๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐— ๐—ฎ๐˜† ||...

By SoulaMay

๐–ฒ๐—ˆ ๐–จ ๐—๐–บ๐—Œ๐—‡'๐— ๐—‹๐–พ๐–บ๐–ฝ๐—’ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–ผ๐—…๐—Ž๐–ฝ๐–พ ๐—†๐—’ ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‹๐—Œ๐— ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—„, ๐–ป๐–พ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—Ž๐—Œ๐–พ ๐–จ ๐—๐–บ๐–ฝ๐—‡'๐—... More

โ™ฅ๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐ƒ๐”๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐โ™ฅ
โ™ก๐—ข๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ปโ™ก
โ™ก๐—ข๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ฌ๐™คโ™ก
โ™ก๐—” ๐—ฃ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ฆ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜โ™ก
โ™ก๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐—ณ ๐—™๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜†โ™ก
โ™ก๐—™๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑโ™ก
โ™ก๐—” ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ด๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—œ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑโ™ก
โ™ก๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐—ข๐—ณ ๐— ๐˜† ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒโ™ก
โ™ก๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—œ๐˜€ ๐—•๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑโ™ก
โ™ก๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—œ๐˜€ ๐—•๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ฌ๐™คโ™ก
โ™ก๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—œ๐˜€ ๐—•๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™šโ™ก
โ™ก๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—˜๐—ป๐—ฑโ™ก
โ™ก๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—˜๐—ป๐—ฑ โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ฌ๐™คโ™ก
โœฐ๐‘ต๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘ฌโœฐ
โ™ก๐—”๐—ป ๐—œ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜โ™ก
โ™ก๐—”๐—ป ๐—œ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™šโ™ก
โ™ก๐—”๐—ป ๐—œ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™งโ™ก
โ™ก๐—”๐—ป ๐—œ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™šโ™ก
โ™ก๐—”๐—ป ๐—œ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™Ž๐™ž๐™ญโ™ก
โ™ก๐—ฆ๐˜„๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ปโ™ก
โ™ก๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—˜๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—บ๐˜†โ™ก
โ™ก๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—˜๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—บ๐˜† โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ฌ๐™คโ™ก
โ™ก๐—ฌ๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—•๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ฒ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐˜โ™ก
โ™ก๐—š๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ฏ๐˜†๐—ฒโ™ก

โ™ก๐—”๐—ป ๐—œ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ โฅ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ฌ๐™คโ™ก

133 3 55
By SoulaMay

•❥៚┈┈┈🧸┈┈┈៚❥•
𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 - 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐥; 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧.
𝐈𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨, 𝐮𝐦, 𝐝𝐢𝐞. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞.
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐀
𝓢𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓪𝓜𝓪𝔂
•❥៚┈┈┈🧸┈┈┈៚❥•

That night had been one of the most sleepless nights you'd ever had to suffer through - and the cause continued to elude you.

Janice had reckoned that the constant pressure of school and your afternoon studies might have been the cause of an unanticipated burnout, and that perhaps you needed a few days off to recuperate - but that wasn't something you wanted to believe.

It was something you couldn't afford to believe, not if you wished to keep up your academic record.

Despite having tossed and turned for the majority of the night, you had risen as usual for your early morning physics lecture.

Janice had already left for work by the time you'd gotten up to prepare for your day at the university, so you'd been left with your own thoughts for the majority of the morning.

Unfortunately, you'd ended up being a little too dazed, leaving you running a few minutes late to your class - something that had never happened before until it had.

It wasn't the best start to your day, but you couldn't waste your energy dwelling on your less than pleasant commencement - you had studies to focus on.

You were presently an hour into your physics class, and though your professor hadn't looked too pleased with your late arrival, everything else eventually appeared to fall back into place.

Brian had been there as well, since he was a volunteer at the university whenever he had time, but he was seated where the assistant teacher would have sat - his job being to offer help to the students that approached him with questions about the lesson. Whenever the professor was talking, however, he simply sat there and observed quietly, at times seeming bored, but only because he had been through such lessons before.

It wasn't a surprise to see Brian there, because his occasional presence was how you'd been introduced to him in the first place - and he was never short of students that were eager to have their questions answered, most of them being female students.

Your fellow female classmates were quite besotted with him, often trying to catch his eye whenever his gaze scanned the auditorium.

But, he had always been faithful to Lara, so much so, he never had eyes for anyone else.

However, none of that was important to you - all that mattered was being the student you were expected to be, only you were starting to lose grip of that goal.

"Miss (Y/LN), can you come up here and show the rest of the class the equation that you solved for last week's quiz," Professor Gheigher - your physics professor - requested, snapping you out of your thoughts.

You took in a sharp breath as you slowly returned to the present moment, understanding what and why Professor Gheigher had asked what he did.

In the previous week's quiz, you'd been the only student to have solved the core equation flawlessly, which you'd been able to achieve with the help of your constant studying and tutoring - focus, focus that you did not have at the current instance.

You were perturbed and distracted, mainly because of your lack of sleep from the night before - but there was no way you could have used that as an excuse, not in front of Professor Gheiger, at least.

If there was anyone at the university that expected the best from you, it was Professor Gheiger, and the last thing you wanted was for him to be disappointed with you.

So, even though you were barely alert, you cleared your throat and straightened your posture. In some way, it was a blessing that you were seated at the very front of the auditorium, because you didn't have to worry about any of the students looking back at you.

However, you could definitely feel their eyes burning into you from behind.

Professor Gheiger's eyes were still fixed on you as you tentatively rose from your seat.

Deciding that the best direction to move in was forward, you proceeded to walk up to him so that he could hand you the piece of chalk to use on the sizeable blackboard.

You forced a smile, but on the inside, you were a mess - a mess that even you could not understand.

It's alright, you can do this. You've done it before.

But once you were in front of the blackboard, you started to feel as though you couldn't breathe again. Beads of sweat started forming along your forehead as you raised your hand to start writing down the first half of the equation.

Your throat had suddenly gone dry, and your mind felt foggy, yet you pushed yourself to concentrate.

It's just one question.

Just then, a painfully vivid image flashed through your mind, making you freeze. It was a fleeting moment, but it was a horrific glimpse of a demonic clown - which had happened to be a fear of yours.

Even if you had thought demonic clowns weren't one of your fears, they certainly were now.

A gasp escaped your lips when you heard your name being whispered in your ear again, causing you to shut down.

You stood there, chalk still frozen in place against the blackboard's surface, your face pale with anxiousness.

It was as though you'd been rendered catatonic by an unanticipated wave of anxiety.

"Miss (Y/LN)?" Professor Gheiger questioned upon noticing your state of apparent catatonia.

At that, you managed to return to your senses - but you were still quite staggered by everything that you'd just experienced.

"Miss (Y/LN)!" your teacher raised his voice, making you drop your hand as you closed your eyes with embarrassment.

A few students snickered amongst themselves as you turned to look at the professor with a nervous gaze.

"Do you want to be a part of this class?" he inquired sternly, his eyes so piercing that it could have made anyone cry.

And it sort of did that with you.

"Because if you don't, the door is right there," he pointed to the nearest exit.

Brian hung his head, unable to witness you being reprimanded like that.

The guitarist had just risen to his feet to try and defend you attempted to respond to your teacher.

"I do want to be a part of this class, it's just that I can't...I can't focus today, I-"

"That is not an excuse!" Professor Gheiger cut you off.

"I didn't have much sleep last night!" you retorted, almost desperate - but not because you wished to be let off.

Instead, you were desperate to be heard, in some way - because you felt as though you might have been losing your mind, and you didn't want to feel that way anymore; you didn't want to internalize the confusion.

Perhaps I really am suffering from burnout.

"That is not my problem, Miss (Y/LN)," Professor Gheiger argued. "If you want to keep up being the commendable student that you are, you're going to have to do whatever it takes - and if your performance is anything less than that, there is no place for you in my auditorium," he stated formidably before dismissing you with his gaze.

That did your emotions in, but there was no way you were going to let them see you cry.

Holding back your tears, you hastily marched over to grab your things from your seat before rushing out of the theater, keeping your head down as the tears welled up in your eyes.

The students that had previously snickered had grown sullen, not having expected Professor Gheiger to have been so cruel.

You hurried out of the lecture auditorium, and the minute you stepped outside, you began to break down - tears and all.

Brian had followed you out, a deeply sympathetic look on his face as he spotted you.

"(Y/N)," he called, pacing over to you as you covered your face. "Hey, come here," he breathed, instinctively reaching out to pull you against him.

With all the unknown frustration that had built up inside of you, all you could do was allow yourself to cry into his chest, finding a bit of comfort in the way he gently rubbed your back.

"I don't know what's happening to me, Brian!" you sobbed, completely aggravated. "I can't seem to do anything right today!"

"Hey, hey, just breathe, alright?" he whispered in a soothing manner, holding you steady. "You need to relax - I don't think you can handle the rest of your classes today,"

"Nonono, I can't miss them! I can't-"

"(Y/N), stop," he spoke, a tad bit more firmly. "You're only going to stress yourself out further if you continue to push yourself like this," he pulled away from you slightly, just so that he could look at you. "Missing today's classes won't hurt, because your attendance isn't taken for the general lectures, right?"

A shaky sigh escaped your lips as you blinked away the tears that still blurred your vision.

He was right - attendance was never significant for the general lectures, it was only ever relevant when it came to your tutorial lectures, which were the important ones.

"Listen, I'll take you back to your apartment - I think you should get some rest, proper rest," he rubbed your upper arms encouragingly. "It's what you need,"

"I just...I-" you cut yourself off, not having anything more reasonable to argue with.

Perhaps he was right too - you needed rest.

"You're...right," you nodded, letting out an anguished sigh.

Though you hadn't said it, you were very grateful for the fact that Brian was so willing to help you. It was nice gesture of his, to have offered to escort you back to your apartment, which wasn't too far from the university.

But all you could feel was confusion.

What was happening to you?

Everything had just taken a downward spiral for you in a matter of hours.

You could only hope that that was as bad as it got.

That it wasn't too serious, and that with a bit of rest, you'd be back to normal again.

You could only hope.

·•✰⊱┈┈┈ ·♥· ┈┈┈⊰✰•·

"Slowly," Brian coerced as he helped you enter the quiet apartment.

Janice was still at work, naturally, so you were more or less alone, aside from Brian's presence, of course.

You didn't really need Brian to have been as attentive as he was, but you were extremely appreciative, and you would have been lying if you'd said that you didn't find his closeness to be comforting.

Feeling rather exhausted from how persistently your thoughts troubled you, you released a tired sigh as you walked over to the sofa, collapsing onto it with a gloomy expression.

There was no doubt about the fact that you felt horrible.

"I'll just...get you a glass of water before I leave," Brian smiled tentatively. "I don't feel too comfortable just leaving you like that,"

Another earnest smile graced your lips as you looked at him. You couldn't turn down the offer he'd made, even though you would have preferred not to have inconvenienced him.

Your throat was dry, and your mouth felt rather parched as well - so you were quite enticed by the prospect of being brought a glass of water.

"I'm sorry if I'm holding you back from your schedule," you winced, shifting your gaze back to your hands in your lap. "I can't understand why this happened to me," you huffed.

Brian chuckled as he courteously moved about the kitchen to fetch you that glass of water.

"You're not holding me back at all - I offered to accompany you here, remember?" he spoke. "And for a good reason - so that you can rest. Stop thinking about all of this - the more you think about it, the more disoriented you'll find yourself,"

With a sigh of defeat, you leaned back against the sofa. Once again, Brian was right - your mind was far from conventionally functional at that point, so overthinking was only going to be detrimental.

After a couple of moments, Brian made his way over to you with the glass of water in his hand.

You shifted forward once more so that you could take the glass.

"Drink that and then rest," he reminded, flashing you that warm, friendly smile. "You'll be fine,"

"Thank you," you expressed with a genuine tone. "It means a lot to me,"

"Don't mention it," he replied whilst stepping back, in preparation to leave. "I'm always here to help if you ever need me,"

For a quiet moment, the two of you just stared at each other, your locked gazes indecipherable.

Everything remained utterly silent for a brief second until Brian broke the quietness, taking his leave.

"Right, I should get going," he nodded, backing toward the doorway already.

Not wanting to take up his time any longer, you nodded as well, giving him a smile that reassured him you would be perfectly fine on your own.

The pair of you shared one last moment before he walked out.

With a bit of a lingering smile, you brought the glass of water up to your lips, downing most of the liquid before releasing a breath of short-lived relief.

You repositioned yourself to place the cup down on the small coffee table in front of you.

However, you had only just done that when you heard your name being whispered again.

A gasp escaped your lips at the sound of the radio being turned on in the kitchen, making you snap your head in that direction.

No one was there.

Right when you'd been the most vulnerable, having been startled only seconds prior, a clown popped up from behind the kitchen counter - and it would have been a hilarious experience if the clown hadn't looked demonic.

"(𝖸/𝖭)," it sang your name in a horrifying, distorted voice.

In an uninterruptible state of shock, you automatically lifted your feet off of the ground, pulling further into the sofa as the clown began to make its way toward you with a terrifying giggle.

Tears formed in your eyes as you begged yourself to break out of your trance of terror, so that perhaps you could run or scream - anything.

But you couldn't.

You continued shifting back along the length of the sofa, breathing heavily as the evil figure inched closer to you.

"(𝗬/𝗡), 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗲?" it continued. "𝗜'𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝗿, 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿?"

At the last few words, the clown had somehow managed to teleport to stand in front of your face, putting its stomach-churning grin on display.

Immediately, you closed your eyes and let out a shriek of terror, instinctively kicking at it in the hopes that you could fend it off.

The only problem was that it wasn't there - it wasn't real.

A couple of seconds after you'd screamed, Brian had rushed back to burst into the apartment, having heard your cries.

"(Y/N)!" he exclaimed, hurrying over to you with worried eyes.

You were shaking at that point, more or less inconsolable. At first, when Brian's hands gripped you, you resisted, not realizing it was him - but that quickly changed when he managed to enlighten you to the fact that he was indeed there.

"(Y/N), relax, it's me," he spoke in a breathy, frantic voice. "It's me, Brian,"

Your breathing calmed down a little, but your eyes were still wide with terror.

"(Y/N), it's me," he repeated, just for good measure.

With your body still trembling, you focused on him for a few seconds. "T-There's a clown...he's...he's here, you need to-" you didn't even have the strength to complete your sentence as your eyes darted around the room anxiously.

There was nothing. No one was in the apartment except for you and Brian.

"There's no one here, just you and me," he reassured you, the concern evident in his gaze.

It took you a moment to register that Brian's words were true, making you unravel all over again - because just like his words were true, your vision of the demonic clown had been as real as it got, you knew it.

You'd witnessed it for yourself.

Brian carefully settled down on the sofa, pulling you into him as you broke down again, fear and confusion taking over your senses.

"It's okay," he whispered in a comforting manner, holding you close against him - a deep frown etched on his face as he rubbed your back gently. "Listen, I'll stay here with you until Janice gets home, yeah?" he sighed, cradling your shaken form against his chest.

And though you knew nothing of it, Brian began to feel torn as he sat there, holding you close.

He could no longer understand why he was doing what he had agreed to do.

Have I also lost my mind?

·•✰⊱┈┈┈ ·♥· ┈┈┈⊰✰•·

Brian had ended up staying with you until the evening, which was when Janice got back from work, and it went without saying that she was shocked to have heard about the things you'd experienced that morning.

Janice's bewilderment had brought you a mild sense of comfort, for it reassured you that you weren't the only one that felt as though the whole situation was inconceivable.

She was obviously deeply worried about you, for it was the first time you had ever missed so many classes in a day - which said a lot about how insane your circumstances were.

It was as though everything had taken a sudden downturn.

Because everything had taken a sudden downturn.

"Here," Brian let out a breath as he handed you the cup of tea that he had prepared for you.

It was nearly eight in the evening, and though Janice was already back home, Brian couldn't bring himself to leave just yet - but neither you nor Janice was complaining.

Given how dark the situation had suddenly become, it was nice to have added support.

Right?

"Thanks," you let out a breath of your own as you reached out to take the cup.

You were still quite shaken up from the trauma that had hit you, earlier, so you weren't saying too much.

Janice, on the other hand, was livid at no one in particular - but only because she was so worried about you.

"I just can't believe it!" she scoffed, shaking her head as Brian quietly pulled a chair to sit in front of you, his eyes watchful. "One moment she's perfectly fine, and the next she's on the verge of a mental breakdown!"

You remained silent, taking a sip of the warm tea that Brian had just prepared for you. The consistency and taste was divine, easing your anxiousness further.

The warmth was something you welcomed openly.

"Whatever it is...I know it isn't burnout," you mumbled after pulling the mug away from your lips. "It's...it's different,"

"Too damn right you are, sis," Janice responded, running her fingers through her hair. "At this point, I feel like someone's cast an evil eye on you, and that this is the work of some black magic,"

You broke into a bemused giggle, making Janice look at you with a serious stare.

"I'm serious - my aunt used to be a part of all that supernatural stuff, and I've seen people experience what you're currently experiencing - all because someone in their lives was jealous," she raised her eyebrows. "Visions, distractions - everything that can break a person's will down - the only problem is that there isn't anyone near you that would be the outlet to bring the harm to you. You're protected by every single person around you, we all have good intentions - I can't understand how this could happen anyway!"

Your bemused laugh swiftly faded into a faint smile of realization at the fact that Janice was serious about what she spoke of, scaring you a little.

Intriguing and convincing you too.

"If...if I am under the dark spell of an evil eye...how would someone have got me into its clutches?" you began tentatively, paying more attention to Janice's demeanour.

Before Janice could say anything, Brian scoffed out a laugh, raising his eyebrows in amusement.

"The two of you don't actually believe in that stuff, right?" he questioned, as if he found the mere suggestion to be utterly absurd.

You turned to look at Brian, your stare displaying how plausible Janice's theory had sounded to you.

"Dark magic exists, Brian - whether you believe it or not," Janice shrugged.

"Yeah, that's a very logical statement," Brian remarked, his words overflowing with sarcasm.

Being the hotheaded person Janice was, she quickly became fired up at Brian's undeniable cynicism.

"Just because it isn't logical to you, doesn't mean it can't apply to the rest of us," she narrowed her eyes, straightening her posture.

Brian's eyes narrowed as well as he moved to stare at her. "It isn't only illogical to me, it's illogical in general! What educated person talks about dark magic being a possible cause for physical, tangible medical symptoms? None!" he shot back. "Perhaps that's why (Y/N)'s in school, and you're not,"

You gasped, utterly exasperated by how speedily everything had fallen apart.

Janice snorted, rolling her eyes. "As if that would hurt me. I don't give a shit - I'd rather be an uneducated person with an open mind than to be like you," she spat. "Educated, but with the mental openness of a bead! Yeah, because only a truly smart man would sit there and insult a lady for not being in school - as if that determines my intelligence,"

"I never made any reference to your intelligence - I only stated that you're uneducated, which is true!" he laughed. "And truly, only an uneducated person would talk of the nonsense that you've just spoken of!"

"You know what? I've changed my mind about you - you're not a person that I want my best friend to be close to," she snarled.

"I'm the only good thing she's got, because at least I'm not willing to scare her the way you are!" Brian retorted. "That's all you're doing when you talk about this dark magic foolishness! You're scaring her - and she's been frightened enough already," his jaw tightened.

Janice burst into snarky laughter as she shook her head in disbelief. "Why do you seem so scared of the fact that it could be dark magic at work? Oh is that it - you're scared?"

"No, I'm just not stupid," he hit back.

"You-"

"Guys, stop," you finally managed to speak up, glancing at the both of them with the aftermath of your shock still evident in your somewhat glossy gaze. "Please, don't...don't fight because of me," you bit your lip, eventually shifting your eyes down to the mug you were holding. "I think I should...see a doctor tomorrow - just to figure out what's really going on,"

In your mind, it was the best way to put everything to rest. If something was troubling you mentally, perhaps a medical professional would be able to identify how to revert your state of mind to its original form of homeostasis - sanity.

Janice sighed, reaching out to place her hand on your shoulder. "Are you sure?" she asked, quickly forgetting the exchange she'd been having with Brian.

It was clear that she loved you dearly, and that she wanted you to be alright.

"Yeah," you whispered. "It's the most reasonable course of action,"

"Then I'll speak to the professors, and see if they can give you a bit of time off," she offered.

"I'll do it," Brian intervened. "It'll have more weight coming from me,"

As conceited as that might have sounded, it was the truth. Brian was a former physics student - a gifted one too - at the university, everything he said to the academic professionals carried significance.

Janice rolled her eyes, but she didn't dare argue, for she was aware of Brian's credibility.

"I'll also take you wherever you need to go, tomorrow," Brian continued.

"Wow, what a gentleman," Janice remarked sarcastically. "I could easily do that for her,"

"Except you'd have to take a day off from work, right?" Brian raised his eyebrows at her. "Come on, you've already flopped the academic aspect, do you really want to disappoint yourself professionally as well?" he flashed her a sour smile.

"Just f****** take care of her tomorrow, alright?" she dismissed, heaving out a sigh as she rose to her feet. "Listen, I need to go and have my shower now - I still have a graveyard shift to be at," she bit her lip apologetically as she stared at you.

That was the only reason she'd given up on quarrelling with Brian.

At that, you felt your heart sink - you did not want to be alone again.

Especially not after what had happened.

"(Y/N), I really don't know if my boss will let me off for tonight," Janice grimaced, sensing your panic. "I could call my aunt and-"

"I'll stay here with her," Brian interjected again.

Your eyes shot up to him, rather surprised. You didn't want to be alone, but you also didn't want to inconvenience him.

"I'm not leaving you alone, (Y/N)," he reassured you with a friendly smile, leaning forward so that he was a bit closer to you. "I'll be right here with you,"

But if only you had known of the guilt that resided behind that friendly smile.

•᯽⊱─────•🧸•─────⊰᯽•
𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:
───────────
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐚, 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝/𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞😭
𝐀𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡, 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨😔
𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫.
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐎 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞!
𝐃𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞!
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡?
𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐎 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇!

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐀
♥𝓢𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓪𝓜𝓪𝔂♥

•᯽⊱─────•🧸•─────⊰᯽•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 73 7
Brian May x Reader (Female) - This is a love story about you and Brian May. To find out more you shall give it a read. You'll probably think the firs...
418K 12.1K 184
๐๐”๐๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐„๐ƒ ๐Ž๐: โŠฐโ€ขโฅ ๐Ÿ‘๐‘๐ƒ ๐’๐„๐๐“๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐‘ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ• โžฝโ”€๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„๐ƒโ”€โฅ ๐ŸคA humble collection of ideas and scenarios that I conjure up...
2.8K 127 14
๐๐”๐๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐„๐ƒ ๐Ž๐: โ€ขโฅ๐‰๐€๐๐”๐€๐‘๐˜ ๐Ÿ’๐“๐‡, ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข ๐Ÿ’•๐‘ด๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ๐‘จ๐‘ฌ๐‘ณร—๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘จ๐‘ซ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐Ÿ’• ...
1.6K 43 12
๐Ÿ’•๐‘ฉ๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘จ๐‘ตร—๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘จ๐‘ซ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐Ÿ’• ๐€ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฆ๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ. ๐ˆ ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ž๐ง๐ฃ๐จ...