The Wrong Address | COMPLETED

By Axela_16

A boy mailing a Suicide Letter to his mom, accidentally sends it to her neighbors. Which causes the upbeat As... More

| Important |
01- The Letter Arrives
02. The Letter is Read
03. Journey To Strenderville
04. Stranger To The Rescue
05. A Stranger To Confide In
06. Goodbye For Now
07. The Raid
08. Texting, Calling
09. When Friends Fight
10. Raid Day
11. Headlines
12. Headlines pt2
13. The Price of Principle
14. The Barbeque Begins
16. Thank You
17. Brother's Advice
18. Party & Penelope
19. 16 Missed Calls
20. A Huge Risk
21. A Surprise
22. A small world
23. A Fair Fight
24. The Game
25. The Results of the Game
26. Haunted
27. His Distance
28. The Big Brawl
29. For You I Will
30. Finally Over
31. Graduation
32. Prom Night
33. The Right Thing
34. Good News, Bad News
35. Closure
♥ Epilogue ♥
♥ Author's Note ♥

15. Plot Twist

1.7K 130 13
By Axela_16

Ashlin

As soon as I made it back to my friends, I saw an angry Alysia storming towards us. Her attention was trained on her target and her target was me. Other than looking extremely furious, she looked disheveled. Her hair was a mess and her light pink dress was creased all over.

"You!" She accused loudly, causing a few people to look our way.

"Alysia calm down" I whispered, hoping she'd realize she could ruin her mother's event.

It seemed she caught on, so instead of Shouting, she whispered aggressively.

"You left me to fend for myself! Baby Rosy and her gang ruined my hair!" She explained, absolutely livid.

"I'm sorry, I woke up late...I just got here" I rebutted but Alysia wasn't having it.

"I don't care for your excuses! They're by the gazebo to the side of the house. Rosey's mom is waiting for you!" She spat before storming off to most likely fix her hair.

"Well that was amusing" Jake commented, already seeming a bit tipsy.

I shook my head at him, not in the mood to make fun of Alysia.

"Well guys, I guess the children await" I spoke up, my voice leaking of the frustration I felt.

When I got to the gazebo, I saw a blonde middle aged woman sitting with a group of children. She had one on her lap that had a striking resemblance to her. I figured it was Rosey's mom and the girl on her lap was Rosey.

"Hey, I'm Ashlin... I'm supposed to watch them now" I introduced as I approached them.

The lady looked relieved, as if she was in a cell for years and was about to be let out.

"Oh, thank the Lord" the lady voiced, her thick southern accent pushing through.

I smiled at her and took the girl that was on her lap. She returned my big smile and patted down her skirt before bidding the children goodbye. Before she left she warned the girl in my arms, telling her to be a dear.

Rosey agreed and smiled at her mother, waving her little hand at her mom's back. Then her mother was out of sight and I was left with the children. They all peered at me in awe, with a bit of excitement. They were all so cute, they seemed nothing like Alysia described.

"Are you a fwairy pwincess?" Little Rosey asked her words a bit weird.

She was so sweet and I was flattered by the question.

"No, I'm just a normal girl like you" I answered honestly.

"You look like a princess though" a little boy joined.

He had red hair, chubby cheeks and freckles across his nose.

"Well you look like a prince" I teased, causing the boy to blush.

Yet someone interrupted the little moment.

"Stop lying, Marso looks like a tomato" a boy a bit taller than all the others spoke.

He seemed to be the eldest of the bunch, probably around 8 years.

"Well if he's a twomato, you're a lemwon!" Rosey shouted, defending Marso.

Although their little fight was amusing, I knew I had to end it.

"Ok Guys! No time for arguing...who wants to play a game?" I asked in a sugary sweet voice.

"Meeeeeee!" They all shouted, except for the tall boy.

"Ok great, let's play a game of tag!" I spoke, causing excitement to overcome them.

Cheers erupted as they all rushed to hug my legs. I guess they saw me as the fun babysitter because they weren't causing trouble. My hair and clothes was still intact. Which lead me to wonder why they'd been so harsh to Alysia.

The children ran around playing tag and I joined in here and there. Yet my energy didn't match theirs. They were little balls of  sugary energywhile I was just a pebble of energy.

So as I let them play and joined the tall boy from earlier on the seat in the gazebo. I kept my eyes on the others to ensure they were playing safe, while I tried my best to converse with the tall boy. He wasn't having it at all. As his little lips turned up into a frown.

"Hey what's your name?" I started, simple and friendly.

He rolled his eyes before answering and it amused me way more than it offended me.

"Victor"

It was a short answer and personally I didn't mind because I didn't need to know his full name.

"Why aren't you playing with the others Victor?" I asked softly.

"Tag is for losers" he replied, his face one of boredom.

"Well, what do you want to play?" I asked.

"Paintball, Jump force, FIFA... anything with real action." He confided, looking at the others with distaste.

"When I see your mom, I'll tell her to bring you by next week for some Jump force" I promised, looking right at him as he looked right back at me.

"Deal, your not so bad after all" He agreed, a smile finally on his adorable face.

It was around 5pm when the parents came for their children. Most of them left and only Victor  and Rosey remained. Apparently their parents were bat shit drunk, so I had to keep them while their partners were on their way to fetch them.

We were now on the living room couch, Rosey was on my lap and Victor was laid out on the seat. Rosey was napping but Victor was still awake, staring into space. The Barbeque wasn't exactly over, as Alysia always had a Karaoke with her friends in the night.

It was a silly thing she made up but the teens always came out to support.

So basically that was the only thing I got to be apart of other than babysitting.

"Hey Ash, Let me watch the kids for you, you deserve a break" Mom offered as she entered the living room.

She looked well rested as if she hadn't been at the barbeque all day.

So I gladly accepted her kindness. However, Victor was having none of it. He quickly stood up with me when I placed Rosey into mom's arms. Letting me know he was sticking with me.

So I smiled down at him and took his hand. Then together we made our way out back to enjoy the Karaoke. Alysia was on the stage, hosting like she was born to do just that. While a huge gathering of Youths watched her.

"I'm so happy you all came out! Now we will get into our surprise duets, I'll pick one person from the crowd and they'll bring someone with them to sing a Mystery song!" Alysia spoke, explaining for the people who were new to the whole thing.

Luckily for me, I've never been selected. I would literally fall off the stage from anxiety.  However the duets were always amazing. As if Alysia had a gift for randomly selecting singers.

"So I've found my pick for tonight, I call the Guy by the punch table to the stage!" Alysia announced, causing all eyes to fall on the tall figure.

A tall figure I was familiar with...

My jaw dropped when I realized it was Zion and I wasn't the only one surprised. As people around me erupted in whispers. Even Victor was surprised which was shocking, I never knew Zion was so well known.

"Omg, that's Zion!" Alysia, exclaimed probably not realizing she still had the microphone at her lips.

A few people laughed at her mistake, then returned their focus to Zion.

Zion awkwardly waved in the direction of the crowd. Probably confused about what was going on.

"You have to pick a random person from the crowd to do a duet with you" Alysia explained once more, her voice back to normal as she had regained composure.

Zion scanned the crowd slowly, searching for someone he was comfortable with to do the duet. After about a minute of  searching a devious smile crossed his face as he locked eyes with his target. It was another guy around his height, with short brunette hair.

"I'm doing it with him" he declared, pointing straight at the boy, who was glaring playfully at him.

"Perfect" Alysia commented, as the crowd erupted in cheers for Zion and the unknown boy, who I was certain I'd seen somewhere before.

As they got on stage, the screen revealed the mystery song. It was Wolves by Selena Gomez and I highly doubted the boys knew the song. They were probably going to just read the lyrics from the screen.

However, I was extremely mistaken as the boy with the short hair started the song on key.  He sang as if he'd been practicing the song for an audition and he actually didn't sound bad.

When the chorus came in Zion joined in on the singing. Yet the boy from before had a more powerful voice so we barely heard Zion's voice. As if Zion was also intentionally keeping his voice low, to keep us from hearing.

However, It was all still so lovely. I found myself listening intently, unable to move as I held little Victor's hand. Alysia had done it again, she really did have a gift for picking well.

As the song was coming to an end, Zion's hazel eyes met my dark brown ones and I froze. The look on Zion's face was one of pure happiness. As if he had been looking for me all day and finally I was there. Then his happiness turned Into something I couldn't really decipher as he looked at something or someone behind me.

A hand tapped my shoulder and I turned to face a man who was the exact image of little Victor. Only taller and older. It was most definitely his Dad, I had no doubt.

A woman was by the man's side, she looked everything but sober. So I put the  pieces together and realized that it was Victor's mom. As if on cue Victor released my hand and approached them.

"Mom, Dad!" He yelled in happiness as the man caught him up in the air then placed him back on his feet.

"Champ!" The man greeted as he knelt down to hug his son.

It was such a wholesome moment and I smiled at the scene.

Yet the moment ended as the man looked shocked by someone beside me.

It was Zion...

How in the world he appeared beside me so quickly, was beyond me. Yet it all got even more bizarre when the man greeted Zion as of they were best friends. Yet Zion was looking at the woman in disbelief. Ignoring the man completely.

"Mom" he whispered, causing me to do a double take.

"Mom?" I voiced my confusion, looking at Zion, then the woman...then back at Zion again.

Oh........

Wow

Now that was a Plot Twist no one saw coming.

Guys! It's Zion's mom! Did you see that coming?! I know I didn't 😂
Please vote to show your support and leave a comment ✨ We'll get more in-depth in the next Chapter.
See ya in the next bit;)
~Axela

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 1.1K 43
COMPLETED : 28th APRIL, 2018 ---------------------- "The real challenge is to love the good and the bad together, not because you need to take the ro...
2.9M 78.8K 53
After an incident three months ago and her parent's divorce, Reina Caverly finds a way to cope: cutting herself. Her mother's a workaholic, her siste...
236K 11.6K 65
Trevor Jenkins, a reclusive individual, appeared to have everything he wanted in life as the only son of a millionaire. However, behind the picture-p...
7.6K 1K 36
🔱 BROKEN 🔱 A feeling of hopelessness, loneliness and despair. A feeling that leaves a person empty, blank and stone cold because of it. Usually acc...