Sunlight - Book 3

Autorstwa RoseGoldMermaids

With the threat of the Volturi finally gone Bella and Edward decide to shut those worries up in a cabinet for... Więcej

Sunlight
Perfect
Lakeside School
Cullen
Voices
Why do I care?
Shouting
That house isn't a home
Confessions
Don't be late
Gregory
Fear
Family
Disbarred
Imprinting
Birds and the Bees
Drama
Plans
Ease My Mind
Stuff And Things
Secrets
Catatonic
Am I Dying?
Fading
Attitude and Guilt
Night Excursion
A New Rise
New Rise - [Sunlight Sequel]
CHECK IT OUT!

Hidden

17.8K 373 36
Autorstwa RoseGoldMermaids

I sat, mesmirized by the music that played just yards away. It was an elegant symphony that beckoned me into its wonderful art creation. I could feel the pull deep inside me as if each note had burrowed themselves into my every pore. I held onto every beat and measure that was the skeleton of the harmony.

As they played the last song I was taken as lyrical dancers made their way onto the stage. Now I was torn between the music and the dancers. The music won over my ears and the dancers my eyes.

The dancers with their makeup-pale skin were dressed in beautiful costumes. They looked to be made from a thin sheer fabric but it moved like silk reminding me of the effortless dance of water. Their colors were pale and many.

I kept my uttmost attention on their movements. So elegant and precise, they moved just like my aunt Alice. If I didn't know they were forsure human I would think them vampires like my family.

Just as the final song ended the dancer in the middle did a slow pliat that ended with a gong. I was the first from my seat as I rose to give an applause. It was beautiful. I grinned as I looked sideways at my father who was clapping as well, but more sublte and proper.

When the musicians and dancers took a final bow and the curtains closed I began chattering away at my father about the music and the dance.

"There is a showing here next month that you will be playing at with the rest of the orchestra. The tickets are sold out." He winked.

If it was even possible my grin grew wider. "I want to meet the dancers." I said quickly before I turned and began making my way through the crowd.

"Renesmee!" My father called.

I ignored him and continued making my way through the crowd to the stage. Climbing up the side steps I disappeared behind the curtain and headed straight to the dressing room. Just before I could reach out for the door handle it opened.

"Hey Renesmee." It was Ethan.

My face lit up. "What are you doing here?"

He grinned and held the door back wide enough for two people to pass through. It was Gracie, holding her hand was Seth.

Gracie and Seth? I couldn't believe it. Then again, now that I thought more clearly about it I remembered that Gracie was just a human who was raised by her vampire older brother.

"Yeah I know it's crazy, vampires and werewolves playing nice together." Ethan winked at me before he turned his attention to my father who had just joined our side.

"It's nice to see you all again." My father greeted as him and Ethan shook hands.

"Yes sir, always." He grinned.

"What brings you to Seattle?" My father asked.

Ethan looked over at his sister who was sitting in the corner laughing with Seth. "Seth imprinted on my sister and my sister just started at the Ballet Academy so I'm just nearby to keep an eye on things." He smiled. "I'm just used to taking care of her, even though she's soon going to be an adult it's hard to see her as anything but the little baby I rescued all those years ago."

My father nodded his head. "Do you live by yourself?"

"Hey Ethan the car is out front its time to go." A tall burly blonde haired male said.

He had popped his head in and out quickly through the side door that led to the halls so I didn't get a good look at him.

"It's nice to hear that you are doing good." He nudged my shoulder playfully. "And it's nice to see that you aren't being reckless anymore." His tone was teasing.

Him and my father shook hands before he went and said his goodbye's to his sister and Seth.

"Daddy I want to dance like Gracie." I smiled, batting my eyelashes as an extra effect to try and persuad him.

My father looked down at his watch. "We can talk about this another time but right now we have to get to our next thing on the schedule."

I pursed my lips to the side. "I'm hungry." Just then my stomach growled.

"Then we can skip the next show and get an early lunch. Hows that?" He said as he led me from the back stage and into the hall. "Go and grab your things and we can head on out."

My father went to change out, grab his things and get our vehicle while I went inside and changed back into my street clothes. After the last of the makeup was wiped off my face I grabbed my bag and went to go and find my father.

Once we were in the Suburban and on the road we began to talk about the many types of food there was in Seattle and what I wanted to eat. We settled on a upscale chinese food resturaunt next to a little bistro by the pier.

After we were sat at a table a chinese woman around my mothers age came and handed us a couple menu's. The menu's were on fancy reed paper with a golden trim and red writing. It was the same colors as the restuarants theme. The only difference were the bamboo plants everywhere.

"You are such a beautiful couple, how long have you been in love?" The woman asked us.

I looked at my father with a confused expression on my face.

"She's not my significant other she is my daughter. But her mother and I are high school sweethearts." My father responded before flashing her a crooked smile.

"Oh but you are so young in look." she said, her accent couldn't mask the shock from what my father had revealed to her.

"Looks can be decieving. If I told you my age you wouldn't believe me." He smirked. After a few more seconds of silence he handed her back his menu. "I'll have a water and-" He looked at me.

I peeked at the menu and then handed it to her as well. "Chow Mein and black pepper chicken please."

She wrote down the order on her notepad and then put it away. "She has your hair." The woman said before going into the back to take care of the order.

In less then ten minutes the sweet smell of chinese food aroma filled the vincity as my meal was sat before me.

"Such a beautiful child." the woman said before she left me to eat.

Child!

I'm not a child can't she see that? I'm an adult!

I speared a piece of chicken with my chopsticks and then ate it. After a few more small bites I wasn't that hungry anymore. I was annoyed. Annoyed at the fact people see me as a child. I took a large bite of my chow mein and then rose to my feet.

"I'm done." I murmered.

My father paid the bill, tipping largly, and then we were back in the confines of the vehicle.

"I want to go home now." I told my father as we headed to the gardens.

"Why? Aren't you having fun?"

"Of course dad but I'm.... I just am tired that's all." I did my best to focus on keeping up my shield so he couldn't see into my mind.

I saw his face turn to stone. I could tell he knew something was up. Especially when I had my shield up.

"Renesmee what are you hiding from me?"

I did my best to look confused as I looked at him. "What are you talking about?" I asked innocently. "I'm not trying to hide anything can't you tell? Look into my mind."

"I can't look into your mind because your sheild is up."

I gasped. "What! Why?" I asked, pretending to be alarmed. I just hoped I didn't give anything away. I never lied like this to my father before without breaking down completely. The first and last time was when I got detention.

At a stoplight my father turned to look at me. He was trying to read me to try and understand what was going on.

"I don't know but I guess your shield has become permanent like your mothers. The only way to take it down is to share your sheild."

I frowned. "But I don't know how, it just comes and goes. Daddy I don't like it tell me how to control it." My face was red from lying but it could have easily been from stress or emotions. My father didn't know because he couldn't read my mind anymore.

"Maybe home is a good idea. Carlisle might have some deeper insight on what's happening to your gifts."

I sighed as we headed to the harbor. I couldn't believe I had just lied to my father again. Only this time it was different since I had lied straight to his face. In a way I felt bad but I wasn't a child anymore so the feeling was different. I was different

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

18K 94 15
It is time for the cullens to move away from forks and start their new lives else where..... lets see what unfolds
193K 5K 23
Edward Cullen's move to Forks was the last thing he wanted, and Forks was the last place he wanted to be. Once he meets the beautiful Bella Swan, Ed...
331K 3.1K 71
Throughout this novel Renesmee Cullen and her family go through a lot. Renesmee finds out Jacob has imprinted on her and they finally get together, R...
1K 27 26
it takes place after breaking dawn. One night Edward and Nessie were out hunting when all of the sudden The volturs went and capture them . now its u...