Deadpool \\ Derek Hale [1]

By AintThatDevine

Names on a list with a price were all they were. Humanity was pushed out of importance; the lure of money lin... More

Disclaimer \\ Deadpool
Prologue
One \\ A Choppy Start to the Year
Two \\ A Poisonous Town
Three \\ High School Smells
Four \\ Banshee? Banshee.
Five \\ Wolf, Wolf, Fox
Six \\ Deaton to the Rescue
Seven \\ Without A Trace
Eight \\ Beacon Hills: A History
Nine \\ The Lookout Point
Ten \\ Survivors Guilt
Eleven \\ "Oh Right. Her."
Twelve \\ Meet the Pack
Thirteen \\ The Alpha is Dead
Fourteen \\ A Little Toasty
Fifteen \\ Death Defying
Seventeen \\ Getting Bored
Eighteen \\ Tensions
Nineteen \\ Intentionality
Twenty \\ Certain Sensors
Twenty-One \\ Payment Denied
Twenty-Two \\ Fated
Twenty-Three \\ Fancy Kraft Dinner
Twenty-Four \\ 24
Twenty-Five \\ Caitlyn
Twenty-Six \\ The Old People
Twenty-Seven \\ Moving Day
Twenty-Eight \\ Boxers
Twenty-Nine \\ I Asked Nicely
Thirty \\ What Three Things?
Thirty-One \\ All For Power
Epilogue \\ Three Months Later
Much Love \\ Sequel

Sixteen \\ Devenford

26.8K 854 137
By AintThatDevine

Sixteen \\

"I'm not in school. I'm with Lydia. We're trying to find the cipher for Lorraine's code."

Dakoda made rounds in the hospital, her phone squished between her shoulder and her ear. She was on break time, but she rarely stayed down during her time off. "Any luck?"

"No dice, but we're working on it," Stiles said with a sigh. "What did you find out. Scott said you were panicked about something."

"Did you ever actually count up how much was on the lists?"

"No, but I mean it's 117 since that's how much was taken from Peter." He hesitated, "Right?"

"Not exactly, no." Koda stepped to the side, letting a gurney pass. She ran a hand along her jaw, "There's 147 million on it, Stiles. I counted it up a couple of hours ago. 147 million dollars in total."

"But that's..." His voice trailed off, "The money not accounted for,"

"It's how much I am. 30 extra, my price. There's no way in Hell that's a coincidence." She took another glance around, cautious.

"You're being personally funded?" Stiles asked. "Someone must really want you dead, Koda."

"Seems so."

"Hey, could you do me a quick favor?" he asked, changing subjects after a moment.

"What do you need?" Koda sat up from leaning against the wall, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Could you get a copy of the paper to my dad? He had his surgery this morning and he likes the Wallstreet Journal."

Dakoda hesitated but soon accepted, "No problem. Keep me updated on the code and if you crack it."

"You got it. Later, Koda."

"Bye, Stiles." Hanging up, she let out a soft sigh and pocketed her phone. Taking change, she went to the displays of papers and paid for a copy of the Sheriff's preferred newspaper.

She could get it to him by using another nurse.

Koda returned to her post, finding Stilinski's room number on a clipboard. When she was about to ask for someone to do a delivery, her whole station was busy.

She gave a slight huff, going up to the next floor with the paper herself. She could more than likely get in and out without having an issue.

Hell, she was hoping the Sheriff would be napping when she went in.

With the room surfacing in front of her, Koda hesitated to grab the door handle. She pressed it to open, finding Sheriff Stilinski writing while one arm was slung in a cast. "Sheriff?" she softly asked, coming into the room.

"Yes?" The Sheriff looked up, his glasses on the bridge of his nose as he ceased writing. "Can I help you?"

"No, sir that's my job." Dakoda lightly joked, feeling slightly nervous. "We got a call from your son. He said you liked the newspaper."

Sheriff Stilinski furrowed his eyebrows, taking the paper as she handed it to him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Is there anything else I can get you?"

"This is fine, thank you."

Dakoda nodded, relieved. "Enjoy your paper." She turned, making her way to the door.

Sheriff Stilinski left the newspaper on his lap, taking off his glasses as he watched the nurse. "Dakoda?"

She hesitated in the doorway, glancing back to him. "No, Sir. I think you have the wrong person." She disappeared out the door before he could prompt her again. She ran her hand through her hair, her heart racing and attempting to not give out.

Deadpool, cops, murder, fugitives.

The supernaturals of Beacon Hills only had the hit list to worry about.

Koda, on the other hand, didn't have the luxury.

\\

Brett was beside himself at lacrosse practice. He was too jumpy, too worried.

It was far too much stress for a seventeen year old.

But he preferred the open lacrosse field to his home that was housing the surviving members of his pack. He loved them more than anything except maybe Dakoda, but living so close to them was a bit much when the apartment they were hiding in was meant for two.

Not to mention he missed his sister.

He was worried about her, always questioning if she was still alive.

Brett stayed up on the roof of the apartment building, leaning over on the railing. He watched the sky, the town rumbling below in existence.

"She's okay, Brett." Satomi walked soundlessly to him, able to find him with no issue.

"Do you read minds now, too?" Brett asked, eyes focused on Devenford.

"No, but your emotions are so strong I could smell them downstairs. "Joining him, she placed her hands on the guard rail. The sun was setting, a beautiful pink glow crossing.

"Sorry," Brett mumbled, still not looking at his alpha.

"No need to apologize, my boy."

"Satomi," Brett looked up to the sky, a moon ghost waiting in the clouds. "Do you think we'll survive this?"

"I'd like to think so," she replied. "Koda seems rather confident we could end this soon."

"She acts like it's nothing." A flicker of rage warmed off of the teen, "Thirty million dollars and she doesn't care."

"She cares, Brett. Trust me, she does. But she cares for others and their safety first." Satomi told him, "She's always been that way."

"I know," Brett said in a soft grumble, letting go of a sigh. "I know, I just want her home. I want this to be over."

"She does too. She's working on it," Satomi promised.

"Well, one of the two things you want are fulfilled."

Brett stopped, furrowing his eyebrows before a childish smile crossed his face. He turned around, quickly grabbing Dakoda and latching onto her.

"Hey little brother." Koda had her arms wrapped around his neck, her eyes closed.

"I'm so glad you're all right."

"Of course I'm all right, I'm me." She kissed his cheek, getting set down. She smiled up at her brother, fixing his hair. "How are you?"

"How am I?" Brett was watching his sister is disbelief, "Alive, because you're stupidly staying in that town." He furrowed his eyebrows, "Whose shirt is-" He lifted the sleeve, giving her only a judging grin. "I guess stopping the deadpool isn't the only reason you're staying in Beacon Hills."

Koda shoved him lightly, moving her attention to her alpha. "How is everything, Satomi?"

"Cramped, but we're all still alive." Satomi embraced Dakoda, "I'll take it over the alternative." Letting go, even she was surprised of the wolf's appearance. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check up on Brett, as well as talk to you if I could," Koda said, silently telling Brett this was a conversation for her and Satomi.

"I'll be inside," Brett told Koda softly, disappearing back down into the apartment building.

"Has something changed?" Satomi was a little shorter than Dakoda, causing her to look up to her slightly.

"I found something this morning." Koda reached into her back pocket, removing three pieces of paper and unfolding them. "These are the three parts of the deadpool. I added up all of the numbers and there's 147 million dollars on the hit list."

Satomi looked over the list, tilting her chin. "I'm confused." She saw her name on it but expected nothing less.

"The money funding the list was originally stolen from Peter Hale, taken from his family vault," Dakoda said. "Only 117 million was in the vault."

Satomi watched as Koda put the first list on top that held the girl's name. "30 million unaccounted for."

"And that's how much I'm worth." Dakoda felt dismal, unable to ever feel comfort in this time. "It's not a coincidence and I want to know who's funding my assassination."

"Who would want you dead so badly?"

She was starting to feel anger. "Can you think of no one, Satomi?"

Satomi pursed her lips, not looking to her beta, "Dakoda..."

"You can't tell me he wouldn't," Koda snapped, "It has to be him."

"I'm saying I don't think he's doing it," she replied, her tone as inclined as hers. "Brett would be separately funded too if your father was apart of this."

"No, he wouldn't. He's never liked my powers and we were closest before it all the broke loose." Bitterness was in her voice, thick and aged to hatred. "It has to be him."

"Dakoda, it's not your father paying 30 million dollars for you death."

"How would you know that?" she asked with heavy determination. "He's not even supposed to know where we are."

"No..." Satomi struggled with her words, a very rare occasion in itself, "but-"

Koda found her grip tightening on her copies of the deadpool. "Satomi."

"It was a few months ago."

"What did you do, Satomi?" When Satomi didn't reply, Koda was about to crack in the way she never wanted to. "What have you done?"

"He isn't the one who's funding your death. That much I know."

"I don't believe you." Dakoda's rage was flaring, her pages crumpled past recognition. "You knew Derek had been here for a year - the only man I've ever loved - and you let it go by without telling me. For what, Satomi? You knew my brother and I were running from not only from the police but from our father. He murdered our mother, and you speak to him without bothering to tell me?" She released the pages, the wind taking them far away. Her eyes had begun to glow from pure anger. "Who do you think you are?"

"I'm sorry, Dakoda."

"Even if you are, once this is over, I'm leaving the pack. I'll give Brett the option to go or stay, but I'll leave." Koda's eyes took back the ocean blue, her body tense as she left Satomi on the roof.

But Brett was there, only a flight down. Koda's cheek gained moisture as she stopped at the top of the stairs on the landing with her eyes locked on Brett's. Quickly wiping it away, she started down the stairs. "We need to leave, all of us. The pack needs to get out of Beacon county."

"We've been trying, but assassins are everywhere." Brett followed her, slightly behind his sister. "They're blocking any way out."

"It's dangerous here, too," Koda told him, continuing down.

Brett stopped, the panel for their floor next to him as Dakoda kept going. "You're leaving again."

Dakoda's shoulder dropped, her body turning to face him. "Brett-"

"You have to stop the deadpool, I know." But the tone in his voice was littered with annoyance. "That's what you say everytime."

"I can help finish this." Koda went up a step closer to her brother but had no intention of giving up and staying in Devenford.

"You keep saying that." Brett rarely rose his voice with her, and right then was one of the occasions. "It's been weeks. There are less than ten of us left and you keep leaving!"

"I'm trying to stop it! I'm trying to save us. I did it when we were young, why don't you think I can do it now?"

Brett grew quiet, his eyes locked onto hers. "This is more than just an abusive stepfather and you know it."

"I can do this, Brett." Dakoda removed any anger or distress from her voice. "I'm getting all of you out tonight. I'll figure something out. If I don't call in an hour, then something's wrong."

Brett only had a tight jaw, looking away.

"I mean it. An hour." She went back down the steps, "I love you." With a last glance, she left the building. Getting into her car and starting the engine, she drove back to Beacon Hills.

And in an hour, there would be no call.

-Please don't kill me guys. I already know Demi will because she has an idea of what happens next - Mel xx (xxxx)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491K 12.4K 32
"I'm sexy and you're not." "Did your mom tell you that?" "Shut up Hale." - Troublesome Shay Finstock moves to Beacon Hills and meets black haired we...
594K 30.3K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
625K 29.8K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
229K 5.6K 43
Andrea Sanders, legendary hunter, is the kind of legend that only the brave and stupid dare to whisper about at night. After ditching the foster syst...