saviour

By AnjaKay

"You're losing yourself." "Let's get you on a diet, you don't look like yourself anymore" Those words were re... More

Chapter 2

Chapter 1

50 2 3
By AnjaKay

You just gave birth six months ago to your beautiful baby girl, Jana. 

She was the most precious thing in the world. You wished for her to stay the same size forever. The way she oozed on your chest whenever she finished her bottle, her little hiccups whenever you couldn't burp her fast enough. She was your world. You wanted to protect her from everything.

From every nasty thing in the world. 

"Hey Leon can you wash those dishes for me, please. I'm not feeling good, my stomach hurts so bad!" You exclaimed to your husband.

The two of you met a while after your parents passed. The darkest point in your life. He was everything. He called you beautiful daily and reminded you of how you were his world. Showed you the world. Took you in after hearing what happened to your parents and his family treated you as their own. You were living the perfect life; you even got married to him 2 years after meeting him. Nothing could go wrong. Ever.

"You need to get up, You're losing yourself. You had Jana six months ago and haven't even dropped the baby weight yet. I'll wash the dishes but you need to get it together Y/N" Leon responded.

It isn't your first time hearing this. You just brushed it off. As always. It's hard being a mother and only a mother could understand that. The only bad part about it is that you wish you had your mother to guide you through this all. 

You're just learning to be a mother, without your mother. Leon's parents help out from time to time, but it isn't the same connection as your own parents. You miss their laughs, their jokes. Whenever you had a bad day at school, they'd help you out and were always the shoulder to cry on. You had no one else, no siblings, and not that many friends. It never troubled you growing up as you always had your parents by your side. 

"Whatever. Have you met the new neighbour yet? I'll miss Mama though. She was my best friend" you said.

Mama was short for Mauve. Your neighbor. She lived in the house next to you, and she was always there for both You and Leon. As the years went on, her Alzheimer's had gotten worse. Her children forced her to move in with them and sold her house. 

You and Mama's relationship was close to the point where if Jana wasn't born you would've taken care of the old woman instead. But, Jana is so young and Leon's constantly at work providing for the two of you. Taking care of two people on your own with two different needs would be difficult.

"Yeah I hear a young guy is moving in though, It's kinda weird because it looks like he has no children or even a wife or husband" Leon responded finishing the dishes while you sat on the couch breastfeeding your newborn.

"Oh really? How'd you even find that out? They haven't even moved in yet" You questioned

"I have connections remember, He's moving in tomorrow. His name is Aaron I believe!" Leon exclaimed.

"Huh. Well, I'll make something nice for him and introduce myself." You said

"Now why would you do that" Leon shut off the tap and turned towards you with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You jealous? I wanna introduce myself since we're literally connected by these thin ass walls. Get over yourself Leon" you joked.

"You have a point, Once I'm done work I'll greet myself. I can't have any bad blood with the man. He might be a soccer fan as well. Gotta have a soccer buddy" he said, before kissing your forehead.

You smiled. You loved it when he did that.

"Yeah, so I'll finally get some peace in this house." You laughed.
You both lived in semi-detached. A fairly nice neighborhood, the both of you fought over picking out. You wanted an apartment because houses scared you. Multiple entry points for Bulgars or even murders. You're an absolute crime lover. 

Bringing you out of your daze, your phone rang. "Ms. Schmidt" 

"Leon your mother's calling." You showed him. 

"Hello?" You answered.

"Hey Darling, I cooked your favourite Apple Pie. Come over before John eats it all" The old woman said and hung up right away, giving you no time to decline.

She knew Apple Pie was your favourite, so obviously you wouldn't say no. 

"What'd she say?" Leon questioned.

"Just get ready" you answered.

You are dressed in sweats. Nothing fancy as you're just heading over to your old house. They've seen you at your worst, Leon's siblings included. It's not fun sharing a bathroom with 6 people. 

-
You opened the door with Jana's car seat in your hands with Leon behind you. The smell of pie flooded your nostrils. You were in heaven. 

"Oh, there's my grandbaby! Mama hasn't seen you since yesterday. I could barely sleep knowing you didn't sleep over" Leon's mother smiled, picking Jana up from her car seat.

Leon's mother was always an angel to you. The short-haired woman with a shaky weak laugh who never cared what others perceived of her. Her days were coming to an end, slowly but surely. Jana was her first grandchild and made it clear she was her favourite. She even treats her better than how she treats Leon and his other siblings.

"You're back again. I saw you last night loser." Leon's younger brother Max punched him.

"I swear your mom makes foods we like just to get Jana again" You laughed.

Max, Theo and Evangeline were Leon's younger siblings. Evangeline is 22, Max is 20, and Theo is 18.

"Y/N you're back, I swear I should just move in with you. You left me here with these morons." Evangeline hugged you. She was like your best friend, just a year younger than you, so you both were stuck together like glue.

"I wanna go home quickly because I'm leaking and I didn't carry pumps with me." You said. Your breasts were swelling up already.

"Why didn't you pick me over that dickhead Leon. We practically look alike." Lina joked. 

You laughed. You gave Evangeline a nickname, Lina for short. She made these jokes pretty often, sometimes you question if these are even jokes.

-

After a long night at Leon's place. You both drove home. An unfamiliar car catches your attention as they pull up in the driveway next to yours. 

"Oh shit, this is the guy you were talking about" You whispered.

"Why are you whispering it's not like he can hear you we're still in the car" Leon laughed.

A little embarrassed, you got out of the car and walked over the grass to introduce yourself. The man got out of the car and your smile dropped.

He was beautiful.

Before he could notice you staring, you let out your hand. "Hi my name is Y/N, I'm your neighbour." 

"Hello Darling," he said, shaking your hand.

You almost melted. 

You're married dickhead. You thought to yourself

"That's my husband Leon, he's holding our daughter Jana. It's nice to meet you" You looked over your shoulder pointing at them, attempting to hide your smile.

You had butterflies. But why? No one gave you butterflies other than Leon. You felt like a kid, a little girl talking to their crush in the seventh grade.

"Hey man" he waved at your husband

"Hey" Leon waved back. His demeanor changed.

You walked back to your side of the house and took Jana inside. Preparing for whatever foolishness Leon had to say.

"Why were you blushing like a little kid over there." He asked. 

You knew he was pissed off. You tried to hide it. Was it that noticeable? Your cheeks don't even turn red. So How?

"I wasn't, I was nervous." You lied.

"Yeah sure. Now you don't have to go over there tomorrow. You've already met him. I don't wanna hear you talk about him, again." He said sternly walking into your bedroom.

He's always been overprotective. Especially since you both moved out of his parents' house two years ago. It was never concerning until now.

Over the years you've learned to brush off comments anyone has said. You've learned that people mirror the way they treat themselves. You're a steel iron. Nothing can break you. 

Before you could throw a response at Leon. Your doorbell rang.

You run up to go open it, somehow Leon makes his way before you shoving you aside. 

It was him again.

"Hey, I'm new to this whole neighbour thing. Can I have your guys' numbers? I leave home often and I always have my pets by themselves." He said, looking between You and Leon.

"Yeah sure thi-" You said before Leon rudely cut you off.

"Why don't you look into hiring a pet sitter? They're really cheap in this area. These teenagers are desperate for money." Leon joked 

"I am not leaving my pets with irresponsible kids who would throw a party in my house for all I know." The man said rudely, not laughing at his joke at all.

"It's Eren by the way." He added 

"A-a-r" Leon tried to spell out while adding a contact to his phone.

"Wrong. It's Eren. E-R-E-N" "Learn how to spell for Christ's sake." Eren said annoyed

"He's American," I said. "They spell Eren like that in America" I giggled.

Eren's POV
This man is foolish and rude. Eren hoped the kid didn't turn out like Leon. He thought it'd be better if Jana took her mother's looks and brains. It'll be unfortunate to look good looks yet be ignorant. 

"Wanna come in for a beer?" Leon asked.

"I don't drink." Eren stated.

This dude is a phony. Looks like a nice guy but is a rude unintelligent douchebag who managed to wife her. Maybe looks don't matter after all.

"I'm going to go now. Bye." Eren walked off. He noticed something was off. Very off.

Originally he wanted Y/N to open the door so he could get her number. He'd never intervene in relationships because he knew what pain that brought. But Y/N seemed different. Her energy was on a different level.

Her husband, Leon Schmidt. He was born in America, and moved to Germany. Eren doesn't know much about the man, let alone his age. He just remembers the facts that Y/N overshared. Yet, but for the sake of it, He wanted to befriend them. He thought it was awkward to share something with somebody and never talk to them. 

His last thought reminded him of Mikasa. He misses her. He lost her. 

Eren placed some heavy artwork in the rooms. Preparing for the big move tomorrow afternoon. The size of the house is unneeded for one person. He looks at it as an investment. Paid off his hard work. 

3 Bedrooms for 1 guy is crazy for sure. 

Looking back at life. He hopes my parents are proud, especially his mother. She's the world. He would give her anything if she was still with him today. He was a mama's boy. Everyone knew that.

Placing her favourite flowers on her grave was what kept him going. Visiting once a month, updating her on his life, and cleaning her headstone. After many failed suicide attempts, Eren decided Heaven didn't want him. It wasn't his turn yet.

They have the same smile. He thought to himself.

That's what drew him to her. The same soft bright smile that could light up the room.
Eren looked around the house, one last time. He Imaging the furniture for each corner. Where he would host parties, watch movies, and sit around thinking about life. That's when he decided to call her. 

Mikasa.

"Eren" she answered 

"You busy? I miss you. I want to share my side of the story. Please." Eren begged. Surprised enough, she even answered the phone.

After Mikasa and him ended things off, Eren decided it was best to get therapy. He put her through so much, hurting himself and also hurting her. Feeling like a monster. All Mikasa did was love him at my worst, was always there through the toughest days. He can't bear hurting her again, let alone anyone else.

The memory is a constant loop in his head—a failed suicide attempt.

"Eren you need to stop crying, get up," Mikasa yelled.

Eren heard nothing, it was all a big blur. He zoned out, he couldn't handle it anymore. All the pain, the suffering. He couldn't do it. Nothing was keeping him alive.

"I am way too sober for this" Eren said, chugging down a bottle. He threw the glass at the wall, smashing it. "Do you care about me, Mikasa? Tell me. Do you? Do you still love me after this? I have no one." Eren cried 

"You just deserve so much better than me. I never wanted to turn out like this." He added.
"Eren, calm down. I'm here and I always will be." She said.

Mikasa pulled him into a tight hug. Those words comforted him. It was like the biggest promise in the world. She would never break it. She loved Eren too much and Eren loved her. 

Eren was at rock bottom. She knew that.

Eren snapped back intro reality. Mikasa's response through him off guard. 

"Why did you come back? Go away" Mikasa replied hanging up. 

Erens heart dropped. Pure flashbacks ran back inside his head. It was nonstop. His night terrors were the worst of them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.6K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
292K 27.3K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
589K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
341K 16.5K 77
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...