Living With Mr. CEO

De lovergirlcrissy

Xavier Heartford is one of the youngest billionaires in New York. He pursued his dream of following in his fa... Mais

➳ Hello ✑
➳ Living With Mr. CEO ✑
➳ Chapter One - Dinner ✑
➳ Chapter Two - Wrecked ✑
➳ Chapter Three - Surprise ✑
➳ Chapter Four - Dirty Thoughts ✑
➳ Chapter Five - Office Drama ✑
➳ Chapter Seven - Terrified ✑
➳ Chapter Eight - Sooner ✑
➳ Chapter Nine - Floating ✑
➳ Chapter Ten - Like Brothers ✑
➳ Chapter Eleven - We Should Celebrate ✑
➳ Chapter Twelve - Chef's Choice ✑
➳ Chapter Thirteen - Girl's Night ✑
➳ Chapter Fourteen - Office Kisses ✑
➳ Chapter Fifteen - Japan ✑
➳ Chapter Sixteen - Japan part two ✑
➳ Chapter Seventeen - Japan part three ✑
➳ Chapter Eighteen - Home Sweet Home ✑
➳ Chapter Nineteen - Nervous ✑

➳ Chapter Six - Face To Face ✑

27K 753 22
De lovergirlcrissy

Nicole's POV:

The next day I decided to go shopping again. I was lucky it was the weekend so work wasn't an issue. I already got a lot of clothes when Mr. Heartford took me to the mall but let's face it, as a woman, I needed more than just clothes.

I had already managed to use up what little makeup I had left in my purse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hideous but I'm not much of a morning person. I at least try to look somewhat presentable for work.

I called a cab to come pick me up because I didn't want to disturb Mr. Heartford. And I just felt like I needed some time to myself. I still haven't come to terms with the fact of how I felt about living with him.

I would probably have to fast track finding a new apartment before thing took a turn for the worst. He wasn't a bad guy, but I guess that was also the problem. He was just so kind and generous not to mention charming.

The cab finally pulled up, pulling me out my thoughts as well. I suppose that was a good thing. I shouldn't be thinking about my boss in that way.

After getting some essentials, I decided to buy breakfast for Mr. Heartford. I was the least I could do. I saw a small cafe a few buildings down and started walking towards it.

As I walked in the bell at the top of the door rang. I ordered a few bagels and two cups of coffee to go. While I was waiting on the food near the counter, the bell rang indicating someone else came in. Then I came face to face with him.

"I thought it was you, hello Nicole," he greeted in deep voice.

"Taylor," I whispered.

He was my ex-boyfriend, well technically we never broke up, I just left. I was too hard for me to stay in that town so I left everything behind and came to live in New York.

"I've missed you," he said.

"I have to go," I said as soon as the waitress behind the counter handed me my order.

"You don't expect me to let you go a second time, do you?" he asked. "I've spent the past five months looking for you," he added.

"How did you find me then?" I asked.

"It's a long story, maybe we could talk about it over breakfast?" he asked.

"I can't, I'll call you," I said. "You still have the same number right?" I asked.

"Yes I do, please don't go yet," he said gripping my wrist.

"I really should get going, I'll call you, I promise," I said then I walked out of the cafe.

I got a cab quickly after. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or not. When I thought I saw him the other day it brought back so many memories. One things for sure, Taylor was here in New York, I wasn't imagining things.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

Xavier's POV:

I went out for my morning run like I usually do, but when I got back the house was quite. I guessed she was still asleep so I didn't disturb her.

I made myself a cup of coffee and turned on the television. There wasn't much on except the morning news and talk shows. I put it on one of the news channels and I started to go through my phone.

I spent the next couple of hours checking and replying to emails and flipping through the channels before I finally decided to check up on her. I made my way down the hall to her bedroom. I knocked lightly on the door but I didn't hear anything on the other side.

"Ms. Anderson are you awake?" I asked but there was no reply.

I opened the door only to be met by an empty bed. Both the bathroom and closet were empty as well. All her things were still there, just not her.

"Jessie do you happen to know where Ms. Anderson is?" I asked.

"No sir I don't," he replied.

"I thought I told you to keep an eye on her!" I said annoyed.

"I'm sorry sir, I-" he started saying as I heard the front door.

"It's fine don't worry about it, just make sure you keep a close eye on her from now on," I said.

I walked closer, it was her. I let out a relieved sigh. She was walking towards me, one hand holding a few bags and the other a cup holder. She dropped the bags when her eyes met mine. I guess I startled her, I suppose it was only fair she had me worried. Why? I couldn't quite figure out.

"Where were you, I was worried," I said breaking the silence.

"Sorry, I just went out to get a few things," she said with a wide smile.

"Make sure Jessie goes with you next time," I said.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because, Ms. Anderson, I said so," I said. "Was anyone with you?" I asked.

I wasn't trying to be intrusive but what if something had happened to her while she was all by herself. If Jessie was there at least he would be able to protect her.

"Look sorry, it's just you're in a top position in the company now, you'll be working very closely with me from now on and the world of filled with a lot of crazy people who would do anything for information, money- you name it," I explained.

"I understand your concern but I wouldn't sell you out or do anything to put the company at risk," she replied.

"That's not what I mean, I would just hate if something happened to you because of me," I said.

"Why don't you call me by my first name?" she asked. "I mean you insist that I call you Xavier yet you refer to me as Ms. Anderson," she added.

"Because..." I replied. It was obvious she was trying to change the subject.

"Because, what?" she asked.

Because I have to. Because I don't want to get used to the way your name feels on my tongue. Because I don't want to become attached to you unless you're mine.

I couldn't bring myself to answer her so I just walked away.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

Nicole's POV:

I honestly don't understand why he's upset. I didn't mean to upset him. I just didn't want him to know I saw Taylor. I mean it wasn't any of his business. But I guess I should have left a note or something, I was staying at his house after all. He did have a point, as his assistant I would have access to a lot of information about him and the company now. I hadn't really thought about that being around him would definitely draw in attention and if anyone finds out I'm living with him too it would be bad for the both of us.

After a few minutes of contemplating I finally decided to go apologize. I made my way down the hall passed my bedroom. I came face to face with three doors, one on the left, one on the right and another straight ahead.

I opened the one on the right. It looked like an office. Xavier had his back turned away from me and he was looking out the window.

"I wanted to apologize for before, I should have let you know I was going out, and about the other thing it doesn't matter...." I said.

"You don't have anything to apologize for, I overacted, I'm the one who should apologize for my childish behavior," he said turning to face me.

I didn't want to get into details. Who knows what could happen. What we might say. So I decide to talk about something else.

"You know you never gave me a tour of this place," I said smiling.

"How rude of me," he said returning a smile. He lead us out of the office.

"That door leads downstairs," he said pointing to the one straight ahead.

"There's a downstairs?" I asked confused.

His house was pretty simple. Well as simple as a million dollar beach house could get. It had an open concept living room, kitchen and dining. It was pretty huge but it just didn't look like a two story from the outside.

"Jessie lives downstairs," he said.

"Does he have a family?" I asked.

"Divorced, he takes a vacation every once in a while to visit his daughter," he replied.

"That's very kind of you," I said.

"It was the least I could do," he said shrugging.

"What's behind that door?" I asked pointing to the one on the left.

"My bedroom," he said.

"Oh," I said my cheeks suddenly becoming heated.

"You can take a look if you want," he said.

"Nope, that's okay, I'm good right here," I quickly replied gaining a chuckle from him.

"Come, I want to show you something," he said leading us towards the kitchen.

There was a sliding door beside the stove. I've never really been in the kitchen to have noticed it before. It lead to a deck out looking the ocean. It was absolutely breath-taking.

"Wow," I said getting closer to the railing.

"Relaxing isn't it? This is why I don't live in the city," he said.

I was about to reply when a ring interrupted me. He pulled out the iPhone from his pocket and scrunched up his eyebrows.

"Excuse me," he said turning away from me.

"Hartford," he said then waited for the other person to reply.

"What! Are you serious?" he asked sounding upset.

"It's not your fault, I'll be there as soon as I can," he said taking a deep breath and put the phone back I his pocket.

"There are a few things at the office that require my attention," he said.

"Go ahead, I'll be fine," I said reassuringly.

"I won't be long," he said then he left.

About five minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Did you forget your keys?" I asked opening the door but Xavier wasn't behind it.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

1K!!!!!!! Thank you so much for reading. Bit of a cliffhanger but the mystery man was finally reviled........ amongst other things ;) Who's at the door? Keep reading to find out ^_^

1557 words

Picture of Taylor at the top

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

211K 5.3K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
219K 10K 126
[COMPLETED] Two souls caged by their hearts and minds. One key will make them free. It only takes one kiss for someone to feel something. For Caralei...
942 32 27
Emily Lucas Anderson a sweet, innocent caring girl. Due to her past she's broken but doesn't let her fear show. From outside she's a princess but in...
26.2K 750 42
Ally Crystal McCann is a 23 year old beautiful young lady who has been through a lot she has Battled and beat cancer twice she Is a loner she did ha...