a beautiful soul

By varbariz

Mia it's the typical queen B at Liberty High, hanging out with the jocks seemed pretty normal for her, but th... More

Disclaimer/playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16-Better
17-Magic
18-Old me
19-Hard
20-You
21-Tragedy
22-about to go down
23-Is she home?
24-The talk
25-thank you Mia Jensen
Mia's second tape
26-still not over!
28-craving
29-break up?
30-Justin back
31-I'm sorry
32-clubhouse
33-Jeff Atkins
34-tapes are out
35-will you fix it?
36-the clubhouse
37-try something new
38-drop It
39-can you hate me now?

14

493 3 0
By varbariz

When the face is pretty but the soul is prettier

School ended and Mia went straight to her house. Monty and her did not have anything planned and later that night she had the basktball game on the school gym, that she obviously  was going because she is the cheer caption.

Arriving to her house she sees her father on the outside stairs reading some book, she got out of her car and walked up to him.

"You are home early" Matt says to his kid.

"Yeah, I don't have anything planned with Monty. Plus we have the game tonight, and I need to get ready" Mia informs her father sitting on the stairs next to him.

"Were is your brother?" 

" Clay went to see his bike, i think something is broken and he left it at Tony's so he could fix it" Mia lies, which her dad noods in agrement.

" Listen, about what you and your brother heard this morning" Mat starts but is soon cut of by Mia.

" Dad, we dind't heard much, it's fine" She says.

"Well, if you guys did. Your mom and I we disagree in some things."

"We didn't hear anything dad, really"

"She thinks you might be having your nightmares again" Mat says, loking at his daugher next to him, Mia Jensen was facing the road , but once her father mention her nightmares she turned her face to face him.

" I don't. I don't have them for a while" Her breath suddenly becomes heavier.

" And if you are, and you want to talk to someone about them. Someone who don't share your DNA."

"Dad, in that situation I can just talk to you. I don't need to see a shrink" Mia cut him off.

"Mia, that was not what I meant" 

"I know dad, don't worry. If I need someone to talk, I will let you know. But I really don't need it, at least not right now."

"Look, I hated high school" He starts, making just a quick pause to look at his duagther before continuing "I couldn't wait to get out. It was hell for me. I was a target.... more then once"

" I am sorry dad, really. But that is my thing, I am not a target at all. I mean you have seen my group, people don't mess with us"

" But I survived."The older man shrugs " And look at me now I am a paragon manhood, with a fucking beautiful family."He smiles.

"Dad, I think this is more of a conversation for you to have with Clay. I am fine you know. If I ever need to talk I will come to you" She smiles.

"I know love, all I am saying is that I had things to hang on too, I had chess club, I had knowledge bold".

"Dad, now you are embarassing yourself " The younger Jensen laughs.

"Do you and your brother have something" He asks.

" I know I do, I have cheer and I have my friends, we hang out a lot. But Clay I am not sure." She wasn't even sure if Clay had any friends how was she supposed to know if he had any hobbies.

"Dad, Clay and I, we don't speak that much now. After the accident he kinda stoped talking with me, like completly." Mia admits, she wasn't sure her parents knew about this, but she just wanted to open up to her father.

"He also never really came to see me in rehab. Why didn't he went to see me " She asks with the tears in her eyes, but she was sure she was not going to let them fall.

"Your brother, he is a very strange kid, he might not say it a lot but he loves you Mia, we all do." Her father assures her.

" I am trying to get our bond back dad, I even envited him to tonights game, but I don't know, it's like I am trying a friendship with someone random and not with my brother" 

"Can you give him time, he will get there and you will have that bond back. I promise" He promised, and something about her father and her is was that, every single time they promised something they would seal the promised with their pinky fingers, so that no one could break it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Look Clay, I have to go and join them. But I will see you later, k" Mia informs her brother. Soon after she joined the rest of the cheerleaders.

" Mia hey, where is Jess" One of the cheerleaders asks the cheer caption.

"What do you mean. Is she not here" Mia asks back, which the other cheerleader nodded, confirming that Jess was not there.

"This is not good for her" She mutters.

" Clay what are you doing here" Courtney asks approaching him.

Mia hated her, did she mention that before. She probably have, she really did. Courtney was just one of those kind of people that don't matter what, you will never like. Mia was sure of that.

" It's a basketball game. I am here to show some school spirit. Plus my sister is cheer caption, I have to support her right" He says.

"That is great. Great Clay" Courtney words were so fake " I am glad you know, you are felling better" She punched his arm playfully when Marcus Cole joined the two teens.

"Hey how is it going" The taller boy asks Clay.

Mia couldn't hear the rest of the conversation because she was called by her coach, pulling her away from her spot, that was closer to the three teens.

" Where is Jess. The game is about to start and we are missing a cheerleader" Mia's coach informs her, but obviously, Mia was already aware of that.

"Coach I know that, but I don't know where she is. I tried to call her she dind't pick up" Mia learned since a very young age that if you want something done you have to do it yourself.

Another thing she has learned over the years of being cheer caption is that friendships don't guarante the first place. If there are rules, they are meant to be followed, and so she knew the moment that Jess walked through those doors, she couldn't let her participate tonight.

" Mia, if you take this seriously, you know what you have to do when she gets here" Both Mia and her coach were standing more close to the doors, waiting for all the cheerleaders and for the game to start.

" You know I take this seriously. And I know what I have to do, don't worry coach, I got this"

" I know you do, honey" Her coach says , giving her a side hug and a little kiss on her forehead, before leaving her side and joining the other teachers and coaches.

This culdn't be happening. Tonight was just awful. Mia was missing a cheerleader, that was for a coincidence her best friend. And just now her brother was making a fool of himself, standing there, he was standing in the middle of the court.

"Hey Clay, get out of there" She yells, and after a while Clay starts walking in direction of the bleachers.

"Okay ladys, let's go" Mia's choach shouts.

Mia was walking to her position at the very front of all cheerleaders, when someone pulled her arm, which made her stop in the track.

" What are you going to do about Jess" Sheri asks.

"Sheri, she has responsabilities just like we all do. If she is not here in time, she doesn't cheer, simple as that" Mia informs her, Sheri noticed her bitchy tone, she knew she was pissed at Jess.

"She is your best friend, M"

" So what Sheri. If she doesn't take this seriously, then she is not made to be part of the team. Now go to your place" Mia orders, and Sheri goes, because after all Mia is cheercaption for a reason.

Flashback:

" You got another bunny. I wish i got one" Sheri admits to Hannah. Both girls were standing next to the complements bags in communication class " You still don't know who they are from."

"You got like six complemets today. I got a cartoon and a team flyer from Courtney" Hannah admist. Her voice sounded almost as if she was disapointed.

"Well, if you think this is a lot, you should see Mia's bag. And hey, i got one of Courtney's too" The two girls laugh.

" Does Mia get a lot of complements, on the bag I mean" Hannah asks.

" Oh honey, she gets more than a lot. That girl is drowning in complements"

" That is not true" Mia comments from behind Sheri.

"Isn't it? Then how many did you get just today?" Sheri asks, showing she was right.

" It doesn't matter. They don't really mean anything" This was the thing about Mia. She knew that most of the people that did wrote those complements didn't really meant them, so she tried to think about them as if they were not important. But she also knew that if she for some reason didn't get them, she would stop being that confident in herself. She wasn't sure why, that would happen, and sinerely she didn't care, because she knew that they were never going to stop.

End of Flashback:

It was like he was in a transe. He couldn't hear the ones around him. They were shouting, yelling, but he didn't hear them. The tapes had a different efect on him. To the other kids, they were just shocked and disgusted about it all. But Clay, he was traumatised. He didn't know what to do. He needded help but he would never say it out loud.

He was holding it. His hands were holding the ball, and the people around were asking him to throw it. But again, he couldn't hear them.

"Jensen! Come on throw the damn ball!" Zach says, to the little man on the bleachers. Just now he was brought back to reality.

" Clay, what are you doing?" His sister asks, crossing her arms in front of her chest, looking around nervously, ashemed that Clay was Clay " Throw it ".

Sheri was standing beside her, the young woman could feel Mia's lack of patience towards her brother.

"Clay"

"Come on man"

"Of course he is Mia's sister. They are all nuts"

"What are you waiting for"

It was nedded Tyler Down to get the ball out of Clay's hands and throw it to the court. Right, after Tyler give the ball back to the players, Jess shows up in her cheer uniform. She looked bad.

Once Mia saw her, she knew that her coach would make her be the one telling her she can't play tonight, which the young girl didn't hate. She liked having power, and she loved usisng it.

"Mia" Her coach call her from behind her making the girl tourn around to face her " As a cheer caption you know what to do" Her coach says poing her head at Jess, Mia nodded.

She knew she couldn't use her normal sweet voice, she nedded to show confidence and authority. So she did her best on putting her caption posture.

" What the hell Jess. You were late to this week treining almost every day. And now you get here almost at the end of the first part of the game" Mia says, standing right in front of her best friend.

"Mia, I know and I am so-" Jess tries to explain herself but is soon cut of by Mia.

"On the court or field it's caption Mia. Now if you are having some sort of problems you come to me or coach and we try to solve it" She explains.

" Caption Mia, I am sorry really. I didn't plan on getting here so late" Jess says. She couldn't deny that Mia was so cold, it almost didn't sound like her. But then again Mia speaking like this, it was ordinary for them.

" I am sorry Jess, but I can't let to be part of tonight's game. You are out" Mia says, turning her back to leave, but just then she turned around " And don't stay there. I need this part for the ones that take cheer seriously" And then she left.

Sheri that was there for the whole conversation was speechless. Who was Mia becoming? she wondered. 

"She is just overwhelmed" Sheri shrugs, leaving behind Mia to not the young girl even more mad.

It was safe to say that pretty much every relationship on friends groups never really work out the best way. Mia and Montgomery were the first one on their friend group, then it was Kat and Justin but that was never really a relationship for real. And now, the most recent one Jess and Justin. The couple had a lot of ups and downs, more downs then ups lately.

Justin was a dificult kid and Jess was complicated too. It was hard to say which one was broken the most. Many would say it was Justin, because of his whole home situation, but well, Jess was no saint, she had her issues too. That was part of the reason they could be such a good couple sometimes. But again, right now they were having more downs than ups.

Since the tapes Justin became a totally different person, towards everyone, including his 'sister', Mia Jensen. He became colder and meaner, she couldn't picture why, well until the tapes were on her possession. Once that, it all made sense.

Jealousy was something that also, since the begining, ruined that relationship, Jess and Justin. The brunette girl was really jealous of Mia's and Justin bond. Even though they always refer each other as brother and sister, Jess always felt that something more could happen if Mia didn't have met Montgomery De La Cruz. Mia herself wasn't sure if that was a possibility or not.

Flashback:

Three girls sitting in a king size bed, gossiping about life. A box of pizza right in front of them and a bottle of coke on the bedroom floor. The girl with darker skin then the other two, was leaning against the head of the bed, with the half-full glass of coke in her hand. She was wearing light blue sleep shorts with clouds and a sweater in exactly same pattern as the shorts. Her hair was in a messy bun and in her face a face mask.

Right in the middle of the bed, almost perfectly centered so that she never had her back to neither of the girls, was a blonde-haired girl. For some reason, that night her hair was lighter than usual. She was wearing light pink pajamas with little white lace details at the ends, they were all satin and fit the delicate girl perfectly. Like her friend she was wearing her hair up in a messy bun, with a face mask. She was cross-legged as she laughed at something Jess had said.

At the end of the bed there was another girl, she had light brown hair, the same also tied in a messy bun, to prevent them from getting sucked in the face mask that she also wore. Unlike the other girls, this one wore violet pajama pants and a loose white t-shirt, the sweater had "Hakuna Matata" written on it, and of course Mia had loved the sweater just for the little reference to the Lion King movie. She was lying on her stomach as she watched the two other girls talk, specially Mia. Hannah's little adoration for Mia was getting bigger and bigger as they went along, maybe and only maybe Mia could share that petty little crush too.

"Okay, so." Jess starts taking a small sip of her glass "The jocks" She says.

"What about them?" Mia asks. Mia was friends with the jocks since she remembered high school, they were her best friends.

" Some of them are really cute" Jess admits, making Mia laugh.

"What? What did I say?" She asks not really undersating with her best fiend was laughing so much " You are crushing on a jock big mistake" Mia warns her.

"Well, you are dating one of them, and that did turn out pretty good to you" It was true what Jess said, but it was a tottaly diferent situation. Mia was popular and friends with them before she started to date Monty.

"Yeah, but it's diferent." She says, picking her glass of coke that was on the floor before taking a sip. Jess took that time to place her own glass on the night stand besides her, before continuing her talk.

" How is that any diferent? One girl and one boy, it's literally the same."

"Well, not really. I have know them for years, plus you are probably crushing on Justin. And Justin and Montgomery are nothing alike." The blond explains.

" Well, yeah. But that way you can like help me, right?" She asks.

Mia's looked around her bedroom, before her eyes landed on Hannah, that was also looking at her. Mia wondered why she was looking at her, but she choosed to ignore.

"What do you think Han? " The question caught the brown eyed girl unnoticed "What" She asks confused. She wasn't playing any attention to the conversation the two girls were having.

" About Mia helping me get with Justin" Jess explains.

" If Mia is alright with that, then I don't see why not" She says. However she wasn't even sure what to say. In her head if it was to match themselves with popular/ jocks she would match Mia with herself, but she knew Mia would never fall someone like her.

"Whatever Jess. If you want to be with J, then go for it. But once he breaks your heart don't go look for my shoulder."

End of flashback:

The crowd was screaming his name. Zach! Zach! Zach! He was on fire tonight.

Mia and the other cheerleaders were cheering even more. Everything was going great. In Mia's eyes nothing could make the rest of this game bad, right?

Wrong!

Again her brother. Clay, he looked once more like he was on some sort of transe. He kept his eyes fixed on the center of the court and slowly got up from his spot. Was just when he started to shout to stop the game that Mia saw how fucked up he was.

"Stop it" Stop, stop" Stop the game" He shouts, he satrts to go down the stands till he reaches the court, and just like that he is not in the transe anymore. The  whatever vision he had it's gone.

The game stops, everyone it's just standing there, the players in the middle of the court looking at him. The cheerleaders are a few feet away, looking at Clay and everyone in the stands are also just observating and whispering things. No one undersatnds what is going on this him.

He turns to leave, he just runs out of the school gym. Mia watched him leave she wanted to go after him, but she has a duty as cheer caption. She turns to look at her coach, but she doens't see her.

Placing her pom pons down on the floor Mia does a little run to the gym doors, just to be stoped by her coach.

"Were are you going?" The older woman asks.

"Clay, my brother i need to see if he is alright" Mia explains, she knows she is in trouble.

" So you thinking about leaving, just like that. Mia I thought you took this seriously"

"I do coach, it's just it's my brother and-" The blond is cut iff by her coach.

"Then prove me you take this seriously, and go back to your spot as cheer caption Mia Jensen."

"But coach-" 

"Now! Next week we will discuss this situation. Now go" She orders.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For some reason i really liked this one. Tell me your thoughts.

Kisses Barbara <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 1.5K 7
Tejasswi has had a crush on Karan since his first show. Karan found Tejasswi to be weirdly intriguing when they met for the first time at the shoot o...
5K 125 10
Today I will teach you all how to make Fanfiction. Because I am tired of reading sh*tty ones. -_- There can be spelling mistakes and grammatical err...
34.6K 612 78
Cora Cameron, cousin of Sarah Cameron. Sarah and Cora have been close since birth. However, Sarah loved the kook life And Cora hated it, but she sti...
13K 242 16
If you like my work, don't forget to leave a vote and comment as a way to appreciate it. #1 in misa [06.10.21] #1 in mihaelkeehl [16.06.23] #1 in dea...