Twist of Fate | Jinkook ✔️

halekook द्वारा

Seokjin attempts to cling to the tiniest glimmer of hope that he can find after two years of experiencing a h... अधिक

Welcome!
Characters & Summary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Six

7.3K 727 607
halekook द्वारा

"Babe, are you okay?"

Jimin stopped looking at the screen of his laptop long enough to glance over to his husband and announce, "I was just offered a million dollars."

Namjoon got up from his seat and came over to his spouse and sat next to him. He took a quick peek at Jimin's laptop before turning his attention back to him and asking, "what are you talking about?"

"Jeon Jungkook has just made a kind offer of one million dollars for me to serve as the main physician to the man who is now giving birth to their child."

"You?"

"Yes, I know. He stopped by the office earlier and handed me a letter written by his attorney that detailed the ways in which he might ruin my whole professional career-"

"Had he made a threat against you?" Namjoon stood up and became more distressed by what he was listening to.

Jimin grabbed him and said, "Baby, have a seat here. It was not intended as a threat. It was an accurate statement. It is a miracle that I am still employed at this point if I am being really honest. Before his appearance today, I was confused about why none of them had taken legal action against me. He explained that even though I made a mistake, it was a mistake that benefited him, so he was giving me a chance to demonstrate that I was a qualified doctor and would have his lawyer send over an agreement to me tonight. I have read it, and according to what it says, I am to be the only doctor who treats the man who is now expecting a child and looks after him until he gives birth. I am not permitted to see any other patients; I am only authorized to see him."

Namjoon returned to his seat and placed his hand on Jimin's thigh before asking, "well, what are your thoughts? Would you be able to carry out such an action? Does he know that you are pregnant? We had an agreement that you would cease working after the eighth month."

"I know, but this man is one month ahead of me, so it would be good," Jimin sighed. "For one million dollars, it would be really helpful to us. We will be able to save money for our future child and pay off our mortgage and student loans. The offer is rather reasonable and extremely generous when all things are considered. I really don't know how the guy would react, though."

"If Jungkook has asked you to be the doctor, the other person may be fine with the idea. It is quite strange, but I am certain they would have discussed it. I have an old friend who is now an attorney, and I can have him check this over to make sure there isn't anything wrong with accepting it. Print off that agreement, and I'll have him look it over."

"He requires it before the close of business tomorrow."

"We attended the same university, so I should be able to obtain his contact information. I have no doubt that he can provide this service for us for a small fee. I don't want you to sign something that will damage us. Also, if you were to lose either your soul or your license, I would choose the former. It is common knowledge that Jungkook engages in ruthless business deals. I have been told that he purchases many other businesses while being ruthless. However, those who work for him call him an authentic leader, so I don't know."

"I know, to tell you the truth, he is rather terrifying. I am curious as to what it was that brought him and his spouse to see me in the first place."

"You are a fantastic doctor, Jimin. Although there was that one oversight, on the whole, you have been an excellent physician, and your reviews may be found online speak very well of you. In fact, it is most likely that Jungkook's spouse was the one who selected the doctors. After viewing your photo online, I am certain that he was most likely captivated by you. I am aware that this is how most of your patients find you."

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise as he said, "wow, because of my appearance and not my skill as a physician?"

"No, that's not what I am saying. I am saying-"

"Don't say anymore unless you want this couch to be your bed!"

*****

"My heart goes out to Seokjin; he has gone through a lot, and now he has to cope with everything else. He had contacted me earlier and said Jungkook had given him a ridiculous book with many clauses to sign. Did you work on it?" As Hoseok climbed into bed close to his husband, he asked the question.

"Anything I talk with you, you are not allowed to share with Seokjin," Taehyung said after taking off his glasses and closing the book he had been reading to give his whole attention to his husband.

In an instant, Hoseok shook his head and said, "Of course not."

Taehyung looked at Hoseok intently before heaving a sigh and said, "the agreement is a lot. Knowing Seokjin, he might not sign it, but I'm aware that Jungkook is quite particular about the things he wants. He does not readily lose his composure. On the other hand, taking into account Seokjin's mindset and the fact that he was able to preserve the home after Yoongi passed away, I believe that he has the potential to get a great deal more from Jungkook if he is smart.

To tell you the truth, he has more potential than Jungkook has. Co-parenting with Jungkook won't be a walk in the park for someone like Jin. If others find out about Seokjin, his life will be turned upside down. Jungkook is a well-known multi-billionaire. Because of this, his private life will be made available to the whole public, which is not something he would have chosen to happen under any other set of circumstances. He may use this to his advantage. In addition, the agreement has a clause that states if Jungkook ever needs to move to another country for work-related reasons, either temporarily or permanently, Jin will also be required to go. My opinion is that it was excessive, and Jin can rightfully argue against that.

Further, Jungkook stipulated that if living in separate houses became a nuisance for their child, Jin would be forced to move in with him. During the early years of their child's life, Jin will be required to accompany him on business travels. At the beginning of the agreement, he makes it abundantly clear that he does not want Jin to work. However, this is because he requires Jin to be flexible with his schedule and be there for their child. It's a lengthy contract, and I knew while working on it that Jin would not agree to half of it; I really hope he reads it.

If he decides to sign it, I would suggest he add one provision. It gives stability and is something to which Jungkook would not object since he desires an heir. It would be useful if Jin had an attorney analyze the documents."

Hoseok could not believe anything he was hearing; he attempted to preserve everything in his mind, but it was too much. "What would you suggest?"

"Hoseok, you can't say anything to Jin."

"I won't. Now, what would you recommend?"

Taehyung groaned, "If I were Jin's attorney, I would urge their child's inheritance to be placed in an untouchable trust until they are twenty years old. This implies if Jungkook remarries after this divorce is completed, which should be this week if all goes according to plan. Regardless of who he marries and whether they have a child, if anything happens to Jungkook, Seokjin and their child will not be unfortunate.

Also, Seokjin should request that Jungkook's twenty million dollars be given to him in annual installments. Jungkook is requesting that he not work, but he has imposed so many conditions on him that it is almost as if he has given him a job with perks but no salary. He does not want Jin to date; Jin may discuss the implications of this with him. If he hires a competent attorney, Jin has several options to discuss the contract with him."

"Wow, he should absolutely get one. Listen, I'm going to check if the kids are sleeping." As he rose from the bed, Hoseok said.

Taehyung stared at him, "Hoseok, do not tell Jin anything."

"You know me better than that, babe." As he took up his phone from the nightstand, Hoseok answered. "I shall return shortly. Wait, what type of trust did you say?"

"This is why I don't share anything with you," Taehyung shook his head.

"He is my best friend, and you're telling me I should let him sign away his life? He would never let that happen to me. He gave us the down payment for this house when we were both penniless and evicted from my parents' home when I became pregnant."

"Jungkook cannot know! and let's not forget, we won't own half the shit we do now and no more shopping for you if he finds out."

"I know, I know. Seokjin wouldn't say anything to him."

"Oh, if you really want to help him, tell him to ignore Jungkook for one week and keep the agreement. Do not respond to his calls or contact him in any way. Jungkook hates this. It might lead him to yield somewhat to Jin's demands."

Taehyung was greeted with a kiss from Hoseok, who had made his way back onto the bed. "I love you," he said. "Don't go to bed just yet because I will come back with a treat for you, but first, I have to call Jin."

While Taehyung's husband was leaving, Taehyung could only shake his head. He was aware that Jin did not respect him, but he thought many of the conditions Jungkook had included in the contract were unreasonable. When he was drafting the contract, he had the impression that he was working on a business deal, and this did not feel right to him for someone like Jin. He found Jin to be a challenging person, and he didn't approve of many of his habits, but at heart, he was a very caring guy who had always been there for his husband and their kids.

*****

Two weeks later

Seokjin's Pov:

It was the worst experience of my life to be pregnant. Nothing seemed to fit me anymore. Morning sickness was giving me a real kick in the rear end. This guy was driving me crazy. The only thing he continued to phone me about was the agreement. I wasn't through with the agreement just yet; Hoseok had proposed that I hold off on it for a week and not speak with him; however, I didn't even need to do that since it happened organically.

It took me a lot of time to read the agreement since it was so lengthy and tedious, and I had to strike out a lot of the mess as I went through it. However, I became ill in the middle of reading it. Since the previous week, I have not felt my best, and I have been throwing up constantly.

Since I failed to remember to seek a change of doctors, I would have to visit the physician today, even though I really didn't want to. I still needed to collect my thoughts on the case of suing this doctor. Because of everything that's going on in my life, it's possible that I ought to pursue a career in the legal profession.

After all, attorneys charge a lot of money. Google will undoubtedly be able to assist me in constructing my own argument. I refuse to pay so much money for legal advice, especially if most of them are like Taehyung, writing bullshit agreements.

As soon as I opened my front door, I immediately wanted to shut it again because he was there, dressed in his Thom Browne classic cut wool suit. Damn him for wearing my preferred luxury brand. Why did he come here?

"Your doctor's appointment is at nine; are you aware you're running late? I have been outside for fifteen minutes with no response to my call."

Great, he is going with me to the doctor.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention since I was too busy flushing down my food." As I went by him, I muttered that I did not have the strength to engage in conversation with him since he irritated me.

As I came into view with his car, I couldn't refute that he was a guy of impeccable taste; parked in my driveway was a sleek Mercedes-Benz that my eyes were quite pleased with.

As I moved around to the passenger side of the vehicle and got in, I grabbed my sunglasses out of my bag and put them on. I fastened my seatbelt; it caressed my body as I slid into the seat, and I closed my eyes while waiting for him to enter. I didn't want to hear a sound from anything and hoped he would be silent.

He got into the car, and I felt his eyes on me, but I did not open my eyes to look.

"Why have you been ignoring me?"

"Mr. Jeon, I don't want to be late for my appointment. Can you drive?"

"Seokjin, this behavior on your part is not acceptable under any circumstances. While you are carrying my child, I have a legal right to inquire about how you are feeling."

"I throw up all day, my clothes are too snug for me, and a very unpleasant guy is chasing me around."

As he drove out of my driveway, there was a brief pause in the conversation; I was relieved to discover that I could mute him.

"Why are you throwing up all day?"

Great, he talks again. "I don't know, Mr. Jeon; I didn't attend medical school."

"Did you attend any kind of school?"

Who is this fucker? "Excuse me? I went to school. Don't get the wrong idea about me—I'm not only gorgeous but also smart. I don't know what the fuck Taehyung has told you about me, but don't you dare make any judgments about me."

"You need not use profanity. When you do that, you have a less attractive appearance."

"Fuck you!"

"I am not comfortable with that happening."

"Not sure you would know how to." I snapped back at him; he was really annoying me.

Our trip accelerated, but he never responded to me. He knew better; I was right.

*****

I felt uncomfortable with this doctor touching me, but a deal was allegedly reached that excluded me.

The doctor seemed almost as uncomfortable as I was and kept apologizing. I'm not sure whether it was because I was pregnant, but he seemed to be pregnant as well. I didn't want to offend him by commenting to find out he wasn't.

"What's the gender?"

I turned and glared at Jungkook since his presence in the room served no purpose. His eyes were riveted to the screen as the doctor massaged ice on my stomach with a stick.

I glanced back at the doctor, anticipating his answer, as I wanted to know whether I would be shopping for a boy or a girl. However, I had already ordered several outfits, so they would wear what I had previously purchased, whether it was a boy or a girl. I had gotten a lot. Due to my sickness, I could not visit the malls as often as I would have liked, so I had to resort to online shopping, which was not the same. It was boring.

"Umm, Seokjin, were you ever on any fertility treatments before the insemination?"

Yes, I was. I wanted to increase the chances of getting pregnant; why was he asking? "Yes, why?"

"Okay, that helps. So, there are five little ones here."

I instantly laughed and said, "Okay, doctor, I know you're inept, but I need you to perform your job. I am not pregnant with five babies, so please find me another doctor if you can't perform your job."

"Seokjin, I apologize for my mistake, but I am one hundred percent certain that I am seeing five."

Fuck me.

"Three girls, two boys, to be exact."

"So you're saying this is why I'm always nauseous and throwing up?" five babies? What the fuck?

"You are nauseous and throwing up all day?"

"Yes, that has become the norm for me, and it's aggravating as hell. Also, I don't believe I am pregnant with five. Can you recount?" I would not be shocked if he could not count.

"I am concerned that you may have hyperemesis gravidarum, characterized by intense nausea and vomiting during pregnancy and is common when carrying multiple babies. We will need to monitor this."

My attention was diverted when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jungkook walking up to the screen and focusing on it. I had forgotten his presence. He was likely considering a new book for his attorney to write.

"Are you certain there are three girls and two boys? Not the other way around?" The question caused me to glare at him.

Was he fucking serious? Please let it be all fucking girls. Wait, no, scratch that.

"All right, I'll give you one of the boys because you wanted one. I will keep the remaining four. Deal?" I wanted nothing to do with this guy since he was bad news. I know he's got money, but he was troublesome.

"You want to keep my kids for yourself and give me one?" he glared at me. "Do you hear what you are saying?"

"I don't know since I said it. Therefore I didn't hear it. I am assuming you don't like the idea?"

"No, I do not. We are expecting five babies, and I will be equally involved in their lives. I just need to modify our agreement. Please give me a day to work on it."

Excellent, a new agreement; what's next, marrying him?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.8K 176 21
In which a single father (Yoongi) goes through hell just to get his life back on track - and a heartthrob student (Jungkook) thinks he can just waltz...
666 52 13
V, or Taehyung, gets a chance to relive his life in order to fix his relationship with his fellow members of BTS. But there's a twist. He can only li...
23.5K 2.5K 66
Hoseok's life was hell, total hell. And Yoongi was determined to change it. ⬆️ Yoongi ⬇️ Hoseok
136 8 3
A story about the burden of falling in love, when that love wasn't meant to be yours in the first place