Operation: Buddy-Buddy? šŸ’˜

By Makitouille

A series of wholesome Short Stories and Oneshots of my beloved OTP, Damianya. Much like a slice of life book... More

Library... (Date?) | 2
| Plant Sprouts |
Foundation Festival | 1
Foundation Festival | 2
| Sardines |
| The Way Home |
Game of Chess | 1

Library... (Date?) | 1

7.2K 126 37
By Makitouille

-The Students are about 14-15.
-Italicized sentences are lines said in a character's head.
-This story has two parts! Part 2 will be in the following chapter

___________

"Class is dismissed. Enjoy your lunch, everyone." The Professor takes his belongings off the desk and walks out the classroom.

The class rises and headed to the cafeteria.

"Quickly, the new limited edition raspberry shortcake is being sold! We need to hurry up..." The crowd of students rushed out the classroom.

A few other students were left in the room. A few of them start a bit of a chat, as others organize their belongings.

Becky Blackbell stands up. "Anya, I'll go on ahead! I'm really willing to go get my hands on that shortcake." She excitedly squeals.

"You aren't going to wait? - Becky!!" Anya Forger struggles to organize her stuff.

"No! From this past month, you've been really sloppy lately...! Did you think I couldn't tell how stressed you've been?" she stands at the edge of the door.

Anya's friend wouldn't want her best friend to push herself, Becky wanted the best and carefree Anya that she knew.

"Come on, it's fine! I want to try the shortcake too..." Anya frowns.

"If I have the chance, I'll get another one for you. It's fine! Let's eat together once we meet at the cafeteria. Mkay?"

Anya's lips tightened at the thought of having Becky go through that crowd of students."B-but.."

"It's okay, Anya. Give yourself a minute to relax!" Becky strikes a pose and clears her throat. "Allow me to run this errand for you, Madamme."

Anya takes a breath and smiles. "Alright. Thank you, Becks."

She waves to her friend as Anya watches her run through the hallway. Becky had been her best friend ever since so Anya was very grateful for having a source of comfort such as her.

The pink-haired girl sighs and plops her head on the table. "Man.."

Anya's parents, Loid and Yor forger, had been in this "business trip" for a few days now. In reality, it was a mission given to them both by a coincidence at the same week.

Given that, Anya had to take care of the house. Make food for herself, take care of her dog Bond and multiple other chores. She had experienced these before but still, these were her least favorite moments. Loid wouldn't normally trust Anya with herself, but she insisted on doing so.

... What's going on with Anya lately? I hope she's alright. Anya hears the thoughts of the boy behind her and eyes him.

"Hey, shrimp. What's up with you?" The all-known Damian Desmond walks down the stairs. "Blackbell is right, you've been down in the depths. Like a worm...yeesh." Damian cringes.

Anya squints her eyes. "You were listening? Ya stalker."

"Oh, quit it. You two dummies are as loud as ever, anyway."

That was a lie. No one but Desmond would pay attention to what they were saying, mega head over heels for the girl.

"Anyway, about my question earlier?"

"Okay fine, I'l tell you, Sy-on. I've been *manifesting*." Anya says as she once again, buries her face in her arms. "Maybe if I do that, I'll be able to pass..." She says while her voice weakens.

"Oh- for the hundredth time, it's *Scion*." The young man crossed his arms. "What do you mean, manifesting.. Good marks? Are you seriously relying on that, Forger?" He scoffs as he places his hand on Anya's table and looks down on her.

"Wow, you actually got it right this time, you read my mind, Sy-on!" her eyes light up and looks at him.

"Well, of cou- wait... you're serious?"

"I heard if you find a four leaf clover, you'll be extremely lucky! That'll definitely help me pass." She clenches her fist.

Damian stands there in shock. He has had a crush on Anya for a while now but sometimes, he wished she wasn't this much of a pain.

"There is no way you're actually relying on luck. But... knowing you, Forger, you would." He crosses his Arms.

He wasn't even surprised. The girl's carefree attitude was somehow something that he loved about her, so he let it slide.

She pulls her head up and starts to grab a few peanuts from her bag. "Honestly... I've been struggling a lot with studying for midterms and handling the house alone, my parents are currently on a business trip so I wasn't able to study properly... w-wait, did I even get to feed Bond? Oh no!" Anya turns her head left and right in a panic.

If only Mama and Papa were back home... I wish I could've gone on that  trip with them, this sucks. I'm so tired, I've always asked help from Papa whenever Major tests are coming... but I promised that I'll do my best for you guys!

Damian could clearly tell she was feeling down. He has had a big, big crush on Anya Forger ever since they were little, he couldn't stand seeing her without that usual goofy attitude.

"Hey, Shrimp." He grabs a peanut from the bag she was holding.

"Hey! Why do that out of nowhere?! These are mine." She looks at him, as she munches on her peanuts.

He sighs. "You know what? From one classmate to another... just-"

His face turned into a light pink. Stop making such a big deal of this. I swear, I wish I could control my emotions when it involves her..

"Come on now, spit it out...before I head out myself, ya slowpoke." She stands up and dusts her outfit with her hands as she grabs her handkerchief, slowly walking away from her seat.

Damian hesitates to even open his mouth, but his thoughts got the best of him.

"Ugh...you need support with studying, right?"

Anya turns to look at him. "Well, I don't necessarily nee-"

"What do you say I tutor you. Since we're on the same platform here, and just so our class won't look bad because of some idiot who cant handle her studies right." Damian turns his head away from her and scratches the back of his neck.

...A short pause fills the empty room. Anya tilts her head and stares at him with a surprised face.

"D-don't look at me like that!"

"You're kidding."

"I'm not! Well.. unless you really don't want to, then fine!"

"Really?!"

....

Anya walks up to him... and she gives him a big hug.

"Ah- what..?!" Damian tries to back away a little but Anya keeps her grip.

"Sy-on..." She starts tearing up.

"WAAAAAH!! I never thought I would say this to you in another ba-jillion years, but thank you so much!" She digs her head into his chest.

"H-hey!" Damian took a second to realize what he's gotten himself into. His face turns red and spreads his arms, trying to avoid hugging her back. "Let go, shrimp...!"

"Sy-on, I know you've helped me multiple times in the past, but this is just another day that I'm saying I'm really grateful." She smiles and hugs him tighter.

Damian's face was.. a tomato. His heart was racing. Pounding, in fact. But he loved every second of it. His face starts to heat up, but tried desperately to keep it cool. Hold yourself together, what are you overreacting for, Damian?!

The young man then thinks of how glad he is that he offered to tutor her, it made him smile.

"Yeah, yeah..." Wanting to return the hug, he slowly reaches his arm to make it's way around her neck. Damian comes closer...

"Heya, Bossman! You'll never guess. We got first in line for the raspbe-"

The door opened at that moment.

"AAAAH!" Damian panics, and pushes her away. (Not in a way that made Anya fall, though.) "W-welcome back, you two." He stutters.

"Pfft-...." Emile, one of Damian's close friends, grins. "Are we interrupting something? Sorry. We'll head ou-"

"NO! Not at all.. you- you saw absolutely nothing!" Damian chuckles nervously, fixing his tie.

"Eh? Who saw nothing??" Anya looking at Damian, then at the boys, then back at him again.

Damian looks away from her, with his face red from embarrassment. "That was just us trying to, um.."

Anya gets the hint that he wanted to make up an excuse, noticing Damian's expression. "We were tryna help each other get bugs off our uniforms, there seemed to be ants crawling around here." Hehe.

That idiot. Damian pinched in between his eyes.

Though he might have been embarrassed, he loved every second of Anya hugging him. He felt warm on the inside knowing that someone was grateful of what he's doing, it made his heart soft.

"You, dweeb... meet me at the library at club time." He points his finger at Anya.

Sy-on is a liar. Anya grins. But, I'm glad he sees me as a friend, too. She smiles. "Alright Sy-on boy, see ya!"

The girl walks out the door and happily skips to the cafeteria.

__________

______________

-- Next Chapter : The *Actual* library date.

-Sorry for any grammatical mistakes that I may have made!

Thank you for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 235K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
1.6M 109K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. šŸ”„** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
305K 536 5
Always read at your own risk
2.5M 2.4K 3
"The Malhotra Brides" is a heart-warming tale that explores the emotional journey of two sisters, Aditi and Pragya, as they navigate their new lives...