"When She Woke Up"- (Newt&Tho...

By cloudyskies13569

[under major editing and re-drafting] The soft pitter-patter of footfalls on damp grass approached. She laid... More

~Playlists~
~Her Eyes~
~Slight Panic~
~"It's Calm"~
~The Bonfire~
~Skillz~
~That's A Weed~
~Got A Heart To Give~
~Newt's In Charge~
~Just Keep Running~
~The Edge of Life and Death~
~The Path You Took Before~
~A Slow Recovery~
~"Fit To Be A King"~
~Winning You~
~The Time You Actually Run For Your Life~
~Author's Note~
~"That's A Griever, THAT'S A GRIEVER!!"~
~The Sacrifice~
~"MINHO, WHAT'S THE SEQUENCE?!"~
Next Book is Out!
A/N 🎉1k+ reads!!
10k+ reads!! 🤩🎉

~Stupid Gardening Tool~

1.2K 22 31
By cloudyskies13569

"No one has ever survived a night in the maze."

The Maze Runner, movie

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*

Today was kind of peaceful. You got up on your own, apparently too early for everyone else. You wandered around and hit out your boxes, digging through them some more. You changed into some clothes you thought suited you well enough. You wandered around and laid down in the grass assessing the place. Then, Newt came and found you.

You gave him a quizzical look.

"Why are you up so early?" he asked.

You shrugged and looked back at the sky. Not like I can explain it.

You glanced at him sideways. "Oh, I'm used to getting up early as a former runner and second in command," he stated.

You nodded. You let Newt pull you up when it was time for breakfast and sat with him today. Then you walked off towards the med-jack hut. They checked the bandages on your leg from what you had done the other day and switched them. You let them, being a little groggy this morning.

Around lunchtime, you were patching someone up when you heard someone.

"Hey, Y/N?" Clint's voice snapped you back to reality.

You looked over. "I found a random gardening tool, do you mind taking it back to Zart for me?" he asks.

You nodded, but also had no idea who Zart was. Oh well, guess you'd have to figure it out yourself.

"Also, when you're done you're good to head to lunch!" Clint called after you.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

On your way to the gardens, you found Newt picking at some weeds with Thomas. There were big arches of vines and it looked really pretty to you. Berries of all sorts were strewn about, pink, purple, and blue. You tapped Newt on the shoulder.

"What are you doing here, Y/N?" Newt asks. You hold up the gardening tool.

"Oh, yeah I forgot I left that in the med-jack hut. Don't worry, I was bringing one of the shanks over because he got some poison ivy."

You silently laughed a bit and then smiled at them, they looked like they were working hard. You wondered if they needed anything so you tried your best to communicate this with hand gestures and signs. You pointed at them, then at the tool you were holding, and motioned you digging a bit.

Thomas looked more than a bit confused. Newt laughed a bit and then spoke up.

"You could grab us some fertilizer in the woods if you want to help..?" Newt offered. You smiled and picked up a bucket and shovel, wandering off to find the so-called fertilizer in the woods. You felt a bit dejected with being sent away from them with this task, but it was okay. You were helping them. You walked into the trees, the further you went in the less safe you felt.

You were about to turn back, all that 'don't ignore your gut feelings' and stuff. But, you had no time.

Snap. A twig. Was that you? You thought.

You kept walking, Newt said it was only a bit farther than the stream which you had just passed. There was a strange thing poking out of the ground ahead of you. You realized it was a bone and then you saw the headstone. You put your hand over your mouth, eyes wide in shock. You knelt down and saw the name. It was one of the names that was crossed out on the stone wall. You felt bad.

Then you heard another branch. It was definitely not you since you weren't moving. You turned around to see one of the runners from the time Minho had pushed you. He looked... rabid? Immediately your instinct was to run. You eyed him warily and the second he lunged at you, you took off. He was a runner, he was bigger than you, he had longer legs, and quite simply you were no match for him. He almost instantly caught up and tackled you to the ground. You couldn't scream, you hadn't figured out how to use your voice yet. Then, you look over and saw a big rock so you grabbed it and smashed  it into his head. He rolled off of you and you got up and bolted.

The runner was hot on your trail, twisting and maneuvering around the trees just as fast as you were, if not faster. You were just praying that you were close by to someone. You ran and ran and eventually you saw Gally in the distance. He was bigger and stronger than the runner who was chasing you so that was your goal. Just run to Gally, you thought to yourself. Feeling the burn in your lungs, but you remembered how much you had loved running and let yourself go.

Instead of making it to Gally though, you slammed right into someone. It was Thomas!

"Hey, Y/N, I was just coming to find you," he says. Then the runner tackled you from behind. He ripped you from Thomas' hands and pinned you to the ground seething.

"HELP, BEN'S BEEN STUNG!!!" Thomas yelled. Gally nearby immediately looked over as 'Ben' had his hands around your neck. You were about to pass out before he was tackled off of you by Gally.

Thomas kept a tight hold on you, hugging you and rubbing your back as your sobbed and tried to worm your way out of his grasp. But he didn't seem to want to let you go. So, you gave up and only then did you realize your breathing, the tears that were falling from your eyes, and your shakiness. Thomas could see the bruises forming around your neck.

You realized Thomas was trying to comfort you, that he was keeping you there to calm you down. You looked up at him, and he was looking at you with worry but every so often he glanced at what was happening behind the two of you. You heard screaming and some muffled voices. You heard the guy that chased you asking for them to not do something, he sounded scared. He was begging them not to, and eventually all the sounds ceased.

"Don't worry clover, they'll put him in the slammer." Thomas said in a soothing voice. He had begun to call you that after the four-leaf clover incident, since you began to find them all the time.

"It's alright, I've got you. You don't have to run anymore. You're safe here in my arms." You felt safe whenever Thomas or Newt held you.

You just buried your face in Thomas' chest. He hesitantly wrapped his arms tighter around you as if he could protect you from the world. You hated this, you kept messing things up, you kept having to run. Maybe you weren't meant to be here. After all, you didn't get here the same way everyone else did.

At some point, Thomas let go of you and helped you get up from the grass.. You felt horrible from the bottom of your stomach to your pounding head. You could see the tear stains on Thomas' shirt. You were scared but had been so overtaken with adrenaline from the fear that you didn't register it until Thomas had pulled you back after Gally had gotten Ben off of you. Gally sauntered back from the slammer and saw you standing with Thomas.

You stared at your hands as you saw them shake. Thomas tried to wipe away your tears but you flinched so he backed up to finally give you some space.

"Are you okay?" Gally asked, a bit monotonously.

You slowly looked up at him and nodded, but in both Gally's and Thomas' book. Unless you were smiling, you weren't okay. You had always smiled since the day you got there, but the second you stopped smiling everyone knew something was wrong.

Gally kept an eyed the bruises a bit longer before grabbing your arm and dragging you to lunch, which you had somehow missed due to the whole fiasco that just went down.

You didn't feel like eating though and refused to, even after staring at the food in front of you. It made you sick. You wanted to help them all escape. That should never have to happen to anyone else. Not being chased by someone, but being turned into whatever 'that' was.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

Later that evening, right before the walls close, you saw a bit of a commotion. All the keepers and some of the other gladers were standing in a sort of broken semicircle near the opening of the maze. You were at a distance but could see the long poles they each held. Six of them, held by Newt and some others, had a horizontal end to them. You didn't know if this was another weird tradition, or something horrible happening.

You found a tree that was far enough away but close enough to hear everything. All the boys waited solemnly by the stone doors. Minho emerged dragging Ben from the slammer. He had a bag in one hand, and a fistful of Ben's shirt in the other. His hands were tied and he was writhing around while being dragged along the ground. When they reached the doors Ben yelled for them to stop and he started crying. Only then did you realize what they were about to do. There was a knife in Minho's mouth which he used to let Ben go from the rope. He threw the bag in his other hand and it skidded into the maze. Minho was let out of the circle, and they all held their poles steady to keep Ben from getting out. Ben throws up some black gunk and he looks sick. He's crying and screaming when the groan signaling the doors are closing begins. Alby looks like he doesn't want to do this. But they use the long sticks to force Ben into the maze. With one final push of the rods, the doors lock together and the deathly screaming stops. The Glade goes quiet for a moment.

You started crying a bit just watching it. Gally sees this and wraps you up in a hug which he would never actually give to anyone but you. You felt useless, trapped, and overall like a terrible person because of how much havoc you had caused in the Glade.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

Later that night, you hear a soft chipping away at stone from your hammock. You watch a torch in the distance and Gally's steady hand as he puts a line through Ben's name on the wall. He was dead.

You sat wide awake, never having experienced the death of someone before. At least you didn't think you had, but you couldn't remember anyways. You could only assume the worst.

You stayed up processing what had happened, and fell asleep with more nightmares. Probably to make up for the lack of them recently.

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*

1851 words~

Wow I'm kinda on a roll now.

QOTD: What time of day is the best?

12:34.56.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 548 28
Hate to love there blooms the true love!! - This is theory of love from centuries. Ishraa Ram the beautiful fun loving girl but can be sassy at tim...
1M 55.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
84.2K 12.9K 55
What happens when Sidharth Shukla, a famous RJ, and Sana Mukherjee, a bengali girl, are forced to marry each other because of their families? He is a...
13.3K 707 24
What to expect here: ✅ Mickey ✅ Magic ✅ Madness Participate in one of WattpadDisney's contests! Photosensitivity Warning: Please note, contest chapte...