The Scythe Hero's Adventure

By drippy_boiz

I sort of felt like fuckin with shield hero for the fuck of it. Why not right. ______________________________... More

Chapter 1 - Arrival
Chapter 2 - That's Cap
Chapter 3 - More Excitement
Chapter 4 - Egg
Chapter 5 - Pebble's Growth
Chapter 7 - Fuck Royalty!
Chapter 8 - Leena Is Home
Chapter 9 - Wave Two? Wave Three? Eh, Wave 2.5
Chapter 10 - That's A Big Bird
Chapter 11 - A Hero Snaps
Chapter 12 - Worthy Of The Scythe

Chapter 6 - The Wave

273 6 3
By drippy_boiz

Ok so I'm back. Again. Very quickly after the last part.

Not gonna waste too much time so let's start.

____________________________________________

"Felt too good to be true to be away from this fuckin place." Tyler said looking around.

He was seeing nothing but glares from people around. Just people that take the King's word for everything.

"Ignore them. They aren't worth anything to you. So, you know where that place is?" Leena asked.

"Yeah. Shouldn't be far. If I'm remembering the directions right it should be this way."

They walked towards where they assumed the place was. Tyler held a sleeping Pebble in his arms. He was tired from both fighting and flying.

They had run into trouble a few times on the way here and had to deal with that. At one point they even had criminals come after them. Apparently they were mercenaries, but they never said who hired them.

"Still think it was either the King or Myne that hired those goons." Tyler said thinking about that encounter.

They had no issue, but it was a red flag that someone wanted them dead.

"Not easy to find out. Let's just forget about it for now." Leena told him.

Aside from that, Pebble actually grew a bit bigger over the last few days. Still small enough to be carried, but now Tyler has to put a bit of effort into it. He was about the size of a corgi, but just a tiny bit bigger.

To make it easier if you haven't seem a corgi. If Pebble was away as he was being carried and sitting up, Tyler would have to lean he is head to the side a bit to see where he was going. He was a growing boi.

"He's really growing at an alarming rate..... I hope he's ok." Tyler said a little worried.

"Relax Tyler. Some dragons grow to their full size fast like that. It's just genetics for him I guess." She reassured him.

"God I hope you're right." He said, still worried.

After they walked for another minute they eventually got to the place. Walking in they were met with a guy that was examining something on a Filolial.

"Uh..... Sorry, we're looking for someone to help us out with something." Tyler said getting his attention.

"Hmm? Oh, terribly sorry. I get rapped up in my work a lot sometimes and-" He paused seeing them.

"Oh shit he believes the King." Tyler cursed quietly.

Before he could turn to leave, the guy stopped him.

"Wait! Is that an actual dragon? This is amazing! I haven't seen a dragon walk in these doors for a while now." He said looking over Pebble.

Tyler and Leena looked at eachother. They both sighed in relief that he was just surprised to see a dragon.

"Yeah, we were hoping to learn a bit about him. I was told you can do that. Like you're an expert on dragons." He said looking down to Pebble.

"I see. Well I would be happy to have a look at him. There will be a fee of course, I need to keep my business running here." He said.

Tyler put Pebble on a table in the middle of the room. He had already woken up and was looking around. He really was like a dog.

A dog with scales.

Anyway Tyler and Leena stood with Pebble while the guy looked over him.

"You can wait out in the waiting area. I should not be too long. I promise you he is in safe hands."

They both looked to eachother, then to Pebble.

"You're gonna be fine buddy. We'll be in the other room. We aren't leaving you I promise." Tyler said petting his head.

"Stay calm and you'll be fine." Leena told him.

They left the room to wait for the guy to finish what he was doing.

They sat in the waiting area and just did exactly that..... Well, they both did for a while, but then after half an hour, Tyler began pacing.

"What if there's some serious issue?... Could end up having issues that seriously affect him..... What if he-"

"Tyler! It's ok, he's gonna be fine. I promise he will be safe. You don't need to worry so much." Leena told him.

"Huh? Oh.... Sorry I just, I over think things sometimes. Think about all the different outcomes of the current situation. Can't really stop it." He said sitting down.

"Pebble is going to be fine. You saw him, he's in good condition. You've been taking care of him really well these past couple of days. I'm positive he'll be ok." She told him.

That seemed to help.

After a few more minutes, the guy came back out to them.

"Now then. I've finished the examination. You can come and see him." He told them.

They stood up and followed him in to see Pebble was sitting exactly how he was when they left. He looked happy to see them.

"Hey there buddy." Tyler greeted him as he stood next to him.

"Your young drake... He is a fairly unique one. Quite astonishing honestly." The guy said walking to the other side of the table.

"Really? How so?" Leena asked.

"Well. First, his colour. A dragon with green scales like this isn't common, but more importantly, they're strong. They usually grow to be quiet big and strong. However......" He trailed off.

"What's wrong?" Leena asked.

"Nothing at all actually.... Just his size. The type of dragon he is should be at least the size of the table he's on by now. When did he hatch do you know?"

"Roughly about...... 4 or 5 days ago I believe." Tyler told him.

"Ah, I see. By now he normally should be big enough to crush the table he is sitting on. Not a bad thing mind you, just that he may not be as large as most his kind are supposed to be." The guy told them.

"That right huh? Guess there was a reason we called you Pebble then." Tyler said laughing a bit.

"Yes, quite a fitting name. Now he may end up not being as big, but the fire he breathes. That is powerful stuff. Most drakes at this point would only be able burn trees and other things that are easily flamable. Yet this one-" He pulled over a tray with a glove to show a slab of metal. Or at least that's what it was supposed to be. Instead it was a puddle of molten metal. "-was able to do that."

"Holy shit!"

"Surprising indeed. Not what I expected from him. You have a powerful dragon here. Look after him." He stepped away. "Aside from that, not much else to say about him. He is in perfect condition. No health issues or anything."

Tyler was relieved. Then he remembered something.

"Hey uh, someone told me that when a baby dragon is showing affection to one person a lot it means they see them as-"

"Their mother. Yes. Why do you bring that up?"

"Well-" Pebble did exactly that. He nuzzled into Tyler's shoulder. "-that's why."

"I see. Well, hope you like being a mother then, hahaha." The guy laughed.

"Not like I got a choice. Welp, come on then buddy. Oh and uh, what do I owe you?" Tyler asked.

"30 silver."

Tyler paid and they left the place.

They stepped out with Pebble walking beside Tyler. Every now and again he would nudge Tyler's hand for attention and pets.

They decided to go and check on the timer once again.

They went and checked to see they had two more days. They didn't stay long since Tyler knew the church wasn't fond of him and Leena. Once outside they went to that same Inn that the shit on day three started.

"Ok. So we need to really prepare for this. What's everything looking like?" Leena asked.

She pulled out her bag of items. Doing a check of what they have.

Tyler checked their stats.

"Alright. So far I'm at level 33. You're just above me at 36. Pebble is under us at 24. Gonna see about these skills."

He went about doing that and while he did Pebble was sitting next to him.

Pebble looked around at everything. They were getting odd looks from people seeing the rather small dragon. He was still big, but not like a full sized dragon yet. Pebble then noticed a few people that were glaring over at them. More specifically, at Tyler.

While Leena and Tyler were talking and preparing, those same people glaring started approaching.

"So how's the magic practice going?" Tyler asked.

"Pretty well actually. My fire magic is pretty strong. My healing has gotten better and I can overall do more spells than I could before. Good thing I restocked my arrows and stuff. Also I was thinking of going to Erhard and getting a better substitute than a simple knife." She took the knife out. It barely ever got used. "I barely use it thanks to you and it's helpful, but I need something more reliable."

"Makes sense. We can head there tomorrow if you wa-"

Suddenly a hand slammed down on the table.

"Hey. Ain't you that Hero that attacked this girl?" The guy that slammed his hand down asked.

They both turned to see about six guys standing there.

"Uh, no. He didn't actually. He never touched me that night." Leena defended.

"Sorry, you must have mistaken me for someone else. Anyway so we should go out and-"

"Hey I'm talkin to you!"

One of them pulled him off his seat and had an axe in his hand.

"Hey what the hell is wrong with you?!" Leena shouted at him.

Pebble was oddly quiet.

Everything was quiet, then Tyler noticed why Pebble was quiet. He pointed down to the guys axe.

"Might wanna get that checked out my man." Tyler said trying not to laugh.

The guy was confused until he looked down at his axe. It was completely gone. The handle of it still in his hand with one end still red hot. Pebble melted his axe before he even knew it.

"What the hell?!" He said in surprise. He glared at Tyler. "You and your fuckin lizard owe me for that!"

He was about to hit him when Pebble turned around and glared at the guy, letting out a short roar, but loud enough for outside to hear. Pebble kept eye contact with the guy, growling at him.

"Little drake is just protecting his mother. Can't fault him for that. So do us a favour big man and fuck off." Tyler said shoving the guy off of him.

They all backed away and the three were left alone. They both looked to Pebble.

"Haha good job buddy. That's my little drake." Tyler said hugging Pebble who nuzzled into him.

"You're adapting to the mother role alarmingly fast. It's kind of cute." Leena said, watching at the two.

They both decided to go and get some rest for the night and tomorrow they would do proper preparations.
.
.
.
.
.
It was the day that the wave was supposed to start. The Heros were as prepared as possible, only now they're waiting for it to actually begin.

"Are you nervous Tyler?" Leena asked seeing it on his face.

"Hmm? No, I'm fine. Just thinking. Battle strategies and stuff." He lied.

Leena looked at him and after a second she looked down with a small smile.

"Me too. I've never been more nervous in my life honestly, but we can't back out now." She said seeing through his lie completely. She wasn't going to be mad at him for being a little scared. "You're going to do great Tyler. I know you will."

They both talked for a bit about strategies, then a familiar, and a little larger than before, dragon made a noise from the side of them. Tyler looked over to the now rather large Pebble.

Pebble over the last two days has grown quite a bit. Another thing the vet guy told them was that Pebble is one of the types of dragons to grow to his full size rather quickly. So right now Pebble is barely taller than Tyler when on all fours. Yet he is still only a couple of days old.

"We haven't forgotten you big guy. Just talking about the wave is all. Relax." Tyler said putting a hand to the dragons head.

"What wave hooman?" A voice asked from between Tyler and Leena.

Leena groaned and Tyler let out an amused sigh.

"The Wave of Catastrophe Goba." He answered looking down to the source of the voice.
.
.
.
Wait a minute, you don't know who Goba is do you. Right I should explain that.

See within the last two days the three were going out to help people and slay monsters. They ended up going to a completely different village.

Anyway on the first day they were walking around a forest looking for stuff, but before that-

-Short Flashback-

"Just fair warnin bud. There are those that live in the forest, not hostile, just wanna let you know to be careful and be able to differentiate between people and monsters." A rather short green man told him.

"Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my head on right." Tyler said nodding to him.

'I am actually standing and talking to a Goblin and an Elf. Either this is actually real or that book put me in a coma and this is me before they pull the plug.' He thought to himself.

Yeah apparently the village is inhabited mostly by quite civilised Goblins and Elves. Not the Santa's slaves kind.

Leena was standing to the side, slightly huffy that Tyler took so much interest in the Elf girl. Said Elf girl already stated she was fuckin the Goblin next to her, but still.

The Elf girl was offering to guide them through the forest just incase. They would bring Pebble, but he's tired right now.

After a minute they're walking around the forest collecting things that the village needs for medical reasons and other stuff.

"So how old are you? Gotta be like mid twenties at most right?" Tyler asked the Elf girl.

"Oh no, much older. I am exactly 122 years old. Still quite young if I say so myself." She told him.

"Yeah humans would be bones in a coffin at that age." Tyler half joked. It is true.

He looked to Leena, then forward.

"I mean, we don't have Elves or Goblins back home, but we do have stories about them." He said thinking of a few things.

"Oh, really?" Leena asked, surprised to hear that.

"What were the stories like?" The Elf girl asked. Her name is Mia so I'll just call her that rather than Elf girl.

Tyler looked down at the ground, pausing what he was doing.

'Do. Not. Mention. Goblin Slayer.... Ever.' He looked to them both. "Uh, we had a thing called the internet and weebs made porn of them sometimes."

He immediately shut his mouth.

'Well that was a lot better!'

"What's the internet?" Mia asked.

"What's porn?" Leena asked.

Tyler immediately hated this situation.

"Oh fuck me-"

'Don't have to tell me twice.'

"-the internet is Humanities greatest mistake and porn is basically erotic literature only you record it in video form and show it to the world. I refuse to explain more."

They dropped the conversation for something else.

When they had separated to find things faster, Tyler was standing against a tree counting all the stuff he had.

He felt a presence near him on the other side of the tree. Like they thought he didn't notice them.

"Come out now and we won't have to get violent." Tyler said stopping his counting.

He heard a "fuck" and then light footsteps as someone came around the tree. He looked to see who was there to see a-

"Oh, a Goblin. Guess you live here huh? Don't mind me, just doing a few jobs is all." He told her. "Sorry for the threat, we had a few bandits attack us on the way here so I was just cautious."

"What hooman do in forest?" The Goblin asked.

He paid more attention to notice it was a female Goblin.

"Like I said. Few jobs to do for the locals is all. I'll be out of your way soon. Am I in your way at all?" He asked her.

"Goba thought you food."
.
.
.
.
.
"Come again? Did you mean you thought I had food?" He asked. "Cause I have a few things I could spare if you're-"

The girl wasn't listening. Just looking him up and down. Like she was analysing him. Trying to see what he was made off. He looked strong. She liked strong people, but hasn't met someone stronger than her.

Only one way to find out how strong he is.

Tyler was going on and on, only realising last second that there was a club heading for his head.

Before it hit him he drew a Scythe, cut it in half, picked the goblin girl up by the neck, since she was only wearing a few rags, and pinned her to the tree. Perfectly eye level.

He stared at her. She thought she was fucked, then realised he wasn't putting much or any pressure on her neck. He was just holding her there.

"Now look miss. I'm not here to start a fight. Ok? Just here to gather a few herbs and stuff for the locals. I don't mean any harm and I don't want to hurt you. So just take it easy. I won't let you go until I know you're not gonna just attack me." He told her politely yet firmly.

The girl looked to her weapon on the ground in half. He did that within a second. And he was easily holding her against the tree. She looked at him.

'Hooman stronk.'

"Goba apologise, Goba just want see you strong." She said.

"Huh?"

Tyler let her go.

"You wanted to see how strong I was? Well, I guess that's ok. Still, probably shouldn't attack random people like that. Names Tyler Grayson." He introduced, extending a hand to her as he crouched a bit to her level.

She looked at his hand, then to hers with a confused look. She then shook his hand after a minute of figuring it out.

"What's your name?" He asked her.

"Goba is Goba." She pointed at herself.

"Oh, so that's why you kept saying that. It's your name. Cool."

He reached into his bag in his side. He pulled something out. It was a bag.

Tyler got rid of the bag and showed her what it was. She had no clue what it was, but she loved the scent it gave off. It was so alluring and it made her mouth water.

"You said you wanted food right? Here. I was saving this for later, but if you need it I'll happily give it away." He said handing it to her.

Goba slowly stepped towards him, like she was unsure to trust him. She took the thing from him quickly and stepped back watching his every move.

She looked down to the thing. It was a soft, flat thing. What was this? It smelled great so I must be food.

She tore a bit off and tried it. Her eyes lit up and she immediately devoured the whole thing.

"Haha, everyone is a fan of pancakes." Tyler said watching her eyes light up.

"What Goba eat?" Goba asked.

"You don't know what that was? Like I said, it was a pancake. Easy to make and pretty much the reason the world isn't gone yet." He told her.

Tyler stood up.

"Welp, I've been here long enough. Gotta get going now." He started walking away and turned back to her. "Bye Goba, don't go attacking people like that alright?"

And he just left.
.
.
.
.
Goba was currently following the strong hooman. What was his name again?

"Ta... Tyler." She said remembering his name.

She was following him for a while. Well, she was, but now she was looking for him cause she got distracted and lost him.

After a few more minutes she finally spotted him talking to a hooman girl and an Elf girl.

With Tyler.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Anyway I have the-"

"Got you!"

"Huh?" All three of them said in unison, all three were confused.

"Goba?" Tyler said recognising her.

"Oh it was Goba you met! That makes sense." Mia said in realisation.

The next thing she said confused the three.

"Hooman is husband now!"

They all looked at her like she just told them aliens were on the way.

Leena was calm on the outside, but on the inside she was fucking fuming.

"What?" Leena said on the outside. On the inside. 'GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM YOU GREEN LITTLE SHI-'

Tyler looks down at her.

"What the fuck? No." He said firmly.

Goba suddenly grew a sad, teary eyed look, her rather large ears pointing down a bit.

"W... Why not?"
.
.
.
.
.
"Well, that's new for Goba." Mia said, still shook.

"You know her?" Tyler asked.

Leena took a deep breath.

"I'll be back in a few."

While Leena went to possibly make a monster run from her in fear, Mia explained things to Tyler.

"You see. Goba here is a goblin like Hobbie my husband is. Only she's been living out here her whole life. Anytime someone gets near where she lives she'll test them to see how tough they are and that's usually it. She's rather strong honestly. You mentioned you had no issue dealing with her right?" Mia asked.

"Yeah. I didn't hurt her obviously though." He told her.

She nodded.

"So my guess, is that she saw how strong you were and thinks you're the perfect husband for her. According to Hobbie, some goblin girls do it that way." She told him.

"First a mother and now a husband? What next, the pope?"

They looked down at Goba, she was still crying from the rejection.

"Hey. Goba."

She looked up to him.

"Look. I don't know about relationship stuff and I don't know you. At all. Sorry for uh, breaking your heart."

She shook her head.

"Goba understand. Goba no force hooman to be husband. Hooman was nice, thank for help Goba."

Goba was about to walk away when Tyler walked in front of her.

"Hold on. That doesn't mean we can't be friends at all. You seem like a nice goblin." He said putting a hand on her head.

She liked this gesture. It felt nice for some reason.

"Goba and hooman friend?" She asked.

"Hahaha, yeah. Goba and hooman friend. Though you can just call me Tyler."

She suddenly felt like saying his me was tough.

"Ty.... Tylll..."

"If it helps, just stick with Ty. That's fine by me." He told her.

"Ty. Goba and Ty friend!" She cheered. Holding her half club up like she was cheering a victory.

Mia smiled.

"Seems you made a nice compromise. Good. So, are we ready to get going?" She asked.

"Think so. Leena?.... Where'd she-"

"Hi, back. Sorry, just.... had to do a few things." She said letting out a sigh.

"Oh. Ok. So you wanna come with us Goba? You don't have to, me and Leena are going on a bit of a dangerous adventure. I'm not gonna make you do anything." Tyler told the little goblin.

"Yeah. Incredibly dangerous. Like, could easily end in you dying, dangerous." Leena said.

"Goba go with friend Ty and friend other hooman." Goba said pointing at Tyler and Leena.

"Oh right. Goba, this is Leena.

"Leea."

"Close enough. Now, let's get going."

And they all left to go back to the village.

-Flashback Over-

So that's how they met Goba. She still pursues the husband thing, but that's a work in progress for her.

When he met Goba, she only had a simple set of rags covering the important parts and even that was a stretch. Right now though, she was wearing a shirt that was a bit too big so one of her shoulders was visible and no pants, she at least had underwear now though and replaced the rags with cleaner and much more secure ones. She also had a small bit of armour on her arms and legs as well as a mace with her since she likes the smashing weapons.

"You need to be prepared Goba, we all do. We don't want to be under prepared. We don't know what these waves are made of, but they're gonna be tough. You be careful too Pebble." He told them.

After a few minutes they noticed the sky was slowly turning to a dark red.

"Guess this is-"

Suddenly all four of them were warped to a different town or village. People were scared of what was happening. Tyler then heard a familiar shield bois voice.

"Tyler. Guess this it then. Our first wave." Naofumi said as they approached.

"Yeah. Looks like it. You ready?"

"Not like I have a choice. Shit, here they come!"

They look to see a number of monsters approaching. Some looked like zombies and there were skeletons that looked kind of pissed off.

"Ok, Goba, you're with me. We'll go up front and deal with anything that gets near us."

"Goba smash freely?"

"Yes, Goba smash freely."

Goba grew a wide grin and ran forward with her sort of oversized mace.

"Leena, you stay back with Naofumi and take care of anything that has a range on us." Tyler told her. She nodded.

"Got it. I'll keep us covered Shield Hero."

Naofumi nodded to her.

"Raphtalia, Filo. Both of you cover the ones coming from the other side's. I'll protect you guys if I need to." Naofumi told them.

"Thanks. And Pebble."

Pebble looked at him, head tilted.

"See those things flying towards us?"

They looked to see weird flying things. Some looked like massive bats and some were like Gargoyles.

"Kill every single one of them."

Pebble looked up at them and let out a roar before throwing himself up towards them.

"Ok so that's that. Now we just need to actually win this thing." Tyler said with a slight bit of hopefulness.

"Yeah, I hope everyone does." Naofumi chimed in.

Tyler ran off to help Goba.
.
.
.
The fight was going on for what actually was an hour now. The wave just wouldn't end and it was clear that these monsters were different than what they had fought before.

It was still just Tyler and Naofumi fighting in the village, keeping the people safe from these monsters. A few unfortunate people were killed, but they wouldn't give up yet.

"Tyler! Pebble might be in trouble!" Leena shouted.

Tyler turned to her, she pointed behind her and he saw Pebble was fighting a slightly larger dragon. He was unharmed, but it wasn't an easy fight for him. The smaller enemies weren't making it easy for him.

"Goba, stay at the front and be careful, I'm gonna help Pebble out."

She nodded and shouted as she smashed another skull. Tyler ran back to help Pebble.

He got there and immediately drove his scythe in joint form into a monsters back. He kicked it away and immediately decapitated another one that got close.

He killed a few more and stood next to Pebble.

"Hey buddy. You're doing great." Tyler noticed Pebble was glaring with murderous intent at the other dragon. "I'll let you deal with him on your own. I'll keep the rest off of you."

They got back into the fight.

Tyler was able to see where the other three were. They were fighting some big monster. Must be the big boy of the wave. Someone had mentioned a wave boss that ends the wave if killed.

The fight kept going for a while and Tyler was getting sort of tired. Especially when he took a hit from that dragon which really sent Pebble off the rails.

"Fuck. Come on guys what's it take to kill that thing?"

He shot a monster with the acid web and turned to cut another in half. A larger skeleton with a hammer suddenly burst through a wall and sent Tyler back with it.

Tyler landed on his back and before he could get up a zombie thing was about to bite at him. He backhanded it and grabbed it's face. It tried to bite him but he slammed it into the ground leaving nothing but a splash of blood.

Then a few more were very close and getting closer.

"Shit."

Before that though, a familiar short green girl ran over and took them out one by one. Goba was a natural at smashing heads. Like she does it for a living or something.

"Hooman live?"

"Thanks Goba. Yeah, I think I'm alive."

He then noticed that there were very few monsters now and they weren't respawning. Still a good amount of them though.

Leena came over to help him up.

"Come on Tyler. We got this." She said with a confident smile.

"Right. Are people ok?" He asked.

They looked over to the group of civilians that were perfectly fine. Just then a headless dragon fell down in front of them. Pebble immediately landed on it with the head falling next to the body and blood around Pebble's mouth and claws.

It startled everyone, but Tyler just cheered for him.

"Good job Pebble. You earned a reward after this."

Pebbles tail was now wagging like a dog's tail.

"Right. Let's go help with clearing the rest out." He said standing up and the three of them ran to help Naofumi. "You stay and protect those people Pebble."

They ran off. Pebble turned to look at the crowd of rather scared people. He then gave them a smile that was nothing but blood covered teeth.

While that was happening. Tyler, Leena and Goba were back with Naofumi.

"Still a lot of these things left. Might need the other three to get rid of them fast." Tyler said as he cut down another monster.

"Maybe, but right now it's just us." Naofumi said blocking a hit and using his airstrike shield to protect Filo from a hit.

That's when Leena noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

"Shit! Problem overhead!"

They look up and see a rain of arrows heading for them.

There were still civilians here too.

Naofumi used a bigger airstrike shield to protect the rest of them while Tyler used his Stone Scythe to make a protective arch over people. No one was hurt except for the monsters.

They looked to see..... Soldiers from the capital?

Tyler turned to the people.

"Everyone alright? No one was hit by those arrows?"

No one said anything.

"No. We're safe. Thank you Hero." One of them said.

"Good. We'll go see the-"

He was cut off when he heard a roar of pain from a dragon. That could only be-

"Pebble."

Tyler ran out and over to where Pebble was.

He got to his dragon and saw what happened. He was standing over the people to protect them from the arrows, but one of them got into his back. It somehow broke through a scale.

"Pebble! You alright buddy?"

Pebble backed away. He seemed scared. Unsure what happened.

"Hey, hey! It's alright Pebble. It's just me. I won't hurt you. Never will. I promise." Tyler said trying to ease the huge yet young drake.

"He protected us and got hit himself." A woman said.

"You did a good thing Pebble. Now come on. Let's see what we can do about that arrow." Tyler said.

Pebble calmed down a bit and slowly approaches Tyler. Leena then came over and he felt more at ease with the two that raised him here.

He leaned his head down to them and Tyler went to his back while Leena kept him calm.

"It's ok big guy. Shhhhh, it's ok. Just look at me."

Leena put her hand into his snout. She could feel him breathing. He was still a little panicked, but he was calming down.

"Looks like that dragon softened up a scale and an arrow was lucky to pierce it. It's not in deep so I should be ok to pull it out." Tyler told her.

"Ok, but do it carefully or the head might get stuck in the wound." She told him.

Tyler grabbed the arrow.

"Sorry about this buddy, this'll hurt a bit."

Leena held up a healing potion and threw it to him.

"Thanks. Ok. Ready? I need you to keep him calm for me Leena."

She nodded.

Tyler slowly pulled it out while Pebble tensed up. After a minute though-

"Got it. See? Wasn't so bad."

Leena looked at Pebble with a smile.

"There you go now. You're one strong dragon."

After they helped Pebble they went back to the group after checking with everyone.

They returned to see Raphtalia pissed off and giving shit to the captain of those soldiers. Leena then looked to see where Goba was and grew an angry look when she saw a few soldiers were annoying her.

They both went over and Tyler just stood behind one of them with folded arms and an angry look.

"Damn this freak is tiny. I can throw her so far!" One of them joked.

"... You mean could've." Tyler said as if it was an order.

"Huh? You with this freak? Makes sense for the Scythe Hero I guess." He said turning to them.

"Yeah, for all we know he's fuckin the tiny-"

Suddenly there was a knife at his throat. That shit him up.

Tyler was surprised to see Leena was the one doing it.

"Let's get one small thing understood here. You did practically nothing in this fight and almost even got the people of this village killed. And yet you still think it's right to insult the Scythe Hero and treat him like dirt? He's the only reason anyone is safe here. Well, him and the Shield Hero, but you get my point. So do us a favour. Shut the fuck up, leave our friend alone and don't bother us again." She said firmly.

They soldiers just left after that. Leena was a scary girl.

After she calmed down they helped the people with any injuries. Naofumi and Tyler were sitting down after dealing with all of that.

"Ok. That was a bit chaotic." Tyler said.

"Try a lot and I'll agree with you." Naofumi laughed.

After they talked for a bit, Ren and the other two showed up. Ren came over to them.

"Naofumi. Tyler. It's good to see you two survived."

"You too man. Not to be an ass, but could you have killed that thing any faster?" Tyler joked.

"Not with Motoyasu constantly getting in the way. Would have beaten it sooner if I never had to adjust my hits when he got in my way." Ren said. The agony from having to deal with that moron was clear on his face.

"He has that affect in general. Just never want to be near him." Naofumi chimed in.

Naofumi looked to Ren.

"Thanks for actually thinking about the whole thing and not immediately hating me." Naofumi said nodding to him.

Ren nodded back.

"We do have a thing called innocent till proven guilty." Ren told him.

"Try telling the court that. They'll throw you out faster than you can breath." Tyler said rolling his eyes.

Ren started walking back to his party and turned to look at them.

"Apparently the King will want to reward us for this victory. He wants us there tonight." Ren told them.

"Alright fine. I'll be there at least. Can't promise much though." Tyler told him.

He looked to his team. What did the King have planned now?

Regardless, he won't let them touch his teammates. Leena is too much of a valued friend for him to let anything happen to her. Goba was odd, she had a tendency to be a bit aggressive and violent, but she was nice. Pebble is the bestest boi ever, he can't let that dragon get hurt.

Though when he looks to Leena, he thinks about what he did to her and her family. He doesn't want to go and risk anything, but badly wants to bring up that topic with the King.

Either way. Tonight is only going to get more interesting.

____________________________________________

Ok that's this part sorted out. We get a Goblin girl, goblins could be nice, we don't know, have you met a goblin before? Exactly.

Now then, imma get going. Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 1.4K 18
Naofumi is an Otaku who is the only thing keeping a homicidal Parasite "Parasite?!" from killing the earth with a steady diet of Chocolate, phenethyl...
54.2K 783 32
This is a story I create in my free time. This is the Rising of the Shield Hero story, but with the addition of my characters. P.S. I'm not the owner...
134K 1.8K 33
Months after having his name cleared, Naofumi, his group as well as several others are summoned to watch his journey.
1.2K 43 8
When the First Wave attacked, the village Seaetto was destroyed. But there was one survivor. A boy, a demi-human boy. He lost everything he had, but...