When They Came [Under editing]

By rosetulip05

Started : April, 2022 Completed : September, 2022 _________________________________ Boring, lonely and simple... More

Chapter 1- Alone
Chapter 2- Kidnapped
Chapter 3- They don't love me
Chapter 4- Joke
Chapter 5- Shopping
Chapter 6- Escape
Chapter 7- Lost
Chapter 8- Torture
Chapter 9- Nothing
Chapter 10- Accepted
Chapter 11- Celine
Chapter 12- French fries
Chapter 13- Back to School
Chapter 14- Bank robbery
Chapter 15- Star gazing
Chapter 16- Surprise
Chapter 17- Dylan and Hailey
Chapter 18- Ruth
Chapter 19- Love just happens
Chapter 20-Welcome back, Celine
Chapter 21- Ignorance
Chapter 22- Broken Bracelet
Chapter 23- The news
Chapter 24- Arguement
Chapter 25- Bye Charlotte
Chapter 26- Pregnant
Chapter 28- I am back
Chapter 29- Snow
Chapter 30- Happy Birthday
Chapter 31- Amusement Park
Chapter 32- The truth
Chapter 33- Parents
Chapter 34- Dad's mafia
Chapter 35- Wool
Chapter 36- Sorry
Chapter 37- Be my girlfriend
Chapter 38- Be careful
Chapter 39- 14 Days
Chapter 40- Nightmare
Chapter 41- Kidnapped again
Chapter 42- Doom
Chapter 43- Dark room
Chapter 44- Casper
Chapter 45- Farther away
Chapter 46- Forgive me
Chapter 47- Cruel and Heartless
Chapter 48- Terrible
Chapter 49- Broken promises
Chapter 50- Goodbye Casper
Chapter 51- Back home
Chapter 52- Funeral
Chapter 53- Love you enough to let you go
Chapter 54- The End
Bonus Chapter- Forever his
Another bonus chapter

Chapter 27- Promise

1.8K 69 23
By rosetulip05

"Um.. Jennifer? Could you please get me a glass of orange juice from the kitchen?" Celine asked me in her sickenly sweet voice and I controlled myself from gagging.

"Sure, you want me to add something in it too? Poison maybe?" I said quietly to myself but Zack who was just passing by us on the couch heard it too and gave me an amused smile.

I was pouring orange juice for the witch in a glass when I felt two muscular arms encircling around my waist. "Are you jealous, my blob fish?" Zack huskily whispered in my ear, causing shivers to go down my spine.

"Why would I be jealous, my panda bear?" I whispered back. Zack nuzzled his head in my hair and inhaled my scent.

What was this boy doing?

"What are you doing, Zack? Let me go."

"What if I don't?" He whispered and bit my ear as I shuddered.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Zack smirking at the effect he caused on my body.

"Please, Zack."

"Alright." He removed his arms from around my waist and the warmth I had felt was gone.

I took the orange juice and started walking out of the kitchen.

"I hope you didn't add poison in it." Zack teased and I rolled my eyes.

"If we had poison in this house, I would have added it... In your food." I said and got out of the kitchen, smiling to myself.

"Thank you." The witch gave me a sweet smile but I just rolled my eyes on her.

Ever since she found out that she was pregnant, she has been bossing around everyone in the house.

And Damien? He practically kisses the ground she walks upon.

"Zack?" Celine called out for him as he made himself comfortable beside me on the couch.

"Hmm?" Zack hummed as he put his head on my lap much to Celine's annoyance and shock. And I don't know why, but my hands found their way to his hair.

I was caressing and running my hand through Zack's silky hair while my other hand was making patterns on his cheek.

To say that Zack was enjoying this would be an understatement. He was basically melting in my touch and I smirked to myself.

Celine's eyes looked ready to pop out of her stupid skull and to add more to her shock, I bent down and kissed Zack on his forehead. I felt him shiver under my touch and I smiled at him.

Zack stared into my eyes so intently that I felt myself getting lost in his light brown orbs. He reached his hand to touch my cheek and slowly started caressing it softly.

"This is the cheek you had slapped so many times." I blurted out even before I could control it.

Why Jennifer?! Why did you have to ruin the mood?! You blob fish!

Zack's eyes immediately reflected guilt and he lowered his hand from my cheek. "I am so sorry, Jennifer. You have no idea how guilty I am for hurting you." He said in a low and guilty voice.

I smiled at him. "It's okay." I replied.

I could sense how jealous Celine was feeling by how she was glaring at me but I ignored her.

"Uh, Zack." she called for him again as he had just ignored her the first time.

Lol.

"What?" Zack asked in a calm voice but I could hear the annoyance in it. "Can you..uh help me with something?" she asked.

"Why don't you ask Damien to help you?"

Exactly.

"He's out for his soccer practice."

"What do you need my help for?"

"Um actually.. I want to spend some time with you."

What the fu-

"You what?" Zack asked in a very annoyed tone. He was still gazing into my eyes and his head was still in my lap and I was still caressing his hair.

"Yes. I feel like we aren't as close as we were before. You remember how we always used to go out for ice cream or movies together whenever Damien used to be busy?"

"I am sorry, Celine. But I would much rather spend my time with Jennifer." He said as he smiled at me. A genuine sweet smile that could take any girl's breath away.

This Celine is trying to get Zack on her side.

She's such a bi-

Witch.

Yeah.

Celine looked taken aback.

She must not be used to rejection.

Lol.

"Okay." She said in a low sad voice and got up to leave for her room.

Hah.

I don't know what got over me but I bent down again and kissed Zack on his nose and he grinned at me.

Zack's POV:

Jennifer was gently caressing my hair and I was enjoying every second of her touch.

She was staring down at me with her beautiful blue eyes. Her black hair were left open and a few strands were fallen upon her face. She looked so innocent and pure.

She slowly bent down and kissed me on my nose and I subconsciously grinned at her. Her lips were so soft and gentle.

"Hey.. How about we watch a movie?" I suggested. She looked down at me while smiling and nodded.

With great will power, I got up from her lap and decided to put on a romantic movie. I chose 'The Notebook' as I knew Jennifer would love it.

Somewhere in between the movie, I felt Jennifer resting her head on my shoulder. I smiled to myself and wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to me.

By the end of the movie, Jennifer's head was resting on my chest and I had her securely in my embrace. She was too cute and her scent was so natural. She never wore any makeup. She was always so simple yet so beautiful.

I don't know why, but whenever I look at her innocent face, I feel like protecting her from every bad thing in the world. I feel like giving her everything she desires. I just couldn't stand to see her in tears.

When she told me that she liked Damien, I felt so jealous.

I liked Celine and she chose him. I like Jennifer and she liked him too.

I couldn't make Celine mine.. But I will not let anyone take Jennifer away from me.

She is mine.

Max's POV:

Liam is working so hard to collect money for fixing Charlotte's bracelet. I offered him to help but he denied me everytime. When they had taken her away, both him and Jennifer were so devastated. I knew that my sister could never betray anyone. She's too innocent to do that.

When I reached home, I froze upon seeing the scene in front of me in the living room.

Jennifer and Zack were sitting on the couch, in each other's strong embrace. They looked so happy and peaceful. Both of them were sleeping, blissfully unaware of my staring.

My sister looked like an angel. She looked so safe in Zack's protective arms.

I have no problem in them being together. If my sister is happy, I am happy. But the thing that bothers me is.. Zack's past with girls.

He used to sleep with a new girl every week and gave them no respect. He didn't care about their feelings. He never cared about any girl except Celine. He used to play with them like toys and was always an arrogant jerk with everyone except us. He never cared about people's feelings.

But now, he was changing. He was no longer his arrogant self. He had become much kinder now. Girls keep throwing themselves at him in school but he pays no heed in their direction.

And look at him with my sister. Always smiling and staring at her. The way he has kept her in his embrace, ready to protect her from everything.

I smiled at the two of them.

But I swear, if he ever made my sister cry or try to break her heart, he will pay a big price. I will not let anyone who tries to harm my sister live in peace.

Be it anyone.

Jennifer's POV:

I woke up feeling a warm presence around me. My head was on Zack's chest and he had his arms around me. We had fallen asleep while watching the movie but the thing that gave me a shock was- Max staring at us with adoration.

My eyes widened and my cheeks reddened and I stared at Max. He gave us a huge grin and shook his head and went inside his room.

What.

Beside me, Zack stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. My cheeks were still red and he gave me his sweet smile which made them become even more red.

What's wrong with my body?

***

"Where's Liam?" I asked while entering Max's room. He was reading a book, seeming to be pretty engrossed in it.

Max looked up from his book and smirked at me. "What was that outside?" he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and I rolled my eyes. "We were watching a movie, then we slept by the end of it." I shrugged.

"Liam found two part time jobs.. So he'll be coming late from now on." Max said and my eyes widened.

"What? But why?" I asked.

"He wants to get Charlotte's bracelet fixed with his own money." Max said proudly.

Oh Liam...

He really likes Charlotte a lot. Since the day we had kidnapped her, he's been head over heels for her.

Both of them look so cute together and just as their relationship had started to grow, that Celine had to step in.

That witch.

"Where are you lost?" Max asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Oh nothing. Just thinking about Charlotte." I sighed. Max got up from his bed and came over to me. "She'll be fine." Max assured me and I nodded.

***

"Max! My legs are hurting." I whined.

He had forced me to come to the lake with him for a walk to get a 'peace of mind' and we have been wandering for two hours now.

He was talking to the fishes in the lake and I also heard him calling a crab by the name 'Mr. Cracky.'

"Max!" I yelled with a frown.

"Hm?" He hummed in response and turned to look at me. "Alright. Come on, get on my shoulder. I'll carry you." Max grinned.

"What? No! I don't want to fall down and break my bones."

"Oh c'mon. Don't you trust me?"

I sighed and gave up. I can't argue with him if he brings trust in between.

Max bent down and I climbed on his shoulders. We were walking around like that, talking about random stuff and Max telling me his silly cat jokes.

"Tell me Jen, why did the cats ask for a drum set?" He asked.

"Um.. 'Cause they were bored?"

"Cause they wanted to make some mewsic!" He chuckled.

"Okay.. Hmm.. Why do cats always get their way?" He asked next.

"Oh, I know this one! Because they're very purr-suasive!"

"Right!" Both of us chuckled.

A little girl saw me on Max's shoulder and whined to her elder brother to carry her like that. The boy looked at us and sighed before carrying his sister just like Max was carrying me.

She looked not older than 10 and the boy appeared to be 15. They started walking towards us and stopped right beside Max.

"Would you like to have a race with us?" The girl asked us with an innocent look.

"Jasmine, you can't go around asking strangers to have a race with you." the boy tried to reason with her but Jasmine was a stubborn girl.

Max chuckled and then agreed to race with them. The girl's eyes twinkled with delight when Max agreed. She grinned at me before turning her attention to her brother. "We will win, right Matt?"

"Yeah, as if." Matt, the boy replied looking embarrassed because of his sister. They were so cute.

"Alright... 3, 2, 1, go!" Jasmine cheered.

Max took off at a very high speed but surprisingly, Matt wasn't so slow himself.

In order to get a better grip for myself, I accidentally held Max's face in my hands, blocking his eyes and making him stumble before he regained balance.

"Hands off, Jen!" He yelled.

"Sorry!"

Both me and Jasmine were laughing our heads off as the boys continued to run. Then just as we were about to finish, Max slowed down and Matt surpassed us causing Jasmine to clap her hands in delight.

"We won! We won!" she cried in contentment while clapping her hands giddily.

Matt put her down at the same time as Max put me down, but me being me slipped down and landed on my butt.

"Jennifer! Are you Okay?" Max asked with so much concern as he helped me to get up. "Yeah, I am fine, Max." I said and noticed that Jasmine was staring at us in awe.

"Are you twins?" She asked us.

Max and I looked at each other.

This is something that we wanted to know too.

Max smiled and nodded at her.

"Wow.. I thought so." Matt said.

The four of us chatted for a long time and Jasmine was just so happy that they'd won the race. Even Matt looked proud of himself.

"Bye, Jennifer! Bye, Max!" Jasmine yelled out and Matt waved us goodbye before leaving for their house. They were such lovely siblings.

"You had lost the race on purpose, right?" I asked Max.

"She looked so happy that I didn't want her to be sad because obviously it's us who would have won." Max shrugged.

"They're so lucky to have each other as siblings." I mumbled while looking down at my feet.

All my life, I was so alone with only a single friend who wasn't even a real friend. I wanted a sibling so badly but never got one.

Life would have been so much better if I had a sibling to share my problems with. Who would have helped me to overcome my fears, who would have cheered me up when I was sad or feeling down.

"Hey.. We are lucky to have each other too." Max said as he pulled me in a hug. "Though we met each other after 17 years, but we still did."

He warmly smiled at me.

"Please don't ever leave me, Maxy." I mumbled to him.

"Never." He promised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 52.3K 69
"It's funny that you are saying this because if one of us is jealous, then it's you. Or did you forget that you just pushed the man I was dancing wit...
117K 3.1K 31
𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐘, the 18-year-old girl who grew up with nothing. Having to work for everything. She started providin...
35.4K 1.5K 13
We were a team. A confidence team, gaining your trust and ripping you off for every penny we could squeeze out of you. Stealing millions between pick...
756K 17.9K 51
"SSSSHHHHH... What did I say, you are here to listen, so let me complete. Your family's torture is not what I want. I want you, and now listen what I...