invasato [h.s]

By ulookuglytodaysis

invasato; possessed or dominated by a strong passion. - "Alice in Wonderland? That's your favorite book." he... More

teaser/trailer
invasato
prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
39
40
41
42
43
44: The Wedding
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69: we all fell down
70: flames
71
72: true identity
73
74: 'Flower'
75
76: The Heist Master
77: Finale
From the Author

38

1.1K 56 94
By ulookuglytodaysis

quick disclaimer besties...

just wanted to remind y'all to be patient with elaina!

reminder that she is in a relationship with isaac and, to her, it's morally right to be loyal to him even if he isn't. loyalty = affection in her eyes. she doesn't want to believe that their relationship is failing because they've been together since high school—she will try very hard to make them seem perfect still. keep her trauma in mind...

that's all! i love you! who's ready for isaac to stir the pot a little...

Elaina Basset

Isaac lands in Milan in three hours.

Yesterday, one of my favorite places was set ablaze, I joined a criminal organization, and I got a tattoo. So, all I can say is that some warning about Isaac booking a flight here would have been nice.

It's not that I'm not excited to see him, it's just that there's a lot going on that hasn't even set in for me yet. Now I'll have to deal with the stress of my fiancé being here.

On another note, I need to keep the guys away from Isaac at all costs.

Well, as much as I possibly can at least. I don't know how that's gonna play out.

He has to meet Zayn, because he knows he's my roommate and he'll grow suspicious if I don't let them meet. I've talked to Zayn, and he said that Isaac can stay here in the villa.

It's not Zayn that I'm worried about though.

It's Harry.

We're complicated. How I feel about him is complicated. He was someone I hated, a stranger that I had convinced myself was bad. But lately that narrative has been completely flipped on it's head and now my mind is reeling.

I don't hate him anymore. Actually, I've found myself...not minding his company.

I'd like to say that I've found a friend in Harry, and in some respects that might be true, but we both know that there's a little more to it.

The thought of Harry and Isaac meeting has crossed my mind, but I never expected it to actually fucking happen.

I don't know what the outcome is going to be. And that's why I need to talk to Harry.

I texted him this morning, telling him to meet me at the villa. This was the first time that I've ever used his number to text him. He's feeling petty, I can already tell...because our conversation went something like this;

Elaina: hi

Harry: hey...

Elaina: i have a question.

Harry: oh god.

Harry: what is it?

Elaina: if you're not busy this morning can you come by the villa?

Harry: ???

Harry: why.

Elaina: i need to grocery shop for when isaac gets here...

I had to wait two minutes for a response to this.

Harry: you want me to come grocery shopping with you for your boyfriend?

Elaina: fiancé. and yes. please.

Harry: no.

Elaina: cmon.

Harry: nope

Luckily, I knew how I'd convince him.

Elaina: fine. i'll ask niall.

Harry: fuck you. be there in 20.

And so he came, 20 minutes later like he said.

I open the door to him leaning against the doorframe in blue jeans and a white AC/DC band shirt. He smells good, looks clean, freshly showered. Sunglasses cover his eyes and a toothpick hangs from his mouth.

"Excited?" I remark in a slightly teasing manner, because I knew he didn't want to do this.

I can sense the eye roll form behind the sunglasses. "Let's get this shit over with." he murmurs under his breath before turning to walk to his car.

I follow him. He opens up the passenger side door for me to get in, and I give him a clearly forced grin to which he responds with a middle finger.

Today, I'm wearing blue denim jean shorts and a grey t shirt. I'm covering my tattoo, simply because I'm not ready for Isaac to see it.

"I can't believe you sucked me into this." Harry grumbles once he gets into the drivers seat.

I shrug, smirking. "You didn't have to come. Like I said, I could've asked Niall or Louis or—"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." he shakes his head, beginning to drive. "Smartass."

I turn my head to look forward out the windshield, covering my mouth subtly to hide my chuckle. It's entertaining knowing I can get him annoyed without it being hateful anymore.

I would like to keep things civil between us. It's better like this, especially if we'll be working together now.

"But really, thank you for coming with me." I say, glancing at him while he drives.

He keeps his gaze on the road, his expression not changing. "Don't mention it." he says, one hand on the wheel and the other arm resting along the windowsill.

I look out my window, watching the skyline as Harry drives. The radio plays 'Gloria' by Laura Branigan at a medium volume. The windows are slightly down, my hair is blowing in the breeze circling through Harry's car.

"So," Harry speaks over the song, "have you talked to Marjorie?"

My chest tightens.

My eyes shift to my lap and I shake my head. "No. I haven't gotten a chance."

I also don't know what to say to her.

It's quiet for a second until Harry speaks again.

"You know she isn't mad at you right?" he says, as if reading my mind.

I roll my lips into my mouth while keeping my eyes down. "It's still my fault that her shop got set on fire." I say quietly with shame. "She doesn't know that, and I feel horrible lying to her."

"You aren't lying to her. Not technically. And even if she did know, she loves you, so she won't be mad."

I sigh through my nose, my mind playing back the sight of my favorite little paint shop ablaze. All because someone is after me.

"I loved that shop. And I know she and Derek did too. I just wish there was a way I could make it up to them."

I know it's not good, but Ive tried to push what happened yesterday away in mind. Not forever, but temporarily. I just don't think I can face it yet.

I don't want to accept that this is happening again.

Harry doesn't say anything after that. We sit in silence with the music playing softly from the radio.

I don't know if he just wasn't sure what to say or if he didn't actually care enough to answer, but I was ready for the topic to be withdrawn anyway.

When we get to the market, I take the lead. It's like an outdoor grocery store with fresh produce and baked items, plus your other typical grocery store things like snacks and drinks.

I grab a black basket and start down the rows. Harry walks next to me, not able to care less about the situation.

I buy some different items from venders, trying my best to think back to what Isaac would eat. Harry just follows me quietly, looking around with his hands behind his back.

We go into another row, an aisle with some different snacks and treats. There's chips, crackers, and some pastries like cupcakes and muffins and croissants.

I stop and look at some of the muffins, and then I hear a plastic bag ripping open behind me. I turn, and see Harry opening a bag of chips.

"You couldn't have waited?" I question.

He shrugs. "I'm hungry."

I chuckle under my breath as I start to walk again, Harry walking with me as he eats the chips. Soft music plays overhead on some speakers, and as for the crowd, there aren't many people here because it's fairly early in the day.

I need to talk to Harry about Isaac before we leave this market. I just don't know how to bring it up.

My eyes browse the items while my mind is elsewhere, but soon I hear Harry speak from next to me.

"Alright," he says, finishing up a chew.. "so tell me why you really wanted me to come grocery shopping with you."

I swear he can read my fucking mind or something.

My eyes widen for a second but I don't let him see it, then I play it cool by shrugging with my bottom lip pouting.

"I don't know what you mean." I keep my eyes on the shelves.

"Mmm." he hums, not buying it. "So you just enjoy my company then? I wonder how boyfriend's gonna feel about that." he remarks, making me roll my eyes.

I then turn to look at him. "Okay first of all, fiancé. Not boyfriend." I state, watching a smirk grow on his lips. "And secondly, I actually don't mind your company, asshat. But fine, I did invite you today for a different reason."

He's smirking as he leans against a shelf, his hand going into the chip bag for another one while he looks at me.

"And that reason would be..." he nonchalantly urges.

I let out a small sigh as I look to the ground at my shoes, then back up at Harry.

"I..." I press my lips into a line in hesitation. "I need you to keep your distance from Isaac when he's here. Okay?"

In response to this, he chuckles under his breath as he chews on a few chips. His expression does not change while he looks at me.

"You think I wanna be anywhere near that idiot?" he remarks.

"You know what I mean, Harry." I say with seriousness.

But Harry doesn't let this clueless act go. He presses his lips into a line and rolls his eyes up as if searching his brain for answers as if he didn't have one.

"No I don't." he shrugs. "Enlighten me."

He smirks again.

I blow out a huff of frustration and roll my eyes.

"Us. You and me. We need to keep our distance." I state. His smirk remains. "Whatever we've been doing these past few days has got to stop when Isaac is here."

His head tilts, "And what exactly have we been doing, Picasso?"

I narrow my eyes at him. "Oh please. Don't act dumb." I say. "How you were talking about 'winning me over' and how much you hate my fiancé that you've never even met."

His mouth falls into an 'O' shape and he pretends like suddenly everything set in for him. "Ohhh." he nods. "Yeah, I'm still dead set on that by the way."

I toss my head back with a groan. "Harry." I whine.

He chuckles to himself with amusement as he continues to walk, strolling past me so now I have to follow him.

"C'mon, Picasso. You love it."

I arch my brow, looking at the back of him as he walks in front of me. "Love what?"

At my words, he briefly peers over his shoulder.

"The chase. The fact that what you want to do is something that you shouldn't be doing." he remarks. "It's thrilling isn't it?"

He's pushing my buttons, and he knows it.

I scoff and shake my head, crossing my arms as we walk down the rows. "You sound ridiculous."

"Ridiculous doesn't always mean wrong." he says. "But fine, I'll respect your little engagement or whatever."

"Thank you. That's all I wanted to hear."

Cars whiz by on the street next to the market. People mingle and meander around as they shop.

Something that I love about Italy is that it's nothing like Denver.

Everything—from the architecture, to the food, to the way people talk to each other—it's completely different from how Denver was. Nothing here reminds me of my past.

"But,"

I hear Harry's voice and look at him in front of me, noticing how he's turning around. "What if...you know," he shrugs, "I do happen to cross paths with Isaiah—"

"Isaac." I correct.

"Whatever." he brushes it off, "What happens then? Hmm?"

I know he's not actually asking. I know he knows Isaac's name. And I know he's doing this to provoke me and he loves it.

"Try to be civil." I say.

His nose scrunches up, displeased with my answer.

"Please." I sigh. "I just want to have this be as low stress as possible with all the other stuff going on."

The look on his face slowly drops and he blinks, then he lets out an exhale through his lips and he nods. "Okay. Fine, civility it is."

I nod back with a little bit of relief. "Thanks. It means a lot, really."

His lips briefly lift into a short smile as he leans against a shelf with his arms crossed.

"Well, let's get going." he turns to start walking. "Wouldn't want to be late for the boyfriend."

I groan as I hurry to follow his tall strides.

"Fiancé!"

After my shop with Harry, I went to the villa and got things ready. Zayn's been working at the bar today but he'll be back tonight, I think.

I'm on the way to the airport. Zayn lent me one of his cars.

I'm nervous for Isaac and Zayn to meet. Im sure Isaac still associates Zayn with random texts and calls in my phone—my phone that he broke.

That's a memory that will stick with both of us. It was a very...still moment in our relationship—a moment where time sort of slowed down and I think we both questioned everything.

Maybe that's where things began to go downhill. Or maybe it was when I left Denver.

But regardless, that's why he's coming here...so we can work on us. And I'm willing to do that. I think we can achieve something here.

But besides Isaac and I, I also have to worry about this new lifestyle of mine possibly interfering with him.

Someone is after me. And if they're the same person that sent me the photos, then they know about Isaac. Admittedly, I'm worried that he'll get unwillingly involved as leverage or something. I'm just trying to remember that I have protection now. And who knows, maybe nothing will happen at all.

I pull up to Isaac's gate. He had texted me about five minutes ago saying he's heading to the exit, so he should be here any minute now.

I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I'm not nervous to see him. I shouldn't be, but I am. He's someone that I love, and I think most of my nerves are coming from wanting this whole thing to go well.

I park the car and step out. I want to be waiting outside of the car for him, rather than having to watch through the windows as he walks up to it.

Plus, he'll want to hug me. I think. Right?

I stand with my arms crossed, watching people leave the gate. My stomach is fluttering. Any minute now he'll be walking through those doors and we'll be reunited.

And then, I see him.

Red surf shorts and a black t shirt, he walks out of the airport with his suitcase. I straighten up, my stomach jumping.

But then, I see that he's not alone.

Just behind him, I see two familiar faces...a blonde guy and another guy with darker hair—and I realize that these are two of the guys from his university soccer team. We went to the beach with them when I visited Denver.

But why the fuck are they here?

Isaac sees me and immediately lights up. His face lifts into an opened mouth smile and he rushes up to me. Just moments later, I'm lifted into a strong embrace. His arms wrap around me and my feet leave the ground.

"Oh my god, it's so good to see you." he laughs.

I cant help but smile into the hug, but I'm distracted from the full affect of it because I'm looking at the two guys he brought with him. They're smiling at me awkwardly, like they didn't know how to present themselves.

Isaac puts me down and pulls away from the hug to look at me. He's got a big smile, which I return because I am happy to see him, but I'm still confused.

"You brought your friends?" I ask through my grin, tilting my head.

He looks over his shoulder. "Yeah." he says, looking back at me. "I hope it's okay. Just didn't want to come here alone when I don't know the place. But they're staying at their own hotel, don't worry," he winks.

I chuckle. "Okay."

"Let me refresh your memory." He looks behind him again and gestures to the guys. He points to the dark haired one. "Finn." then he points to the blonde one. "And that's Jessie."

I pull a small smile and wave. "Hey."

"Hey, Elaina." Jessie says while Finn only waves back.

I press my lips into a line and pick at my fingernails as we all kind of stand there in silence. Maybe I'm the only one finding all of this super awkward but it's awkward nonetheless.

"So, am I driving you guys to your hotel?" I ask Finn and Jessie.

Isaac chuckles. "Nah, they have a cab coming to get them. Don't worry."

I laugh it off, feeling slightly relieved by that fact. But then, a new realization sets in—I'm gonna be alone with Isaac and he's going to want to discuss everything.

"We'll see you guys later." Isaac says to Finn and Jessie. "Ready to go, baby? I'm excited to see what you've been up to." he tells me as he puts a hand on my hip and rubs it in circles with his thumb.

I give him yet another smile and nod.

We say goodbye to Finn and Jessie and then we get into Zayn's car. Isaac immediately looks around at the clean interior, brows furrowed.

"This is your roommates car?" he questions.

I hum in agreement as I begin to drive. "One of them."

I can tell by his silence that he doesn't love the idea of me driving around in my male roommates expensive vehicle...

...but honestly that's the last thing he should be worried about.

"So how has soccer been?" I ask, just trying to make conversation.

"The season ended last month, El. Doesn't start up again until September."

My brows furrow. "Oh? I thought you—"

"Yeah, I tried to call you after our last game but I guess it was like 2 am for you so..."

I blink and my lips part as I keep my eyes on the road. "Shit, I'm sorry." I murmur.

I guess we've been more out of sync than I thought.

I feel him put his hand on my bare thigh. He gives it a squeeze. "Don't worry, babe. Honest mistake."

I glance at him briefly, my lips pulling into a brief smile before I focus on the road again.

The closer we get to Zayn's, the more my nerves are growing. I already know that this first meeting between them is going to be awkward, but it's just something we have to get through.

I pull off the road, driving down our driveway.

"Holy shit, this is where you've been staying?" Isaac looks out the window, in awe.

I get where he's coming from. I went from staying in a basic suburb in Denver to this rustic, beautiful villa in Italy. In my opinion, this place suits me much more than Denver.

I love this villa. It's beauty is something that makes me so content inside.

"Pretty, right?" I smile as I park the car.

"It's definitely different." Isaac nods.

I pop the trunk and we grab his bags. Hidden from him, I take a deep breath that he can't see and exhale as calmly as I can.

This is it. Isaac is about to be introduced to my new life.

I'm going to make sure nothing goes wrong on my end.

As we walk to the front door, I reach out for his hand. I know I need to make an effort, and I haven't been doing that. I want to show him that I'm in this relationship because I love him. He smiles as he takes my hand, lacing our fingers together while I lead him to the doorway.

My heart beats fast as I open the door and we walk in.

The smell of something cooking fills my nose. It smells savoury and fresh.

"Zayn?" I call out, gripping Isaac's hand as I walk to the kitchen. "We're here."

We turn into the kitchen, and in walks Zayn from the living room. His brows raise a bit when he sees us, and then he pulls a smile.

I turn to look at Isaac, and I can see how his jaw his clenched but he's trying to keep a normal expression.

Zayn is a tatted, tall, intimidating person...so I suppose Isaac's reaction is warranted.

"Z, this is Isaac." I say, breaking the silence.

Zayn steps forward and reaches out his tattooed hand. "Nice to finally meet you." he says.

Isaac clears his throat and returns the handshake. "So, you're Elaina's roommate?"

Zayn smiles. "Sure am. Heard a lot about you." he remarks.

"Zayn's been a great help since I moved here." I say. "He's a great friend."

And I meant every word, looking at Zayn with a smile.

"Well I'm glad to hear that." Isaac says, squeezing my hand. "I was nervous about her making friends in a whole new country. She's quite shy at times."

I chuckle it off.

Zayn looks at Isaac and exhales a small chuckle through his nose, arms crossed now.

"No, she hasn't had any trouble in that department. She's got a great group of friends here," he says...and then he smirks. "Can't wait for you to meet 'em."

The look on Zayn's face is convincing me that there is something else going on, and then my thoughts are confirmed when I see Harry emerge from around the corner.

With the smuggest smirk upon his lips.

My eyes go wide and I stare ahead in disbelief as he looks at me, knowing this was the exact opposite of what he was supposed to do.

He told me he'd keep his distance, but now he's here standing right in front of us.

Oh my fucking god.

Harry Styles

I wish I could frame the look on Elaina's face right now.

I know I promised not to do this, but honestly sometimes I just can't help myself. When Zayn called me and told me they were on their way back to the villa, I acted on impulse and knew I just had to be there.

She stands there, gawking at me as she holds Isaac's hand.

I know for a fact that she's pissed off

I look at her fiancé's expression. He's looking at me with confusion, and by the way that he's squeezing her hand, he's slightly angry.

I'd love to see how angry he'd get if he knew that his fiancé got off to the thought of me.

"Hey." I remark before stepping forward and jutting my hand out. "You must be the boyfriend."

He has a slight frown as he accepts my handshake with hesitation. "I'm her fiancé, actually."

My mouth falls open and my brows raise in fake surprise as I squeeze his hand a little harder before dropping it.

"Shit, no way." I grin, then I look at Elaina. "Picasso, you never told me you were getting hitched."

She looks back at me sharply, squinting her eyes at me while she silently seethes. She looks like she's about to strangle me.

And the best part is, she can't react.

I smile at her, and I swear I see her eye twitch.

"So, are you her other roommate or—"

"Oh no no." I shake my head, then smirk at Elaina. "Just her—"

"Friend." Elaina interrupts, finishing what I was gonna say. "He's my friend. His name is Harry."

Isaac looks at me warily, eyes scanning me up and down as he grips onto Elaina's hand like I'm gonna rip her away from him.

It's so amusing knowing that the very sight of me threatens him.

"Nice to meet you." he says, in a tone that told me he meant quite the opposite.

I smirk, leaning back against the wall with Zayn beside me.

"Pleasure is all mine, fiancé."

I hate that word. I hate it when it's describing him. In my respectable honest opinion, he doesn't deserve the title anyways. Especially when he proposed to her in an attempt to get her to stay.

He trapped her.

And because Elaina is good, and cares about other people more than herself, she said yes.

But she still left. The proposal didn't stop her from moving away.

And those little pieces of Elaina, where she's got strong willpower and those glimpses she's given me of a more rebellious side—that's what I find so intriguing about her. That's what's been keeping me up at night.

"I think Harry was just leaving?" Elaina glares at me to try and get me to go with it.

"Well," Zayn steps in, "dinner's ready..." he looks at me. "You might as well stay and have some, right?"

I'd high five him but it would be too obvious.

My lips pull. "I mean...why not." I look back at the lovely couple and shrug, smiling at Elaina briefly.

Her chest puffs and she doesn't exhale. She's so frustrated with me and honestly, the angrier she gets, the more fuel there is for my fire.

The fiancé is in for a fun trip to Italy.

"Amazing. So it's settled." Zayn claps. "Let's eat."

//

harry...

up to no good. he's got such a crush awe.

happy pride 💖💜💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...
5.2K 116 43
-*W A R N I N G *- : Sorry beforehand if this story is cliche and doesn't make since I wrote this when I was a mere teen, it was my very first story...
94.2K 5.7K 65
[COMPLETED] "I see you've become brave" He chuckles, his eyes dark. "I didn't have a choice," I say without a hint of emotion in my voice. His eyes s...
913 21 25
February 20 2020, Harper's life gets turned upside down. She feels like she lost everything. Almost a year after the accident she meets a boy. A boy...