The thrill of the chase

By Brianna170402

Logan Lockwood is Tyler's aunt and a hybrid since Klaus turned her. Due to certain events in Mystic Falls, sh... More

Cast
Prologue
Fruit of the Poisoned Tree part 2

Fruit of the Poisoned Tree Part 1

1.3K 93 14
By Brianna170402

Logan's POV:

  I park in front of a mansion and turn off my car then get out. This may be a dangerous favor Klaus is asking for but oh well, I guess. Here it goes.

I grab my bags from the trunk and walked up the stairs towards the front door before knocking on it. After a few moments the door opens revealing Rebekah who sighs with a slight smile.

  "Well, hello, love. Have you finally decided to take me up on that offer?" She asks leaning against the doorway with a smirk while raking her eyes over my figure.

I chuckle softly, "as lovely as that sounds, Rebekah, I'm here for Klaus. He has requested my help with protecting Hayley and his children." She sighs playfully and rolls her eyes making me giggle

  "Of course he has. Hayley, can you come here, love," Rebekah calls out softly making me raise an eyebrow at her with a smile.

"What was that soft tone, Miss Mikaelson?" I question playfully and panic briefly flashes in her eyes before it disappears and she glares at me.

    Hayley appears and looks shocked to see me. "You're Tyler's aunt, right? What are you doing here?" She questions with a confused look.

  "All will be explained once you invite her in, little wolf," Klaus announces as he comes to stand next to the girls with a smirk.

"You may come in," Hayley says and they all step back as I walk in with no problem.

  "Let me help you with that, love. I'll show you to your room then we can come down and I'll explain what's gonna happen to you girls," Klaus says grabbing ahold of one of my bags to carry it for me and I smile at him in thanks.

He guides me upstairs and towards a nice looking room that will do just fine for me. "Hopefully you will like this room. Back in the day this used to be for our guests to stay in and now it is yours. You can change it up if you like to make it more suitable for you," Klaus tells me setting my bag on the bed and gestures around the room.

I set my other bag next to the other and look around in awe. "It's perfect, Klaus. Thank you. You have quite a magnificent home," I announce looking at the old designs of the room. I love learning and seeing the old history of houses or artifacts.

   He smiles at me and holds onto my arms softly, "thank you, love. Now are you sure you want to help me? You can back out right now and they'll be no hard feelings."

   "Yes, I am here to help you and your children. The kids back home feel like they don't need me anymore after everything I've done for them. And I have Liz looking after Tyler so I'm fine here. Whatever you need, master," I joke at the end with a giggle making Klaus chuckle and nudge me away slightly.

   "None of that, love. You're my friend. Now come on let's get this over with. I have to go meet with Elijah," he says with his jaw clenching at the end and I nod.

  We head downstairs towards the kitchen where 'to me' Rebekah seems to be flirting with Hayley who gives her a smile with a small blush. I wiggle my eyebrows at Klaus who snickers quietly attracting the girls attention.

   "If you're quite done, Rebekah? I need to get going," Klaus raised his eyebrow at his sister who glares at him, "Logan is here simply because I asked her too. She is here to help protect you, Hayley, and my children. Now that everything is out in the open, I have to go meet up with Elijah."

He sped off without another word being spoken leaving me alone with the two love birds. "Soo you are here to protect me and my kids?" Hayley questions and I nod.

  "Yes from witches, and the vampires here. Although I'm sure a certain Original will be more protective than I," I grin slightly making Hayley look at me confused while Rebekah glares at me behind her.  

   She picks up a blue bucket with cleaning gloves and a scrubber. "I gotta go clean the blood out of the rug Niklaus has ruined with the gift for Elijah. I'll talk to you later, love," Rebekah announces rolling her eyes slightly before smiling gently at Hayley who nods with a blush.

"May I?" I questions gesturing to an apple in the fruit bowl and Hayley nods while scooting the bowl over to me. I pick it up and bite into it slowly as I gaze at her stomach.

  "How far along are you?" I softly ask after swallowing my bite. Hayley looks down at her baby bump and her hand ghosts over it with a loving smile.

"I believe I am 4 months pregnant with twins. To tell you the truth, Logan, I'm scared of this," She hesitantly tells me and I frown slightly at that.

"Carrying hybrids babies?" I gently question with a comforting look so she doesn't feel pressured. If I was a normal girl and I was pregnant with hybrid babies I would be scared.

   "No, I don't care about that. I will carry them no matter what supernatural being they are. I'm talking about being a mother. I-I never had a great role model for a mom and I never knew my birth mom so I'm scared that I won't be the mother my kids deserve," Hayley admits getting a little teary eyed rubbing her stomach softly.

   "Well for starters you can sit so you don't strain yourself," I softly tell her with a smile gently guiding her to a stool where I help her sit on then grab her bowl of cereal and set it in front of her.

"To tell you the truth, Hayley. No one is prepared when they have a baby or babies at least not mentally. You can physically be prepared like the crib, bottles, diapers, clothes, stuff like that but you can't prepare for physically holding a baby or taking care of it. And that's ok. No one here is gonna judge you for it but I know everyone in this house including Klaus will help you along the way," I softly inform her gently setting my hand on hers.

Hayley gives me a small smile before pulling her hand away to finish eating. I smile to myself and finish my apple then threw it in the trash.

"Would you like something else? I'm sure just that bowl of cereal isn't gonna be enough for the three of you. I make a mean omelette," I joke with a wink leaning back against the fridge.

   She shakes her head, "oh that's ok. I don't want to trouble you, Logan." I chuckle quietly, I see that I'm gonna have to deal with a stubborn pregnant woman again.

    "Don't worry about it, Hayley. It's just a quick fix of an omelette. Anything you need just ask and I will do it as long as it's not a danger to you and the babies. It's something I've done before with a pregnant woman and they seem to like it," I announce turning around to go in the fridge and bring out the stuff I need to make an omelette.

  I set everything on the counter and open the cabinet to bring down a bowl. I quickly cut up a few vegetables to go with it. As I crack some eggs into the bowl I hear Rebekah walk in and wash her hands.

  "Rebekah, would you like an omelette? I'm making Hayley one," I ask grabbing a fork from the drawer to whisk the eggs in the bowl.

   "Um, sure if you don't mind," she says and I shake my head with a smile before putting the eggs mixed with small bits of vegetables in the pan with a little bit of olive oil. 

   "You said you did this before? Who with?" Hayley questions making me stop moving briefly with the spatula in mid air before I sigh and flip the omelette over.

  "With Jenna. Nobody knew but us. We wanted it to be a surprise but uh Katherine happened and she made Jenna stab herself in the stomach efficiently killing our baby who was the size of an acorn barely," I quietly announce hearing two sharp intake breaths and I clear my throat unexpectedly.

I put the two omelettes in two separate plates and sprinkle cheese on them before turning around seeing their sympathetic looks.

   "Jenna really liked them so hopefully you will as well," I tell Hayley sliding the plate over to her then to Rebekah. I grab two forks from the drawer and hand them over to the girls.

Rebekah caught my hand gently and I look up at her with a puzzled look. "I'm sorry for your loss, Logan. I really am. No one deserves to lose their child and if Katherine ever comes I will end her for you with a lot of torture involved," she says rubbing my hand gently with her thumb.

   I give her a small smile and cover her hand with my own. "Thank you but there's no need for that. I'm pretty sure she's terrorizing the Salvatore brothers," I tell her with a chuckle to mask my sadness.

She gives me a sad smile before pulling her hand away to eat her food. I get two cups and pulled the orange juice out of the fridge then poured some in and gave them to the girls. I grab the dishes I used and put them in the sink then turned on the faucet to washing the dishes.

   "I can bite her if you want," Hayley announces with a grin making me chuckle and rinse off the pan before setting it on the rack.

"Well, thank you but no. No reason for you to get stressed over my drama, sweetheart," I softly say giving her a soft smile and go back to washing the dishes.

After washing and rinsing off the dishes I set them all on the rack to dry before getting a cup and poured myself some juice.

"Thanks for the food, Logan. It was amazing. I'm gonna go get changed out of this," Hayley announces with a friendly smile gesturing to her nightgown.

  I nod, drinking my cup of juice and watch as Rebekah's eyes follow her out of the kitchen with a smile. Oh she so likes her.

  It's quite amusing to see. "Go after her," I spoke setting my cup down and Rebekah's gaze snaps towards me.

   "What?" She questions squinting her eyes at me slightly and she set her fork on the empty plate.

  "Oh come on, Rebekah. I see the way you look at her and also the way she looks at you so again I say go after her," I softly tell her and she looks down with a small blush before clearing her throat

"I don't know what you're talking about," she responds and sped away making me chuckle. Sure she doesn't . That gave me the answer already.

I gather their dishes and put them in the sink then started washing them. As I wash them I keep an ear out for Hayley who's walking up the stairs.

Hearing her story makes me want to be there for her and since I'm staying here for a while then I might as well be there. It's the right thing to do.

  I set the dishes on the rack and dried my hands then went towards the living room where I find a shelf full of books. I look some over before grabbing one and quickly skim through it.

It seems interesting. I close it and head over to a chair that looks comfy and sat down. I open the book and start reading while keeping an ear out for Hayley.

After a few minutes I hear Hayley come downstairs before I sped over in a hurry as I hear her gasp in pain.

  "What is it?" I questions setting my hands on her arms and Rebekah sped over with a look of concern. Hayley touches her neck and pulls her hand away.

  We see blood smeared on it so Rebekah pushes Hayley's hair out of the way and we see a small hole in her neck then it slowly heals.

   "This has to be Sophie related. That witch is a pain in the ass," Hayley groans slightly and wipes her hand on her jeans to wipe away the blood.

"Come on, love. Let's get you off your feet," Rebekah announces and wraps her arm around Hayley's waist then begins guiding her towards the living room. I pull out my phone to call Klaus.

"Klaus, something's happened. Hayley got poked in the neck and she said it's from Sophie. I don't why but I have a bad feeling about this," I tell him as soon as he answered.

   "Elijah and I will find out what's going on. Watch over her, Logan," he answers and hangs up in a hurry. Watch over her that I can do.

Hope you enjoy
Sorry for any mistakes
Comment and vote
Have a good day or night
Peace out ✌🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

668K 24.4K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
121K 4.4K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1M 39.8K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
352K 12.6K 56
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six โ” season se...