Luz Noceda, The Fighter

By Jss2141

What if Luz was put in a combat sport at a younger age in hopes of making friends by her mother? Owl House A... More

Kickboxer in a Magical World
The Deliveries and the "Quest"
What An Abomination
In Light of a Curse
Might and Magic
The First Class
Moonlight Madness
Words Hurt!
Knocking and Swapping Heads
The Second Class
The Human Appreciation Society
The Knight VS The Queen
The Dangers of Publishing
Ice Ice Baby
New School, New Troubles
The Third Class
Big Trouble at the Small Carnival
The Might of Your Memories
Fighting Fear
Grudgby Cancelled?!?!
Anger and Agony
Be a Fighter, Win or Lose!
The Glyphing Gun by Morningmark on Tumblr
Special Collab Chapter: Battle Witches!
The Golden Bounty
The Blightful Challenge
Mother Knows Worst!
The Blues: Class, Adventure, and Library Rules
The Golden Opportunity
The Melody of Revolution
Problems and Solutions
Eclipse Showdown
The Abandoned Life?

The Truth of the King

1.3K 21 13
By Jss2141

Luz's attire in this story: A red sleeveless open hoodie/hoodie vest, black sports tank top that goes to her stomach, dark blue shorts, black leggings to her calves and black steel toed slip on sneakers.

Luz's Glyph Gloves: Wrist length grayish black gloves with a texture mix of paper and leather, smooth yet tough.

Light Glyph: Located on the palm, below the middle and ring fingers, center.

Fire Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area below the thumb.

Plant Glyph: Located on the palm, above the wrist at the base of the hand below the center of the palm.

Ice Glyph: Located on the palm, in the area between the thumb and pointer finger.

Power Glyph (symbol of Construction Coven): Located on the back of right hand.

Healing Glyph (symbol of the Healing Coven): Located on the back of left hand.

Her Kickboxing stance: Fists in front of her face, knees slightly bent, right foot back and her left foot forward.

Eda's and Lilith's Glyph Gloves (1 each):Fingerless gloves that reach the forearm with the four glyphs down the center of the arm in the order of light, ice, plant, and fire.

Eda's Glove: Right hand.

Lilith's Glove: Left hand.

Luz Noceda, The Fighter Opening: Believe in Myself Cover By NateWantsToBattle (I do not own this song)

Luz stands before the cliff over the boiling sea next to the owl house, letting the wind blow through her hair and clothes.

Believe in myself

And my dream this world

It will never end

Luz lifted her hands up, looking at her glyph gloves before she clenched them into fists, gaining a looking of determination.

I'll chase it

I'll speed up!

Speed up!

She activated her fire glyphs and slammed her fists together in a flash!

I'm running faster

Chasing what's in front of me

Now I'll just believe in myself

Luz is now walking through Bonesborough, thinking of her life.

You light my fire

Your touch ignites

The flames in my heart

Makes me want to feel your emotion

Her life on Earth, lonely and full of anger with the only person by her side being her mother, Camila.

Whatever will be, will be

How our hearts are crashing waves

And our souls are vast like an ocean

Her life in the demon realm however, was full of adventures, close friends, and love with Eda, King, Gus, Willow, and Amity by her side.

With the strongest tides we'll drown our sorrows

In a dark void, Eda and Lilith side by side while facing a shadow silhouette of the owl beast, pointing their glyph gloves at it.

Take my hand and tell me

Are you ready to play fair?

Luz and the Golden Guard stood on the battlefield, ready to fight each other!

Believe in myself

And my dream this world

Luz blasted towards G.G., throwing a punch and a kick that he dodged before he jumped into the air.

It will never end

Golden Guard fired a barrage of red energy blasts at Luz, creating a smokescreen!

I'll chase it

I'll speed up!

Speed up!

Luz jumped from the smoke and punched at Golden Guard, clashing her fist against his staff!

Believe in myself

You're not alone now

A transparent silhouette of Luz was running as she passed by all the friends she made (Eda, King, Willow, Gus, the Blight twins, Boscha and her crew, the Human Appreciation Society, the dual track students, and Amity).

And our future is near

It's coming

Luz was now running past a line up of her enemies, the Emperor's Coven (including Kikimora and the Golden Guard).

Let's speed up!

Speed up!

The ultimate enemy rose like a giant, Belos, with his eyes glowing before lightning flashed before him.

I'm running faster

Chasing what's in front of me

Luz was back at the cliff near the owl house, sitting as she looked up to the moon before Amity walked up to her.

Now I'll just believe in myself

She sat down next to Luz before holding her hand, gazing at the moon with her.

Sitting in the den of the owl house, Luz was surrounded by a mountain of books with a notebook in her hand. Ever since Lilith's revelation of glyph combinations without the gloves, Luz was eager to experiment and study ways to make new spells she couldn't make with her gloves.

"Hmm, maybe this will work." Luz mumbled to herself, tapping her lip with a pencil she was using.

"Luz! Luz! I need your help!" King said as he rushed over to Luz. "Francois is starting a rebellion!"

Pausing for a moment, Luz looked towards King as he pointed towards the corner of the room, where a large pile of his stuffed animals/"mighty army" was with his "general," Francois was sitting on a pillow. It looked completely normal...until a jagged knife suddenly fell from behind it.

"I'm not even going to ask where you got that knife but I'm busy, King. I'm this close to cracking a new glyph combo on paper." Luz said as she refocused on her notebook.

"Seriously? You've been so busy with school, kickboxing, your girlfriend, glyphs, and now the portal! Where's time for King?!" King asked her as eh gestured to himself.

"There's some in there, just not for right now." Luz said before gesturing to Lilith with her pencil. "Maybe you can ask Lilith for help? She's a former coven head, she's more than enough to stop your little rebellion."

Looking at the coffee table of the den, Lilith was sitting before it as she practiced her glyph drawing with a chalkboard and post it board on the couch with several books and papers around her. Due to being such a smart witch and losing her magic before Luz gave her a glyph glove, Lilith dived head first into studying glyphs ever since Luz told her about them but it became a bit of an obsession with learning all that she could about them and making new spells. So much so, that every step of the process was fascinating her. Like even drawing the circle with EXTREME, perfect FOCUS and her face right in front on the table.

"Ohohoho. Watching the ink dry is the best part." Lilith said, wide eyed and creepy like a crazy person while her hair was wild.

"Eeh!" King commented, feeling disturbed by this.

"Yeah but she's still reliable." Luz said as she focused back on her notebook.

"I know just what my Lulu needs, a fresh cup of tea to freshen her day." Hooty said, stretching over to Lilith with a blue mug of tea in his beak.

Hearing Hooty's voice seemed to snap Lilith back to normal as she blinked her eyes and fixed her hair, returning to a saner appearance.

"Oh Hoot-cifer, you're a diamond in the rough. How can you be so considerate but so ignored?" Lilith asked with a smile as she patted his head.

While Luz was focusing on her notebook, King looked genuinely surprised as he leaned close to whisper to Luz.

"What is happening?" King asked Luz.

"I think while we were on that coven ship, Lilith and Hooty became friends. It's strange with them being so opposite but they make it work. Kind of like me and Amity." Luz said with a small chuckle near the end before she shut her notebook, holding a small paper in her hand. "Alright, time to test out a new combo."

"A new combo?" Lilith asked, looking towards Luz with Hooty.

"Yep. Have a look." Luz said as she held the glyph out, showing them a light glyph in the center with a ring and a second light glyph in the top left while two ice glyphs were in the bottom left and right.

"Now you see me, now you don't."

Pushing the glyph and putting it on her chest, Luz faded away into thin air! Everyone gasped in shock as they looked around for Luz, wondering where she went! Eventually, Luz came back a split second later as she looked over herself.

"Hmm, I guess I can only remain invisible when I hold my breath." Luz said before King hugged her legs.

"Don't ever do that again!" He said in fear.

"Do that again! I can't believe you created an invisibility glyph!" Lilith said with excitement as she got up. "How did you create it?"

"Well, after you said there were no other glyphs to discover and that we had to make our own, I've been experimenting in my spare time." Luz said as she picked up King from her leg and let him hug her shoulder. "I got inspiration for the invisibility glyph from one of your old history books, Lilith."

"Very fascinating, Luz. You know, during my time in the Emperor's Coven, I was it's lead historical scholar. I could be of great help if you need more help with new glyphs." Lilith said, walking past the table before tripping on King's "army" of stuffed animals, making them topple. "Ugh!"

"Gasp! An ambush! Attack, men!" King shouted as jumped off Luz, picking up a stuff animal and throwing it at Lilith.

Hooty quickly stretched in the way and took the "hit," falling limp in Lilith's arms.

"Oh! I'm hit! It's all over for me, Lulu!" He said dramatically.

"Hootcifer, you're fine." Lilith said but Hooty continued on.

"It is an honor to die for you safety. Blek!" Hooty said before he "died" in her arms, sticking his tongue out and Xs on his eyes.

Another plushie was thrown as it hit Lilith, squeaking.

"The king of demons will yield to no one!" King shouted.

"Actually, there has never truly been a king of demons. Belos is the only one that has historically united all demons under one ruler." Lilith said before King threw another plushie at her.

"Lies! Lies and slander! Clearly your history books have left out my glorious reign of terror! Allow me to explain." King said as everyone looked at him. "Once, I was the mighty king of demons with power none could compare. I was loved by all and fear just as much! But alas, one day my crown of power was stolen and a spell was cast on my to transform me into what you see now."

King fell to his knees to show how dramatic his origin story was but no one seemed to buy it.

"Oh really? Then what happened to your "crown of power?" Didn't you get it back from the Confirmatorium?" Hooty asked as he stopped playing dead.

"That wasn't my real crown. It was just a test of Eda's and Luz's loyalty to me and they passed." King said as he gestured to Luz. "My real crown is out there and one day, I will find it. But when I shrank, the memories became a bit...fuzzy."

King put a hand on the left side of his head, below where his broken horn was.

"Hmm, sounds too convenient to me. A hole in your memory to go with the hole in your story." Lilith said, unimpressed or convinced.

"Hahahahaha! Burn!" Hooty commented as he moved out of Lilith's arms. "Up top, Lulu!"

Lilith smirked a bit as she high-fived Hooty's face, neither one deterred from Hooty's lack of arms and hands. The owl house demon did get a black eye though.

"Hey! There is nothing wrong with my memory! I remember armies bowing before me, feasts fit for a giant, and falling from a great height as I shrank seeing and bright light above me! One day, I will return to my throne to reclaim my crown, and all shall fear me once again!" King said to them with his arms out.

"Sure you are, little dude. You'll be the the fiercer ruler that ever lived." Luz said as she kneeled beside King and scratched his back.

"Oh! Oh! Oh yeah! Lower, lower! Higher! OOH! That's the spot!" King said, enjoying the scratching as he stomped left leg.

"You know, this dedication to a farce would be amusing if it wasn't pathetically sad." Lilith said with her hands together, still unconvinced.

"Hey, don't call me a liar just because of your ignorance! I am not a liar and I can prove it!" King said as he marched out of the room, angry and determined.

"Ignorance?! How dare he call ME ignorant?!" Lilith said as she put a hand in her chest, offended.

"Look, I get you're angry but for some reason, this story is important to him." Luz said as she picked up a few of King's plushies and put them back in the pile. "I know it's not believable but you can at least play along."

"And why should we?" Lilith asked as she put her hands on her hips. "It's just a silly fantasy!"

"I am a house of principles, and you're asking me to lie?" Hooty said before looking away in offense. "Hoot-ragious!"

Luz sighed to them as she shook her head, his stories may seem far fetched but they make King happy. Even if it may be bad for King later, it was good for him to have confidence in himself today.

"Just go along with it. We'll find a way to break it too him gently." Luz said before hearing clatter.

Looking to the doorway, King came back with Eda's and Lilith's staffs in his arms but struggled to get them through the door way. Eventually, he carried them in vertically.

"Alright, you two shall regret ever doubting my backstory!" King said as he pointed to Hooty and Lilith. "We're going on a trip to my castle!"

"Castle?" Luz asked in surprise, he had an actual castle?!

"What's the matter, Luz? I thought you'd jump at the chance to visit King's castle!" Hooty said with a tease, stretching around her shoulders. "Unless you want to sa-"

A backhand to his face shut Hooty up before she addressed King.

"Sure, let's check it out. I am curious to see what your kingdom was like." Luz said, half lying as she went to grab Eda's staff.

"Fine. But I am only coming because you insulted my historical knowledge and I cannot let that stand." Lilith said as she grabbed her staff from King before turning to Hooty. "Hooty, care to come along as well?"

The house demon gasped in shock and delight, for once he could go on an adventure!

"Oh my hoot! I'll get ready!" he said as he stretched to a closet and opened it, reaching in and pulling out a large birdhouse with backpack straps and a hole in it.

Everyone was curious of the bird house before Hooty, in some UNGODLY WAY, ripped his long bird body from out of the front door and shoved it all inside of the birdhouse backpack! There was no no absence of disgusting noises and actually organs visible from inside of the house door as everyone watched in shock, unable to look away.

"Porta-Hooty is ready for duty!" Hooty said with the same smile.

No one could reply as Lilith held her chest with a look of horror, King was crying from being scarred for life, and Luz was dry heaving to the floor but trying her best NOT to vomit.

'I regret EVERYTHING.' Luz thought as she covered her mouth, trying to stop heaving.

After Luz was finished dry heaving, the group left the owl house to fly to King's castle as Eda came down from a nice hot shower upstairs.

"Luz? King?" She asked, not seeing them around the house. "Where the hell is everyone? Oh well, at least now I have a chance to put my feet out."

Laying in the couch, Eda disconnected her feet from below the knees and put them out in front of her as she leaned her head back to relax. She let out a sigh before opening her eyes to see a note on King's "army."

"Oh crimity, not again!" Eda shouted as she rushed off the couch, falling to the floor as she forgot to reattach her feet! "Titan dang it!"

After getting her feet back on and changing into her normal clothes, Eda rushed out the door to the small shack next to the house and threw the door open. She came barreling with the Glyphing Gun strapped to her back, a bandolier of glyph TP, and riding her bathtub with a propeller and a bicycle inside to drive on the boiling sea!

-A few hours later-

After flying a great distance from the owl house, the group had finally found something in the middle of the Boiling Sea. A mysterious island that looked like it was surrounded by a stone wall with a white pillar in the middle of it and a lush forest around it as fog surrounds it. Possibly to hide it for some reason.

"There it is!" King said, pointing to the island.

"That's your castle?" Luz asked in surprise and awe.

"Yeah!" King said with glee!

"This can't be right. This island shouldn't be here, it doesn't show up on any charts or maps." Lilith said as they descended, flying closer to the island.

"Really? It's always here when I return it." King said with a smug look.

They landed on the beach before the jungle and took off on foot.

"After I was shrunk, I woke up to Eda carrying me away in her arms like a guardian angel." King said as he held his hans together.

"Wow, so this is where Eda found you." Luz muttered to herself.

"Hey, look! Through the fog!" Hooty said, stretching from the backpack.

They all watched the fog clear a bit and reveal the white pillar castle in the middle of the island, but with a closer look, they could see it was cracked with some sort of hole at the top left corner.

"Ah. There's no place like home." King said with a smile under his skull.

The group trekked through the jungle, struggling a bit with how thick and wild it was.

"You know, while that tower is intriguing-" Lilith suddenly tripped and Hooty used his face to keep her balanced. "Thank you, Hootcifer. As I was saying, couldn't we have landed a little closer?"

"The jungle is too dense. The tree tops are so thick, that flying through is next to impossible." King said, pointing up to the thick tree tops above them. "Plus, I wouldn't have had the chance to do...this!"

Pulling up some long leaves back, King revealed a that they were a few meters away from the entrance to the pillar tower!

It a huge door shaped like a old fashioned keyhole with golden inner walls, standing before a set of stairs. It was blocked with large boulders as the group looked at it with awe.

"Damn, now that's a door." Luz said with wide eyes.

"Exactly! A door fit for a tyrant! Like me!" King said with glee before they approached it.

As they approached it, they noticed strange carvings on the gold lining as King climbed onto one of the boulders.

"You guys wait here. I'll clear the path for you." King said before he wiggled through the space between the boulders.

"I could just punch through with the power glyph." Luz said but King didn't listen.

Lilith looked towards the golden lined interior of the keyhole and touched it.

"This material, it looks like gold but it feels completely different. And this symbol carved inside it, I've never seen anything like it in any history book." Lilith said about the doorway.

"Pff! It just looks like bad graffiti. I should know, I've been tagged with better graffiti." Hooty said, showing some of his worm like body being covered in graffiti Luz had done to him.

"Luz, come here and look at this! These carvings predate any language I've studied." Lilith said as Luz came over to look at it herself. "King's story may be fake but these ruins are a historical find! A history mystery if you will!"

Lilith giggled like a little school girl before some the boulders blocking the door fell, making them jolt a bit before looking to see King sitting on one.

"What'd I miss?" He asked.

"Nothing much, just Lilith nerding out over these carvings in your castle." Luz said, gesturing to Lilith.

"HA! So even though I "lied," Lilith is impressed by my castle and wants to study it! Talk about a flip-flopped! Ahahahahaha!" King said before spinning around and jumping into the castle.

Lilith looked annoyed at Luz with a firm frown and squinted eyes.

"Hey, I'm just telling the truth. It's what you wanted, right?" Luz replied as they walked into the keyhole doorway.

'Not sounding like that.' Lilith thought bitterly.

Luz and Lilith used their glyph gloves to create light orbs and illuminate the room before gasping in awe. The room once lit was large and littered with rocks stacked to make the same figure of something with two or three round rocks as a body and a crescent-shaped head placed horizontally. There were also pillars similar to that of cacti with a large star chart over the keyhole door behind them.

"Behold! In this chamber, I would devour the hearts of my foes! I wonder what your heart would taste like, Luz." King said to his human friend.

"My guess? Fruit punch." Luz said, joking a bit with a small smile.

The trio explored the inside as no other sentient being was around, Luz walked behind King to lit his way as a large shadow passed over both of them. Luz spun on her feet to see what it was, only to find more of the small rock figures with crescent-shaped heads.

'What the hell was that?' Luz thought before King jumped onto her shoulder, surprising her again.

"Must be a lot to take in, huh? How amazing my castle is." King said to Luz.

"Yeah, it's a real beauty." Luz said as King jumped off her shoulder and they continued walking around.

While they continued to explore the room, Lilith and Hooty found a shocking sight! Carved and painted into a wall was a large, bearded, and muscular demon that looked shockingly like King!

"T-This carving, it's has to be over hundreds of years old!" Lilith said as she held her light orb closer to see it.

"But that could only mean that King-" Hooty said as Lilith turned to him.

"Was telling the truth! This island, these ruins! There's so much history here that nobody has even known of, except King." Lilith said as she turned to Hooty in shock. "He may truly be, the king of demons!"

The duo turned to Luz and King as the smaller demon stood before a pile of rocks in front of another carving, this one of a another giant that looking like King fighting another dig isn't that had half of it's head broken off!

"Ahahaha! It's good to be home." King said before he began to cry a bit, wiping his eyes. "I-I got something in my eye. There aren't tears or anything!"

Looking away from King's crying, Luz looked up to see an opening in the ceiling that was sealed off with several large rocks just like the front entrance was.

"Hey, King, you said you remember falling from somewhere in your memories? You think that's where you fell from?" Luz asked as she pointed up to the ceiling opening.

"I'm not sure, maybe. All I remember is a muffled roar while I fell, maybe a minion calling out my name in glory." King said with pride, his hands on his hips.

"Sure." Luz said with an eye roll. "How about we head back now? You've proved your point about being a demon king. Plus, Eda might be throwing a fit after we just took off like-"

Luz was cut off and hit in the back of the head by Hooty as he came rushing in, curving around to King.

"Ah fuck!" Luz cursed in pain.

Luz rubbed her head as she got up fro mine ground, seeing Hooty and Lilith fawn over King like he was the new emperor. They were practically vacuum cleaning with how much they were sucking up to him. Luz grabbed Eda's staff from the ground before a hissing sound hit her ears.

"Huh?" She let out as she turned to the noise, seeing claw marks on the floor and walls down a hallway.

'Something is here.' Luz thought as she looked to her friends, who were still sucking up to King. 'And it looks like I'm the only one who heard it.'

Putting the staff between Hooty's portable backpack and Lilith's back, Luz left the group to follow the noise before finding a new room and gaining a look of shock. The room was covered with large cob webs and held bigger versions of the statues from the other room yet they were in a different and almost humanoid shape! Each one appeared to be standing in a special slot and covered some sort of gunk while they fell apart.

"What the hell are these things?" Luz asked, moving her light orb around to see, ducking under one "arm" as she looked around.

Looking up, Luz felt her mouth dry at the side of dozens more slots spiraling up the tower. Seemingly endless.

She gulped and silently thanked the Titan they weren't alive as she continued to look around before finding a slot EMPTY.

"Oh no." Luz mumbled before hearing the hissing again, louder and right behind her!

Luz turned around and saw SOMETHING running away from her, towards the previous room!

'Guys!' Luz thought as she ran after the thing!

Once she made it back, Luz saw that creature was nowhere to be found and saw her friends still looking over the ruins!

"Get the lead out, people! We need to get out of here now!" Luz screamed as she ran up to them, stopping their looking.

"But there's still so much to study here." Lilith argued, wanting to stay longer.

"No, this field trip is over! There is something here and it has been following us!" Luz shouted to them before pointing to the scratched up hall. "Not it mention there's a bunch of creepy stone statues in there!"

"Oh, you must mean the horrifying monstrosity room." King said as he jumped off of Lilith's shoulder. "It's fine. They haven't worked in years, they're basically harmless now."

"Hsssssss." A hissing was heard as everyone looked around.

"You say that but then what could've made that sound?" Luz asked as she created a large light orb, illuminating the entire room.

The group looked around before finding the statue, now a living golem, crawling on the ceiling! It hissed once more as it turned it's crescent moon shaped head right side up to gaze straight at them.

"Like I said, let's go!" Luz shouted as she picked up King and grabbed Lilith by the hand, running towards the exit!

The golem jumped from the room and landed before the group, stand up with a hunch. It raises its right hand before mud began to pool into it before forming 3 sharp claws! It swung at Luz but she stepped back to dodge, ducking under another before she threw a side kick to push it back! Lilith moved to help, using her glyph glove to create an ice lance and threw it at the golem and impale it against pile of rubble.

"Nice throw, Lilith!" Luz said as Lilith helped her up.

"Admire later, leave now!" Lilith said as they continued running to the exit.

As they did, the golem expanded its chest around the ice lance and moved up from it to be free. It hissed again as it ran after them, jumping and crawling on the ceiling before cutting them off!

"Shit!" Luz said as she put King down and brought both her fists up.

The golem turned to her like she was the man threat and shifted its left hand into an axe, raising it to kill Luz. Luz prepared for it before a blast of fire knocked the golem away, shocking everyone! Coming from the entrance of the tower, Eda jumped down before the group and holding the Glyphing Gun at the ready.

"Everyone, get out of here! I'll hold it off!" Eda said as she loaded a roll of glyph T.P. in the front.

"What? No! We can fight this thing together!" Luz said to her as the golem got up, smoking from the fire.

"Luz, this isn't up for discussion. You're strong but you can't handle this thing! Just go!" Eda said as she turned in the Glyphing Gun and pressed the TP, firing the roll as it became a flamethrower! "Now!"

Everyone watched as Eda pushed back the golem, which held its arms up in an attempt to block the flames. Seeing that Eda could handle things, they continued to to head to the exit and left Eda to fight.

"Not like last time is it, muck boy?" Eda taunted the golem, which hissed loudly at her.

The flamethrower continued for a minute more as Eda slowly backed up of the tower, right as the glyph roll ran out.

'Aw nuts.' Eda thought as the golem noticed and jumped at her, with the axe hand ready!

Eda prepared to use her glyph glove before someone jumped in and kicked the golem in the head, sending it flying and crashing into some small statues!

"Luz?!" Eda said in shock as Luz landed next to her.

"Did you honestly think I would leave you to fight this thing alone?" Luz asked Eda.

"No but I thought you'd listen to me and get outside! This place has a barrier that the golem can't pass!" Eda said pointing to the door.

"Then why didn't you just say that?!" Luz asked.

"I was in the moment! And you should've just listened to me!" Eda said as she grabbed Luz's arm and dragged her to the door way! "Now let's go!"

Luz didn't like it but followed anyway as the golem was right on their tails! Thinking fast, Luz used her left glove to fire a light orb at the golem! It dodged the orb easily but the orb gave off a flash than made it stumble before shaking its head, continued its charge! Luz and Eda managed to make it out the keyhole door as the golem jumped into the air, preparing to slice them to pieces with its axe before a blue appeared in front of it to stop it from coming out!

"Woah!" Luz said in awe of the barrier.

"Like I said, there's a barrier it can't pass or else it'll be useless." Eda said with a smirk.

"That's all well and good but what is this thing?" Lilith asked as she, Hooty, and King walked up to them.

"It's a sort of guard meant to protect this place. Almost got me and King when we were here a long time ago." Eda said to them.

"But this is my castle. So why would it assume we're intruders?" King asked, looking to everyone.

An awkward silence fell upon the ground as the truth seemed to finally rear its head but no one had the guts to say it...until now.

"Maybe it's because this isn't a castle, King." Luz said, looking down to him.

"What? But that's not right. It has to be." King said as he looked to Luz, becoming sad. "Why would you say that? I'm not lying about this."

"Look, I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying that maybe what you know isn't the truth." Luz said to him.

"But-But- I-" King stuttered to her.

"Luz is right, King. What you know...isn't the truth." Eda said, drawing all attention to her as she sighed sadly. "I tried for so long to protect you from it but it seems like I can't do that anymore."

Placing the glyphing gun on the ground and sitting on a stone, Eda began the story of how she and King meet 8 years ago.

"It was 8 years ago, I discovered this island while trying to escape the Emperor's Coven and the Boiling Rain. It just appeared from the mist and didn't show up on any maps, so I thought it was be the perfect hiding spot. I needed shelter and saw the tower in the middle of the island. I went in and found nobody around, just these strange statues and writing on the walls. That's when I found you, building one of your little "followers."" Eda said, remembering when King was just a little baby. "He was just an adorable little guy until that golem thing came out of nowhere and started attacking us. Logically, I did the rational thing and grabbed him before running out of the place. The golem couldn't follow but it would still attack with a sort of spear and it got King right in his left horn."

"So that's why his memory is fuzzy. The impact must rattled his mind." Luz said, looking down to King's chipped left horn.

"After that, I took him home and got you a collar because that's what you do with pets. Then on day, you started making more followers and I commented how you were a "king among his subjects."" Eda said as she looked a bit happy. "It was actually your first word and from then on, I told you more about what a king is and what they do. That's how you got the idea you were some feared overlord. I know it was wrong to lie to you but it made you so happy."

"And you played along with it until now." Lilith said, finishing the story as King looked shocked and doubtful.

"No...No. you're lying to me." King said in denial.

"No, King. I'm not lying to you anymore." Eda said as she reached into her hair.

Everyone gasped as Eda pulled out the missing top half of King's broken left horn!

She offered it to him, seeing his hesitation, before King grabbed it and a surge of memories came rushing back. His TRUE memories.

His loyal subjects were just those small statues inside, all built by him. And his feasts, were just bugs and leaves he would scrounge for.

"M-My army...my feasts...my whole life...was a lie." King said before throwing the horn to the ground. "No! No! Keep that think away from me, it's messing with my brain!"

"King, just calm down. It's going to be alright." Luz said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No, no no no nononono!" King said before slapping Luz's hand away and trying to run, but Luz grabbed him! "LET ME GO!"

"King, stop! We can talk about this!" Luz said as she stood, holding a squirming and crying King in her arms. "I know this is a lot to take in but if you ju-"

"SHUT UP! You don't know anything! Let me go! Let me go!" King shouted, turning around to punch Luz repeatedly!

Luz flinched from his hits but didn't let go, his frustration was spilling out and someone needed to act as a sponge.

"I get that you're upset but who cares? You still have so much in lif-"

"WHAT DO I HAVE?! A fake kingdom?! An army of useless plushies?! What do I have to be great full for in this life?!" King shouted at her, his tears blinding him!

"YOU HAVE ME, DON'T YOU?!" Luz shouted, making King stop his punching, looking at her with tears in his eyes. "You have me, one of your best friends. I'm sorry I lied to you about this, I just wanted to make you happy, but you need to see you still have so many other things in life that's real and true! So tell me, what do you have?"

Sniffing and crying, King looked towards everyone else and remembered the times he had that weren't fake.

The time when he was young and Eda told him all those kingly stories to make him happy, he couldn't stop smiling and wagging his tail.

The time Luz gave him his fake crown and un-crumbled it, just to make him feel better about being a "king."

The time Hooty helped him destroy a traitorous boot camp of living toys and they hugged.

The time at the carnival, where he gave Gus and Willow pieces of his locket as a symbol of friendship to them.

And even the small moment a while ago, where Lilith was fascinated with what King knew about the drawings in the tower.

"I...I still have all of you." King said, still crying but feeling a bit better. "I still...have my friends."

"Exactly." Luz said as she set King on the ground. "Even if you're not a king of demons, you're still someone that's important to all of us."

"She's right." Eda said as she walked up to them and kneeled down. "I'm sorry I lied to you and from now on, I'll tell you only the truth."

"You promise?" King asked, rubbing his nose.

"I promise." Eda said with a smile.

King nodded before he jumped and hugged Eda, surprising her before she hugged him back. It just now occurred to Luz but it was like seeing a mother comforting her son.

"My heart, it's melting." Hooty said with tears in his eyes as Lilith patted his head.

"It is a touching moment." Lilith said softly, smiling at the two.

As they continued to hug, Luz gazed back at the tower and recalled what King said about his memories. One of them was nagging at her about him falling and that plugged up hole in the ceiling.

'Maybe that memory was real.' Luz thought as she looked to everyone.

"Let's go home. I think we've had enough for one day." Eda said as she and King broke apart.

"I don't think we should leave just yet." Luz said, getting everyone's attention. "One of King's memories was falling from a high place and a bright light above him, from what I saw inside that memory might have been real."

"Yeah, and?" King asked, his eyes finally dry.

"That means something about you past MUST be in here. Eda said she found you all alone, so this place isn't a castle. It could be where you were born." Luz said as she pointed to the tower. "It's sounds like a long shot but I think we should investigate this tower a little more."

"And what of the golem inside?" Lilith asked.

"You can leave him to me." Luz said as she reached into her pocket, pulling out a pencil and notepad. "You guys just get to that hole and unplug it."

With a plan in mind, Luz quickly draw an invisibility glyph before handing the notepad to Eda and running towards the entrance. She saw the golem was gone for the moment and her large light orb was still illuminating the inside. Perfect conditions for her.

'Round two, ugly!' Luz thought as she took a deep breath, putting the glyph on her chest and activating it!

Luz jumped in as she became unseen, landing with a thud as the golem looked up to see nothing.

"Hsssssss." It let out as its bottle rattled a bit, cracking its joints(?) as it looked around for anything.

BAM!

It was knocked back by a strong impact, making it slid back in a lean before pulling itself up and being on all limbs.

"I'm sorry." Luz said as she became visible, smirking at the golem as her right fist was up and the power glyph was glowing. "Did that hurt?"

The golem hissed at Luz before charging at her, making the human put her guard up and dodged its swipes before she threw a kick but it slithered around her leg!

'Shit! It's learning!' Luz thought as she fell back to the ground to dodge an axe swing!

The golem swung its axe at Luz as she raised her hands to form an ice shield, blocking the air as two whisks of wind blew into the tower! Deep breathes were heard as Eda, Lilith, King, and Hooty became visible again while flying in on their staffs. The invisibility glyph was useful but it was taxing.

"Are you sure Luz can handle that thing?" Lilith asked.

"I'm worried too but she can handle it." Eda said as she gazed back a bit, seeing Luz blast the golem off her leg before kipping up and charging at it. "I hope."

As the four of them got to work with the hole in the ceiling, Luz continued fighting the golem with a barrage of attacks but it slipped past each one like a snake!

"Ugh!" Luz grunted as she threw a low kick but the golem slides back and grabbed her by the face. "Aaah!"

The golem began slamming Luz back and forth against the floor like a rag doll, getting shouts of pain from Luz before it threw her to skid across the floor.

'Oh man, this hurts.' Luz thought as she slowly used her healing glyph for high speed recovery, able to get up again. 'Just a bit more though, just until they blow that hole open!'

Luz looked to the golem as it turned both hands into axes, ready to fight more. Luz decided on using her ice glyphs and create an ice gauntlets.

"Come on." Luz said as she charged at it.

Meanwhile back with the others, Eda had placed a potion bottle into the stones in the ceiling before flying back down to Lilith, Hooty, and King.

"Is it all set?" Lilith asked her.

"All set. Now we just blow it sky high." Eda said as she used her glyph glove to create an ice club. "Lily, batter up."

Lilith nodded as she used her glove to make a plant ball before setting it on fire.

"On three." Lilith said.

"One." King said.

"Two." Hooty said.

"Three!" Eda said as Lilith tossed the ball up, swinging and hitting it towards the ceiling!

The flaming plant ball hit the bottle, causing an explosion that rocked the entire pillar. This caught the golem's attention as it turned away from Luz, who quickly shield bashed it to the ground and stabbed the ice sword into its arm!

"Rah!" Luz shouted before stabbing her shield into its chest! "Now stay down!"

Luz rushed away from the golem, knowing it wouldn't stay for long, to her friends and got on Eda's staff with her and King!

"Go go go!" She said to them!

The group flew up the hole as the golem recovered and followed them, stretching itself to ledges inside the hole to climb.

"It's coming!" King shouted, pointing at the golem!

"We're almost there!" Luz said as the group reached the top of the hole! "And..."

"There's nothing here!" Eda said in surprise as they landed in the room, an empty room!

The group landed on the ground as they looked around for anything, only finding a strange doorway.

"Hoot! Hoot! It's coming!" Hooty shouted, looking in the hole!

Everyone backed away as the golem reached them, looming over them as they reached the doorway. Thing seemed to be the end before King's paw touched the door, sending a wave of energy through it!

"Huh?" He let out, looking at his paw before they fell inside!

The golem hissed loudly as it charged at them!

"Shut the doors!" Luz shouted as they quickly got up, moving to both doors and pushing them shut!

For extra insurance, Luz, Eda, and Lilith used their gloves to ice the door over to make it extra secure. They all let out a breath of release before Lilith looked around the room, gaining a look of shock.

This room is old, very old." She said with a straight, surprised face.

The rest of the group took a look at the room and could understand Lilith's surprised look. The room was decorated with decaying plants and a skylight on the ceiling. In the middle of the room is a golden pedestal with a broken eggshell and a strange symbol carved in it. King walks up to it to sees the remains of a broken eggshell, his broken eggshell.

"Looks like I was right, there was something here after all." Luz said as she walked up to King.

"And the answers that lie here. It seems that golem was meant to guard whatever was inside of this room." Lilith said as she looked around the room.

"Anything coming to mind, King? Do you remember this place?" Luz asked him.

"I don't think so but I know a way to remember." King said as he stepped on the golden symbol, walking to Eda. "Eda, my horn."

"Are you sure about this?" Eda asked him with worry.

"I am. I'm finally ready to remember." King said, holding his left paw out.

Seeing his firm look, Eda nodded to him as she reached into her hair and pulled out his horn. She handed it to King and watched as the small demon gently connected it with his head, gasping as his youngest memories returned to him.

"I remember a hearing loud roar but because I was so young, I didn't know what it meant, so I went back to sleep. A bit later, I woke up again and was out of my shell. I looked around for someone but I couldn't find them but that roar came again and I followed it to the door." King said, remembering how he crawled on the ground to the door. "When I opened the door, the golem was waiting for me. It didn't attack but grabbed me gently me before falling down the hole with me in its arms. I called out to the roar as I heard it again. I think I knew what it meant. I think it meant..."son.""

As finishing his story, King took his horn off his head before the door was smashed to pieces! The dust cleared to show golem and it was prepared to attack before King quickly got in front of the group!

"Stop." He said with his hand out.

The golem froze for a moment before it stopped attacking, moving to kneel before King and bowed its head.

"So that thing was actually trying to protect King? Well crap, egg on my face." Eda said as she and Luz walked up beside King.

"But who the heck made this thing?" Luz asked, rolling her left shoulder as she was still sore from being smashed around.

A camera clicking was heard and the group turned around, seeing Lilith taking photos of the walls of King's room.

"OH! Sorry, were we-" Lilith said before she took the photo from the camera and held it up to Hooty. "This can wait."

"HUP!" Hooty let out as he swallowed the camera in one gulp.

"See, King? Even if you aren't a demon king, you mattered a lot to someone." Luz said to him.

"Yeah, I was and...I want to find him." King said, turning around and crying again. "I'm not that old, he could still be out there somewhere. Can you guys help me?"

"Do you even need to ask?" Luz asked, smiling at him as she tussled his skull.

"Then can I keep him?" King asked, pointing to his protective golem as it hissed.

"No." Everyone instantly said.

"YES!" Hooty said as he wrapped the group up in a hug.

After being released and exiting the castle, the group learned the golem becomes lifeless outside of the barrier and completely useless/harmless. Once they carried the golem to Eda's motorized bathtub, they all flew back to the owl house with Eda driving the tub across the boiling sea.

-Back to the owl house-

Once they made it back to the house and Hooty went back into the door, Luz carried the golem up to her room. Since she shared the room with King most of the time, it was only natural to put it there in the top corner of the room. After that, Luz tucked King into into her sleeping bag as a new feeling filled the demon.

'I might not be what I thought I was but I know more about where I can from. And someone cared about me before Eda.' King thought as he carved the symbol from the tower into his dog tag with a bent fork.

"Watcha carving?" Luz asked as she sat next to him, pulling a bottle of glue from her bag and his horn in her hand.

"It's the symbol from the tower, I don't know what it means but maybe it could be my name." King said as Luz applied glue and placed the horn back on. "Ewww, gooey. Though I wished Jean-Luc could still move outside of the tower."

"Personally? I don't." Luz commented, looking towards the golem with a glare.

"Hey, Luz? Do I have to change my name since I'm not technically a "king" anymore? Or at all?" King asked, putting the fork to the side and looking worried.

"It doesn't matter if you're a real king of demons or not. You'll always be King THE demon, one of the best friends I've ever had." Luz said with a smile to him. "That's sounds like more then enough, don't you think?"

King thought about it for a moment before he looked up to Luz, smiling a bit.

"Yeah, it does sound pretty good." King said, laying down to snuggle with his rabbit Francois. "Good night, Luz."

"Night, buddy." Luz said as she kissed his head.

"Now do Francois." King said, holding up the rabbit plushie.

"Okay." Luz said as she kissed the plushie too.

"Now Jean-Luc." King said, pointing to his golem servant.

"..." Luz stared at him for a moment before she got up and quickly walked to the golem, air kissing it before leaving the room. "Sweet dreams buddy!"

Luz quickly closed the door and leaned against it, sighing.

'The things I do for that little guy.' Luz thought before leaning up from the door and walking downstairs.

In the den of the house, the Clawthorne sisters were looking over the photos Lilith took from King's castle/pillar.

"I've never seen markings like these in all my life. Could they be an ancient language?" Eda asked, sitting on the couch as she rubbed her chin.

"I'm not sure but those carvings, who or what exactly were they depicting?" Lilith asked from the left side of the coffee table, looking through a book.

"Any ideas, Ms. Punch-a-Lot?" Eda asked as Luz sat down before the coffee table.

"No clue but whatever, it's something big. And whatever we find, we'll be there for King. No matter what." Luz said as she picked up a photo, holding the same symbol King carved on his collar.

Kickboxing Class Students: 16

Flicker/Hitman stance: Amity, Boscha, and Edric.

Peek-a-boo stance: Eileen, Asriel (goat cyclops), Willow, and Viney.

Kick stance: Amelia, Skara, Bo, and Emira.

Sway/Step Back stance: Gus, Jerbo, Barcus, Cat, and Kyle (skull cap kid).

Light Glyph Uses: Illumination, blinding light blasts, flashing punches

Fire Glyph Uses: Fireballs, flaming propulsion, fire punches, fire barriers/pillars, fire flight

Plant Glyph Uses: Vine ropes/whips, giant plant constructs like a fist, fixing palismen, plant bomb to capture enemies

Ice Glyph Uses: Ice creation, ice cage, ice spikes/pillars, ice encasing, ice punch, ice wall, ice weapons

Power Glyph Uses: Increased bodily strength and magic output

Healing Glyph Uses: Healing/recovery ability to oneself or to others by touch

Glyph Glove Combo Spells:

Light and Fire = Golden Flames

Fire and Plant = Fire Whips

Ice and Fire = Water Blast

Power and Healing= High Speed Recovery

Ice and Power= Large Ice Gauntlets

Special Moves:

Nature's Wrath: a giant plant arm and fist that Luz can control for a powerful punch.

Esperanza Brillante/Shining Hope: a spiraling orb of all four glyph elements, used as a projectile or as a striking object. Effect may vary.

The Glyphing Gun: a red leaf blower with an empty paint roller was attached with a layer of duct tape at the bottom to the front nuzzle tube while a two point handle is attached to the top of the tube with two screws.

T.P. Glyph Ammunition: Fire Glyphs = Flamethrower

T.P. Glyph Ammunition: Ice Glyphs = Armor Piercing Spikes

T.P. Glyph Ammunition: Plant Glyphs = Grappling hooks or Vine Rope Shots

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 212 36
At 17 years old Luz decided to run from home she manage to go between realms and ended up on the Boiling Isles. When she decides to stay and help Eda...
7K 193 8
After Belos petrified Eda, Luz is left alone in the Owl House regretting not being able to stop it. In her sorrow and despair, a man appears. Who is...
36.2K 512 56
Alternate Universe ideas for anyone to do if they are interested as long as they give credit to me. I WILL NOT BE DOING THEM MYSELF. I do not own the...
159K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...