Off-worlder

By JD_rules02

A grey jedi crash lands on a planet after a failed hyper space jump after trying to flee from space pirates t... More

Bio
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Padawans, Lightsabers and Colors
Chapter 6

Chapter 5

150 8 1
By JD_rules02

Italics = Whispering

*(Y/N) POV*

After last nights meditation lesson, we all went back to our dorm rooms and slept so we could be ready for the next day. And so that next morning, I was awoken by something very unexpected from the dorm next door.

Ruby: *WHISTLE!* Gooood morning team RWBY!

I was so startled that I fell out of my bed and onto my back as I hit the wood floor very hard.

Me: *Groans!* Whelp! I'm up.

I get up and start to get ready for the day. I go to the restroom to brush my teeth and shower. Once I came out, I was wearing my Beacon uniform and decided to have a light breakfast. Once I was finished, I grabbed my sabers but started to decide if I should bring them or not. After thinking a little bit, I decided to not bring them and placed them back on my desk. I open my door and close it behind as I leave my room. I started walking down the hallway towards my way to my first class which was Professor Port. As I was walking, I heard what sounded like Ruby talking to her team about.... bunk beds? I'm not even gonna question their reasoning about that choice. As I continue my walk to my class, I look around and study the architecture of the school as it looks somewhat similar to the Jedi Temple back on Coruscant as it brought back the many memories I had when I was there. They were bitter sweet memories.

???: Master (L/N)!

I turn around to see team walking up to me. Well Velvet was actually running straight at me with a bright smile on her face.

Velvet: How are you this morning?

Me: I am well. How are you?

Yatsu: (bows in respect) We are well Master.

Me: Shh! When we are in school, please call me (Y/N). We don't want the other students to think of something suspicious between us. Do we?

They zip their lips shut and act as if they threw away the key to the lock.

Me: Good! Now, head off towards your class. And remember to grab the others and meet me at the hangar after school so we can head towards our training grounds.

Coco: If you don't me asking, where is the training grounds?

Me: You'll find out later. Now hurry along. I don't you want you to be late.

CFVY: Understood.

They then head off towards their class the other direction and as they walk around the corner and were out of sight, I continued my walk. I saw that I had about 15 minutes before class so I head out to the courtyard to enjoy the morning sun. I then noticed Ozpin and Goodwitch walking and so I approached them.

*Third POV*

Ozpin: Ah! Master (L/N), how are you this fine morning?

(Y/N): I am well Headmaster. (turns to Glynda and bows) It's nice to see you again Professor Goodwitch. (lifts head and smiles) I look forward to your lesson later today.

Glynda: (with a slight blush) O-oh! W-well I'm uh.... glad to h-hear that! 'Good Oum he looks so cute!'

(Ooooooooooo! Things maybe getting a little spicy up in here!)

(Y/N): Ms. Goodwitch? Are you alright?

Glynda: I-I uh.... y-yes I'm perfectly f-f-fine!

(Y/N) looks at her with a questionable look as Glynda tries to avoid eye contact with him. Ozpin smiles knowing what is going on with Glynda and decides to have a little fun.

Ozpin: Master (L/N), I have a question?

(Y/N): Yes Headmaster?

Ozpin: Have you ever had romantic relationships before? I've been curious on what the normal life for a Jedi is like.

(Y/N): Well, to be honest sir, I've never had any relationship other than the master and padawan kind with my master. You see, back when I was in the Jedi Order, romantic relationships were banned. We were warrior monks, so we believed that personal attachment to another person was a distraction. And if we did, and something terrible happened to said person, then that Jedi would head down the path of the dark side.

Ozpin: I see. But you claimed you were no longer a Jedi, so this rule doesn't relate to you anymore.

(Y/N): I suppose. But for two years I've been on the run from the Empire so I had no chance to settle down and find a family. And when that Sith Acolyte showed up last time, I believe settling down might be much harder. But I can always try to take it easy. I just don't know where to start.

Ozpin: Well how about this weekend, you and Glynda, explore the town and do nothing but have a grand time with each other and have fun.

Glynda: HAH?!

(Y/N): Hmm........ that's sounds like a great idea. I decided to make Saturday's my off day from teaching my Padawans since they might need a break from the harsh training.

Ozpin: Wonderful!

As they continued to walk through the court yard, they heard the sound of multiple footsteps and look to their left and saw teams RWBY and JNPR running.

(Y/N): Why are they running?

Ozpin: I believe they're heading to their first class.

(Y/N): Oh......... wait. What time is it?

Ozpin: I believe you have about two minutes before class starts.

(Y/N): Karabast! Well I'll be going now! Bye!

(Y/N) then speeds off after the others. As soon as he was out of sight, Glynda walked up to Ozpin with a huge blush on her face.

Glynda: Headmaster, I know I am not one to loose my demeanor and lash out. But..................................... WHAT IN THE NAME OF OUM DID YOU JUST DO!?

Ozpin: My dear Glynda, whatever do you mean?~

Glynda: I mean, what are you doing setting me up a d-d-d-d-date with a student?!

Ozpin: Glynda, I've seen how you've been looking at him ever since yesterday. Plus, it's not the first time I've seen teacher and student relationships. Plus he seems very mature for his age so I think you'll both have fun. In more ways than one probably.~

Glynda: ......... Pervert.

*Time-skip*

(Y/N) was now sitting in his class breathing hard along with teams RWBY and JNPR after just arriving by the skin hanging off of their heads and not getting in trouble. During Professor Ports.... "lecture".... (Y/N) was slowly sub-coming to sleep from boredom.

*(Y/N) POV*

As I slowly let sleep take over my body and mind, I start to dream. But there was something different about this dream. I saw death and destruction as I stand there in the middle of a city square. Buildings were on fire, I saw blood and dead bodies all around me and I heard screams and roars all around me. The next thing I saw was what looked like an army of storm troopers marching up the street and their leader looked like a dark knight and had a red bladed lightsaber in his hand as they kept marching up the street. I couldn't move as I was then instantly placed in another location. It looked like a Imperial prison and I looked around to find a way out. I even looked at myself as I was wearing Imperial clothing. As I walked through a door into a another hallway, I could hear screams of terror and agony on the other side of the door at the end and as I stand in front of the blast door and slowly reached for the control panel, I heard something that sent fear straight to my mind.

Ruby: SOMEONE! HELP US! PLEASE!!!

I quickly opened the door to find my padawans in torture devices in separate individual rooms and were being shocked and tortured in order to break their will.

Me: My young ones!

I run up to the closest one, which was Nora, and tried to lower the ray shield but I couldn't. I then look at Nora with fear at the sight of her being tortured.

Me: Nora! Please, tell me who did this to you and the others!

Nora: It.... was.... you.

Me: What? What do you mean?

I then hear Fox weakly speak while trying to keep his head up with a hateful glare at me.

Fox: You did this to us. You sold us out for your own protection.

Before I could say anything, the security blast doors close the rooms off and I couldn't try to save them. I am then held in the air by my neck, chocking for air. I am forced to turn around to face the man responsible. Which was the man dressed in all black armor.

Me: W-who are y-y-you?!

???: I. Am. Death.

And then I hear more screaming from my students as I become even more angered at this man for bringing harm to my Padawans.

Me: You.... will.... pay!

???: Oh? Who will stop me?

Me: I-I-I-

???: What was that?

Me: I will!

But what I didn't realize, was that I woke up and stood up from my seat and yelled that out. Everyone was looking at me, especially my Padawans. I'm pretty sure they felt the anger that was coming from me.

Port: Ah Mr. (L/N)! So you wish to prove yourself the same as Miss Schnee?

Me: I uh.... sure.

As Weiss leaves the classroom, Yang leans next to me so that we can talk quietly.

Yang: Master....?

Me: Yes Yang?

Yang: Are you alright, you just randomly shouted and I sensed.... anger within you. What happened?

Me: *SIGH* I had a nightmare.

Yang: Do you wanna talk abo- Master your eye is yellow!

Yang hands me a mirror and I look at myself and notice that I've been letting the anger get to me so my left eye had turned into the yellow Sith color. So I calm myself down and allow my eye to return to its natural color.

Me: Anyways, what did I agree to do?

Yang: Well Port asked the class if there were any of us that want to prove ourselves as huntresses. Weiss was the first to volunteer and then you blurted out saying you will. So after Weiss does her part, you're next.

Me: Hmm..... alright then. It will also show me her fighting style. I plan on sparring you all, so that I can find out which lightsaber form is right for each of you.

Yang: Wow! You are really smart Master!

Me: (blushes slightly) Calm yourself young Padawan.

As Weiss enters the classroom, I could sense a hint of anger and annoyance coming from her. She gets in her stance with her rapier and I hear her teammates cheering for her.

Yang: Go Weiss!

Blake: (waving a tiny RWBY flag) Fight well!

Ruby: Yeah, represent team RWBY!

Weiss: Ruby, I'm trying to focus!

Ruby: Oh, sorry.

I look at Ruby who has a defeated look and I start to piece together on what is going on with these two. As I watch her match, Ruby tries to give her tips on how to beat the grimm while Weiss was telling her to be quiet. That's when I realized what was going on. Weiss is jealous and upset that she wasn't the leader of team RWBY while Ruby was trying to hard to act as a leader and was wishing she could be a better leader by providing help but Weiss is preventing that.

Me: *Sigh* 'Children. I need to think of something to make them patch things up. But what to do?' Hmm?

Yang: Something wrong?

Me: I need to think of a way to make those two make up.

Yang: Um Master? I think you should let them figure this out themselves.

Me: Why?

Yang: Because even though your our teacher, we can't rely on you all the time to solve our problems. So please, just let them figure this out by themselves.

I smile at my Padawans wisdom and look back at Weiss fighting.

Yang: Well said Yang. Well said.

And once Weiss had finished off the grimm it was now my turn. So I headed over to the lockers and grabbed my robes and my sword. While I was adjusting my robes, I started to think about that nightmare. It just.... seemed so real and the fact that I was in locations that I've never been too like that town center, I've never been to it in my life and the fact that I saw storm troopers and that Sith lord gave me chills. But it angered me when I saw that my Padawans were being harmed and tortured. I then slammed my locker door and headed straight back to classroom with a scowl on my face.

*Ruby POV*

As Weiss comes back and sits down, I can tell she is angry about something but I don't know what.

Me: Hey uh Weiss?

Weiss *SIGH!* What is it Ruby?

Me: Um I'm uh.... sorry about-

But I was interrupted by a cold presence that was approaching the classroom.

Jaune: Hey, do you girls sense that too?

Blake: Yeah.

Yang: Does anyone else feel cold too?

I was about to respond until the door swung open to reveal Master (L/N) with a very angry scowl.

Me: I think it's coming from him.

Weiss: Really? What was your first guess?

Yang: Hey! Quiet down!

As we all quiet down, we patiently watch (Y/N) as he just stands there with that angered expression. The fact that it still felt cold was not helping our worry of why he was so angry. I felt so cold that I had to wrap my cape around me to keep myself warm.

Port: Are you ready Mr. (L/N)?

(Y/N): Let's just get it over with.

Port: Oh! Well uh.... well alright then I suppose!

Professor Port heads over to the cage with his weapon and looks back at (Y/N).

Port: And.....

(Y/N) then unsheathes his sword and stands with it at his side. I wonder why he isn't using his lightsabers or his blaster pistol. He can easily kill the grimm with either of those weapons. Guess he wants more of a challenge with his sword.

Port: Begin!

Port then smashes the lock and out comes two beowolfs and they look around and see the class but they look towards (Y/N) and I can tell they feel the negative emotions coming from him. They start to circle around him and he just stands there. This goes on for a bit until they both stop and one jumps towards him but it's attempt was short lived when it just froze in place. (Y/N) just stands there with his hand out as he uses the force to hold the beowolf up. As the other students watch in amazement, me and my friends watch in worry as (Y/N) just quickly decapitates the second one as it jumps after him. Once he was done with the second one, he sheathes his sword and turns to the first beowolf as he slowly closes his hand and the beowolf starts to choke as it claws at its throat trying to breath. Everyone watches in horror as we watch the grimm slowly being killed in such an inhumane way.

Port: Um Mr. (L/N)? I-I believe that's-

(Y/N): Quit squirming.

Professor Port stops talking and we all watch in suspense as (Y/N) keeps the grimm in the air choking it while it stops squirming. We all thought it died until we all it slowly breathing. And what happens next, completely shook the class.

(Y/N): It'll make your death harder for you.

*CRACK!*

The beowolf then falls to the ground lifeless and motionless. We all look at (Y/N) with fear as he just stands there with his back turned towards the class. He then looks at Port which causes him to look at (Y/N) with fear.

(Y/N): May I be excused Professor?

Port: Uh.... y-y-yes!

(Y/N) then storms out the classroom and as soon he was out the door, he slams it shut and we all look at each other with worry.

*(Y/N) POV*

As I walk out the class and turn around a corner, I continue walking while thinking of what happened. I then stop and while students pass by, I become even more angry at my behavior.

Me: God...... DAMNIT!

I then punch the wall as it caved in from the power of my punch. I turn around to see many of the other students looking at me with fear at what I am capable of. Just seeing their looks just angers me even more as I lash out at them.

Me: WHAT!?

They all then run away to their next class and once I saw that I was the only one, I place my back on the wall and slide down with a more calm look on my face as I silently sigh at my actions and put my face into the palms of my hands as I start to wonder. It was no dream, that was a vision of the possible future. This means I have to train my Padawans fast or else they won't survive. But they're teenagers with different lives, I can't just push them away from their normal lives. The only question I have is......... what do I tell them?

Me: Shit.

???: Master?

I look up to see my Padawans from teams RWBY and JNPR.

Jaune: Master.... are you alright?

I look back and forth between each of them and see their sad and worried expressions. I sigh and stand up as I walk past them and towards the window to look out of it.

Ren: Master, is something wrong?

I keep looking out the window into the blue sky as the birds fly by, thinking of what I need to say. I close my eyes and turn around slowly and look at my Padawans.

Me: I had a vision.

Weiss: Vision?

Me: A vision where all of you are captured by the Empire and.... tortured. It angered me. That's why I was acting that way. That's why I killed that grimm like a rabid dog. I'm angry that I might not protect you all. Just like I couldn't help my master.

I can see them giving me looks of sympathy. Even Ruby had tears in her eyes as I can sense guilt coming off her.

Me: Speak your mind Ruby. I will not judge.

Instead of speaking, she just rushes and hugs me as tight as she can. This of course shocks me because I don't know what to do in this situation.

Ruby: You're not the only one who's lost someone special. Me and Yang lost our mother a long time ago.

Ren: Me and Nora lost our families and village when we were children as well.

Yang: But through it all, we met new friends to help us as well as new teachers to teach us the way to not only protect us from danger.

Blake: But to also help those in need.

I slowly un-stiffen and put my arms around Ruby and return her hug. To be honest, this feeling of relief and trust from my students is comforting. I feel as though all my worries have washed away. I look down and see that Ruby still has her face buried in my chest, so I reassure her I'm fine by patting her head. She looks up at me and that's when I made my decision final on teaching them the ways of the force.

Me: Thank you. All of you. Even you team CFVY.

I turn my head and see them appear from around the corner. I see them give me soft smiles which makes me know, that they have my back as well.

Me: Now then, onto the current issue.

Ruby: (lets go and looks up) And what's that Master?

Time-skip

*Third POV*

We now see Ruby and Weiss standing on one hand while balancing on a rock while everyone else was meditating.

Ruby: Hngh! M-master?!

(Y/N): Hmm?

Weiss: How much longer?!

(Y/N): Five more minutes.

Ruby and Weiss: Uuuuuuggggghhhhhh!

(Y/N): This is your punishment for your fighting.

Ruby: But we've been at this for almost 30 minutes already!

(Y/N) doesn't acknowledge them as he keeps watching the others, making sure that none of them were sleeping. Especially Nora. Once (Y/N) was done having his sappy moment with his students and class was over, he took them out to ruins in the forest to start their training.

(Y/N): Just three more minutes.

As the girls resume their punishment, (Y/N) walks around and notices Yang dozing off. So he walks behind her and grabs a piece of her hair and yanks it out and she yelps in pain and looks back at (Y/N) with an angered expression.

Yang: What the hell did you do Master?!

(Y/N): I yanked out a piece of your hair because you were dozing off.

(Y/N) then notices that her eyes went red and her hair was on fire as she slowly stands up with a pissed of look.

(Y/N): What the-

He doesn't finish as he is punched in the face and goes flying into the rubble of the temple. Yang stands there as she is still pissed about what he did. The others looked shocked at what just happened and Velvet runs after (Y/N) to make sure he is still alive.

Velvet: Master!

Coco: Yang, what the hell?!

Yang comes out of her rage and looks stunned at what she just did.

Yang: Oh........ crap.

As the students head over to Velvet and their Master, (Y/N) lays there with swirly eyes as Velvet tries to wake him up from his daze.

Velvet: Master are you ok?!

(Y/N): Duh.... are you an angel?

Time-skip

(Y/N) stands there with an ice pack on his head as his students sit there on their knees waiting for his instructions.

(Y/N): Well.... at least I know what our next lesson is.

Jaune: And that is what exactly?

(Y/N): Controlling our emotions.

Yang looks down with a sorry look.

Yang: I'm sorry master.

(Y/N) walks to her and gets on one knee and puts his hands on her shoulders as she looks up to see him giving her a small smile.

(Y/N): It's alright Yang.

Yang smiles in hope. But was shortly lived.

(Y/N): But your still gonna get a punishment later. Understood?

Yang: But I- *Sigh* Yes Master.

(Y/N): Good. Now then....

He stands up with his hands behind his back and starts walking around his students.

(Y/N): As I said, today's lesson will be about controlling our emotions. So in order to do that, I have conducted a little test for you all. So follow me.

He motions them to follow him deeper into the forest and they do but hesitantly. As they walk through the forest, the students look around themselves to make sure no grimm come are following them since they don't have their weapons because (Y/N) had them keep their weapon on his ship.

Jaune: Um Master?

(Y/N): Yes Jaune?

Jaune: If you don't me asking, but....

Weiss: Why are we walking through the middle of a grimm infested forest without our weapons?!

Jaune: ...... Yeah that.

(Y/N): Well, this is the way we need to go.

Ruby: But where are the grimm?

And out of nowhere a beowolf came flying out of the forest in front of them but it had holes all over it. And out of nowhere, a robot the size of a beowolf came from the bushes and the students jump back in surprise.

(Y/N): Hello my friend. And thank you for taking care of the grimm. You may proceed.

The droid then quickly crawls away back into the forest. (Y/N) turns around and gets confused when his Padawans give him a confused and shocked look.

(Y/N): What?

Coco: What do you mean what?!

Fox: What in the name of Oum was that thing?!

(Y/N): It was one of my droids.

Blake: Droids?

(Y/N): Of course. I had them programmed to be perimeter guards whenever we are out here.

Ruby and Nora: SO COOL!

(Y/N) smiles at the two energetic girls as he turns around and motions them all to follow him. While walking, Velvet kept looking at (Y/N) with a questioning look.

(Y/N): It's not nice to stare at someone for so long Velvet.

Velvet: Eep!

(Y/N): What's on your mind?

Velvet: Um well I remember you telling us about you being a war against these "droids". Are those some of the ones you had faced when you were in the war?

(Y/N) : Yes they are.

Velvet: Then why do you have them if they were your enemy?

(Y/N) stays silent for a moment.

(Y/N): Because they were decommissioned when the war ended with the Purge.

Yang: Purge? Is this the order the clones were given to execute all Jedi.

(Y/N): Yes it was.

Ruby:.... Was it scary?

(Y/N):................... It was as if all hell had been unleashed. I was there on Coruscant when I saw the Jedi Temple on fire. When I went to investigate what was happening, all I saw was death. The Jedi that I once called my friends and family for years, were all dead or being killed by the soldiers we used to fight along side for years. It was as if I was in a living nightmare.

The students all looked worried and scarred as he told his story.

(Y/N): So to put plainly my dear Ruby.... it was absolutely terrifying.

Ruby: O-oh.

(Y/N) stops walking and so do his Padawans as they were confused at what they were looking at.

(Y/N): We're here.

Yatsu: A cave?

(Y/N): Not just a cave. It's a network. This is the entrance to an old dust mining site from a long time ago. And it is also where you will be doing your trial.

(Y/N) then enters the cave along with his Padawans following behind him. As they enter the cave the students sense the strong feeling the cave was giving off and they couldn't help but feel afraid.

Pyrrah: This feeling....

Jaune: Yeah. I felt it too.

Fox: It feels cold in here. And it's not even winter yet.

Nora and Ruby: SO COOL!

Weiss: Huh?

Ruby: We're in an old dust mine! I wonder if there's any left over dust?!

Nora: Maybe some lighting dust as well! If we can find any then we don't have to buy any more! We'll have our own private stash!

(Y/N): *Chuckles* Unfortunately this mine was cleared out a long time ago. Professor Ozpin told me.

Nora and Ruby: Awwwww man!

Blake: So the Headmaster knew about this mine?

(Y/N): Yes he did. When I scanned this forest and this popped up on my radar, I couldn't help but ask questions about it. Thankfully, the Headmaster gave me the full rundown and that I was free to use it as I see fit.

He then stops at what looks like three different tunnel paths. The students look confused at what they're suppose to do next.

Jaune: Sooooooo.... what now?

(Y/N) then gets on his knees and closes his eyes.

(Y/N): Now you guys split up and go down these tunnels.

Students: EEEEHHHH!?!?!

(Y/N): The best way to do this is for you to split up into groups of four and each group goes down a tunnel.

The Padawans stay quiet as they try to figure out what they are going to do next.

Ruby: Well uh....

Jaune: W-why don't we split up into our teams. My team will take the tunnel on the right.

Coco: My team will take the left then.

Ruby: Then that just leaves the middle tunnel for us.

As each team stands there at the very entrance to their tunnels, they face their master waiting for his instructions. (Y/N) opens his eyes and smiles.

(Y/N): Your test today is to enter these tunnels and face your fears.

Ruby: Fears?

(Y/N): Yes. I can sense that you are all afraid of something or someone. Maybe your parents...

Blake and Weiss stiffen.

(Y/N): Perhaps a grimm that destroyed your home.

Ren and Nora go wide eyed.

(Y/N): Anything really. But you must face them and control your fear and anger. Only then, will you be at peace with yourselves and when you all return, I'll know that you are ready for higher stages of training. Now go.

Students: Yes Master!

And with that, they enter their tunnels and slowly disappear into the darkness. Once they were fully gone, (Y/N) drops his smile.

*(Y/N) POV*

The thought of them going through this reminds me when I had to face my trial. It was not the faint of heart as I saw my master give me his fatherly smile and send me off into the icy caves on Hoth. The cold was unbearable, but it just wasn't from the ice and snow. It was the feeling of dread and fear that was consuming me. By the Force that planet sucks. I hate snow.

???: (Y/N)....

I open my eyes and look around to find no one and decide to resume my meditation.

???: (Y/N)~....

I open my eyes in shock as I realize who's voice it was.

Me: Master Shane.

I can tell he's behind me. But I can't move, the idea of his physical being behind me just haunts me. He should be dead, I watched him die.

Me: How are you here? You're supposed to be dead.

Shane: You've failed me my apprentice. And you will do the same for your precious "Padawans".

Me: No. No I will protect them! I will not fail them as their master!

Shane: Oh~? Then what about your dream? You saw what happened to them.

Me: Enough.

Shane: The pain, the fear, the hate...

Me: I said enough!

Shane: You'll betray them just to save your own skin. Just like you did to me.

Me: Stop it!

Shane: You are, and always will be.... weak~!

Me: NNNNOOOO!!!!

I stand up with my saber in hands and swung my blade behind only to see that I just hit absolutely nothing. I then collapse onto my hands and knees once more, only to quietly cry at my failure at saving my master.

Me: I'm sorry.... Master.

*Ruby POV*

As we were walking down the tunnel, I felt a presence from behind me. I turn around and there was no one.

Yang: Hey sis! You good?

Me: Y-yeah.... yeah.

I look back to make sure no one was there. I just know someone was following us. I turn around and catch up with my team.

Me: It just felt like someone was following us.

Weiss: That's ridiculous! It's just like Master (L/N) said, these tunnels have been abandoned for years.

Blake: Besides, there's no one else here except us and the others.

Me: Yeah, I guess you're right.

As we kept walking, we entered what appeared to be a giant room with rubble all around as well as mine carts and other mining equipment. It was so creepy.

Me: What happened here?

Yang: No clue. But it seems like everyone up and left. Hey check it out though! ECHO!

ECHO! ECHO! ECHO!

Yang: Awesome.

Weiss: Yang, you dolt! Now is not the time!

TIME! TIME! TIME!

Weiss covers her mouth in embarrassment as me and Yang laugh hard and Blake gives a slight giggle.

Weiss: Shut up and keep looking around!

As we continue to look around, I heard a voice.

???: Ruby~~!

I look around for the voice, but I see no one.

Me: Did you guys hear that?!

Weiss: You heard it too?!

Me: Yeah! Someone said my name.

Yang: Weird. Someone said my name as well.

Weiss: Same here!

Blake: Me as well!

Me: What the-! What in the name of Oum is going on?

???: Just your worst nightmares~.

We all turn around at the way we came from and we saw, made us shake in our boots with fear.

Me: Mom?

Yang: Dad?

Blake: A-Adam?

Weiss: Father?

There stood some of the people we knew. But, something was different with them, almost as if they wanted to torture us.

Me: S-Split up!

We all split up and try to get away from them. What the hell is going on?!

*Jaune POV*

I block a strike from my father and there we were in a standoff. When we got here in this mining site, I saw my father, Ren and Nora saw Rens' parents and Pyrrah saw her father as well. We were all fighting them, but with the amount of fear that we have fighting them, it was too hard to think of them as enemies.

Nicholas: What's wrong son? Scarred! That's just like you! Scarred and useless!

Me: Shut up! My father would never say that!

Nicholas: You sure?

He then kicks me away and slowly approaches me. I was so scarred as he just stands there and slowly approaches me.

Nicholas: Just admit it. You will never be a huntsman. You a leader? Ha! You will only slow your friends down. You aren't strong nor are you fast enough to save them. Or anyone for that fact.

As he kept talking and mocking me, I just couldn't help it and realize he's right. But, the words of Master (L/N)'s wisdom came back to me telling me to not let the fear consume me. I then stand up and face my father with a determined look.

Me: I'm not afraid of you. But you are right about me not being strong enough to be a hero. But, I can learn from my mistakes to make me a better leader for my team. That's what makes me a Huntsman, trying to save those in need of my help.

He then runs at me as he brings his sword into a downward slashing motion, but I don't faze as he stops just a few inches away from my head. He then puts his sword back and looks at me with a smile.

Nicholas: Well done son! I'm proud of you!

He then vanishes from my sight as I fall onto my butt, completely exhausted from that experience. I look around and see the others in a similar state.

Jaune: We can all agree *SIGH* that was all complete BS.

Pyrrah: Agreed.

Ren: That was so tough.

Nora: I need pancakes.

We all laugh at Nora as well all sit there trying to catch our breaths.

*Coco POV*

Fuck. That. Shit. We all just got done fighting our worst fears and I'm not even gonna try to explain how my father was here. This was probably our test on facing our fears.

Fox: Can we leave now?

Velvet: Please?!

Me: Yeah ok let's go.

As we all stand up, Yatsu notices something.

Yatsu: Hey Coco!

Me: What's up?

Yatsu: There's something over here!

We all head towards him and we all see something shiny underneath the rubble. We start to dig it up and we saw a shiny cylinder in a skeletons hand. Wait.... a skeletons hand?!

Me: There's a skeleton under there?!

Velvet: What?!

We quickly dig up the corpse only to see a skeleton in a particular set of clothing. But what confused us more, was the cylinder in his hand.

(It's not clean and pristine. It's been dented and is covered in dust and mud.)

Fox: Is that what I think it is?

I grab it in my hand and examine it. As I look it over, I found what look like a switch. I press it and out came a green laser blade. We were all shocked to find a lightsaber in this pile of rubble. I deactivate the saber and look at my team and then back at the skeleton.

Me: This man was a Jedi. Yatsu, grab the clothes. We're bringing these back to Master (L/N)!

Yatsu: Right!

*(Y/N) POV*

As I sit there waiting for my Padawans to returns, I start to wonder what life would've been like here on Remnant if the Jedi were here on this planet. But my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of multiple footsteps approaching me. I open my eyes to see that my students have returned so I stand up to welcome them back from their trials.

Me: So how was it.

Ruby: Scary.

Jaune: Terrifying.

Weiss: Absolutely insane.

Me: That sounds about right.

As I look them all over, I can see that teams RWBY and JNPR were exhausted but were happy to be done with this test. Team CFVY on the other hand, they seem complex and anxious about something.

Me: Coco? Is something wrong?

They were quiet as me and the other teams await their reply. Coco looks at Yatsu and nods towards him. Yatsu steps forward and shows me.... no way.

Me: These are....

Fox: Master.

I look at team CFVY with wide and shocked eyes.

Fox: There's something else you might want.

Coco steps up this time and takes something out of her bag. And what I saw, made me angry. As I took from her and held it in my hands, I activated the device and out of the cylinder was a green lightsaber blade.

Me: This.... this is a lightsaber from a Jedi back in the Old Republic.

Yang: ...... I'm gonna guess that's pretty old.

Me: 25,000 years ago to be exact.

Nora: Holy cow! Man the Jedi Order is old.

Yang: Yeah. Almost as old as Professor Port.

They all laugh at this joke except me. I'm actually angry because Ozpin knew.

Blake: Master?

I turn around and started heading towards the exit with my Padawans in tow.

Weiss: Master (L/N) what's wrong?

Me: (Takes out comms device) R8, come pick us up. Now.

I hang up and once we are outside, R8 was here with ship. We all board the ship and I fly us straight to Beacon.

Pyrrah: Master what is wrong?!

Me: He knows.

Ruby: Who?!

Me: Ozpin knows.

Weiss: The Headmaster? What does he know?!

I don't say anything as I continue to fly towards Beacon. Once I got to the hangar, I immediately started walking towards Ozpins office with my students in tow. Luckily it was night time and it seems all the other students were in their dorms.

*Ozpin POV*

As me and Glynda were looking over papers, I looked outside to see that it was night time and teams RWBY, JNPR and CFVY haven't returned yet with Mr. (L/N).

Me: Hmm?

Glynda: Headmaster?

Me: They haven't come back yet have they?

Glynda looks at her scroll and looks through the security cameras to search for the students.

Glynda: Ah! Here they are they're on their way.... here?

Me: Here? I wonder why?

Glynda: No idea sir but Mr. (L/N) looks, how should I say this without being so hoarse with my language?

Me: Glynda.

Glynda: .... Pissed. He-he looks pissed sir. But I wonder why?

That could only mean one thing. He found what was in the mines. The elevator door rings and there stood a very upset (Y/N) and the other worrisome students. This is not going to go well.

*Third POV*

(Y/N): Ozpin!

(Y/N) storms towards Ozpins desk.

Ruby: Master wait!

Ren: Ruby's right Master, you need to calm down.

He doesn't listen and slams his hands down on Ozpins desk. Ozpin looks up at him with his usual calm demeanor as he takes a sip from his mug.

Ozpin: Something the matter Master (L/N)?

He answers by slamming the old saber on the desk.

Ozpin: Oh.... I see you found something.

(Y/N): You knew, didn't you?! You knew that there was once Jedi on this planet and you didn't bother to tell me!

Glynda: Wait what?

(Y/N) looks at Glynda with a shocked and angered expression as he looks back Ozpin.

(Y/N): How many secrets are you keeping from me Ozpin? Tell me now!

It was quiet for awhile, as Ozpin looks around to see his students and Glynda looking at the two of them with worried looks and anticipation.

Ozpin: *SIGH* Students, if you would please leave and head to your dorms as me and (Y/N) need to discuss some things. You as well Glynda.

Glynda: But-but sir I-!

Ozpin: Glynda please.

Glynda: *SIGH* Yes sir.

As they all enter the elevator, it was all quiet after the door closed and they were all gone. It was now just (Y/N) and Ozpin as they stare at each other in silence for a couple minutes until he stood up and headed towards the elevator.

Ozpin: Follow me.

(Y/N), reluctantly follows him and once they entered the elevator, Ozpin opens a secret compartment that reveals a button.

(Y/N): What the?

Ozpin: I'm the only one that knows about this button. And for good reason.

Ozpin presses the button and they start heading down. But (Y/N) felt uneasy as he starts to sense something very powerful in Force as they get closer. The elevator, stops and the door opens to reveal a room with many robes, artifacts and textbooks. (Y/N) walks over to a shelf, takes a book and opens it to reveal ancient texts back from the Old Republic. To say (Y/N) was shocked was an understatement. Ozpin walks over and grabs a Jedi holocron from another shelf.

(Y/N): B-but how do you- I mean these texts have been lost to time! (Closes the book) Just who are you?

Ozpin proceeds to tell his story about the Brother Gods, the Queen of Grimm Salem and that he is a man that has lived multiple lives.

(Y/N): So you're basically immortal in a sense. Right?

Ozpin: Well I just reincarnate into a new life once I die. So my body is not immortal, but my mind and spirit have lived for thousands of years.

(Y/N): Oh, I see. But how do you know about the Jedi?

Ozpin: Beleive or not, you are not the first Jedi to visit this planet. You are in fact, the fifth. Three of those Jedi were from thousands of years ago during an age where Remnant was still forming its kingdoms.

(Y/N): Must have been Jedi from the Old Republic era. But what about the fourth.

Ozpin doesn't say anything as he hands him the holocron. (Y/N) takes it and looks at Ozpin as to why he isn't saying a thing about his question.

Ozpin: Open it.

(Y/N) uses the force to open the holocron and out comes a holographic message. Of (Y/N)'s former master.

(Y/N): No way.

Shane: Hello (Y/N), this is a prerecorded message. During your time as my apprentice, I have shown you many worlds and societies throughout the galaxy. But those were worlds that have been recorded on the galaxy map database. But there was one planet that I did not show you, and that this was this planet of Remnant. The reason I did not show you, was because way back then, before you were my apprentice, I made a promise with a very certain man to never reveal this world to the galaxy and the Order. And that man was Ozma. This man has lived a multitude of lives since Remnants time of beginning. I found multiple findings from ancient texts and scrolls to the many artifacts that once belonged to the Jedi of the Old Republic and so me and Ozma created this vault to store them away from the public. I was about to report this to the Jedi Council, but one night as I was meditating, I had a vision. In that vision, I saw an evil empire invading and ravaging this planet of its Dust and other resources. And so I made a promise with Ozma of not reporting the planet to the Order and he promised to hide the artifacts and the presence of our Order, away from the public. But I also saw something else in my vision. And that was you.

(Y/N): Me?

Shane: You were protecting this planet from the forces of evil along with your own Padawans. And so I took this holocron, removed all of its sensitive information, and recorded this message into it. I wish you the best of luck my apprentice. I know you will train these children the best to your ability and they will look to you for your guidance and wisdom that me and the Order have given you. And one more thing before I end this recording; I am proud of you (Y/N). Even when I die, I will always be with by the Force. Thank you for being my apprentice.

The message ends and the holocron closes. (Y/N) has tears in his eyes as he is moved by his late master's words of wisdom and encouragement.

(Y/N): Thank you Ozpin.

Ozpin: You are most welcome Master (L/N). You are now apart of my inner circle since you know my secret.

(Y/N): Thank you sir. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to retire to my dorm and get some sleep.

OZpin: Not at all Master (L/N). You have yourself a wonderful nights sleep. And remember, you are more than welcome to come down here for whatever you need.

(Y/N): Thank you sir.

As (Y/N) walks back to the elevator, Ozpin calls him one more time.

Ozpin: Oh and uh Master (L/N), one more thing.

(Y/N) turns around and looks at Ozpin.

Ozpin: Just know that your master is right. Even though you may be young, you have the knowledge and talent to train your Padawans and I know you can protect this world.

(Y/N): Thank you Headmaster. That truly means a lot to me.

*(Y/N) POV*

As I close the door to my dorm, I look at the holocron in my hand as I start to wonder about today's events. From the vision I had this morning in class, the cave and now with Ozpin's secret. I sit down at my desk as I look at the holocron in front of me. I was glad to know that Master Shane trusted me with this planets safety, but I just don't fully understand of why he kept a secret from me. I would've helped you if you told me. But I don't have time to think that, I need to think of lectures for my students and what we are going to do next.

Me: Don't worry Master, I promise to protect this planet with every being in my body.

I then pull out a textbook as I start to think of routines and training methods for my students.

Me: Now.... let's get to work.

This is my longest chapter yet for any of my stories and it took such along time, so I would appreciate it if you would share this story so it could get out. You don't have to do this, but it would make me happy if you did. Also, a massive thank you to LegendGamerKR with helping me find out which saber forms each Padawan should focus on. It may not seem like something important, but it does save me time on figuring out which form is best suited for each. Also, for those that don't know, my most popular story on my profile, "Abused RWBY x Big Brother Reader", is so close to 60k reads. So if you can, please go check it out and share that story as well. You guys reading and voting on my stories is what keeps me going. So a massive thank you for those that have been reading this story and all my other works, it means a lot to me. Anyways, stay rockin' rockstars!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.6K 1K 34
Y/N L/N died by an accident and a powerful mysterious figure gave him a second chance to live and with a powerful ability and an ancient artifact to...
20.3K 578 22
Jedi are being hunted across the galaxy after the Sith tricked them with the Clone Wars. Now the few remaining champions of the light are being pursu...
3.6K 77 5
(Darth Vader Male Reader in RWBY) You were the father of Yang Xiao Long and Ruby Rose. You were discovered to be a Jedi before the Clone Wars and le...
1.1K 8 28
This is my first story I have made so I hope you enjoy it Story: There was a team of 5 misfits created to protect/defend their universe/dimensions an...