π‘‡π‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘™π‘’π‘‘ π‘Šπ‘’π‘ ||π‘¨π’ŽοΏ½...

By tyragathers

"Should I try to hide, The way I feel inside, My heart for you? Would you say that you, Would try to love me... More

π‘†π‘¦π‘›π‘œπ‘π‘ π‘–π‘ 
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  𝑃𝑑 1
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  𝑃𝑑 2
1: He Was A Skater Boy
2: Fool me, Fool me, oh how you do me
3: F-R-I-E-N-D-S... We're just friends
4: You Belong With Me
5: Are We An Item... Girl Quit Playin'
6: I Put The Sing In Single
7: Can't Keep Making A Home Out Of You
8: I'll Bet She's Beautiful... That Girl He Talks About
9: Am I Crazy Or Falling In Love... Is It Really Just Another Crush
10: When Every Bit Of Hope Is Gone
11: And I Don't Want Your Pity... I Just Want Somebody Near Me
12: That Could Be Me
13: Ain't No Telling What We Could've Been
14: I Need A Hero... I'm Holding Out For A Hero Till The End Of The Night
15: Where Have All The Good Men Gone
16: Superman Got Nothing On Me
17: I Can Be Your Hero Baby... I Can Kiss Away The Pain
18: When It Comes To You I Lose My Control
19: My God I'm So Lonely... So I Open The Window
20: Why Do I Keep Running From The Truth... All I Ever Think About Is You
21: It's Like I Waited My Whole Life... For This One Night
22: Before It's Too Late
23: Lost Stars
24: Somebody That I Used To Know
Book 2
Quick Poll
Book 2 Characters
B2-1: What's Your Motive
B2-2: You've Got The Best Of My Love
B2-3: Doin' This, Doin' Love
B2-4: She Got A Little Drama With Her Friends
B2-5: Be My All Time, Be The Right One
B2-6: Just Say The Word, You Know I'm Yours
B2-7: Completely Enthralled By You
B2-8: You Ain't Innocent
B2-9: Love Spell
Extra For My Lovelies
B2-10: If My Girl Only Knew... That You Was Tryin'
B2-11: What Happens In The Club
B2-12: Holding Back
B2-13: Hard To Love
B2-14: I Hope She Don't Want To Leave Me
B2-15: You're Nowhere I Wanna Be
B2-16: If Only There Could Be Another Way To Do This
NOT AN UPDATE
B2-Part 17: Time
B2-Part 19: Blessing And A Curse
B2-20: Inevitable Death
B2-21: Still A Long Long Way To Go
B2-22: I Do
Book 3 Characters
B3-1: Me You And Nugget
B3-2: What's The Worst That Can Happen?
B3-3: Magicians, Dinosaurs, and Octopuses... Oh My!
B3-4: Talking Lizards, A Sand Man, and A Really Emotional Pregnant Lady

B2-Part 18: Oh Baby

1.6K 46 104
By tyragathers

"We were too close to the stars
I never knew somebody like you, somebody
Falling just as hard
I'd rather lose somebody than use somebody
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise (I sold my soul for you)
I see my reflection in your eyes."
~The Neighborhood

Get ready for a long chapter!! So excited to see how y'all like it!!

"Station, I need a 10-85. Send out additional units to the south-end corner of Duffy Square."

"Folks, could you step to the side?"

Mila hears an officer say as she squeezes through the crowd to the front. She holds onto the the straps of Peter's book bag as she watches a hooded figure mess with the cables under the square downtown.

"Everybody get out of the way! Get out of the way!" Police order.

"Sir, get your hands away from the cables right now! Sir, get your hands away from the cables!"

"Let me see your hands, please!"

"You stay right where you are!"

"Do not move!"

"Freeze! Get down! On the ground!"

"Get your ass down on the ground! Now!"

Mila frowns at the police as they yell at the figure that stands looking around confused. She wasn't sure this person knew where they were and what was happening so the police weren't making this any better.

Max starts to back away into the street and freezes hearing a truck beep loudly. He looks to his left and holds his hands out not realizing he was controlling the truck as he raises his hands up over his head. The truck lands on the other side of him as he looks down at his hands backing away.

Tons of police cars drive up and surround him as he looks around in fear.

"It's not my fault!"

Mila frowns as she realizes the voice sounds familiar to her. She gasps seeing the screens of New York show the figure. Gaping at the screen, she quickly bends under the tape and runs over to the police Captain that replaced her father.

"What the? Mila? You can't be here right now?"

Mila shakes her head frantically, "Don't hurt him. He doesn't know what's going on."

"Stacey-"

"No! Listen to me or you will be at fault for any injuries or death of your squad." The older man sighs before nodding, "Alright."

"Let me talk to him."

"Stace-"

"I know him! Please! He doesn't want to hurt anyone. He doesn't know what's happening to him right now."

"Stop please!"

"I'm gonna need for you to get down on the ground, now! For your own safety and the safety."

Max looks around and gazes incredulously at the screens around the city that all show himself.

"Sir! What do you want us to do?" One of the police look at the captain.

The Captain glances at Mila who gives him a pleading stare. He groans rubbing his forehead.

"Hold your fire and make way."

"They see me." Max mutters to himself, "You see me... You see me. They see me."

"Max..."

Max freezes slowly looking away from the screen as he hears a familiar voice.

"Hey Max..."

"Mila?" Max frowns, "I don't know what's happening."

Mila smiles sadly as she stands a couple feet from him, "I don't know either. But we can figure it out... just don't move okay?"

"I-I don't want to hurt anybody."

"I know... I know you don't. I told them that you don't, it's okay. They're just gonna take you away from all these people, that way everyone is safe..."

"Okay..."

Max reaches his hand out slowly to Mila just as a trainee cop throws a smoke bomb near Max.

Mila gasps holding her hands over her face, "No! No! Stop!"

Max flinches back watching the smoke bombs spark and fly off into the cop cars. He slowly walks towards Mila who was coughing with a frown.

"Mila..."

"On the ground now! Don't take another step towards her!"

Guns click as Max freezes.

"Don't do that. Please!"

"It's over, freak!"

Mila coughs waving her hands to the angry police, "Don't! You're making it worse!"

The Captain curses as he makes his way towards Mila. He knew his squad were trigger happy and he didn't want his old friends daughter to be in the middle of it.

"Mila back away from him."

"No! Don't do this." Another gun clicks, "Wait! It's not his fault."

Max mutterd shaking his head, "It's not my fault!"

Cops shout indistinctly as the Captain quickly grabs Mila's arm.

"Let go!"

"Stop..." Max mutters watching Mila get dragged away.

"Don't! You don't understand!"

"Stop..." Max says as two cops come out from behind their car doors.

"Let go!"

"I said stop!" Max yells out angrily as he accidentally holds out his hands.

Electricity shoots from his fingertips and hits the police cars as the men run away. The cars fly into the air and land on top of other cars on the street.

The Captain shields Mila's body as a car flies over to them. Before it can even touch them, Spider-Man stands holding it over his head.

"I'm glad you're not one of those cops that rides a horse."

The crowd cheers as they watch Spider-Man drop the car. Mila looks towards the Captain with an angry gaze.

"Your officers could've killed someone. He's not doing this on purpose. He doesn't know what he's doing. This isn't his fault... please."

The Captain pulls his radio up his mouth and sighs, "All team members, hold your fire and wait for my call.

Over the radio other cops hear, "All units, hold your fire! I repeat, hold your fire!"

Spider-Man pulls Mila up gently by the arm before pulling her away from the Captain, "What the hell do you think you're doing here?"

"I am helping."

"Clearly."

Mila scoffs peeking over at Max who was muttering to himself holding his head with a pained look on his face.

"I know him... this is important okay... please they can't hurt him."

Peter frowns watching her eyes tear up.

"I-I don't know what happened to him. He doesn't either. He doesn't know what's happening. Please just talk to him okay?"

Peter nods, "Okay."

Mila nods taking a deep breath.

"Go over there and don't move. Understood?"

Mila rolls her eyes and nods, "Fine."

Peter watches her walk away with a shake of his head before shooting out a web and swinging to sit on a nearby turned over cop car.

"Yo, Sparkles!"

Max turns to see Spider-Man.

"Hey, how you doing?"

"It's you?" Max says incredulously.

"Yeah, I know it's me..." Peter hops off the car and slowly makes his way over to Max, "Who are you?"

"You don't remember me?"

"No. Should I?"

"I walked into the street. The car almost hit me. You swooped me up... You saved me... You said you needed me."

Spider-Man nods as he watches Max take a step forward and the ground under him spark, "You're the guy with the blueprints."

"Yes. Blueprints."

Spider-Man looks behind him at a group of people on stairs all looking scared. Peter realizes they would all get electrocuted if Max came close enough and they were touching anything metal.

Turning back to Max, Peter nods, "Yes, I remember you. Of course I remember you. You're my eyes and ears... Uh, what's your name again?"

Max frowns, "How could you forget me?"

"I do, I know it, I know it, don't tell me."

"It's Max."

Peter waves his hands laughing, "Is it Max?"

Max nods with a relieved smile, "Yes."

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you with the... You look different. How are you?"

"I don't know what's going on with me. I can see that. I can..."

"I believe you."

"It's strange, the power I feel. I got so much... I got so much anger."

"I can see that. I can see you don't wanna be here and you're scared. I see you don't know what's happening to you. I can see you don't want to hurt anybody. And your friend over there..." Spider-Man points over to Mila who was standing by the Captain looking at Max with a fearful worried look, "Mila?"

Max nods, "Yes."

"She doesn't want you to get hurt. Or to hurt anyone else. Right?"

Max gulps lightly before nodding.

"She cares about you a lot, Max. It's gonna be all right, okay?"

A sniper on a balcony nearby speaks into his radio as he looks down at the scene, "Got a clear shot. Standing by."

"I don't want them shooting me anymore." Max frowns.

Spider-Man nods, "They won't."

Peter turns to the police and points to Max, "You guys. This is my buddy, Max. I told you about Max... No one shoots at Max!"

Turning back to Max, Spider-Man sighs, "You and me, okay? It's just you and me talking."

Max nods and takes a step forward causing a few sparks to explode.

"Whoa, whoa. Stay right there. Just be careful. The grate, because of the electricity."

"I just... I just wanted everyone to see me."

Mila is so intensely paying attention to Peter and Max that she doesn't notice the Captain looking at her sadly.

He wanted to listen to Mila. And wanted to take the guy in without harming him. But there was no way this guys wouldn't hurt civilians. He couldn't take that risk.

Holding his radio up to his mouth he whispers, "He makes another move, take that shot."

"How about you come with me? We'll go talk. Away from all these people, okay?"

"Yeah, yes."

Max takes a step back and flinches as he steps in a puddle. A spark shoots out making him jerk away. Just as he looks up, he is shot at from the sniper who was hiding in a balcony nearby one of the big screens in the city.

"No! No! Stop!" Spider-Man yells out then curses as the sniper shoots rapidly.

Spider-Man shoots out a web to grab Max's arm but instead it shoots himself back into a police car. He sits on the ground groaning while poking at his now fried web shooter.

"Max no!" Mila yells out as he holds his hands out to the balcony and shoots electricity out his fingertips.

The balcony and screen explodes as the police jumps down onto the ground. The screen begins to fall just as Spider-Man shoots out a web and pulls the police officer out of harms way.

The crowd cheers and chants while the screens change from Max to Spider-Man, "Spidey, Spidey, Spidey!"

"You stupid freak!"

The crowd begins booing and shouting as Max looks around sadly.

"Electro dummy!"

Mila tries to go forward but is caught by the Captain. He holds onto her as she fights against him.

"Let go! You asshole! You lied to me! You said you wouldn't hurt him!"

Max looks over at a distraught Mila and starts to get angry.

"Stop it! You're making everything worse!

Max shakes his head as thoughts run in his mind.

'He lied to me... He shot at me...'

"Get out of here, you freak!"

"Shut up!" Max shouts as m whispering continues on his head.

'Fragility... Electricity... You're so selfish.'

Spider-Man looks at the betrayal on Max's face and holds his hands up slowly as he begins to walk forward, "Stay with me, Max."

"You set me up."

"No, I didn't set you up."

"You lied to me!"

"No, I'm trying to help you."

"Let me help you."

Max drops to his knees and grabs a grate ripping it off he sticks his hands inside grabbing the cables, feeling more power run through his veins. Shooting out his hands, electricity hits a police car flying towards Spider-Man. He backflips and shoots out a web using one web shooter. The web goes into multiple directions making a net to catch the car as it stops from hitting an older man on the bottom of the stairs behind him. As electricity shoots from the ground to the rails on the stairs, Spider-Man quickly shoots out webs catching two people's hands before they touched the metal. As Spider-Man does a superhero landing at the top of the stairs, the crowd cheers loudly.

"Oh this isn't good... this isn't good at all..." Mila mumbles to herself as she watches Max get angrier.

"It's my birthday. Now it's time for me to light my candles."

Max looks at his sparkling hands and then at Spider-Man. Her shoots out to the stairs and causes an explosion as Spider-Man swings away. Shooting a web to the hydrant, Spider-Man rips it out the ground and swings it around towards Max. Max leans back as it misses him and shoots out electricity towards Spider-Man. Peter flies off into a bus stop as the hydrant flies and hits Max making him fly off into a screen.

'They shot at me... They hate on me...They're using me... Afraid of me... They're dead to me...'

Max looks down as everyone runs and screams. He tilts his head looking at the cables surrounding him before attaching them to his chest. He yells out as more power runs through him and the whole city goes black.

'They lied to me... They shot at me... They hate on me... They're dead to me.'

The city is now running, screaming as Max chuckles causing explosions all around. Mila flinches as boards fall everywhere. Cars fly into the air as people try to run and duck. The area was almost clear of people as she quickly makes her way closer to Max ducking from falling beams and broken flying glass.

"Do we have visual on Spider-Man? Does anyone have visual on Spider-Man?" An officer says just before Max shoots down and the car he was hiding in explodes. The police backs away as Max glares down at him.

"Max!"

Looking down away from the officer, Max looks at Mila and frowns. The officer quickly runs away as Mila inwardly curses him.

'Coward.'

"Mila..."

"Max don't do this..."

Max frowns shaking his head, "He lied to me. Spider-Man lied..."

"He didn't mean to, Max."

'She's going to turn on you too... she doesn't want to help you.' Max shakes his head as voices whisper to him.

"No she does want to help." Max mutters to himself.

Mila hears him and frowns, "I do. I'm not trying to hurt you. I don't want anything to happen to you. But you have to stop."

'She wants us to be weak. She doesn't care about us. She's friends with Spider-Man. And he lied to us.'

"You don't care about me." Max glares.

"I do care, Max. Please..."

'She wants us dead. She wants us taken away.'

Max looks down at her and raises a hand, "You want me dead."

"What? No!"

"Y-you you made them do this. Made them shoot at me."

Mila shakes her head tearing up as she takes a step, "What?"

"Are you scared of me?..."

"Max."

"You should be."

Just as sparks begin to fly from his fingertips towards Mila, Max let's out a pained grunt as water hits him.

Spider-Man holds a fire truck hose as him and three other firefighters hose down Max.

"Okay. All right, that's enough. All right."

As Max lays on the ground coughing, Spider-Man holds up a hand high-fiving one firefighter.

"Mike."

"Yeah."

"Big John."

"Nice job."

"Nice work, fellas." The hose turns off as Spider-Man moves away tilting his hat down, "It's a pleasure doing business with you."

Mila runs up and starts slapping Spider-Man anywhere she could, "You cocky asshole. You couldn't have done that twenty minutes ago?"

"Ow. Would you stop."

"No!"

Mila and Peter stand staring at each other as a screen falls behind him. Neither flinch or move as others let out a shriek.

"We need to talk."

Mila shrugs, "What about Spider-Man?"

Peter frowns looking down at his hands forgetting that quickly that he was his in other identity fit.

"Oh damn it."

Nearby a news anchor stands with two teens, "Our coverage of this breaking story begins with New York 1's Jessica Abo at the scene."

"That's right. We're standing here with two eyewitnesses who are going to tell us what they just saw. Tell us, how do you think Spider-Man did it? How do you think he beat this creature?"

"Yeah, it's gotta be rubberized, Spidey's suit. That's why he didn't get electrocuted."

"Probably some kind of neoprene. That's what I'd use."

Jessica nods, "Thank you very much to the two of you."

The teens nods and run over to Spider-Man asking for his autograph as Mila stands with her arms crossed over her chest. Peter nods over to her as she smiles sarcastically.

"Also live we have first hand coverage of the mystery girl that seems to be Spider-Man's damsel in distress. She has been seen around Spidey many times throughout the years and tonight she was seen trying to decline the fight between the Electro man and Spiderman."

The camera turns to Mila who was looking at Spider-Man shaking her head. The two teens run off allowing Spider-Man to step closer to Mila. Feeling eyes on them, Peter glances to his left and sees a news team with a camera on him and Mila.

"Oh shit..."

"What?" Mila glances over her shoulder and stares widely at the camera before quickly turning around, "Oh man..."

"Great. Let's go before they ask for your autograph."

Mila slaps his arm and scoffs, "Don't be jealous."

Peter quickly grabs Mila's waist and shoots a web swinging them away from the cheering crowd. By now every definitely knew who Mila was. She had been saved by Spider-Man way too many times. But hopefully no one would connect her with Peter.

Jessica the news lady grins as the camera turns back to her, "We just had a small exclusive of Spider-Man with his Spider-girl as many have put it. Still no idea who she is, but we can come to the conclusion that this power couple have saved many lives tonight. There's still so many questions remain unanswered. We will bring you the latest information as it becomes available. For now, Jessica Abo, New York 1. Let's send it back to you."

...

Mila sighs as she walks into her apartment. She quickly runs up the stairs and unlocks her front door. The apartment was quiet meaning Blair and Cora were nowhere to be found. Waving her arm behind her, Peter quickly runs inside and walks straight to her room.

Pulling his mask off as she closes her blinds, Peter then takes a step forward just as she turns around. Mila freezes as she realizes she is face to face with Peter. They were only a few inches away from one another as their chests touched. Peter hands lightly grip her waist as she takes in a shaky breath.

"Peter..."

Mila's eyes flicker closed as they both lean closer and closer. Their lips hover over one another, lightly grazing only needing one of the two to add enough pressure to call it a kiss.

"Mila Rory Stacey!"

The two jump away then look at the open door with wide eyes. Peter quickly shoots out a web, slamming the door closed just as Blair comes down the hall.

"Mila! Open up now!"

Mila curses looking around for a place for Peter to hide. Groaning she shrugs and points to the closet. Peter raises an eyebrow as if saying really?

Mila glares at him making him hold his hands up and back away into the closet. Closing the door, Mila then walks to her bedroom door and opens it. Just as it swings open, Blair comes speeding inside.

"Blai-"

"You hush."

"Okay..."

Jetting past Mila, Blair goes straight to the closet and smiles at Peter who looks at her incredulously.

"She's gotta be a spy."

"The best darn spy around. Now both of you sit down."

Peter steps out and sits on Mila's bed as she sits beside him. Mila was wondering how the heck Blair wasn't freaking out to Peter wearing his Spider-Man outfit. Or how Peter wasn't freaking out knowing that Blair now knows.

Seeing Mila's confused stare, Peter shrugs, "She knows."

Mila's mouth drops before she slaps his arm, "And you just let me freak out and hide you to make us look more suspicious."

Peter shrugs once more.

Blair rolls her eyes before slapping Peter. Mila gasps as Peter frowns confused.

"I'm sorry what was that for?"

Mila nods, "Yeah what the hell, Blair?"

"Oh right I forgot." Blair says before slapping Mila.

Mila gapes at her before shrugging with a light chuckle, "Equality-"

"Don't make a joke." Blair glares playfully.

"Sorry mom."

"What the hell is wrong with you two? If you don't want anyone to know about Petey boys secret identity then you guys are doing a shit job at hiding it."

"Wait what was the slap for?"

Blair shrugs, "For not telling me."

Mila furrows her eyebrows in question before shaking her head, "I'm not even going to try and make sense of anything that just happened."

"Look sorry for slapping you both but you two need to snap out of it. I realized that the only reason you two broke up is to keep this psycho girl from getting hurt. But she's too stubborn to not help you Peter. It's a lose lose situation. One of you are going to have to do something different. Either Mila you actually stay away and stop putting yourself in danger-"

"Eh..."

Blair rolls her eyes pointing at her, "You know you sometimes put yourself in danger. What did you do tonight?"

Mila opens her mouth then closes it nodding.

"Yeah exactly. And you mister! You can't just push away someone you love who loves you just because you wanna save the world. You can still be Spider-Man while being in love with Mila. Clark Kent managed to live two lives. Ever saw the show Lois and Clark?"

"I'm not sure that's a good ex-"

"No no... no no." Blair stops Peter from speaking.

Peter nods with a small smile, "Sorry... continue."

"You two are meant for each other. You can make this work. But something has to give. Now talk out your issues or so help me I will be your next villain."

Blair stomps put the room making Mila and Peter smile softly. They glance over at one another before looking down at their hands.

Peter frowns as he glances over at Mila, "I know that everything has gone..."

"To complete shit?"

"Pretty much..."

Mila nods while looking towards her bathroom. She takes in a deep breath as she closes her eyes.

"Peter..."

"Mila?"

"I still have something to tell you."

Peter glances over at her in confusion, "England wasn't it?"

She shakes her head making him sit up straight.

"Okay? What's wrong..."

Mila grabs his hand and walks to her bathroom pulling him along. Peter stands watching her reach under her sink inside the cabinet. She pulls out a box and wraps it in a bag before placing it in his hands.

"Look at that. Not now. I don't think I'm able to see how you react. I can't... so go home and you look at that. Then talk to me... okay?"

Peter looks up at her worried face and frowns. He brings his hand to caress her cheek as she closes her eyes biting lip.

"Okay."

...

The next day, Peter stands in his bathroom looking down at what Mila gave him with a shocked face. A small smile forms before it falls as his eyes catch his suit on his bed in the mirror.

Gulping, Peter picks up his phone from the counter. As he unlocks it and goes to his contacts, his phone rings.

Frowning in confusion he looks at the name then picks up.

"Pete. It's me."

"Hey, Harry. What...?"

"I've been up all night. I need to see you."

"You all right?" Peter frowns.

"Not really, Pete. I'm dying. But I think you can help save my life."

...

"Hey Peter."

Cora smiles as Peter walks inside Oscorp. She sits at the front desk down stairs as he comes closer to her.

"Hey. I didn't know you worked here?"

"Just helping out until Harry can find someone. So many scientists yet no receptionist."

Peter nods with a smile, "So did Harry tell you?"

"About you meeting with him? Yes. This is for you." She hands him a card, "I have to stay here but take that card to get through the entrance here. And go to the elevator, take it to the top floor and Harry's assistant should be there to guide you to his office."

Peter nods, "Thanks Cora."

"Sure thing."

Peter follows Cora instructions. As he steps off the elevator, he frowns looking at the empty desk. Sighing he looks around for Harry's assistant.

After a minute, he continues down the corridor and walks to Harry's office. As he stands in-front of the door, it slides open making everyone look at him.

"Sorry your assistant wasn't there. So I let myself in."

Harry nods, "That's alright. She just went to grab me a coffee."

Peter looks at the man in robotic armor before glancing over at two scientists behind him. Harry tosses a stress ball in his hand as he smiles nodding to the armor.

"Righteous huh? It's a new military body armor prototype. Check it out."

The man in the armor punches forward as Harry chuckles bouncing the ball. The man turns around and flexes as the gears move around.

"Oh man that's amazing joint flexibility... what are you using... a motor..."

"Nah it's electrically conducted nanofibers. Any field injury or broken leg, gunshot wound... the suit pretty much does the walking for you while it heals your body."

Peter nods with a face of awe. Harry laughs nodding to the man and scientists.

"Thank you."

"Hey man you look great in that. Suits you nice." Peter moves back as the man leaves the room.

The scientists leave as Harry pushes a button turning the windows to privacy glass.

"What do you think?" Harry bounces the ball off the glass, "View of my very own power plant... am I lucky or what?"

"Harry I got your-"

Peter feels a tingle as he recognizes the voice behind him. Harry turns distracted by the voice as his hand throws the ball and it bounces hitting the vase on his desk.

Mila steps down beside Peter just as a the ball flies towards her face. Peter effortlessly reaches out and catches it before it comes too close to her. Mila hoped that Harry hadn't noticed that she didn't even flinch. But as she sees the confused look on his face, she knew he took note of it.

"Caught it..." Peter smiles awkwardly as Mila glances over at him frowning, "Careful Har..."

Peter tosses it back to Harry who looks at Mila apologetically.

Mila smiles with a light nod, "Nice catch, Petey boy."

Peter smiles at her then looks at Harry who was now looking in between the two.

"No problem."

Mila walks over to Harry and places the coffee on his desk.

As she is about to clean up the glass, Harry steps forward, "You don't have to do that right now."

Mila glances down at his trembling hand and frowns, "You okay, Harry?"

Harry smiles trying to keep up a facade of being okay but he knew she could see through it.

"I just need a moment with my friend."

"Sure."

Mila walks away and as she passes Peter she whispers, "Stay out of trouble."

"Yeah you too."

She rolls her eyes as the door closes behind her.

Peter looks up at Harry smiling nervously, "She's your assistant?"

...

After Mila leaves Harry's office, she decides to do some research on Max. She didn't know what happened to him, how he got powers, and where he was now. She felt like it was being covered up.

Getting off the elevator she quickly walks through the desks as everyone works unbothered. She looks around before sitting at Max's desk scoping out information secretly. As she looks at videos and clips on the computer screen, something she sees out the corner of her eye distracts her.

A picture. The same picture she had found in her moms old memory box, that she personally hadn't looked at in years. For some reason she got the feel that she needed to look through it a few days ago. And now she knew why.

When looking at the picture, Mila's eyes tear up as she looks at a younger Max standing with her mother.

"What is secretly doing here?"

Mila hears someone whisper as her head shoots up. She quickly stands up as she sees security hurrying over to her. Acting like she couldn't hear anything, Mila starts to speed walk through desks.

"Hey! Miss Stacy!"

Peter stands in the elevator and frowns as something catches his eye. He tilts his head in confusion before pressing the button to get off on the current floor.

Mila hurries through hallways as security starts to catch up with her. She looks behind her and as she turns around she trips over her own foot. Before she can blink, she is caught and held up straight.

"Hi..." She smiles with a dazed look as Peter looks down at her in concern.

"Hi? Who are you running from?"

"Miss Stacey!"

"Oh shit... I um... Come here."

Mila grabs Peter's arm and pulls him into a room nearby just as security runs past.

"She's not here."

"Check another floor."

"Got it."

"Yes, sir!"

Peter frowns looking at Mila's frantic eyes as she peeks over at him, "You're in trouble."

"Yeah."

"Who's that guy?"

"There was an accident in the genomics lab, and they're covering it up. And I found out. That guy... Max... from Times Square last night? I met him, I know him. He was an electrical engineer in the building. And he loved Spider-Man, by the way. He was, like, a fanatic."

"I didn't get love vibes. I got more of a 'want to kill me with his electricity' vibe."

Mila chuckles nodding, "That's actually kind of what it's like to love you."

Peter rolls his eyes at her teasing, "Oh wow really?"

"Anyways so... I was searching for him in the computer and all the files, he's erased."

"My God."

"He's completely erased."

"That's Oscorp."

Mila nods and then frowns looking up at him, "And what about you? Why are you here?"

"Harry."

"I know that. Harry told me you might be here. Why though?"

"He's dying."

"What?"

"He's dying... And he thinks the only thing that's gonna save his life is my blood, is Spider-Man's blood. And as far as I know, if I give it to him, it could kill him."

"Or something worse." Mila frowns.

"I know."

Mila glances at Peter's lips before looking out the slots of the door. Peter catches her gaze and smiles, chuckling to himself.

"What?"

"This is the maintenance closet, Mila."

Mila frowns, "Well..."

"This is the most cliche hiding place you could've chosen, Ror. This is the stupidest hiding place."

"Wow well you know what." Mila pokes his chest taking a step closer to him, "I'm sorry, I didn't take us to the Bahamas of hiding places, Peter."

The tension in room is so high that they could hear one another's heartbeat. Mila glances at his lips once more as he looks down at her.

"Listen I gotta talk to you about England, I guess, because I don't..."

"Okay..."

"A-and... the baby..."

As Mila's eyes connect with his, Peter doesn't hold himself back anymore. Transfixed, his thoughts were silenced by her taste as if taking an adrenaline shot, as if her lips sunk in a perfect fit against his.

His lips crushed on hers unrestrained, he cupped her face with both hands as her fingers slid along the sculpted forearms. Their lips move against one another and just as her lips part, Peter pulls away.

Mila was breathless and dazed, unprepared for all of this. Her body ached for more than just kisses and touching—for more of him. And his entire being ached for her.

"You just kissed me."

Peter's hands caresses her face as he looks down at her with so much emotion it made his heart hurt.

"I know, I'm sorry. I couldn't help it...How'd you like it?"

Mila bites her lips not looking away from him, "It felt a little bit rushed."

"I know, I know."

There wasn't a moment of hesitation, as he leans forward once more. His mouth was on hers as she shudders. He lets out a low sound from the back of his throat, half growl, half moan. Little shivers of pleasure shoot through Mila as he deepened the kiss.

Mila pushes off the wall, sealing the tiny space between them, pressing against him, digging her fingers into his hair.

Nothing else made her feel this way. The way she felt about him... it scared her. She couldn't live without him.

Peter pulls away from the kiss once more making Mila pout. He pecks her lips, rubbing his thumbs down her cheeks before kissing her forehead and moving away.

"This is the plan. You get to the elevator. I'm gonna distract him, okay?"

"Okay." Mila nods glancing down at her hands.

"I'll call you later okay?"

"Yeah."

"Alright go."

Mila quickly opens the closet door and makes her way to the elevator as she hears the security coming down the hall.

"There she is!"

Peter slyly shoots a web and attaches it to a mug on a cart that someone rolls past him as he leans on the wall by the elevators. Mila presses the button waiting for it to open as Peter takes a step forward running into one of the security guards.

"Ooh! God! Damn it!"

"I'm so..." Peter wipes down the guys shirt that was now covered in hot coffee before bending down quickly tying his shoe laces together, "I just spilled a hot latte all over your..."

The second guard trips over Peter's leg and then falls into the cart in front of them.

"I didn't mean to do that. Oh, no!" Quickly standing back up, Peter raises the cup behind him and splashed the reminder of the coffee into the third security's face.

"Ah! God!"

"And you too? I'm sorry." Peter starts to take off the first security's jacket as he frowns pointing at Mila who smiles.

"Miss! Stay right there!"

"Sir wait, wait, wait." Peter grabs the security arm apologizing as Mila steps into the elevator.

"Just stay right..."

The second guard finally gets out of the trap he had been caught in the cart and him and the third guard quickly run towards the elevator doors, but curse as they shut.

"Hey! Stop!"

Peter places the jacket over the first guard's arms backwards then hands him the mug and pats his back making him walk forward and fall.

"All right. On your way... I'm sorry. I'm all thumbs today."

Peter chuckles shaking his head as he jumps up and taps his feet together in the air.

NOTE: Blair did not slap either of them hard 😂 it was a playful friendly slap. If you've seen outerbanks it was kind of like when Kie and John B slapped each other.

ANYWAYS HOW DID YALL LIKE THIS CHAPTER?!

Max?! 🥺😭😩

Annoying police officers who never listen. They are always like that in big action scenes of a good movie. I'm always yelling at my tv screen like, 'this wouldn't have happened if you would've just not!'

Mila and Peter 🥹💛

What did you guys like most about this chapter?

Future predictions?

Any special requests...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81 5 8
Adult rated- Read list of warnings at the bottom Multi Fandom: Spider-Man: Spider-Verse (Sony Animated Movies) and the Amazing Spiderman (Sony). Occa...
9.2K 224 58
{Webbed Lies ~ Book 2} Jocelyn Evans and Peter Parker have quite a complicated friendship. Ever since the truth came out about each others secret he...
11.5K 334 12
This story was accidentally deleted so I'm not copying as you can see I'm to same person My name is y/n y/l/n and peter (Andrew peter) have been frie...
237K 4.8K 34
~HIGHEST RANKING: #1Michelle, #1Ship, #1MichelleJones, #1Peterandmichelle #1Spideychelle #1PeterandMJ~ Michelle Jones likes books, doesn't wear makeu...