An Age Old Promise

By reddiamondtulip

Waking up in a new time but same place. The last memory was an unfulfilled promise to an old friend More

Author's Note
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
part 2
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
Closing Note

part 2

24 1 0
By reddiamondtulip

(Morning of Christmas Eve)

~Reinhard's P.O.V~
I woke up again in a startle. I still have the nightmares before I came back and sometimes, I heard myself repeating the promise before waking up. The Administrator and I were very close after we had that promise. I hope I can make it happen at the very least. "Ray?" I heard Natalie calling. "You don't want to miss breakfast again!". "Alright, I'm coming." I got up the couch and went to freshen up before going to the kitchen.

"Morning, Ray!" Natalie greeted me. She sounds cheery today. "Guten Morgen." I greeted back. "You sound cheerful today..." I pointed out. "Is there a special occasion?" and asked. "It's Christmas Eve today and—". "Is it also your birthday?" I cut her off. I saw the quick blush on her and she said yes. "You got me, Ray. How did you guess it?". "Both of you are the same." I answered.

"Right, right..." she chuckled in embarrassment. "Do you think I'm as pleasant as the Administrator?" Natalie curiously asked. "In some aspects.". "I guess that's fair." She shrugged and both of us had breakfast. Natalie and I did our morning routine and she asked where I wanted to go. "How about yourself? Where do you want to go?" I asked back. "W-well... there is one place..." seems that she has a place in mind.

Both of us went out and we took a tram to the ice rink. "You can skate?" I asked in surprise. "It's one of the things my sister and I do when we were young." Natalie answered. "Could the Administrator skate too?" she asked back. "Not that I know of I'm afraid." I was unsure. As far as I can remember, Anna was mostly busy with paperwork or practicing piano. We switched our shoes and to skating blades and entered the rink.

I almost slipped on the ice and Natalie helped me regained my balance. "Don't walk but slide. That's how you do it." she instructed. Both of us glided through the rink and Natalie helped me along the way. I asked about the guitar I noticed back in the apartment and she told me it's called a bass guitar. "It's a habit I picked up since I moved." Natalie explained. I asked again if she plays other instruments and sadly, she said no. "I still love to hear you play." I smiled. "Alright. I'll find the song to play first." She smirked but I could see the nervousness under it.

~Natalie's P.O.V~
It's been a while since I last went to a skating rink and Ray accompanying me was really nice. Ray and I exited the rink and switched back to our shoes before leaving the place. He wasn't a bad skater to my surprise. Both of us stopped by for a lunch and I decided to go to the memorial afterwards. "Why did you bring me here?" asked Ray. "I thought that you want to see the place." I gave my reasons but I think I made a mistake bringing Ray here.

"Can we just go back?" said Ray in a low tone. "I-I'm sorry." We hopped back on the tram and walked back to my apartment. Few minutes later, there was a knock on the door and it was the delivery man again. I thanked him after taking the package and he left. I sat down and carefully opened it. it was the second bouquet I ordered and it came with a card, "Happy birthday! Sorry we don't have any irises so we change it to pink carnations. Hope you don't mind! – Darky & Klaus". "Thanks, you two." I smiled at the card.

I checked the bouquet and there were pink and striped carnations with white tulips. "Is that the bouquet you waited?" Ray asked and I nodded. "Hey, uh... Ray..." I called. "I'm sorry for earlier and..." I hesitated a bit and got some courage to give him the bouquet. "... you can... you can have this." he was surprised from the gesture. He asked why and I told him the flowers resemble him.

"How silly of you..." Ray sighed a chuckle and took the bouquet. I already took the card Darky and Klaus wrote. "Danke." He thanked me. "Und alles gute zum Geburtstag.". "Vielen Dank, Obergruppenführer." I smiled in relieve.

A.N : Here's part two! I decided to make a short chapter to get my grip back. I realized that I haven't make the last chapter of the YMO Imagines! book. I've looked up flower symbolism and I think I got it right? Hopefully... again, there will be a lot of cheesy plots and I'll see you guys in the next chapter! RD out!! Boi!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33 6 6
The Universe is dying. Few of those who were living knew. And fewer know why. Much that was once was, is lost. For none now lived, remember it. It ha...
85 0 5
Welcome back to prehistoric park! My version of what a second series would have looked like! All rights remain to Impossible Pictures apart from my o...
318K 12.1K 30
Seilauna wakes up, unable to remember anything, only to discover that vampires are real and her world is vastly changed.
189 31 24
Imagine living by yourself, doing the exact same boring thing everyday, for 8 years. Then an unexpected friend changes your whole life. Hope you enjo...