Can't I go back to being ordi...

By Horikemo

Y/n is a pretty ordinary guy he's only 21 so not too old, yeah he's one of the most popular youtubers and str... More

Introductions/Info
Chapter 1 - humble beginnings
Chapter 2 - welcome to hololive !
Chapter 3 - lets meet more friends
Chapter 4 - there's still more !?
Chapter 5 - stargazing revelation
Chapter 6 - a month worth of memories
Chapter 7 - the decision
Chapter 8 - a love what ?
Chapter 9 - confession, confrontation and a collab !?
Chapter 10 - when voices clash
Chapter 11 - it's about "Time"
Chapter 13 - bowlin' up a storm
Chapter 14 - trust for the wrong person
Chapter 15 - stage fright
Chapter 16 - bad timing
Chapter 17 - just what are you up to ?
Chapter 18 - the banquets uninvited guest
Chapter 19 - the truth is hard to swallow
Chapter 20 - what is a "savior" ?
Chapter 21 - let's get rid of those shackles
Chapter 22 - always by your side...
Chapter 23 - from me... to me
Chapter 24 - final dance
END - the person I love is...
??? - it's elementary, my dear.
Closing thoughts - Horikemo ranting !
Bonus - it always was just an act after all
Bonus 2 - ...wait we're still continuing this show ?
25k reader special - QNA !

Chapter 12 - a date it is, but why ?

1.9K 40 113
By Horikemo

Horikemo: "Ah, hello hololovers, how have you been, anything exciting happened recently ?"

Horikemo: "I'm sure you did something fun or at least so I can hope, altough I don't wanna keep you here for too long, since I'm sure it'd be more interesting to get into the chapter sooner !"

Horikemo: "So with that said, I shall be bringing out the item of the day for our lovely room !"

Horikemo seems to be struggling to pick something up from the table, until he finally manages to and it's revealed to be the exact same axe Suisei owns.

Horikemo: "You won't believe how heavy this thing is..."

Horikemo: "This isn't even the real deal, I can't imagine how strong Suisei is to wield this thing casually and then even play around with it like it's a toy !"

Horikemo: "Well, I suppose I should hang this up... well later that is-"

Horikemo: "For now, I wanna wish you a great day already and remember to stay hydrated, get comfortable and I hope you like reading this chapter as much as I did writing it, enjoy !"

*POV Y/n:*

Looking outside to my left, I watch the sunset while smiling, thinking to myself about how lucky I am to enjoy a moment such as this.

Y/n: "Hey I've been meaning to ask you something Ayame."

I look straight ahead at her, she's wearing casual clothing other than all the other times I had met her, something more suited to a first date, well that is what this is.

Ayame: "What is it Y/n ?"

Ayame looks back at me and meets my eyes, unable to not chuckle at the situation I do exactly that.

Y/n: "So, do you like uhh... wanna go out with me or somethin' maybe ?"

She sits there frozen in front of me as if she didn't hear me at first and then suddenly stands up, all the while her face keeps getting more and more red.

Ayame: "I-I'M SORRY WHA-"

*Everything fades to white as only Y/n stands before you, most likely going to explain something*

Y/n: "Yup, that's me, I'm sure you're wondering how I got into this situation."

Y/n: "Haha, well, it all began whe-"

Baelz: "OI, STOP BREAKING THE 4TH WALL Y/N !"

Y/n: "Oh shit, NO TIME TO EXPLAIN, GOTTA BLAST !"

Tatemoyo: "RUN MASTER, YA BETTER RUN FASTER THAN THAT FUCKING RAT !"

Y/n: "I KNOW THAT DUMBASS NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP-"

Baelz: "GET BACK HERE YOU *bleep* !"

Baelz: "Wait a second... since when did we censor swears !?"

Baelz: "Like *bleep* and *bleep* YOU HAVE TO BE *bleep*ING KIDDING ME !"

Baelz: "THE 4TH WALL MAY BE BROKEN BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO *bleep*ING CENSOR ALL OF THE SWEARS, LIKE WHAT THE *bleep* IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU DENSE *bleep* *bleep*ING LIMITING ME TO WORDS LIKE *bleep*"

Baelz: "NOT EVEN *bleep* IS ALLOWED, HOW SENSITIVE CAN YOU BE !?"

Baelz: "*bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*"

Baelz: "..."

Baelz: "Guess now I gotta repair the tear in the 4th wall, maybe that'll fix this..."

Baelz: "Imma call a profes', I'm not risking making the tear even worse than it is."

Baelz: "Yeah, yeah it's me again Timothy."

Baelz: "Yes, I know, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again, now can ya please hurry and come over here already !?"

Baelz: "Ya will be able to make it in 20 ?"

Baelz: "Alright and how much did it cost again ?"

Baelz: "..."

Baelz: "YA HAVE TO BE KIDDIN' RIGHT !?"

Baelz: "NO WAY I WILL PAY THAT BLOODY PRICE, YA CAN SHOVE THAT MUCH MONEY UP YA ARSE !"

Baelz: "*sigh* Look, I'm not tryna get mad at ya, but ya have to understand THAT is simply WAY too much !"

Baelz: "Look, look, Imma just fix it myself, ya broke ass can find some more gullible person to pay that price my guy !"

Baelz: "Wait... WHY CAN I SWEAR AGAIN, HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE, WHY ARE THE GODS OR WHATEVER WAS DOING THIS SO *bleep*ING CRUEL !?"

Baelz: "YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDIN' ME !!"

*cough cough and now in Y/n's proper POV again:*

Getting up from my bed I barely find the motivation to do exactly that, but a certain someone won't give me a moment of peace.

Tatemoyo: "Good mornin' master !"

Y/n: "Call me Y/n or I swear to chaos, I will make your life insufferable by playing 'never gonna give you up' 24/7 with some expensive as fuck speakers."

Tatemoyo: "...Ya don't have the balls to."

Y/n: "Is that a dare or a bet, cause either way you can bet your sweet non existent ass I win it."

After doing my usual morning routine I find myself in front of the mirror, just staring at myself, I'm wearing my usual clothing, but somethings off...

Y/n: "For chaos's sake, I look like shit today, how did I get THAT bad eye bags...?"

Sighing I alking into my kitchen I find Kazo sleeping on the floor next to his bowl, I already poured him food earlier so there's no need to do that again, but instead this time I head over to the fridge to make myself breakfast.

'I should probably go back to sleep later, but then again I should also stream today and there's just so much I have to do...'

Opening the fridge I see a familiar face, well the only one I could possibly expect in a fridge that is.

Baelz: "Heya Y/n, how have ya bee-"

Her eyes widen and she just stands there smiling wide, yet not moving even a inch.

Y/n: "How did you even manage to get inside my fridge, I literally had only just filled it up... wait you didn't get rid of everything right !?"

Like she's ignoring what I said she grabs my right hands wrist and drags me over to the bedroom.

Y/n: "How bold of you to assume I'd commit beastiality, wait is fucking a demi-human considered beastiality, since it technically would imply... you know what I would say here, a animal, which they aren't technically though, since they only have some features of said animal, right ?"

Y/n: "But most importantly, I do not wish to fuck a rat, most importantly you, well at this time, maybe if we get to know each other better, drink a bit, you know, everyone looks a thousand times better when drunk-"

Not getting to answer I get literally thrown onto my bed as Baelz takes out her phone, where she pulled it out from I do not know, nor do I decide to question it, seeing as she has all kinds of powers.

Baelz: "Look, ya are gonna go and fucking sleep more as I set ya up a date with someone I think ya will like, aight, does that sound good ?"

Y/n: "...Do I have to say in this ?"

Baelz: "Hahahaha, no."

Y/n: "Wow, you're acting more like a mother than Mio, look at you go, I'm sure she would be proud right about now."

Baelz: "Shaddup and go to sleep already, I don't want ya to ruin the surprise !"

Y/n: "I don't trust this, but fine, fine... I'll go ahead and listen to you just this once, one reason being cause you're kind of like my sensei and the second one being cause I'm fucking tired."

'I know I'm going to regret this A LOT, but I seriously need this right now...'

'Plus, what's the worst that could happen anyways, I get forced into dating someone, marrying someone ?'

'Pff, that only happens in fiction and such... right ?'

Desperately trying to stop the thoughts in my head I close my eyes in a attempt to sleep, this soon succeeding.

*Time skip to when Y/n wakes up*

Slowly opening my eyes I don't notice anything strange so far, but something... feels odd, looking around porperly I can say the same again, still nothing strange.

Y/n: "Hey Yametemoyo, you there ?"

Waiting for a moment I get no response, so I sigh as I realize I'm standing beside my bed, facing towards it.

'Did I sleep walk ?'

'Wait... have I ever even sleep walked in my life !?'

'And how... how did I sleep for AN ENTIRE DAY !?'

'You know what, forget it, I should probably prepare mentally and physically for whatever Baelz has in store for me.'

Yawning I proceed to do my usual morning routine, no oddities can be found in this, other than that I feel a little more tired than usual, but still not as bad as yesterday.

Y/n: "Well, if you're not going to say anything I'm gonna go ahead and head into the kitchen again or do you have something to say person in my head ?"

Again waiting, I still get no response making me slightly worried.

Y/n: "Alright then, I hope you answer me soon again, although it's nice not having someone tell me obvious things and giving off snarky comments."

'Even when trying to provoke him with something such as that I get no response, huh ?'

Sighing I open the door and head over to the fridge, expecting Baelz to be in it again, but to my surprise when I open it there was no rat to be found.

'Huh, guess I was wrong, which is surprising seeing as almost every time I had met her before she was in a fridge... for some reason that is.'

'Okay, now I have to address... WHY A FRIDGE OF ALL THINGS !?'

'I guess you could cool down on a hot day and it's a place very few people, IF anyone has open 24/7 being stared at, so eventually you could find yourself going there at least as someone like Baelz, then again most people have one, meaning you could enter most peoples homes and such.'

'...WHY AM I HAVING A GENUINE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT CHAOS DAMN IT !'

Closing the fridge I realize I haven't checked my phone or taken it with me, beginning to walk back to where I had just been before I quickly find my phone and pick it up, unlocking it I see multiple messages, some from people saved as "Ayame" and "The one and only rat pahahaha!".

'Yeah, I did NOT give that many people in hololive my number, in fact I barely gave anyone it now that I think about it, but my dumb guess is that Ayame, is well Ayame, and "the one and only rat" is most likely Baelz, cause who else would save their name in my phone as THAT, also who even would unlock my phone to save their number like that... other than maybe Rushia.'

Checking the messages from Baelz first I see that she wrote A LOT, most likely explaining what will happen today, deciding to read these later I click out and check the messages Ayame left me, in the hopes it'd be less.

Y/n: "Huh, says here-"

???: "Boo."

Shrieking up I barely manage to hold onto my phone, I sigh and then turn around just to see who decided to scare me.

'Wait, why did I even say that part out loud earlier, there was literally no reason-'

'Oh wait, no Yametemoyo wouldn't have been able to... wait no he could've, what am I even saying anymore... just, how sleep deprived am I ?

Y/n: "Yep, that one was expected so, hey Baelz... what brings you here ?"

She smiles, showing off her evergrowing, sharp teeth.

Baelz: "Eh, not much just checkin' up on ya !"

Y/n: "That's surprisingly considerate of you, thanks for that."

Baelz: "OI I'M VERY CONSIDERATE YA KNOW THAT !?"

I chuckle and put my phone on the table next to her.

Baelz: "So did ya read what I wrote ya already ?"

Y/n: "No, in fact I was actually just about to, so if you would be so kind as to-"

She shuts me up by raising her hand and I mean literally shuts me up, as in I cannot physically make a single sound currently.

Baelz: "Well Imma just tell ya what will be doin' today !"

Walking up to the fridge and leaning against it she looks around while smiling for a bit, before then beginning to explain.

Baelz: "So as we talked 'bout yesterday, ya are gonna go on a date with Ayame today, ya already to so no backin' out now !"

'What do you mean we talked about that yesterday... you literally said you're gonna set something up, so I never really had a say in it.'

Baelz: "And as ya seemed to have been the most font of these three, ya are gonna meet 'er at a café, followed up by a visit to a aquarium, ended with ya both havin' a lovely ride on a ferris wheel !"

Baelz: "Now with all said, Imma leave ya to prepare !"

She claps her hands and I assume that I'm able to talk again.

Y/n: "But I literally never sai-"

Baelz: "Oh and one last thing Y/n, I like how strong the chaos was ya gave off yesterday, ya should do it more every now and then !"

She enters the fridge and closes it herself, as soon as I open it she's no where to be seen leaving me in confusion.

'Well, I can't really change it now so might as well prepare, plus spending the day with Ayame of all people can't be that bad, there are... to say the last a few other people I'd dread a day like this with.'

Walking back over to my room that I use for most activities I can't help but think about what I should wear.

'I guess something not too formal, but not too casual would make the most sense or well something you would wear to your first date... I should really start getting out there.'

*Short time skip of Y/n getting dressed into something that isn't too casual nor too formal*

Standing in front of the mirror I can't help but feel like something is... wrong in a way I cannot explain.

Y/n: "Well I don't seem to have any eye bags anymore, my clothes are fine and all in all I look great, well at least I think that's what other people would say right now."

Y/n: "...Does that count as me being confident at the moment or narcissistic ?

Y/n: "I'm just gonna say it's the later, because otherwise this is a topic I have to discuss with myself at a later time."

I take out my phone and stare at the dark black screen, showing my reflection while being lost in thought.

'It would've been nice and all Baelz could've told me where I had to go and when I'd meet Ayame before leaving... or she could've just let me read what she had wrote in peace.'

Sighing I unlock it and stare at my phone's wallpaper for a second, it's a picture of my dad and I sitting at the dinner table.

'Haha, it's been a while since I looked at this image properly, though I guess today would be a fitting day to do exactly that.'

I laugh by myself for a bit until I stop within a short time, but that's when I notice something.

'Wait, I never noticed this until now... somehow, but I think I'm able to see another house through the window... and I'm pretty sure I saw it not too long ago !'

I squint my eyes in the hopes of trying to be able to recognize the house I just named, but it is soon that I remember I should check my messages.

Y/n: "Eh, no time for that... at least right now, I have important things to do right now."

'Why did I say that out loud again ?'

Shaking my head I can't help but laugh at how chaotic my morning has been so far.

'Alright, says here I'm supposed to meet her at 10 am at a location I have no idea where it is- oh wait no, she added a imagine of where this is, thanks chaos.'

I lock my phone and tap on it once to see the time and that's when I realize...

Y/n: "IT'S 9:54 AM I GOTTA FUCKING RUN !"

Quickly checking if I have everything I make a run for the front door, once there I literally slam open the door as I realized that I just hurt my door.

'Alright, that wasn't all too smart of me, but that doesn't change the fact I HAVE TO RUN LIKE MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT !'

Closing the door behind me I notice a familiar red haired pirate walking down the hallway for some reason.

Marine: "Oh hey Y/n are you fr-"

Not having the time to answer her I make a run for the window beside her and quite literally jump through it or well so I tried as I meet the wall face first missing by a inch.

Y/n: "That... fucking hurt."

Rubbing a hand against my head, I begin to slowly stand up, while looking at the wall which had a slight crack, but not more.

Y/n: "Wow, talk about hard headed eh."

I turn around and see Marine looking at me with a face that could be described as either fear, shock, confusion or concern, but that didn't matter to me as I had somewhere to be.

Y/n: "Uhh, no time to talk, bye."

Making a dash for it again I come to a stop after a minute or so, now outside of the building already.

'I could've just... used my powers to get somewhere near there...'

I think of the image again and blink, to my surprise it actually worked because Ayame wasn't facing my way.

'I really hope she isn't too upset I almost didn't make it in time... wait is this even my fault actually !?'

Sighing I look around and notice we're in what seems to be a alleyway, there's graffiti on some of the walls and once I got a closer look at her I think Ayame was holding a bottle of spray paint in her hand, to her bottom right being a box seemingly full of other colored spray paint bottles.

Y/n: "Hey, sorry for the wait Ayame."

The sudden noise made her drop the can she was holding nad I deicde to just I wave my right hand at her while smiling, when she then turns around I can see that there's a slight blush on her face and a bit of paint on her arms and legs.

Art: https://www.pinterest.de/pin/619104280025509356/

Ayame: "You know how long I've been waiting Y/n, you i-idiot !?"

Y/n: "...Why did you suddenly turn tsundere ?"

She laughs and starts putting away the cans into the box next to her.

Y/n: "No answer eh, well I'm used to it by now honestly, though I'm not normally one to point out things like these, but why is there paint on your legs, not that I was staring at them or anything, well I did, but in a respectful way though."

She finishes putting away the last can to which the box suddenly stars being covered by a sort of red fog, after this fog disappears I can see that the box disappeared, most likely having gone somewhere of her choosing.

Y/n: "Neat party trick, do you do reservations for birthdays too, I'd pay pretty well for a magician like you."

Smiling I walk up beside her, as she begins laughs again.

Ayame: "For whose birthday would you need the great Ayame even for ?"

I hold out my left hand to which she responds by staring at it for a few seconds and then holding it, happily smiling the entire way, altough she seems to still be slightly red.

Y/n: "Ehh that doesn't matter at the moment, but you know what does matter ?"

She slightly tilts her head and looks at me with a precious smile.

Ayame: "Hmm ?"

Y/n: "The fact that you look even more cute than usual, I gotta say that outfit really suits you and if this is how you dress for a date, then I'd most likely die of diabetes seeing you dress for something fancy eh ?"

She turns her head to the side, but not fast enough so I was still able to see that she was burning up, you could almost say her face was as red as a tomato of sorts, despite looking away though she still hasn't let go of my hand.

Ayame: "T-Thank you..."

She said it rather quietly and add onto the fact she was turned away from me it was rather hard to understand what she said, so I assume she thanked me.

Y/n: "Your welcome, although I think you should know I never tell a empty compliment, now then... should we go ahead and start our date off ?"

She quickly turns her head back to me which is when I can see a smile of pure happiness on her face.

Ayame: "Mhm, let's go !"

*Something seems to have changed for a bit...*

Y/n: "It's crazy to imagine how far we've come, huh Ayame ?"

Ayame stops moving abruptly leaving us both still in the alleyway.

Y/n: "Is something wrong dear, do you need a cold drink or such ?"

She doesn't say anything and just averts eye contact, her face as red as before.

Ayame: "W-Why are you calling me 'd-dear' ?"

Y/n: "I mean, we have been dating for a year or more now, haven't we ?"

Ayame: "H-HUH !?"

Y/n: "Hey, are you okay dear ?"

Putting a hand on her forehead I notice she has a sort of temperature that you could say would correspond to a fever, not wanting her to fall unconscious I stand still too.

Ayame: "Since when... w-wha..."

Y/n: "Ayame are you okay ?"

*Oh, we're back it seems*

Not having moved a inch from where we've been standing I look at Ayame in confusion, she's been staring straight at the wall for a bit now, even starting to slightly drool now, starting to get worried I think of something I could do get her out of this trance.

Ayame: "Hehe, we can't do that here Y/n..."

'Alright there's no way that what she is thinking of is innocent... probably, she's literally just been standing still in the exact same position while her face is getting more and more red, also add onto that fact that she said my name, I have a suspicion or two.'

I don't let go of her hand, but instead use my right hand to snap my fingers in front of her face, not wanting to scare her too badly.

Y/n: "Hey Ayame, are you okay ?"

She suddenly shakes her head and covers her face, most likely finally snapping out of that daydream of hers.

Ayame: "U-Uhm, yes !"

Ayame: "I'm okay, no n-need to worry Y/n !"

'You say that so casually like I can hit a off switch for my worries...'

Abruptly I let go of Ayames hand and hold both of my hands against my forehead, a immense pain suddenly started coursing through my head, it's not the worst pain I've ever felt, but it is pretty severe.

Ayame: "Y/n is something wrong !?"

She puts a hand and starts gently and slowly caressing it, not being able to focus on anything other than the pain it feels like almost a eternity until it's gone, yet in reality it was only around 10 seconds before it suddenly stopped.

Y/n: "I'm fine now..."

Straightening my posture again I do my best to put on a smile and hold out my left hand again, she without any hesitation takes it and smiles.

Y/n: "So, do you have a specific café that you would like to visit, seeing as I don't really know my way around here so well yet."

Ayame: "Mhm, just let me take the lead and I'll bring us there safe and sound !"

While chuckling at the absurdity of how I got into this situation, I follow Ayame to wherever she may take me.

Ayame: "What's so funny Y/n ?"

She pouts a bit and puts on a upset expression, although I know it's not a real one and instead just a joke.

Y/n: "Ah nothing, I was just thinking funny someone said to me once and I had to laugh at it again just now."

Ayame: "Hey Y/n ?"

Y/n: "Probably gonna regret saying this since I've done this multiple times and it has ended literal most if not all of the times, but hit me."

She giggles for a bit which proceeds to slowly get more and more quiet until she is left only smiling

Ayame: "Actually... nevermind !"

Y/n: "Oi, you can't lead on my curiosity like that, if you do that I'll have another mystery to uncover !"

She lets go off my hand and turns around with a smug smile.

Ayame: "Well then you better work hard to find out what I was gonna say~ !"

I pretend to be hurt and clutch my heart with my right hand.

Y/n: "Ugh... so cruel, I can't beelieve you'd hurt me like this Ayame..."

She comes to a sudden stop and stares at me for a few seconds until she suddenly cracks up laughing more than I have ever heard or seen her do.

Ayame: "Pahaha, d-did you serio- haahha !"

I smile and wait for her to be finished laughing so I can ask if we're at the right location already.

Ayame: "Thank you Y/n, I really needed that !"

Y/n: "Nothing to thank me for, well at least yet, for now I'm just doing something anyone should or could do, that being making a great girl like yourself laugh and be happy."

She shakes her head as I notice that her face is getting more and more red.

Y/n: "I see you're picking up a habit or two of mine, I gotta say I'm surprised to say the least."

Y/n: "But before I forget it, I was gonna ask a bit ago if this is the café or not."

I point to my left and Ayame looks over, her expression turning for a second into shock and then a 'confident' smile.

Ayame: "Y-Yes it is, I was j-just testing you hehe !"

'Of course you were.'

Walking up to the entrance, I hold the door open which triggers a bell sound and wait for Ayame to enter, as soon as she does I follow after her and hear the same ringing again as the door closed.

???: "Welcome to shinigami café how ma-"

I raise a hand up, unsure what to say and burst out laughing, Ayame just looking at me confused.

???: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE !?"

Art: https://yande.re/post/show/714038

Y/n: "That's not very maid like of you, although..."

I crack up laughing so hard that tears are literally streaming down my face, I can't even manage to concentrate on listening to what she's saying.

Y/n: "Oh my fucking chaos I can't !"

Slowly calming down I wipe the tears off my face and walk up to Ayame who seemed to be having a pleasent chat with Calli, most likely not realizing that the grim reapers apprentice's face was getting more and more red from embarassment.

Y/n: "Didn't know that contract of ours included you working as a maid for café."

Calli." S-Shut up, I'm just doin' this as a side job while I'm not in the underworld !"

Y/n: "Though now you have me curious, if you already hold rap concerts in the underworld and your job is reaping souls, why would you do THIS out of all things ?"

She sighs and looks to her right out a window, most likely annoyed at the situation or something else.

Calli: "A certain... person forced me into doing this, though I don't wanna ment-"

Y/n: "It was Kiara wasn't it ?"

Her eyes wander back to me and she looks like she's ready to kill me on the spot, right there and then.

Calli: "Ya know karma's a real bitch Y/n, also so is manifesting somethin' ya shouldn't, so don't say that name here before she comes up runnin' to me."

I back off slightly while laughing, knowing that she has way more power over me than I can imagine.

Y/n: "Interesting music choice you got here though, I feel like I may or may not know the person who sang this."

( Atp you may be asking yourself "Really, another song no one will listen to for this part ?" and my answer is, yes, yes it is. )

Calli: "Guh... just take a fuckin' seat over there..."

Ayame doesn't hesitate and walks over to the seat Calli was pointing at, not wanting to waste more time I smile and wave at Calli while walking towards the spot.

Ayame: "Was that person you were talking to someone you know Y/n ?"

I look at Ayame who seems to be pouting while avoiding eye contact, not sure if she is doing this a joke or not I decide to go with the what I assume is the obvious answer.

Y/n: "I'm surprised you don't know her to be honest, seeing as you know Baelz of all people, but to answer your question, yes I do and as to how, you don't wanna know."

She doesn't stop pouting and even starts not responding to me anymore, in return I just sigh and look out the window, enjoying the view.

'Something tells me I'll regret not checking out the place where the... accident, happened that day.'

'I just, get this really dumb feeling I'm missing something important, yet obvious, BUT WHAT !?'

I slam my head on the table without realizing and quickly raise it back up, now seeing Ayame looking at me with a expression of concern.

Y/n: "I'm fine, I'm fine, no need to look at me like that haha, though I am happy you finally decided to acknowledge my existence again."

She looks away again and pouts, to which I again can only sigh and then chuckle at.

Y/n: "Guess I spoke too soon, eh..."

Closing my eyes I try to think a bit about my father and just what he was hiding from me, but my peace was soon to be disturbed.

Calli: "Yo dumbass, are ya gonna order somethin' or not ?"

I get hit on the head with something causing me to immediately snap open my eyes only to see Ayame cheerfully eating away at a piece of chocolate cak,  while Calli is looming over me with a scythe casually in one hand.

Y/n: "Uhh, yeah wait, uhh fuck what do I even want."

She slowly rocks the scythe from left to righ, back and forth most likely getting annoyed.

Y/n: "Ah fuck it, I'll just take a water, aka the most generic of choices since I wanna be generic right now."

Calli gives me one last glance of what I assume is annoyance and walks off, scythe still in her hand.

Sighing I look back at Ayame who finished her food and is now just staring at me with a smile.

Y/n: "Uhh, is something wrong ?"

Seeming to have snapped her back to reality she quickly flashes a embarassed smile and avoids eye contact again.

Ayame: "Oh, uhm, no n-nothing's wrong !"

Y/n: "Huh, alright, if you say so."

*Wait is it happening again ?*

Y/n: "I just realized something dear !"

Ayame: "W-Why are you calling me that again !?"

Y/n: "I mean, I said it before didn't I love, we've been dating for years, love at first sight and all, so why are you suddenly so confused at the nicknames I have been using for so long ?"

Unable to even get a response out Ayame is just a blushing mess at the moment.

Y/n: "Come on, there's a place I have to show you now dear, I think you'll remember it !"

Putting 4000 yen on the table I grab Ayame's hand and run outside.

Ayame: "W-Wait something is seriously wrong !"

*This isn't gonna be a normal thing right ?*

Y/n: "Ayame, I think that I just made a revelation that may change my life, please do not stop me from this now."

I let go of her hand and look at her with a rather serious expression, in response to this she walks up to me and grabs my hand, not letting me leave alone.

Ayame: "You know we could've at least said goodbye to your friend !"

Starting to walk back towards the alleyway I can't muster up a smile at the moment.

Y/n: "Look, I'm sorry and all but this is really important to me."

Ayame lets go of my hand and stops dead in her tracks, turning around I see her look at me with tears in her eyes.

Ayame: "But our date isn't...?"

I can't even manage to form a response to what she just said, I finally realized something at that moment.

Ayame: "After giving me such short time to prepare mentally and physically for this date, I do my best to meet someones standards like yours..."

Ayame: "I spent hours figuring out what to wear, when I should be there and everything, yet this is just a joke to you... isn't it Y/n ?"

Y/n: "It isn-"

She interrupts me from saying what I wanted to, not leaving me a chance to explain.

Ayame: "Well you know what, no more, I hope you enjoy your day alone..."

She storms off and I still just stand there, looking at her walking away, knowing I fucked up too much.

Y/n: "..."

Rain suddenly starts pouring out of no where.

'No weather report said there was even a chance that it would rain today, well not like I checked anyway...'

'Haha, I guess she's right, I never really thought about this too much, didn't I ?'

I raise up both of my hands and stare at them, the rain not bothering me.

'Then someone tell me... why the fuck does it hurt so much ?'

Clutching where my heart would be with my right hand I grit my teeth and can't help but think of the place where my fathers incident was and when I blinked I was there, standing at the place of the accident, only difference... this place is where I first met Ayame.

Y/n: "So my suspicion was right huh..."

I walk around on the streets for a while, having lost all of my motivation just now.

Tatemoyo: "Why so gloom master ?"

Y/n: "..."

'Why did you come back now, out of all the times you could've been here...'

Y/n: "WHY NOW !?"

Shouting out the last part of my thought on accident I raise my right hand and hit myself in the face, hating me for not caring more about the date.

Tatemoyo: "Maste- I mean Y/n, what may is bothering ya ?"

Y/n: "You can look through my memories no ?"

Tatemoyo: "Of course I ca-"

Y/n: "Then shut the fuck up and do that."

Tatemoyo: "...Copy that."

Walking towards the walkway my body stiff as if I just wouldn't wanna continue anymore, I immediately lay down upon reaching it, not carring about if I'd get a cold or anything.

'Why even bother doing anything anymore, I fucked up enough for today, didn't I ?'

I close my eyes and the sound of the rain gets louder and louder until...

???: "Aww cm'on mate, I already set ya up with 'er and ya end up like this ?"

I open my eyes and notice Baelz standing over me, a umbrella in her hand, but there is no rain, not anymore at least.

Baelz: "Stand up already, I ain't talkin' do a corpse now am I ?"

She holds out her free hand and I grab it, allowing her to help pull me up.

Baelz: "Look, I dunno if y'all had sum lovers quarrel or whatever, but if ya wanna cheer 'er up, then I can give ya lil tip !"

Not saying anything I stare at her, while noticing that for some reason my clothes are completely dry.

Baelz: "She's still waitin' at the ferris wheel for ya, the same one ya have in mind right now, yea the one ya dad took ya to once."

I posture myself properly, realizing that I still have a chance to make things right with Ayame, but it also makes me wonder...

Y/n: "Baelz... all I can say is thank you, but... we have to talk later on why you know my father, CAUSE SOMETHING IS CLEARLY GOING ON AND NO ONE IS TELLING ME LIKE WHAT THE FUCK !?"

I groan in frustration which Baelz just laughs at.

Baelz: "No can do buckeroo', I already helped ya out just now, can't do anythin' more than that haha !"

She walks off leaving me in more confusion as to why she may know about my father, but what's important right now is not only did she help me remember a important happy memory, but also told me just the info I needed right now.

???: "So you're asking me about my work ?"

???: "Yeah !"

???: "Haha, well son, it's nothing too amazing, but I'll tell you about when the time is right."

???: "Okay dad !"

Opening my eyes I find myself standing at a closed shop near the ferris wheel.

Y/n: "I wonder why they went out of busine- wait no time to have more flashbacks, I have something far more important to do !"

Sprinting towards the ferris wheel, which is now shining brilliantly under the sunsets light I can't help but smile, not only from the amazing sight, but also because I see Ayame holding out her hand for me to take.

Tatemoyo: "Ya better not fuck this up again master, or we'll have a serious talk."

I chuckle and decide not to answer him, knowing there's no use to right now, since it's already to late to...

Y/n: "Kept you waiting huh ?"

Ayame: "I'm used to it by now !"

We both have a light hearted chuckle at what she said and enter the cabin in front of us, once in it she takes a seat to the right and I sit straight ahead of her.

Y/n: "So about earlie-"

Ayame: "Shh, don't mention it, just be happy now !"

Y/n: "Yeah, but like I should apolo-"

She puts a finger on my lips with a smug smile, I lightly push it away in response and laugh.

Y/n: "Alright, alright, though I do wanna point out how beautiful this view is."

Ayame: "Yeah it is pretty amazing up here !"

Y/n: "But there's something important I wanna ask..."

Ayame: "Hm ?"

Y/n: "Well, I uhh... you wanna like, go out with me or somethin' ?"

She stands up, her face a blushing mess while pointing a index finger at me with most likely doubt.

Ayame: "H-HUH !?"

Y/n: "Haha, you remember it right ?"

Y/n: "This was the same place I said those exact words and now look at us."

Y/n: "I thought I'd jog up your memory and it seems it worked pretty well, didn't it ?"

Ayame: "B-but we never... whaaaa-"

She sits back down, her face even more red than before which seemed impossible.

*Wait it happened without me even realizing !?*

Y/n: "Uh, are you alright ?"

Ayame: "Huh, y-yes what is it Y/n ?"

Y/n: "I was just asking how your day was, but you suddenly stood up started saying things to me that didn't even make sense, while furiously blushing at that, though I have to admit it was pretty cute."

Ayame: "DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT-"

*End of chapter 12*

Horikemo: "Welcome to the end of this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it despite having to wait literally 3 weeks... seriously what were you doing past Horikemo ?"

Horikemo: "Oh right, battling my procrastination demon-"

Horikemo: "Well, I feel like this whole thing was all over the place, well that was kind of the plan... but I hope that didn't make you hate it !"

Horikemo: "I know, I know, this was supposed to be a wholesome, happy chapter with no plot, but I promise we'll get one focused on that soon !"

Horikemo: "Well the next one should have no sad parts I believe, but we'll see !"

Horikemo: "Now then, I already took too long writing this, so I don't wanna take even more of your time, but I do have to say my usual ending !"

Horikemo: "Feel free to give me any criticism you'd like or tips, though don't roast me please, well if you do though make it funny enough for me to laugh at !"

Horikemo: "Which may or may not be hard to do-"

Horikemo: "*Ahem* As always, have a amazing day or night, a even greater life and always remember to stay hydrated, oh and remember to stay safe, yes I know a lot of people say that, but better safe than sorry !"

Horikemo: "Now with everything said and done, Horikemo out !"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 170 8
"Everything is just grey and monotonous... there was no color anywhere it's all just... pointless, there's no reason to keep going and yet I do... ch...
246K 6.4K 37
[ STORY COMPLETED ] A simple, fun, and chaotic story with all types of twists and turns. As you embark on your journey inside Hololive, you will lear...
9.8K 371 16
A young mute boy just trying to survive this whole thing we call life, and is currently up against his toughest challenge yet...high school. Not only...
38.2K 957 18
Y/n L/n is a 21 year-old graphic designer and Twitter artist. He lives in Japan and lives alone in an apartment. He dreams of having a girlfriend but...