Rekindling Old Flames (BWWM)

By mss_amalee

"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down b... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
EPILOGUE
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 13
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 19
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 17
NEW BEGINNINGS
OUR WEDDING DAY
TEN YEARS LATER

CHAPTER 6

5K 186 21
By mss_amalee

"Lilah, what are you doing here so early?" Tamara asks once she opens the front door.

"Where do I start?" I walk past her into the house.

"Maybe you can start by explaining why you are wearing a dinner dress so early in the morning."

"I spent the night out." I sink into one of the couches in her living room.

"You spent the night out! Oh my God, it's been so long. I have to ask, with whom?" Tamara asks, getting more excited by the minute. I didn't date much after Beau, so it is no surprise that Tamara is eager to hear about a date.

"Beau."

"You had sex with Beau?" Tamara asks, wide-eyed.

"Of course not; I just spent the night over at his place."

"How did that happen?"

"I don't know, but I guess he was called to the restaurant after I passed out."

"You passed out at a restaurant?"

"Yeah," I say, staring at Tamara's TV screen.

"Why are you looking at the TV? It's switched off. Is something on your mind?"

"Beau kissed me."

"He did what?"

"He kissed me." My hands automatically touch my lips. I wet them and swear I can still taste him. I can't believe he kissed me.

"Why would he kiss you?"

"That's the same question I have been asking myself since he did it. It's driving me crazy."

"There must be an explanation. Beau wouldn't just kiss you for no reason."

"I know. You could assume he suddenly wants me back, but I know that's not the case with Beau. He never even liked me, and there is no way in hell I believe he does now."

"Me either; I can still remember the words he said to you that day."

"You remember it so well because they were the same words his cousin told you. I still find it strange how they both said the exact same thing when they broke our hearts."

"Yeah, that's why." Tamara looks lost in her thoughts.

"What're you thinking?" I ask, worried something might be wrong.

Tamara sighs deeply and her shoulders drop before she speaks, "I met with Harvey last week."

"You saw that monster?"

Beau had shattered my heart, but what his cousin did to Tamara... Words can't even explain it. He practically took out her heart, cut it up into pieces, and discarded it like it was the most worthless thing in this world.

"Yes, and you won't believe it, but he is worse than before if that's even possible."

"Where did you see him?"

"Remember I told you the restaurant recently got a new owner?"

"Yes, I recall."

"Harvey is the new—"

"He is the new owner." I finish Tamara's sentence for her, already guessing what she will say.

"Yes."

"You need to quit; there is no way you can continue working there. He will make things unbearable for you."

"I wish I could, Lilah, but I can't. It was hard enough to secure the position of manager in that restaurant. I can't just quit."

"But he will hurt you! I don't want you to get hurt." I feel tears forming in my eyes as I imagine how Harvey will treat Tamara.

"I know he will, but don't forget this. Your friend is a strong woman. There is nothing Harvey can bring my way that I won't be able to handle. You have nothing to worry about." Tamara wipes a teardrop that must have escaped my eyes without me knowing. I still remember what Tamara went through because of Harvey. I can't imagine her going through the same thing again or something worse. It will kill her.

"Alright, if you say so but leave if it gets to be too much. I know you need the job but quit if working under him is too stressful. We will find you another job as good as this one."

"I will."

Despite her promise, I have a very bad feeling about how this will end.

***

After leaving Tamara's house, I hail a cab to work. I had showered and borrowed one of her outfits for the day. It's a good thing we are the same size, so I don't have to go home to get ready. I'm wearing brown office pants, a white blouse, and a brown blazer. Unfortunately, Tamara and I aren't the same shoe size, so I'm still in my black stiletto heels from last night. They're a little too high for work, but I don't have a choice.

I smile at Camila's secretary before I step into her office.

"Good morn—" I stop speaking once I see she's not alone in her office. I wonder why her secretary didn't warn me. "I am so sorry, Camila. Jessica didn't tell me you were in a meeting," I turn around to leave.

"No need to leave; we were actually waiting for you to arrive." Camila's words stop me from turning the doorknob.

"Why? Were we supposed to have a meeting today?" I ask, walking away from the door and back to her desk

"No, Mr. Williams is actually here to apologize for yesterday."

"Beau?" I spin the chair around where the person is seated.

"Hello, darling." That stupid smirk I hate is plastered on his face as he looks at me.

"Don't call me that. What are you doing here?"

"Why don't you take a seat, Lilah?" Camila points to the seat next to Beau, using her eyes to plead with me to listen.

"What exactly is going on?" I ask once I take my seat.

"Beau came to apologize for missing dinner with you last night. He says your secretary told him it was next Tuesday, not yesterday."

"Oh." Knowing my secretary, I don't doubt that. The woman is scatterbrained and disorganized, but I can't fire her because she's my cousin.

I can't believe I was so pissed off at Beau for standing me up when he didn't. He might be a heartbreaker, but at least he has morals.

"He also says he will increase the price he is offering to invest."

"My answer is still no." I don't even bother to ask the amount he is offering.

"Mr. Williams, do you mind excusing Lilah and me?"

"Of course not."

"Thank you, I'll let you know tomorrow if we decide to move forward or not." Camila stands up from her chair to walk Beau out. I look at her like she has two heads. I can't believe she's even considering his offer. It's like she's forgetting everything I told her about him.

"Thank you, Camila." Beau says, standing up from his seat. He buttons his Ralph Lauren suit jacket and turns to face me. "Goodbye, love," Beau says, leaning down and pecking my forehead. What the hell is wrong with him? Has he lost his mind? I'm starting to think he is having some serious mental issues.

Once Camila walks back into her office after seeing Beau off, she says something that makes even me consider accepting his offer.

"If Beau is really planning on becoming an investor so he can ruin the company, remember he is the one who will lose a lot of money, so there is no way that is why he's doing it."

After she says this, I take a minute to digest her words.

"You're right. If anyone suffers a huge loss, it would be Beau, not us."

"Exactly, so let's not dwell on the past. Instead, let's focus on making good use of his money. We don't really have a choice if we want our dream to come true. Beau has left us no other options."

"Is he truly the only choice?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Give me the day to think about it."

"No problem. Let me know what you decide before tomorrow," Camila agrees.

"I will." I leave her office and spend the rest of the day wishing a very slow, painful death on Beau Williams.

***

The following day, Beau and his lawyers arrive early for the contract signing. I agreed to let him be our investor. Camila is right, and as much as I don't want him anywhere near me, I am open to using every penny he has to build our dream. I step out of the conference room to welcome them. Beau and two men step out of the elevator and walk toward where Camila and I are standing. I shake hands with his lawyers but ignore Beau's outstretched hand. He doesn't say anything but smirks. I roll my eyes at him in return.

I move out of the doorway, so Beau and his lawyers can step inside. I expect Beau to walk in first, but he lets his lawyers walk in before him. I guess he's not as pompous as I thought. I know many CEOs who would never let their subordinates walk into a boardroom before them.

"After you, Mr. Williams," I say and gesture to the open door. As I wait patiently for Beau to walk in, he surprises me by grabbing my hand and pulling me into his chest, using his strong arms to hold me firm against him. I stare at him, wide-eyed and confused.?

"What are you doing?" I ask as I try to free myself from his hold. His arm is firmly locked around my waist. I look around, praying we are alone. We are the only ones in the hallway, thank God. I don't even want to imagine what my staff would say if they saw us.

"Times like these are when I love that you are dark-skinned," Beau smirks as he stares at my face with great intensity.

"What are you talking about?" I suddenly start feeling hot as we stay glued to one another. I look around the room, wondering if the air conditioner is on.

" I'm only able to tell how much our closeness affects you by your eyes." His lips lightly brush my ear as he whispers huskily. I blink my eyes and swallow the lump that's formed in my throat. God! Why does it feel like it's getting hotter in here?

"I don't know what you mean. Being close to you doesn't affect me," I lie through my teeth. I am supposed to feel cold and disgusted, not hot. It scares me that I still feel hot around him, even after so many years.

"But it does, honey; you feel hot in my arms, so much so you could just melt in them," he whispers into my ear, nibbling my earlobe as he takes his mouth away. All the baby hairs on the back of my neck give a standing ovation as my eyes widen from what he's doing. I know I should feel disgusted, but I don't. I don't even want to accept how he makes me feel. I am ashamed to say it.

"Now, I'll ask my question. Why didn't you shake my hand?" Beau takes a strand of my hair that escaped my bun and tucks it behind my ear. His hand lingers on my face, and I almost close my eyes and melt into his palm. I try to remove my hands from his hold so I can move his fingers away, but this only makes Beau tighten his grip on me.

"Because I didn't want to," I respond, wiggling a little in his arms to get free, but Beau is stronger than I am, so all my efforts are in vain. I am about to speak when the door behind me opens.

"Is something wrong? The meeting is about to start," Camila asks, poking her head out of the boardroom. The second she opens the door, Beau loses focus, which gives me a chance to get away from him.

"Nothing is wrong; we're coming," I answer, getting free from Beau's hold. I wonder how long we would've been in that position if Camila had never come. Beau is becoming more confusing by the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 5.1K 26
"Please, fuck me, please!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Only because you look so pretty when you beg." He pushed my face to the cement f...
414K 7.8K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...
3.1M 101K 36
Damon Blackwood. Soon to be CEO of Blackwood Industries. If you asked people to describe him, the first words that come to mind are "stoic" and "mean...
73K 3K 51
Bohlokoa is a twenty-seven-year-old computer programmer who lives and works in Johannesburg South Africa. Darius is a forty-five-year-old business ty...