded.

"Seriously? Sage stayed loyal to you!" Carter shouted. Those being held hostage flinched, and kept close together. I was going to have to do this the hard way.
He stepped forward, and my hand went up. Seven pack warriors charged forward, two going after Carter, and the other five going after the other four vampires. I went around, Edward calling my name to stop me but I ignored it. I had to get the children and women away safely before they got caught in the crossfire.

"Come with me," I urged. They all got up and sprinted away from the fighting with me, and I stopped next to Edward while they continued running to find their families.
I called out to those fighting the vampires, "Only restrain them! I'll deal with them myself."

When the vampires were held to a point where they couldn't escape, I went one by one. My hazel eyes turned into that red with golden swirls and now they looked at me, frightened. I ripped off the heads of each of the vampires, and set them on fire.

"Let this be a lesson. Wolf or vampire, whoever attacks the other and I find proof of it, I will give whatever punishment deems fit."
Edward and I spent a few extra hours there learning who everyone is, and I seemed to get along well with one of the pack warriors. His name is Samuel, and apparently he's the great grandson of Liam and Sophia, and he loves to shit talk them as much as I do. While Edward and I are away from the pack's lands, Samuel is in charge and if anything is to happen he will text or call me. So now Edward and I can have alone time on our honeymoon without needing to be here twenty-four seven.

Edward:

"Is your burn healed?" I asked as I threw away an empty bag of animal blood. Hope is cooking herself chicken enchiladas.

"Yep, like it wasn't even there to begin with."

"That's good. Alice called earlier after we got back home to check on everything."

"Really? How is everything with them back in Forks?" She asked as she put her enchiladas in the oven.

"Everyone's good as far as I know. She said Renesmee has been spending a lot of time with Jacob and Bella, and you know, Paul is being Paul, constantly raving about you and how enraged you make him. Sam has just been with Emily and Grace, and Seth asked how you're doing," I responded.

"Is there a wedding sometime in the future for those two lovebirds? Jake and Ness?" She chuckled.
"Not until I die."
"You won't die."
"That's the point," I rolled my eyes.
"Edward, you and I and Bella all know Jacob will treat Ness right. Besides, she's already been imprinted on, so there's no undoing their bond now."
I sighed, "I just worry that when she and Jacob start building a life together they're going to want to go off on their own."
"Honey, it's life. Baby birds grow and leave their nests. And who knows, maybe Ness will decide to stay close. Maybe not in the same house, but close."

I gave Hope a soft kiss. "Do you think that you're going to go back to Nadja since you're leading wolves that stay in France?"

"No, I think I'll stick to Hope. I wouldn't mind them calling me Nadja or Nadi, even after I returned from the army they still called me Nadja, but legally it will remain Hope."

*******

Hope:

The next day Edward went out to get me some sweets from the store with Pierre, so I decided to call Rose and check on everyone in Forks. The phone picked up on the second ring.
"Hello?"

"Rose, it's me."

"Oh my gosh, hi! The other day Alice talked to Edward. I miss you guys."

"We miss you too," I laughed.

"How was it with the wolves?" She asked.

"It was good, had a little incident involving some vampires of Yvette and Henri's, but they're dead now and are no longer a threat."

"That's good."

"How... how're Jake, Leah, and Seth?"

"Seth's a little upset, so are Jacob and Leah, but they're alright. Leah's distracting Seth since you're still gonna be gone for a while and Jacob is busying himself with being affectionate and loving towards Renesmee. You guys are coming back right?"
I sighed.

"I don't know Rosalie, I honestly can't say I have a definite answer for you. I mean, I'm responsible for a whole pack now, I can't just up and leave after my honeymoon for god knows how long. I really don't think we'll be coming back. Edward and I talked and I think he's willing to stay."

"What?" I heard another voice, it was Jake.
"Shut up," Alice hissed.
"I'm sorry Hope," Rosalie finally said.

"No it's fine, I get it I guess. Really I should be apologizing to Jacob but I doubt he wants to hear from me."
Rose and I talked a little more and then we hung up so she could go hunt with Emmett. I napped until Edward and Pierre got back.

"There's my favorite little wamp girl," Pierre smiled and hugged me. I was laying on the couch when they returned.
"Wamp girl?" Edward raised his eyebrow.
"Wolf-vamp girl. Wamp girl," Pierre responded making Edward laugh.
"Shut up Eddie," I rolled my eyes.
"Low blow."
"You'll get over it," I replied sarcastically. "Where's my candy?" I asked. Edward threw me a bag full of stuff and I squealed happily. He got me Pringles, chocolate chip cookies, a small tub of chocolate ice cream, and chocolate covered Oreos. A human would think I'm on my period but really I'm just a chocolate lover.

"Are you diabetic?" Pierre asked jokingly. I smacked him with my box of cookies.
"What was that for?!"
"Shut up, you don't even feel pain."
"Hey, I can still feel things."
"But it doesn't hurt you."
"Fine."
Arguing with Pierre is always funny, plus, he understands my humor. Eventually he left to go home where he, Julia, and Camille stay. I'm starting to think they have a friends with benefits thing going on.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Edward asked with a smirk, knowing I'd say yes.

"Disney!"
We got comfortable on the couch, and I made sure I had enough room for my snacks. I felt myself falling asleep halfway through Lilo and Stitch so I lay my head down on Edward's chest and slowly drifted off.

This a bit shorter of a chapter because todays my moms birthday. Speaking of I gotta go get ready for that cause I have to set the whole thing up. Thank you for reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.3K 1.5K 27
𝗙!𝗒𝗖 π˜… 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝗰 π—©π—Όπ—Ήπ˜π˜‚π—Ώπ—Ά [PRE-WRITING CHAPTERS] Ellory Cullen is the youngest in the Cullen family, she had been turned by Carlisle upon he...
35K 1.2K 12
Olivia Deven Swan. Bella Swans older twin sister. She's completely oblivious to the supernatural world around her, though she never liked her siste...
106K 3.6K 15
When a boy meets a vampire, he feels as if he could live forever. 30,366 Words Started- 22/04/22 Rewrite- 18/09/23 Finished- 30/12/23 - Jasper Hale...
150K 6.9K 33
.β€’A story in which a vampire and a hybrid find each other in a strange way, and end up being perfect for each other. When a human enters their family...